Photo

GT Legends Error! Any help would be great!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Neuz

Neuz

• 159 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 01:59

I have just purchased GT Legends and am very excited about playing.
I have installed all 3 disks and rebooted like it said. I put disk 1 back in and when I click on the shortcut on my desktop it shows that it is checking disk. That screen goes away it sits for about 15 seconds and then I get a microsoft error about encountering an error do I want to send a report. Going under the details it says the error is caused by gtl.exe.
Funny thing is I got it to work on my Vista machine after installing an update but I can't use that machine as I can't hook up my steering wheel to it.
I am running XP Pro Service pack 3
My system is a Gateway P4 2.6GHz 1gb of RAM
Any help would be greatly appriciated.
Thanks
Rob

Advertisement

#2 simpson

simpson

• 163 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 19:07

I have just purchased GT Legends and am very excited about playing.
I have installed all 3 disks and rebooted like it said. I put disk 1 back in and when I click on the shortcut on my desktop it shows that it is checking disk. That screen goes away it sits for about 15 seconds and then I get a microsoft error about encountering an error do I want to send a report. Going under the details it says the error is caused by gtl.exe.
Funny thing is I got it to work on my Vista machine after installing an update but I can't use that machine as I can't hook up my steering wheel to it.
I am running XP Pro Service pack 3
My system is a Gateway P4 2.6GHz 1gb of RAM
Any help would be greatly appriciated.
Thanks
Rob

What are you other specs? What graphics card and how much RAM do you have? I'd guess that the graphics card would be the most likely culprit - either not powerful enough or if it's on-board, you'll have trouble. You'd think that you could get tot he menus though.

Isn't there a graphics configuration EXE that you need to run first?

#3 Neuz

Neuz

• 159 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 20:58

Thanks for the reply.
My graphics card is a ATI Radeon 7000 64MB.
My computer has 1GB of RAM
I can't figure out where to go to get to the menu. Hope that helps. Not sure about graphics configuration exe though.

I was thinking the limit on the box says that your graphics card minimum is 64mb(I'm at work so I don't have the box)

Thanks for you help.
Rob

#4 MaxScelerate

MaxScelerate

• 4,933 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 23:57

I can't figure out where to go to get to the menu. Hope that helps. Not sure about graphics configuration exe though.
Rob

Try it, maybe that'll help : 'Start menu' -> 'all programs' -> '10tacle Studio' -> 'GTL' -> 'Configure GTLegends'

Might be worth a try setting it at a lower resolution and if it works, trying better and better until it doesn't work anymore. Then you know the limit. (If the problem is graphical, that is).

Good luck :)

#5 Neuz

Neuz

• 159 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 04:15

Well, I went into the "configure gt legends" and changed the resolution to just about all the options. Nothing. Even installed directx9 and still didn't help. I am going to uninstall and then reinstall and see if that might make a difference.
If you have any other suggestions that would be great.
Thanks,
Rob

#6 Neuz

Neuz

• 159 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 21:29

Uninstalled and reinstalled but still same issue.

#7 MaxScelerate

MaxScelerate

• 4,933 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 22:59

Okay...

Try to patch it, see if it helps.

The patch is 1.1, but since 10tacles is no more, you'll have to fish it from some sim-enthusiast site...

like for example http://www.simracing...-legends-patch/