Photo

Kubica to Renault

• Please log in to reply
324 replies to this topic

#101 rodlamas

rodlamas

• 8,045 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 12:08

Autosprot confirms Kubica at Renault for 2010.

Advertisement

#102 wingwalker

wingwalker

• 6,326 posts

I don't believe Kubi has any saying in who his teammate is going to be at Renault, why would he?

#103 CaptainJackSparrow

CaptainJackSparrow

• 2,368 posts

Well congrats are in order for Renault and Bob, they both sound pretty confident about being front of the grid next season!

#104 Lukin83

Lukin83

• 753 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 12:09

Just checked official Renault F1 page: no news, but there's a photo of Kubica there.

edit: http://www.renaultf1...sk/communiques/

Edited by Lukin83, 07 October 2009 - 12:10.

#105 alecc

alecc

• 2,191 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 12:11

Doesn't they said last week that they will anounce this week BOTH of they new drivers? I'm really curious now, and hope the second seat will be a good driver too, no pique/grosjaen tier driver...

#106 Francesc

Francesc

• 2,349 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 12:14

Confirmed

#107 CaptainJackSparrow

CaptainJackSparrow

• 2,368 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 12:14

Now on the Renault F1 site as well:

The Renault F1 Team is delighted to announce that Robert Kubica will drive for the team from the 2010 season onwards

The 24-year-old Polish driver is one of the most highly-rated young drivers in Formula One, who has proved his ability as a race-winning driver and whose aggressive and consistent racing style have seen him as a contender for last year’s drivers’ title.

Team Principal, Bob Bell, commented: “We are very excited to have signed Robert with the Renault F1 Team starting next season. Ever since Robert made his Grand Prix debut in 2006, he has been on our radar as one of the most naturally talented drivers of his generation and he has delivered on that promise so it’s great to have secured him in one of our cars next season. Renault has high ambitions and hopes for the future of the team and we feel that Robert can play a big role in fulfilling them.”

Robert Kubica commented: “I am very happy I will be joining Renault in the 2010 season. I feel I have a special connection with this team because in 2005 I won the World Series by Renault. This gave me the chance to test with the team in Barcelona, which led to my debut in Formula One.”

Robert continued: “I share with Renault a strong winning mentality and feel comfortable with their friendly and open attitude. I’m highly motivated and optimistic that together we can be at the front of the grid next year and hopefully fighting for the world title.”

#108 barteks

barteks

• 2,329 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 12:15

Confirmed:

http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/79319

#109 Don_Humpador

Don_Humpador

• 2,223 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 12:16

Good move for Renault, will be interesting to see if it's a good move for Kubica. Hope Renault can bring a more competitive car to the grid next year for his sake.

#110 glorius&victorius

glorius&victorius

• 4,327 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 12:18

I am sure his Prost-like nose and eyes gave him a headstart in the negotiations... the French see a reincarnation of Prost in him

Glad for Renault and Kubica :up:

Edited by glorius&victorius, 07 October 2009 - 12:18.

#111 DePortago

DePortago

• 189 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 12:23

Is somebody aware of Renault´s present situation? It´s a big risk for Bob to go there. If Alonso could not improve the R29 this year, nobody will.

#112 thuGG

thuGG

• 1,528 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 12:26

Is somebody aware of Renault´s present situation? It´s a big risk for Bob to go there. If Alonso could not improve the R29 this year, nobody will.

Thankfully he will be driving R30 next year:)

#113 CaptainJackSparrow

CaptainJackSparrow

• 2,368 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 12:28

Well by all accounts the r30 is well advanced, and from Kubica's tone it seems like he's confident it will be a good car, I mean he picks his words carefully, if he reckons they will be near the front of the grid the I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Anyway, if you read the latest Toyota story I would say they seem a lot more shakey.

Beside Bob Bell and the Renault crew just seem like a great bunch of guys, I think Kubica will fit in well and will flourish in that type of atmosphere, the more cold BMW/Toyota type atmosphere does not gel with him very well.

