Sources for '60s and '70s laptimes

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 anbeck

anbeck

• 2,677 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 08:43

Hi there,

I'm interested in finding out how the laptimes improved over the 60s and 70s, given all the advancement in aerodynamics, mechanics, tyres and many more aspects. I've searched the whole internet, but I couldn't find anything but qualy times and fastest laps. Can you point me to any source that has more details? At least fastest race lap per driver, or even lap charts with times?

Thanks a lot in advance!
a.

Advertisement

#2 maplestone71

maplestone71

• 63 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 23:59

Suggest two sources - the on-line data bible that is Forix and / or copies of Autocourse.

Unfortunately, however, I think this will only give you lap charts with times or equivalent data up to the end of 1971. Where fastest lap per driver is available it will be on Forix.

Jon

Hi there,

I'm interested in finding out how the laptimes improved over the 60s and 70s, given all the advancement in aerodynamics, mechanics, tyres and many more aspects. I've searched the whole internet, but I couldn't find anything but qualy times and fastest laps. Can you point me to any source that has more details? At least fastest race lap per driver, or even lap charts with times?

Thanks a lot in advance!
a.

#3 anbeck

anbeck

• 2,677 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 06:49

Thanks, Jon. Unfortunately the Autocourse reviews have collector's prices, which are a bit out of reach for me.
But thanks for pointing me to Forix once again, I had searched it everywhere and just overlooked the "Fastest Laps" in the GP statistics... (oops). It even gives the lap when each driver set his fastest lap!

Still, if somebody knows of a way to get more info (be it subscriber online resources or old magazines in any language), feel free to post a comment!