Photo

Need help emailing CKnet Porsche site....

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Cam2InfoNeeded

Cam2InfoNeeded

• 206 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 22:29

I've been trying for 2 weeks (granted, not every day) to sign up for the excellent Porsche site CKNET. I've tried different email names of my own, several different screen names I created, and used both Firefox and Internet Explorer 8, but every single time i get a mailer daemon (unable to deliver) message my email. I just tried again to only receive back this message from my email inbox:

Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.

<forums@cknet.org.uk>:
Remote host said: 550 <forums@cknet.org.uk> No such user here [RCPT_TO]

It sure seems like the site is healthy and running to me, but I never get a confirmation email with whatever I needed to finish my registration process, and when I try to email the site to ask for help, this error message comes back.

sorry to ask this question on this site, but this site is my favorite website now, and it looks like it has looks of intelligent and helpful people from all over the world.

I'm usually not too ham-fisted with technical things, but I just don't know what else to do if I can't even get an email sent to their site admin people.

Thanks.

doug

Edited by Cam2InfoNeeded, 01 October 2009 - 23:33.

Advertisement

#2 macoran

macoran

• 3,989 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 22:40

I've been trying for 2 weeks (granted, not every day) to sign up for the excellent Porsche site CKNET. I've tried different email names of my own, several different screen names I created, and used both Firefox and Inernet Explorer 8, but every sinlge time i get a mailer daemon (unable to deliver) message my email. I just tried again to only receive back this message from my email inbox:

Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.

<forums@cknet.org.uk>:
Remote host said: 550 <forums@cknet.org.uk> No such user here [RCPT_TO]

It sure seems like the site is healthy and running to me, but I never get a confirmation email with whatever I needed to finish my registration process, and when I try to email the site to ask for help, this error message comes back.

sorry to ask this question on this site, but this site is my favorite website now, and it looks like it has looks of intelligent and helpful people from all over the world.

I'm usually not too ham-fisted with technical things, but I just don't know what else to do if I can't even get an email sent to their site admin people.

Thanks.

doug

You didn't use the < and the >: in the e-mail address did you ?

#3 Cam2InfoNeeded

Cam2InfoNeeded

• 206 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 22:40

Nope.

#4 macoran

macoran

• 3,989 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 22:42

Nope.

Mailed them a YooooHooooo anybody there and din't get a bounce-back

#5 Cam2InfoNeeded

Cam2InfoNeeded

• 206 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 22:50

That's strange, but might explain my problems the past 2 weeks (I tried using both AOL and Yahoo). Maybe someone has a way to reach the site's owner, Phil.

Thank for your help, you're quicker than a Lewis Hamilton pit stop.

doug

#6 mfd

mfd

• 2,987 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 23:14

That's strange, but might explain my problems the past 2 weeks (I tried using both AOL and Yahoo). Maybe someone has a way to reach the site's owner, Phil.

I think Phil sometimes posts on here but pm 917 Historian, I'm sure he'll have his e-mail address

#7 Cam2InfoNeeded

Cam2InfoNeeded

• 206 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 23:27

Mike,

I'll give that a try. Thanks!

doug

Edited by Cam2InfoNeeded, 01 October 2009 - 23:34.