Photo

Kobayashi Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2248 replies to this topic

#551 Massa

Massa

• 4,260 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 10:01

Only if he qualified better. On full tanks he wouldn't have enjoyed the advantage the new softs gave him at the end on low fuel when everyone else was on old hards.

But at start, he hasn't got any advantage, hard tyre with full tank, while other had soft tyre. And Koba was still faster than driver who race with soft tyre..

Advertisement

#552 muramasa

muramasa

• 2,974 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 10:02

No - Sakon gets his money from Sanho Human Services, a company involved in the Japanese Amusement industry.

Ah, company that makes disgusting and pathetic pachinko machine.

Not sure that's true tho, coz I havent read any articles or press releases etc. Also no logo on the car. But iirc no logo could be seen on Spyker as well tho when he drove for them.

#553 dau

dau

• 4,569 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 10:23

No - Sakon gets his money from Sanho Human Services, a company involved in the Japanese Amusement industry.

That is one of his personal sponsors, but i thought his mother is pretty rich - owns some beauty parlors or sth like that - at least that is what our commentators mentioned a few times. He must have very good connections, otherwise no one in their right mind would fund him two GP2 seasons and pretty much four years in F1 (though mostly as test driver).

muramasa: Sanho Human Services and some company called Zoff are listed as personal sponsors on his website.

Edited by dau, 13 October 2010 - 10:24.

#554 FigJam

FigJam

• 2,034 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 11:08

Love the way this bloke goes about his racing. Likes to live on the ragged edge. :up:

Would be a great fit for Renault next year alongside Kubica. Real racer.

#555 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 6,499 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 13:26

Ah, company that makes disgusting and pathetic pachinko machine.

Not sure that's true tho, coz I havent read any articles or press releases etc. Also no logo on the car. But iirc no logo could be seen on Spyker as well tho when he drove for them.

It's in F1 Racing magazine, who featured an article on Sakon this month. They pay the 500'000 Euros per race Sakon needs to drive for Hispania.

#556 One

One

• 6,527 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 13:51

Love the way this bloke goes about his racing. Likes to live on the ragged edge. :up:

Would be a great fit for Renault next year alongside Kubica. Real racer.

That will be Kobayashi not Sakon...? :rolleyes:

#557 SoL

SoL

• 111 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 14:42

I don't think it's that easy, there are obviously not many Japanese companies interested in F1, especially in the current economic climate. But if Kobayashi manages to raise interest for F1 in Japan, then maybe we'll see more of those smaller companies like Scalp-D on the car next year. Maybe even some larger, internationally operating ones.

Does he still have ties with Toyota? Maybe even they could place some sponsorship through one of their sub-companies. 

I believe he does, and got help to get the Sauber seat. I stand to be corrected though.

#558 midgrid

midgrid

• 4,622 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 15:03

Does he still have ties with Toyota? Maybe even they could place some sponsorship through one of their sub-companies. 

Ding! :)

#559 dau

dau

• 4,569 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 15:23

Ding! :)

That would be great. I was thinking of someone like Denso or KDDI, but Panasonic would be a jackpot.

Advertisement

#560 muramasa

muramasa

• 2,974 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 15:38

muramasa: Sanho Human Services and some company called Zoff are listed as personal sponsors on his website.

Ah i've heard Zoff is backing Sakon before. That's a company that sells glasses.

It's in F1 Racing magazine, who featured an article on Sakon this month. They pay the 500'000 Euros per race Sakon needs to drive for Hispania.

Thanks.

I wonder what they are getting in return. Havent checked HRT car in detail, but cant find any logos.

Some company throw away big money anonymously for a hopeless driver, while only cheater shampoo company that is Sxxxx-D for Kamui, and bad economic situation in Japan. What the hell is going on.

#561 alecc

alecc

• 2,191 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 13:15

Kubica after the Suzuka GP:
(my translation)

„What Kamui made with his car was great. Because I watched this race on TV, he saved my day”

:lol: :up:

#562 klyster

klyster

• 4,266 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 19:06

Love the commentary :up:

#563 MikeTekRacing

MikeTekRacing

• 5,717 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 20:01

those outbrakings look absolutely incredible...and not only when he was on new rubber....he's attacking from so far behind, it's like watching zanardi in some cart races coming through the field

#564 One

One

• 6,527 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 20:18

I completely agree. :up:

#565 billm99uk

billm99uk

• 2,844 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 20:41

Love the commentary :up:

:clap:

Don't remember seeing the Barrichello one on the BBC though. Did we miss that for some reason?

