Photo

Photos please. Prototype versions of 917/10 & 917/30

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Cam2InfoNeeded

Cam2InfoNeeded

• 206 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 20:53

I've always liked seeing how the preseason and test versions of certain famous race cars progressed. I've also liked building models of these usually one-of-a-kind cars.

So any photos or interesting stories/details about the 1972 and 1973 CamAm 917's would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Edited by Cam2InfoNeeded, 26 September 2009 - 20:54.

Advertisement

#2 buckaluck

buckaluck

• 149 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 23:16

I've always liked seeing how the preseason and test versions of certain famous race cars progressed. I've also liked building models of these usually one-of-a-kind cars.

So any photos or interesting stories/details about the 1972 and 1973 CamAm 917's would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Well I have some photo's from magazines that I collected showing so different front ends and the 73 car had a short and long wheel base version (not sure if they ever ran the long version). I can't upload them but give me your email and I can email them to you.

Buck

#3 Cam2InfoNeeded

Cam2InfoNeeded

• 206 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 01:54

Buck,

THANKS!

My email is

Ebay917K@aol.com

BTW, Is the Ti-22 still around? How many of them were made? It was one of my favorite cars. I'm slowing working my way through all 500+ pages of this thread, and don't recall seeing any of it yet.

doug

#4 buckaluck

buckaluck

• 149 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 21:44

Buck,

THANKS!

My email is

Ebay917K@aol.com

BTW, Is the Ti-22 still around? How many of them were made? It was one of my favorite cars. I'm slowing working my way through all 500+ pages of this thread, and don't recall seeing any of it yet.

doug

There were two chassis' made one got damaged and after removing most of the items they left the tub near the dumbster at the shop and the trash guys hauled it away thinking it was junk. Then the remaining car was wrecked beyond repair so no it's not around unfortunately. Peter Bryant was trying to build another one as he had all the drawings but alas he passed away in March. I'll email the pics in a minute.

Buck