Photo

Paddock shot

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 brentz250

brentz250

• 27 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 16:54

First post but have been hooked on the site since someone told me about it, he is gutted that he has not had a picture of him on it yet (brendan doyle)

Just bought one of those negative copiers and this is the first attempt.

Posted Image

The only thing i know is where it is.

Lastly have any of you got any pics of Frank Duffy

Thanks

brendan

Advertisement

#2 picblanc

picblanc

• 12,531 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 17:04

Nice start, Kevin Fawsitts bikes? Welcome to the forum proper. :up:

#3 picblanc

picblanc

• 12,531 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 17:09

I have something similar!
Posted Image
Photo Copyrighted to Graham Etheridge, racebikepics.

#4 kerrowmoar

kerrowmoar

• 560 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 17:13

Forum etiquette prevents me from using bad language so i"ll just have to get my revenge by posting those shots i have of you on your fizzy before you got two points for speeding even though it would only do 30mph flat out.Or maybe mention the time you were calling up on your fzr600 on your way to the dealers to sell it and crashed it on the way.......what a mug :rotfl: :rotfl:

Enjoy the site Bren :wave:

#5 brentz250

brentz250

• 27 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 17:31

Forum etiquette prevents me from using bad language so i"ll just have to get my revenge by posting those shots i have of you on your fizzy before you got two points for speeding even though it would only do 30mph flat out.Or maybe mention the time you were calling up on your fzr600 on your way to the dealers to sell it and crashed it on the way.......what a mug :rotfl: :rotfl:

Enjoy the site Bren :wave:

Doyle

Did n't know you could use a computer.

I think you will find i have more on you than you on me, especially all your calls asking me to check if there were any pics of you posted up.

And as you know my fizzy was much faster than yours.

PB think your shot is much better, any idea what year mine was as it will help me with the rest of my negatives.

#6 kerrowmoar

kerrowmoar

• 560 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 17:38

Doyle

I think you will find i have more on you than you on me, especially all your calls asking me to check if there were any pics of you posted up.

PB think your shot is much better, any idea what year mine was as it will help me with the rest of my negatives.

:wave: :) :) :rotfl:

#7 fil2.8

fil2.8

• 19,496 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 17:42

Doyle

Welcome to the site :wave: thats what I like , a good debate :lol: :lol: , must be powder puffs at 20 paces methinks :eek: :eek:

#8 picblanc

picblanc

• 12,531 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 17:52

Doyle

#9 brentz250

brentz250

• 27 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 18:06

Thanks for the welcome messages - especially yours doley

Thanks for that, will get some more done and upload them tomorrow.

So now i no it was Brands in 1982 and who's bikes they were

brendan

#10 sterling49

sterling49

• 10,917 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 23:21

Welcome to the site :wave: thats what I like , a good debate :lol: :lol: , must be powder puffs at 20 paces methinks :eek: :eek:

Brilliant! I like a good bit of needle, you two must have been fun to watch on the track, go for it guys :up: :wave:

#11 Coupe Kawasaki

Coupe Kawasaki

• 1,501 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 01:45

Doyle

Well my fizzy was faster than either because it was a Kawasaki GA2A and was a dark horse. No-one knew what it was so the Puch M50, Fantics, Guilietta Greyounds and the other mopeds were despatched with alarming ease after I waited outside the local school to race anyone for a laugh. :rotfl: I didn't have to pedal mine either :rotfl: I wonder where XDU 9J is now?

David

#12 Coupe Kawasaki

Coupe Kawasaki

• 1,501 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 01:48

Thanks for the welcome messages - especially yours doley

Thanks for that, will get some more done and upload them tomorrow.

So now i no it was Brands in 1982 and who's bikes they were

brendan

Oh and Hi Brendan :wave: :rotfl: Fizzer wars in flares and platforms? :rotfl: With the odd poor sod on a Bantam :clap:

David

#13 brentz250

brentz250

• 27 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 11:55

Oh and Hi Brendan :wave: :rotfl: Fizzer wars in flares and platforms? :rotfl: With the odd poor sod on a Bantam :clap:

David

Thanks David and Sterling

Fortunatley i am a good four or five years younger than doyley, unfortunatley i was never half as good as him.

As for the fizzy thing there is actually a fizzy day at the Ace Cafe next Sunday, there expecting about 100 of them.

David there is a website you can use to try and track down your old bike, but it is down at the moment, i ll send you some detials when it is back up.

Bren

#14 exclubracer

exclubracer

• 1,720 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 12:31

Welcome from me also Brendan :wave:

#15 MickJones

MickJones

• 160 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 17:16

Wow i knew Kevin Fawsitt well, the racing shop was a fave hangout in my TZ days and was owned by Kev's brother, Mick i believe(memory). I used to pop down for some spares and spent the day there having a great laugh, happy memories.
P.S. clubhouse bars at the end of a meeting were hilarious with those two.

Edited by MickJones, 10 December 2009 - 17:19.

#16 Ray Oldam

Ray Oldam

• 168 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 19:08

Mick,

Hi, and welcome aboard! Well, Kevin Fawsitt - there's a name from the past. Kevin was the guy with the Simpson helmet wasn't he? My brother Dennis had some dices with him back in 80's, and the name comes up in his racing log, which I still have out in our garage some other stuff of Dennis's. I've got nice photo of the two of them scrapping it out at Brands - only problem is it's too big to scan properly. If I can figure out a way of doing it I'll put it on here. Great days indeed!

All the best

Ray :wave:

Edited by Ray Oldam, 10 December 2009 - 19:12.

#17 picblanc

picblanc

• 12,531 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 19:19

Wow i knew Kevin Fawsitt well, the racing shop was a fave hangout in my TZ days and was owned by Kev's brother, Mick i believe(memory). I used to pop down for some spares and spent the day there having a great laugh, happy memories.
P.S. clubhouse bars at the end of a meeting were hilarious with those two.

I think it was Steve Fawsitt? Mick.

#18 Snetterton-b17

Snetterton-b17

• 748 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 19:43

Mick,

Hi, and welcome aboard! Well, Kevin Fawsitt - there's a name from the past. Kevin was the guy with the Simpson helmet wasn't he? My brother Dennis had some dices with him back in 80's, and the name comes up in his racing log, which I still have out in our garage some other stuff of Dennis's. I've got nice photo of the two of them scrapping it out at Brands - only problem is it's too big to scan properly. If I can figure out a way of doing it I'll put it on here. Great days indeed!

All the best

Ray :wave:

Hi Ray yes Kevin did wear a Simpson lid,I had a photo of him on a TZ350 wearing the simpson helmet,But i lost all my Photos and some fantastic memories.But while i still some marbles them memories are given a nudge thanks to Graham's,Gary's and all you other forum members out there !!! :up:

#19 Macca

Macca

• 3,726 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 20:23

Posted Image

Donington IIRC, can't remember when tho'......

Paul M