Robert Kubica thread.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2900 replies to this topic

#151 magisenna

magisenna

• 100 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 21:49

You are so kind :kiss:

That wasn't meant disrespectfully. We don't have enough evidence to suggest that Robert is tier 1 yet thats all. He could easily get into that bracket with a break i.e a big team contract or if Renault can improve their pace and really give him a platform. No-one would have put Schumacher into the top bracket in his early days
( Mansell, prost and Senna ) until the Benneton was quick enough to win races or at least fight for podiums every race and he was therefore able to prove himself completely.

Until people are under the spotlight and are expected to win races and fight at the front every week they cannot be put at the absolute head of the class - in my opinion a least.

Edited by magisenna, 28 March 2010 - 21:59.

Advertisement

#152 raiseyourfistfor

raiseyourfistfor

• 2,177 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 03:21

Bob is fundamentally a really solid driver. No doubt ferrari will definitely give his manager a call for 2011.

IIRC they are good friends with Alonso anyway

#153 stonebutter

stonebutter

• 695 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 12:04

I'd love for that to happen but in all honestly I don't really see that happening - why would ferrari get rid of massa? He is fast, probably not as fast as alonso so a perfect #2.

#154 barteks

barteks

• 2,329 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 12:07

http://www.renaultf1...was-pretty.html

#155 metz

metz

• 9,692 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 14:37

I'd love for that to happen but in all honestly I don't really see that happening - why would ferrari get rid of massa? He is fast, probably not as fast as alonso so a perfect #2.

I counted 5 errors for Massa this weekend. None for Robert. That's why.
The BBC guys said that he was going to Ferrari next year.
First time I have heard them say this.

#156 bankoq

bankoq

• 2,078 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 14:46

That's just Robert Kubica. Incredible in braking, most cool headed on the grid and tremendously fast. It's unbelievable he hasn't got winning car for a single race in 3.5 years in Formula 1. UNBELIEVABLE!

Edited by bankoq, 29 March 2010 - 14:48.

#157 Gbain

Gbain

• 195 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 14:50

Could you please stop this Kubica going to Ferrari talk?
Season only just began and you already make 2011 grid. If Ferrari wanted Kubica they would take him a month ago. If they were seriously consider to take him on, than they would probably learn how to pronounce his name properly. And why should Kubica wan’t to go to Ferrari? He seems happy at Renault right now. I guess if Renault stays in F1 and would work the way they do now Kubica is there to stay, for a long time. He is No. 1 in Renault. Why do you think Massa or Webber are finished? After two races? Why should Kubica want to be No. 2 at Ferrari or Red Bull? And forget about Mercedes, they have Nick to replace MS.

#158 metz

metz

• 9,692 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 14:58

If the BBC is openly discussing this during the live race telecast (to my surprise), this must be (at least) a strong possibility.

#159 Lord_Shaitan

Lord_Shaitan

• 850 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 15:08

Season only just began and you already make 2011 grid. If Ferrari wanted Kubica they would take him a month ago. If they were seriously consider to take him on, than they would probably learn how to pronounce his name properly. And why should Kubica wan’t to go to Ferrari? He seems happy at Renault right now. I guess if Renault stays in F1 and would work the way they do now Kubica is there to stay, for a long time. He is No. 1 in Renault. Why do you think Massa or Webber are finished? After two races? Why should Kubica want to be No. 2 at Ferrari or Red Bull? And forget about Mercedes, they have Nick to replace MS.

It was just impossibile that Kubica could be more than 3rd driver in Ferrari in 2010 season. Anyway, I think Renault is right place for Robert, the only missing thing is a competitive car but till the end of this season he can get such car.

Advertisement

#160 wingwalker

wingwalker

• 6,326 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 15:27

The difference between Kubica from BMW years and Renault's Kubica is striking. He is still himself and stays firmly on the ground but he sounds (especially when you actually hear it, not just read transcripts) so much more relaxed and confident in the interviews. It really seems like he is far more at home in Renault than he ever was at BMW, it's certainly a good thing.