Renault won the WDC/WCC in 2005 and 2006, so you know, I have a funny feeling that after all the hoopla this year that we will see a resurgence next year.

Edited by CaptainJackSparrow, 07 October 2009 - 12:33.

#114 alecc

alecc

• 2,191 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 12:39

Well by all accounts the r30 is well advanced, and from Kubica's tone it seems like he's confident it will be a good car, I mean he picks his words carefully, if he reckons they will be near the front of the grid the I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Anyway, if you read the latest Toyota story I would say they seem a lot more shakey.

Beside Bob Bell and the Renault crew just seem like a great bunch of guys, I think Kubica will fit in well and will flourish in that type of atmosphere, the more cold BMW/Toyota type atmosphere does not gel with him very well.

Renault won the WDC/WCC in 2005 and 2006, so you know, I have a funny feeling that after all the hoopla this year that we will see a resurgence next year.

Robert said 2008 that the BMW on 2009 can be crap.
Robert said 2009 that the Renault on 2010 can be on the front.

I have such funny feeling too :-)

#115 WebBerK

WebBerK

• 831 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 12:55

Great news !!!
Kubi has so much talent... his profile as a driver reminds me great champions from the past, like Alain Prost.

#116 Jackmancer

Jackmancer

• 2,810 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 12:58

Kubi has so much talent... his profile as a driver reminds me great champions from the past, like Alain Prost.

They look quite alike :rotfl: :rotfl:
Posted Image

#117 Clatter

Clatter

• 27,312 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 13:10

WHo knows, maybe RK's design skills will prove to be better than FA's.

#118 noikeee

noikeee

• 9,578 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 13:18

Same here.

#119 bankoq

bankoq

• 2,078 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 13:18

Great news !!!

Even greatest talents can be suppressed if they get stuck in uncompetetive cars for years. We have plenty of examples from the past.

That's why I hope it's only 1 year deal. I don't expect miracles until they hire some big figure like Zander or Willis.

Advertisement

#120 Jackmancer

Jackmancer

• 2,810 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 13:21

Kubica reminds me more of Damon Hill, someone who isn't a 100% natural talent but achieves a lot by working really hard.

#121 The Ragged Edge

The Ragged Edge

• 4,435 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 13:22

A bad career move. :down:

#122 Clatter

Clatter

• 27,312 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 13:24

The teams previous success was as Benneton 10 years previously, so their next success is due around 2015.

#123 Jackmancer

Jackmancer

• 2,810 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 13:24

A bad career move. :down:

Either Renault or Toyota where the best options left for Kubica really.

#124 Arion

Arion

• 2,353 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 13:29

Alonso left Renault for McLaren despite winning 2 championships with them. And now he is moving to Ferrari, there're reasons why Alonso did not and does not think Renault is a long term prospect.

#125 WebBerK

WebBerK

• 831 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 13:33

I hope Prost is confirmed as the new Renault F1 boss alongside Kubi.

I just imagine the scene.
Kubi racing down in the streets of Singapone, then Prost come in the radio and says.
- Roubert, I'm know it is not the best moment to say this, but I can't refrain myself anymore... Roubert. I'm your father.
Kubi crashes into the "wall of underdogs".

#126 HMV

HMV

• 488 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 13:34

Alonso wants a winning car now and he can get it. What else is there for Kubica? Williams? Toyota? One can't get result even when they have a decent car the other is wobbling. They don't want him (or can't afford him) in Brawn and the rest is chaff.

I don't like it either but it's not like he had much choice.

Kubi racing down in the streets of Singapone, then Prost come in the radio and says.
- Roubert, I'm know it is not the best moment to say this, but I can't refrain myself anymore... Roubert. I'm your father.

:rotfl:

Just add some radio static and we have our personal F1 Star Wars

Edited by HMV, 07 October 2009 - 13:36.

#127 Jackmancer

Jackmancer

• 2,810 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 13:35

lol that rumour makes more sense then most silly season ones :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :up:

#128 WebBerK

WebBerK

• 831 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 13:40

Alonso left Renault for McLaren despite winning 2 championships with them. And now he is moving to Ferrari, there're reasons why Alonso did not and does not think Renault is a long term prospect.