#566 sosidge

sosidge

• 1,631 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 21:20

:clap:

Don't remember seeing the Barrichello one on the BBC though. Did we miss that for some reason?

The pictures come from a central feed. The pass was missed "live" by the Japanese director. I don't remember if it was one of those times he watched Sakon or Koba for a couple of laps non-stop (Koba was always worth watching though).

#567 Sausage

Sausage

• 1,795 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 21:38

Nice video yes. I have to say though some of his moves can be easilly classified as total divebombs. These aren't illegal but it's a looked down on maneuvre in racing for the reason that things often end in tears. He really nailed them here though, so props to him.

#568 Empy

Empy

• 118 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 13:32

It seems nobody wrote about this rare video.

Kamui Kobayashi(12) vs Aguri Suzuki

#569 MikeTekRacing

MikeTekRacing

• 5,717 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 13:54

Nice video yes. I have to say though some of his moves can be easilly classified as total divebombs. These aren't illegal but it's a looked down on maneuvre in racing for the reason that things often end in tears. He really nailed them here though, so props to him.

Jaime is really stupid, you can't do what he tried to do..
he should get some sort of warning at least, that was not racing, he hit koba 2 times there

#570 mkoscevic

mkoscevic

• 626 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 19:03

Well, the name is 小林可夢偉 VS 鈴木亜久里 ③, what do you expect? :lol:

Really, really awesome video, thanks a lot!

Jaime is really stupid, you can't do what he tried to do..
he should get some sort of warning at least, that was not racing, he hit koba 2 times there

We can, of course, understand that Jaime was furious after pretty poor maneuver done by Kamui previously, but he really shouldn't allow himself to do such things.

#571 MikeTekRacing

MikeTekRacing

• 5,717 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 02:17

koba went on the inside in a gap jaime left.
yes it was pretty poor, but the gap was there, they banged when they were alread wheel to wheel

what jaime did is completely stupid. he had plenty of space on the inside but just went wide and hit the sauber twice...
ok, the first one is understeer, but what is the second one??
we've seen drivers get penalties for a lot less than that. petrov got a 5 place penalty for a 50cm error in god damn start in half a second reaction time...

#572 marcoferrari

marcoferrari

• 2,004 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 14:12

koba went on the inside in a gap jaime left.
yes it was pretty poor, but the gap was there, they banged when they were alread wheel to wheel

what jaime did is completely stupid. he had plenty of space on the inside but just went wide and hit the sauber twice...
we've seen drivers get penalties for a lot less than that. petrov got a 5 place penalty for a 50cm error in god damn start in half a second reaction time...

The first Kobayashi manouevre on Alguersuari wasn t also very clean...

#573 muramasa

muramasa

• 2,974 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 14:32

The first Kobayashi manouevre on Alguersuari wasn t also very clean...

Does this debate have to keep going round and round like mantra?

KK said the first one on JA was wild/dangerous, and he slid the rear. That was risky and bit clumsy move, no one would disagree with that. Still, he didnt lock tyres, just slid as he turned the car in. It wast intentional. It was wild but fair battle. On the other hand Jaime's move second time was intentional and totally unnecessary. Yet that doesnt tarnish Jaime, he just shouldnt repeat that's it.

The other ones (Sutil, Alg and Rubens), KK was totally in control. He didnt go wide or lock tyres at all when braking.

#574 undersquare

undersquare

• 18,929 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 18:31

Yep, and he did the same thing to Nico at Silverstone. A penalty would have been a good bit of education for him.

#575 Anssi

Anssi

• 1,899 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 19:33

I hope Kamui will finish on the podium in the Australian Grand Prix this weekend.

A win would be best of course, but that's a bit too much of a dream... with some luck he could be on the podium. It would be very appropriate now to achieve this :up:

#576 e63

e63

• 43 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 06:49

Impressive performance in q2

#577 911

• 2,205 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 07:52

Kobe continues to impress. His performance is starting to stabilize, so I think this could be the year he really makes a name for himself. Go KK!

#578 BCM

BCM

• 256 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 09:02

Really enjoying Kamui's performances.

I'm hoping that with the change in the regs this year his attacking style of driving reaps him some dividends. Probably my favourite driver on the grid at the moment.

#579 klyster

klyster

• 4,266 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 03:22

All the best Kamui-san for the race tonight ;)

Advertisement

#580 Anssi

Anssi

• 1,899 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 08:50

Well done, Kamui. The car seems to be reasonably good and I look forward seeing you in your brand new Lederhosen celebrating a finish on the podium at the next race.

#581 Disgrace

Disgrace
  • RC Forum Host

• 9,582 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 09:18

Great race by Kamui but I bet he's annoyed to still have been beaten by an even better Perez.