#161 stonebutter

stonebutter

• 695 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 16:17

Agreed - I'd much rather him make it to the top with renault than just jumping into a fast car/team and being the "newcomer"

#162 barteks

barteks

• 2,329 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 09:48

Robert talks us through the challenge of Sepang.

Sepang is a unique track with a mix of corners: some are seriously quick, but others are slow. The track has a bit of everything, which is why it demands a lot from the car.

The start of the lap is quite low speed and although turns one and two look easy on the circuit map, they are really tricky because the track undulates and it’s hard to get on the power early on the exit of two. The track is wide though, and if you are fighting with another car you can try different lines through the corners to find an advantage.

The middle part of the lap is the section I enjoy the most because it has the high-speed corners, including turns five and six, where you feel the biggest g-forces. Then you’re into turns 7 and 8, which are like a double-apex corner, but you need to look out for a small bump in the middle of the corners, which can unsettle the car.

The lap ends with a really long straight and a heavy braking zone. It’s probably the best overtaking opportunity because the track is so wide and you can try out lots of different lines. Turn 14 is another corner where we see different lines because your approach depends on the characteristics of your car as well as your driving style. Some cars prefer to carry more speed into the apex, but they lose out on the exit of the corner.

Overall it’s a circuit where it’s easy to find a rhythm and because it’s so wide it gives you confidence to really find the limits of the track. Recently the high-speed corners haven’t been too challenging, but I think they will be more demanding this year with the heavier fuel loads. For example, going flat out through turn five last year was easy, but this year it will be more of a challenge.

The climate in Malaysia makes it a physically tough weekend for the whole team. The first time I arrived in Malaysia I could not believe the humidity. As I walked out of the airport it was like walking straight into a sauna! You really feel the heat when you’re in the garage because the heat from the car soaks into your body. There is also a high risk of rain storms, and with the race starting late on Sunday afternoon, we could be in for another wet race.

#163 alecc

alecc

• 2,191 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 23:02

Boullier about Kubica:

Q: Kubica is widely regarded as one of the team’s biggest assets. Would you agree?
EB: Completely! Robert is ideal for us. He is a pure racer, like Fernando (Alonso), and so he fits very well with the team. It is a great motivation for the whole team to see a driver still working with the engineers late into the night - pushing and demanding. If the engineers can follow those demands, and the driver can put that onto the track, then you will have that result.

source:
http://www.formula1....10/3/10603.html

#164 Yorkie

Yorkie

• 2,192 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 00:19

Moody grumpy person but hell of a driver, I think he is up there with the best just about, I just don't know how he is going to get that top car

Maybe Ferrari or Red Bull?

Agreed - I'd much rather him make it to the top with renault than just jumping into a fast car/team and being the "newcomer"

Can Renault take him to the top though?

#165 stonebutter

stonebutter

• 695 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 02:37

Can Renault take him to the top though?

I have my fingers crossed. That would be the ideal situation. If he does well for Renault this year I can't imagine him wanting to leave unless he gets an offer he simply can't refuse i.e. - ferrari/mclaren/redbull. Honestly I don't see that happening - they all have established lineups with the exception of mark webber I think everybody in those teams is staying put. From the rumors it sounds like Kimi will take MW's seat.

#166 Carlo's

Carlo's

• 999 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 08:17

Just take a look at this t-shirt :lol:
Posted Image

#167 gaston_foix

gaston_foix

• 2,678 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 08:36

Congratulation to Robert for what he did in Aussie. Splendid driver, always liked him. True racer :up:

#168 barteks

barteks

• 2,329 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 08:32

Silly season is on :)

Kubica to Ferrari?
http://www.motorspor...e.asp?ID=362435

#169 slideways

slideways

• 3,194 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 08:37

"The publication also reports rumours that Ferrari could be eyeing Renault's Robert Kubica"

Ahh yes the old news story of a rumour of a news story (of a rumour of a news story).

