- David Purley trying to save Roger Williamson at Zandvoort, 1973.
- Mike Hailwood saving Clay Regazzoni at Kyalami, 1973.
- James Winslow saving Moreno Soeprapto, F3 at Sentul.
- Shinichi Yamaji saving Tetsuya Ota at the Fuji round of the JGTC championship in 1998.
- Arturo Merzario, Harald Ertl, Brett Lunger and Guy Edwards saving Niki Lauda at the Nurburgring, 1976.
- Tiny Lund saving Marvin Panch 10 days before the 1963 Daytona 500.
I also vaguely recall reading about Arturo Merzario pulling Ignazio Giunti from his car after the Beltoise incident. Naturally, all of these are available for viewing on Youtube if you haven't seen one of them before. I just wanted to start this thread to discuss similar actions of bravery and the like. It doesn't have to be a driver's bravery, it could be a spectator or marshall or team official, it could be during a race or practice or anything.
Just a thread for us to discuss and maybe learn something new. Undoubtedly I expect there's a hundred more instances and stories throughout the years, stories of bravery of a different kind, so if you have any stories to tell don't be shy.