Forix has been taken down by hackers

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 david_martin

david_martin

• 1,989 posts

Posted 03 November 2000 - 06:23

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I just went over to http://www.forix.com and it has been taken down by hackers who have put up their own page in its place.

These intellectual giants have left there own message on the page, and I quote:

Joo can call me lamer but I only defaced this site cuz I was bored...

Normally I am a fairly peaceful person, but if there are any volunteers to join the lynching party I am putting together, meet me in the town square at high Noon. Bring your own rope.

Advertisement

#2 Marcel Schot

Marcel Schot

• 5,459 posts

Posted 03 November 2000 - 07:37

Seems to be fine now.

I haven't seen it hacked, but it's very lame indeed. João is working very hard for the entire F1 community and does not deserve to have his site molested :(

#3 Marcel Schot

Marcel Schot

• 5,459 posts

Posted 03 November 2000 - 07:53

Not fine actually, it loaded from cache the first time. I've mailed João about it.

For the time being, the site is actually still there, just go past the intro screen : http://www.forix.com...sp?lang=english

#4 Joe Fan

Joe Fan

• 5,591 posts

Posted 03 November 2000 - 08:36

What a bunch of stupid arse punks to do something like this.

#5 david_martin

david_martin

• 1,989 posts

Posted 05 November 2000 - 10:50

Well clearly the story is getting around amongst the script kiddy community about Forix being hacked, because it has been hacked again, by different people:

Hacked by UnsecurityBR - Foda-se Os Porcos Fardados

This time they appear to have taken out the database as well, so any bookmarks in the site also don't work.

Could somebody whom has João's contact details possibly let him know - and perhaps suggest that he gets the holes that are letting these idiots in closed?

This is getting really annoying :mad:

#6 Marcel Schot

Marcel Schot

• 5,459 posts

Posted 05 November 2000 - 11:00

Already contacted João again. I've been discussing security with him for a few weeks now and I must say that from an regular person's view, the protection was actually good. But then these vandals come around :(