Classic Triple Revival Race 2010

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 k21john

k21john

• 67 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 10:03

Hi all

As already mentioned we are in the planning stages of adding a Classic Triple Revival Race to the Classic Donington Revival Meeting in 2010. The event is run by the CRMC (Classic Racing Motorcycle Club) and is their premier meeting of the season.

The meeting attracts over 400 Solo Riders from the UK, Europe and the Rest of the World and for you guys on the 750 / 930 Triples there is the opportunity to compete in 7 or 8 races during the weekend as well as the Classic Triple Revival Race.

Full details will be available in a few weeks time but in the meantime I am just trying to put some numbers together of interested parties. 2009 saw 29 Triples in and around the paddock so for 2010 we are trying to assemble around 40 for the grid.

This truly will be a historic event as even in the early Match Races there were very rarly more than 10 triples on a grid.

So let me know if your interested and I will start compiling a mailing list to keep all interested parties informed of news and progress on this unique race.....

I would also be interested if you can post a photo of your race bike on this thread....

Below is a link to the gallery of the some of the Triples at Donington 09

http://www.chrischap...lore/index.html

I look forward to your thoughts

Regards

John Mitchell

Advertisement

#2 georgeajs

georgeajs

• 1 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 09:23

Hi all

As already mentioned we are in the planning stages of adding a Classic Triple Revival Race to the Classic Donington Revival Meeting in 2010. The event is run by the CRMC (Classic Racing Motorcycle Club) and is their premier meeting of the season.

The meeting attracts over 400 Solo Riders from the UK, Europe and the Rest of the World and for you guys on the 750 / 930 Triples there is the opportunity to compete in 7 or 8 races during the weekend as well as the Classic Triple Revival Race.

Full details will be available in a few weeks time but in the meantime I am just trying to put some numbers together of interested parties. 2009 saw 29 Triples in and around the paddock so for 2010 we are trying to assemble around 40 for the grid.

This truly will be a historic event as even in the early Match Races there were very rarly more than 10 triples on a grid.

So let me know if your interested and I will start compiling a mailing list to keep all interested parties informed of news and progress on this unique race.....

I would also be interested if you can post a photo of your race bike on this thread....

Below is a link to the gallery of the some of the Triples at Donington 09

http://www.chrischap...lore/index.html

I look forward to your thoughts

Regards

John Mitchell

Yes John I have many close and personal memories of these super machines, count me in to receive details about the meeting. I will find some bikes.....Alex George

#3 fil2.8

fil2.8

• 19,496 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 09:37

Yes John I have many close and personal memories of these super machines, count me in to receive details about the meeting. I will find some bikes.....Alex George

A huge welcome to the forum Alex :up: we look forward to your imput here and seeing you at Donington , and maybe at other CMRC meetings next year :up: :wave: :wave:

#4 picblanc

picblanc

• 12,531 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 10:56

Blimey!! Alex George, welcome to you, hope you can join in on the other parts of the forum Alex, great stuff!! :up: :wave:

PS. Oh yes I will be at Donny but only drooling on/over the Triples (dirty boy!!)

Edited by picblanc, 29 November 2009 - 10:57.

#5 exclubracer

exclubracer

• 1,720 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 11:02

:wave: Welcome from me too Alex, look forward to your stories! :up:

#6 Classicpics

Classicpics

• 438 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 18:36

Welcome Alex hope you are fit and well, nice to have you onboard, I too look forward to hearing your racing tales.

Have you have lived down beating Mike at the TT. :lol: :wave:

or do people still have a go at you about it? ):

#7 ex Rhodie racer 2

ex Rhodie racer 2

• 1,140 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 20:02

Big welcome from me also Alex. I met you and your lovely lady Dianne in the IOM inĀ“76, I think it was.
I hope you are both well and still enjoying life. :wave: