Photo

Toschi diecast Ferrari F2 - 1952/1953

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rosso rocket

rosso rocket

• 2 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 09:11

Can anyone help me regarding the histoory of these die-cast models which were produced to commemorate Albert Ascaris success with Ferrari' F2 500?

I have aquired such a piece of motoring memorabilia but need to establish more about the provenance of what I have, is it actually genuine or a copy made after the eventby the Toschi factory or similar.

Who would be best to contact regarding this?

Thank you all in advance for your help.

Peter

Advertisement

#2 D-Type

D-Type

• 9,705 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 09:48

Welcome to the forum.
A lot of topics have been discussed previously and the "SEARCH" facility although clunky does work. Searching for "Toschi" turns up two threads:
This thread related specifically to the Toschi Ferrari and This other thread which relates to an Alfa Romeo model but makes sidelong references to the Toschi Ferrari. Between them they should answer a lot of your questions.

Edited by D-Type, 14 October 2009 - 09:51.

#3 Arjan de Roos

Arjan de Roos

• 2,583 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 10:55

Welcome to the forum.
A lot of topics have been discussed previously and the "SEARCH" facility although clunky does work. Searching for "Toschi" turns up two threads:
This thread related specifically to the Toschi Ferrari and This other thread which relates to an Alfa Romeo model but makes sidelong references to the Toschi Ferrari. Between them they should answer a lot of your questions.

When in Italy I discussed this model with some of my (professional) model car friends. They stated that not all Toschi (MLB) 500 models are genuine. Copies have been made recently. Price for a genuine one would be $1k+ depending on state and bottle included or not.
The Polistil T2 is cheaper and sometimes sells for around 300 bucks on the Bay.
Maybe Mr. Fornetti of Shopping Formula can help. Or Jacques Vaucher of L'art et l'automobile in Texas.

#4 rosso rocket

rosso rocket

• 2 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 08:47

Thank you all for your kind help.

I will now make some more enquiries with the information that you have supplied.