Photo

200 up!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Barry Boor

Barry Boor

• 11,549 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 07:58

In order that it not be lost or worse - :D - ignored on the general badge thread, I would like to take this opportunity publicly to announce that the list of TNF badge holders has now surpassed 200.

I took quite a few down to Goodwood and distributed all of them on the Friday.... in fact I have but one left of the latest batch that I had made, so will need to get some more - or will I?

Talking of Goodwood, I rather mis-managed the distribution at the Ferret stand on Friday and am not 100% sure who had badge #196. My memory tells me it was Nick Savage but was it? Nick?

Badge #200 is currently waiting to be posted to BerndRos and this will actually be the 203rd badge issued - not counting those re-issued to people who have lost theirs.

I am still trying to get Don Capps' new badge to him but the U.S. Postal Service seems to insist that the address he lives at does not exist. Curious!

Thank you for your indulgence, ladies and gentlefolk.

Edited by Barry Boor, 08 October 2009 - 07:58.

Advertisement

#2 Giraffe

Giraffe

• 7,316 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 08:16

Well done Barry! The badge was a small step for Lord Boor of Anglesey, but a giant leap for TNF! You are well on the way to a blue plaque for the Millenium Shed! :clap:

#3 Tim Murray

Tim Murray

• 24,605 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 09:28

Congratulations on reaching the double century, Barry. Those of us who were around at the time know what an incredible amount of effort you put in to get the badge scheme off the ground in spite of all sorts of trials and tribulations. TNF still seems to be gaining lots of new members all the time, so I feel sure you'll need to replenish your stocks to cope with the demand.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

#4 garyfrogeye

garyfrogeye

• 627 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 09:33

Congratulations Barry (and thanks).

The last event which I attended where I wore the badge was the Silverstone Classic but my quandry was were the badge should be placed.
Under normal circumstances the left lapel would seem appropriate but what about when one is wearing a bib (photographers type as opposed to the dribbling type). Placing it on the cap just looked silly and pinned anywhere else just wouldn't get noticed. I was thinking of replicating the Towing arrow on my frogeye and sticking that to my chest to indicate the location of the badge but thought that a tad gauche.
The collective advice you experienced TNF badge wearers is needed.

Thanks in advance

Desperate of Camden.

#5 Stephen W

Stephen W

• 15,582 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 09:38

Congratulations Barry (and thanks).

The last event which I attended where I wore the badge was the Silverstone Classic but my quandry was were the badge should be placed.
Under normal circumstances the left lapel would seem appropriate but what about when one is wearing a bib (photographers type as opposed to the dribbling type). Placing it on the cap just looked silly and pinned anywhere else just wouldn't get noticed. I was thinking of replicating the Towing arrow on my frogeye and sticking that to my chest to indicate the location of the badge but thought that a tad gauche.
The collective advice you experienced TNF badge wearers is needed.

Thanks in advance

Desperate of Camden.

Posted Image

I've gone for the 'placing it on the cap' look - that's me on the left!

It isn't ideal but rather there than having to keep moving it from jacket to jacket to fleece etc!

#6 Giraffe

Giraffe

• 7,316 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 10:02

Posted Image
By giraffe138, shot with Canon EOS 20D at 2009-10-08

Like Steven, I find my hat to be the most practical place to display the badge, and it would also look a bit daft worn on the TNF polo shirt. I would however never wear my polo or fleece without displaying badge #81 somewhere on my attire, as a matter of principal. :up:

#7 lil'chris

lil'chris

• 512 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 12:36

Congratulations Barry.

No 79's last outing was to Silverstone on the Friday of the recent 1000 kms where it completed a very slow lap and rested awhile on the now disused tarmac behind the stand at the Becketts complex to imagine Ronnie and the 72 in the snow at the same point some 36 years ago !!

Chris

#8 Stephen W

Stephen W

• 15,582 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 14:36

Congratulations Barry.

No 79's last outing was to Silverstone on the Friday of the recent 1000 kms where it completed a very slow lap and rested awhile on the now disused tarmac behind the stand at the Becketts complex to imagine Ronnie and the 72 in the snow at the same point some 36 years ago !!

Chris

I was down at Stowe that day! :cool:

Back to the magic 200 - may I add my congratulations to Barry B for not only getting the badges off the ground but also maintaining the database of who has what - no easy task in itself!

:clap:

#9 LittleChris

LittleChris

• 3,728 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 22:06

I was down at Stowe that day! :cool:

Badge 79 ( with owner in tow ) reached Stowe on its flying lap just at the end of the somewhat poorly supported (but rather nice sounding ) Formula Le Mans 2nd free practice and lost quite a lot of time between there and Club watching the Radicals, CER and LMS 2nd free practice sessions. Ultimately however 79s lap proved marginally faster than Judy Lyons recent efforts despite having to go around the outside of the stands at various points on the circuit. :p

A very pleasant day with free entry to both the circuit and paddock where 79's diminutive owner nearly got knocked over by N Mansell esq striding purposefully out of a driver briefing on a very strange line, something he replicated in the Ginetta down at Club a few hours later which seemed to involve using most of the grass between Club exit and Abbey.