#582 ensign14

ensign14

• 36,884 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 18:41

Perspective on de la Rosa, perhaps...

#583 DracoN

DracoN

• 901 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 19:03

Well done, Kamui. The car seems to be reasonably good and I look forward seeing you in your brand new Lederhosen celebrating a finish on the podium at the next race.

suprised i think.
Even James Key dont undertsand how Perez did that. We know Kobayashi can keep hes tyres, maybe Kobayashi need more time with Pirellis.

#584 glorius&victorius

glorius&victorius

• 4,327 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 20:00

very funny video: a super shy kid who beats aguri.
btw there are 3 parts of this tv programme... in part 1 and 2 he (i think) mentions ayrton senna... (i would think as his hero)

#585 911

• 2,205 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 21:09

Great race by Kamui but I bet he's annoyed to still have been beaten by an even better Perez.

Perez was very impressive and I'm sure Kamui may have been a little concerned. IMO, given that Kamui had an extra pit stop and finished around 12 seconds behind Perez, his performance yesterday was still pretty strong.

Peter Sauber must have felt like he won the lottery with the performances of his two young drivers this weekend. I would be great to see them make the occasional podium this year.

#586 Anssi

Anssi

• 1,899 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 19:32

Do we know who decided the strategy for Kamui? Do we know that he actually needed the second pit stop? Somebody tell... did he have too worn tyres. I didn't see any mention about this anywhere. It was certainly a great performance by Perez but if we compare to Kamui then we must know this before coming to a conclusion.

#587 DracoN

DracoN

• 901 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 20:21

F1 live timing didint work :(

#588 midgrid

midgrid

• 4,622 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 20:57

Do we know who decided the strategy for Kamui? Do we know that he actually needed the second pit stop? Somebody tell... did he have too worn tyres. I didn't see any mention about this anywhere. It was certainly a great performance by Perez but if we compare to Kamui then we must know this before coming to a conclusion.

His first two stints were on the soft tyres, so he had to make a second stop to switch onto the hards, even if his tyre wear had been fine.

#589 Anssi

Anssi

• 1,899 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 21:02

Aha, okay... it may actually be a strategy error in comparison to Perez. But we still don't know...

...the thing is, we need to see more Grands Prix completed. It's fun to compare but this amount of data is clearly not enough. I wish both Kamui and Sergio a good time in F1 with Sauber. I wish Kamui becomes the first Japanese F1 World Champion! Surely there must be at least one kid born in Japan who can do it, why not Kamui.

#590 Totza

Totza

• 453 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 21:51

I'm a Mclaren fan, but Kobayashi is definitely my second favourite driver, he is just completely nuts haha, here's hoping for another season filled with great overtakes !

#591 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 19:20

great race by kobayashi again, that guy impress me more and more.
i would like to see him in a top team, i am not sure if he's got the speed for becoming WDC, but he's got the heart :up:

#592 Luca Pacchiarini

Luca Pacchiarini

• 408 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 19:23

I'm not sure he has the ability to be a future WDC as you say, but I'd be ready to bet he wins a race one day.
And that alone would be a success.

#593 Anssi

Anssi

• 1,899 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 19:25

Congratulations, Kamui. I have a target for you - finish every remaining race in the points this season. I hope for a podium finish but this is very unrealistic so let's set a lower target.

#594 pingu666

pingu666

• 8,637 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 19:27

did enjoy seeing him race today :), even the commentators have caught on slightly to how he races now :o
would love to see him race in nascar/sportscars if he could squeeze that in :)

#595 Luca Pacchiarini

Luca Pacchiarini

• 408 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 19:30

did he made overtakings? couldn't watch the race

#596 911

• 2,205 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 19:35

Another good drive by Kamui.

Question: With Lewis' penalty, is Kamui classified as 7th or 8th? Autosport shows 8th, but the results on the FIA website show 7th.

Edited by 911, 10 April 2011 - 19:36.

#597 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 19:36

yes he did, there was a big battle with webber, too, they were several times changing the position, great to watch.

#598 Fortymark

Fortymark

• 5,755 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 19:37

I think he overtoke Schumacher 3 times in the race.

#599 DracoN

DracoN

• 901 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 19:42

Another good drive by Kamui.

Question: With Lewis' penalty, is Kamui classified as 7th or 8th? Autosport shows 8th, but the results on the FIA website show 7th.

Who is KK Manager ?

Advertisement

#600 barnardferrari

barnardferrari

• 223 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 19:55

Who is KK Manager ?

Yoshinori Arimatsu