Photo

CP Autoweek

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 oldtransamdriver

oldtransamdriver

• 228 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 04:18

Anyone out there wanting to sell any of those issues, or at least make copies of those races. I have some of them but not all. (Have about 500 issues from 68 - 77) Might also consider trades.

Robert Barg

Advertisement

#2 fbarrett

fbarrett

• 1,170 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 04:35

Robert:

Have been trying to put together a full set of AutoWeek for 30 years, but it still lacks a lot of early issues. I subscribed in the mid-1960s but tossed most issues then, which I now regret. Have been able to fill in some 1960s issues, but this is one of the toughest publications to find because it was printed on garbage paper and almost everyone tossed them. Even when AutoWeek celebrated its 50th anniversary a year or so ago, they didn't have all the back issues and thus had to appeal to readers to supply copies. Years ago, someone advertised a near-complete set for sale, but Pete Lyons beat me to it. Can't think of anyone I'd rather have lost out to.

If you have anything specific in mind, I might be able to look through my issues, but that takes hours of work. I have only a few duplicate issues, and I know of nobody who has a complete set, though you might check with the folks at the Watkins Glen Racing Research Center or the Detroit Public Library(a long shot). I suggested to Dutch Mandel that they put the back issues onto CDs, but he declined because their lawyers felt they lacked permission from the original contributors to do so.

Frank