Photo

Grand Prix Historique Monaco moved!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Tuboscocca

Tuboscocca

• 1,324 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 12:18

I just saw that the GP Historique at Monaco 2010 moved one week in advance.
According to the ACM website it is now:

1 and 2 May 2010 (8/9 May before).

Bernies GP also moved one week, so that's maybe the reason.

regards Michael

Advertisement

#2 Chocmonster

Chocmonster

• 35 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 12:55

I thought you were going to say it was being held at another track!

Is the date of Monaco still related to a religious holiday?

#3 Kpy

Kpy

• 1,259 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 13:20

The ACM site says that the historic GP is to be held on 1st and 9th May (sic) 2010, and that the F1 Grand Prix is to be held a fortnight later on 23rd May.
23rd May is the Sunday following Ascension Day, as Tuboscocca suggests.

#4 Tuboscocca

Tuboscocca

• 1,324 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 14:37

The ACM site says that the historic GP is to be held on 1st and 9th May (sic) 2010, and that the F1 Grand Prix is to be held a fortnight later on 23rd May.
23rd May is the Sunday following Ascension Day, as Tuboscocca suggests.

Just got a mail from the ACM:
Historique is on 1 and 2 May 2010.
Gp (F1) 13-16 May 2010.

I think no relgious reasons involved, only if you see Bernie's GP as a sub-religion.
As far as I know Monaco only adores the Money-God!!

Michael

#5 Kpy

Kpy

• 1,259 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 15:07

Fair enough.

The GP has been held on the Sunday following Ascension Day (the Thursday on which GP practice is usually held), not for religious reasons, but because Ascension Day is a public holiday and the shops are closed - thereby minimising local retailers' losses.

Edited by Kpy, 09 October 2009 - 15:09.

#6 Tuboscocca

Tuboscocca

• 1,324 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 16:08

Fair enough.

The GP has been held on the Sunday following Ascension Day (the Thursday on which GP practice is usually held), not for religious reasons, but because Ascension Day is a public holiday and the shops are closed - thereby minimising local retailers' losses.

Dear Kpy

I tried to make a joke!! When we visited the Monaco GP for the Thursday free practices most shops were opened around the circuit,not to miss the extra business.
But earnest. I think the changed GP Formula 1 calendar is the reason for the shifting.

Anyway next year they will have 8 races (new F3 races included).

Best regards Michael

#7 Ross Stonefeld

Ross Stonefeld

• 70,106 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 16:27

I was under the impression Monaco Historique is the week before the F1, to make maximum efficiency of having the circuit setup. Why have it two weeks apart?

#8 David Force

David Force

• 287 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 18:42

We were told a couple of years back that the reason was because Mr E's lot couldn't get all the essential infrastructure in place. Things like the Red Bull Energy Station etc.

The Historic entrants were always a bit miffed that after their race they were directed not into the paddock on the quay but up the hill into the car park. And then pretty much given their marching orders so no opportunity for post race activity unless you were invited to the splendid Gala Ball.

:cool:

#9 Tuboscocca

Tuboscocca

• 1,324 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 16:19

We were told a couple of years back that the reason was because Mr E's lot couldn't get all the essential infrastructure in place. Things like the Red Bull Energy Station etc.

The Historic entrants were always a bit miffed that after their race they were directed not into the paddock on the quay but up the hill into the car park. And then pretty much given their marching orders so no opportunity for post race activity unless you were invited to the splendid Gala Ball.

:cool:

Still no end!! see http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/79429 (Monaco GP date....) of today

Until the GP is not fixed ,nothing is certain!!

Michael

#10 Barry Boor

Barry Boor

• 11,549 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 16:38

It appears that the F.1 team are responsible for the change. They complain that 1 week between Monaco and Turkey is insufficient so Monaco is expected to be run a week earlier.

#11 Andrew Kitson

Andrew Kitson

• 2,535 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 16:57

It appears that the F.1 team are responsible for the change. They complain that 1 week between Monaco and Turkey is insufficient so Monaco is expected to be run a week earlier.

That's because everything, all the trucks, the dis-assembled motorhomes, palaces, energy stations,etc etc have to go to Istanbul by ship from Trieste. Apparantly cheaper and faster than going all the way across by road.

#12 Ross Stonefeld

Ross Stonefeld

• 70,106 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 17:11

Much faster than by road, and the teams also need time to get their stuff back and packed on the planes for Montreal.