Renault had the Michelin technical advantage, now they don't have it anymore.

Just compare Renault and RedBull.
They share the same engines, but the RBR chassis is much better.
Renault is lost in the aero concept - as were Williams for a long time - while RBR has Newey.
It is unlikelly taht Reanault will catch up in the short term.

This situation forced Alonso to expose himself again going into Ferrari, but now backed by a major exponsor, Santander.
Alonso was beaten by Lewis in a Briton team and now is taking another risk facing Massa in his own territory.

Let's see how good Alonso is.

#129 onegearbroken

onegearbroken

• 37 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 13:40

You know when you think about it...why would Renault be so giving to the FIA during the CRASHGATE saga , paying for their lawyer and investigative expenses and Kubica eager to join, I think that next year Renault are going to be very competitive and thats why they were so eager to clear their names which only makes next year even more better with Ferrari, Mclaren, Brawn, Red Bull, Williams, Renault and perhaps the rest pretty close as well, with top drivers in those teams, next year is gonna be an awesome showdown. Honestly, I don't think Kubiza made a good move with Renault but he has no choice now does he?

#130 papa

papa

• 495 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 13:48

Renault had the Michelin technical advantage, now they don't have it anymore.

Says who???

I would like to see some proof behind this statement...

Does Ferrari have some special relationship with Bridgestone..what do You think?

#131 HMV

HMV

• 488 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 13:49

Do we know who's building next year's car in Renault? I mean, who's the main technician.

#132 WebBerK

WebBerK

• 831 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 13:52

Kubi is emotionally conected to Renault.
Kubi started his open seat career at F-Renault, then Renault World Series.
Kubi knows Bell for a long time.
Kubi has Alonso's recomendation letter.

So I guess he has more confidence going there, despite my suspicious that Toyota financial offer was better.
I still suspect that Robert doesn't have much car development skills.

#133 Clatter

Clatter

• 27,312 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 14:00

You know when you think about it...why would Renault be so giving to the FIA during the CRASHGATE saga , paying for their lawyer and investigative expenses and Kubica eager to join, I think that next year Renault are going to be very competitive and thats why they were so eager to clear their names which only makes next year even more better with Ferrari, Mclaren, Brawn, Red Bull, Williams, Renault and perhaps the rest pretty close as well, with top drivers in those teams, next year is gonna be an awesome showdown. Honestly, I don't think Kubiza made a good move with Renault but he has no choice now does he?

No team can predict how well their car will go. They only find out when it actually hits the track. Every team expects their design will work, but as history shows, expectation does not always coincide with reality.

Edited by Clatter, 07 October 2009 - 14:02.

#134 alecc

alecc

• 2,191 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 14:06

BMW thanks Kubica for his efforts:

http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/79322

#135 Clatter

Clatter

• 27,312 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 14:07

BMW thanks Kubica for his efforts:

http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/79322

Well isn't that nice of them.

#136 evo.x

evo.x

• 180 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 14:12

Kubi is emotionally conected to Renault.
Kubi started his open seat career at F-Renault, then Renault World Series.
Kubi knows Bell for a long time.
Kubi has Alonso's recomendation letter.

So I guess he has more confidence going there, despite my suspicious that Toyota financial offer was better.
I still suspect that Robert doesn't have much car development skills.

well, BMW F1 cars are designed by a fellow called Albert. drivers' input in the corporate world of BWM has an importance close to zero.
the effect is clearly visible.

Edited by evo.x, 07 October 2009 - 14:15.

#137 kong

kong

• 264 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 14:15

Are You sure Renault did not kick him out because of the bad results during the latest years and the "I had no idea" crashgate? :confused:

Edited by kong, 07 October 2009 - 14:16.

#138 alecc

alecc

• 2,191 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 14:16

A 100% NEW SEATER.

The car next season, called R 30, will learn from this season. The engineering department has incorporated the two major regulatory changes in 2010, namely a large tank due to fuel supplies allowed, and the front tires closer. Then, Renault has chosen a very different aerodynamic concept. The R30 is equipped with a nose longer and diving, and a front lot more complex than the R29. Finally, the position of center of gravity of the chassis has been shifted forward to better exploit the tires.

WHEREAS KUBICA Tuesday?

Fernando Alonso's departure, Renault must use the services of a driver to play leading up table. Negotiations with Robert Kubica are very advanced and a formal announcement to be made as early as Tuesday. Place of Romain Grosjean, meanwhile, is not spared. Renault have approached the German Timo Glock and Nick Heidfeld, respectively Toyota and BMW Sauber.

THE RETURN OF THE MARK YELLOW.

To return to "the real values Renault>> The Diamond would use colors directly from its history in Grand Prix. The dress of the R30 would be a wink to the cars of the 1970s, focusing on yellow, black and white. The main sponsor ING will be replaced by a multiplicity of contracts.

ONE LAST UNCERTAINTY.

The question is whether the Renault really wants to stay in Formula 1? A board of directors should decide on this issue next month. If the diamond decided to leave the sport, it would retain its activity and engine to separate from its base chassis in Enstone.
The arrival of new teams to research infrastructure, including Lotus or USF1 could facilitate this transaction.

Source: "The Paris>>

The description of the R30 nose, sounds for me like the one of BGP :)

Edited by alecc, 07 October 2009 - 14:16.

#139 Arion

Arion

• 2,353 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 14:18

Are You sure Renault did not kick him out because of the bad results during the latest years and the "I had no idea" crashgate? :confused:

YES, I AM SURE.

Someone got kicked out from Ferrari though.

Advertisement

#140 HMV

HMV

• 488 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 14:21

Renault have approached the German Timo Glock and Nick Heidfeld, respectively Toyota and BMW Sauber.

I'll laugh it Nick ends up in Renault. Though I guess it wouldn't be the worst choice.

#141 F1_conman

F1_conman

• 505 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 14:24

Anybody knows who's going to be Kubica's RE at Renault?

#142 PAGATRON

PAGATRON

• 390 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 14:25

Alonso was beaten by Lewis in a Briton team and now is taking another risk facing Massa in his own territory.

The last time I checked Massa was Brazilian and Spain was a lot closer to Italy.

#143 WebBerK

WebBerK

• 831 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 14:27

Anybody knows who's going to be Kubica's RE at Renault?

I guess nobody knows. Inherited team from Alonso?
Isn't alonso trying to carry over his gang to Ferrari?

#144 pgj

pgj

• 1,691 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 14:41

Another source here.

#145 HMV

HMV

• 488 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 14:53

I guess nobody knows. Inherited team from Alonso?
Isn't alonso trying to carry over his gang to Ferrari?

Kubica apparently knows as it has been a part of the negotiated package.

Edited by HMV, 07 October 2009 - 15:12.

#146 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

• 8,012 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 14:54

Currenty be much worse than their current one, which was apparently designed around the aerodynamic properties of an anvil.

#147 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 15:05

well, BMW F1 cars are designed by a fellow called Albert. drivers' input in the corporate world of BWM has an importance close to zero.

How do you know that, evo?

#148 stonebutter

stonebutter

• 697 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 15:09

Currenty be much worse than their current one, which was apparently designed around the aerodynamic properties of an anvil.

I assume you got that from the F1 Rejects podcast season preview?? :)

#149 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

• 8,012 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 15:12

I assume you got that from the F1 Rejects podcast season preview?? :)

Nope.

I'm the one who posted it on their forums. They're the ones who got it from me.

#150 CaptainJackSparrow

CaptainJackSparrow

• 2,368 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 15:13

Source: "The Paris>>

And with no doubt a new paintscheme makes me think the r30 will be quite a different beast to the r29 both in substance and appearance. Technically though shouldn't it be called the R210?

I don't know, just got a good feeling about Kubica and Renault in 2010, I had hoped he would end up at McLaren or Ferrari but somehow I think he will be just fine all the same.