#170 Yorkie

Yorkie

• 2,192 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 08:37

I have my fingers crossed. That would be the ideal situation. If he does well for Renault this year I can't imagine him wanting to leave unless he gets an offer he simply can't refuse i.e. - ferrari/mclaren/redbull. Honestly I don't see that happening - they all have established lineups with the exception of mark webber I think everybody in those teams is staying put. From the rumors it sounds like Kimi will take MW's seat.

I cant see doing well for Renault means winning the WDC though

Silly season is on :)

Kubica to Ferrari?
http://www.motorspor...e.asp?ID=362435

Its been mooted for a while that Kubica will join Ferrari in 2011 to replace Massa, would Alonso be ok with that though?

#171 alecc

alecc

• 2,191 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 13:51

I cant see doing well for Renault means winning the WDC though

Its been mooted for a while that Kubica will join Ferrari in 2011 to replace Massa, would Alonso be ok with that though?

If Kubica would join Ferrari as a team-mate of Alonso, it would mean the end of the endless discussions "Is Kubica overrated?Is he a top-driver?" how he would look against Alonso, would made a clear answer to questions about his pace.
Nevertheless I doubt that he will be in Ferrari 2011.

#172 grunge

grunge

• 4,265 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 15:40

ive heard the rumors since mid season last year...i wouldnt be surprised if they do fire massa at the end of this season,the thing is quite a few articles (one which included AFCA's input) had suggested ferrari were going to revert to their pre 07 strategy again with alonso assuming the no.1 driver role.i cant for my life see them hiring kubi if thats the case..he's going to be anything but an ideal no. 2.

however if that no. 1 driver speculation is untrue,then i can really see this falling into place.kubica will be deadly in a fast car

#173 raiseyourfistfor

raiseyourfistfor

• 2,177 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 15:52

Don't forget there are rumors that Renault still want to leave F1 but they didn't want to look bad after last year because of the crashgate and will therefore leave after this year.

#174 stonebutter

stonebutter

• 695 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 16:00

Don't forget there are rumors that Renault still want to leave F1 but they didn't want to look bad after last year because of the crashgate and will therefore leave after this year.

Really? Thats the first time I heard that. The only rumor I heard about leaving is that they were going to finish the fly away races and quit at the start of the european season which sounds like total crap to me.

If they are successful and getting sponsorship I don't see any validity to that rumor.

#175 barteks

barteks

• 2,329 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 20:19

The only rumor I heard about leaving is that they were going to finish the fly away races and quit at the start of the european season which sounds like total crap to me.

Really? Thats the first time I heard that.

#176 barteks

barteks

• 2,329 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 15:42

Q&A with Robert:

http://www.formula1....10/4/10629.html

#177 weareracing

weareracing

• 887 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 23:12

Solid race from Robert in Malaysia, the Chinese GP will be much tougher for Renault to score BIG points. :cool:

#178 barteks

barteks

• 2,329 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 23:46

Malaysia supposed to be tough as well.

#179 weareracing

weareracing

• 887 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 23:51

China will be much cooler, remember a cool Melbourne :well: :cool: :kiss:

Advertisement

#180 alecc

alecc

• 2,191 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 00:31

China will be much cooler, remember a cool Melbourne :well: :cool: :kiss:

It all will depend of the updates that Renault and others will bring, but remember, two last races were flukes, 6 drivers are out of the reach, and 2 (Merc) really hard to beat (ok, maybe one driver, if Schumacher doesn't change his dissapointing pace).
So if there no rain, crashes or reliability problems then I don't see any way that Kubica can be higher than P7, but on the other hand, the probality that 6 drivers will have a more or less problem-free weekend isn't so high.

#181 Craven Morehead

Craven Morehead

• 4,486 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 03:29

Robert has been superb so far this year. IMO he is a top pilot.

#182 Kovalonso

Kovalonso

• 540 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 05:59

I think Kubi is a better driver than Massa, but it was mentioned by his close pal Galvao Bueno that he is about to renew his contract for three years w/ Ferrari.

Apart from driving skills, there are a big commercial interest behind that, bcs Brazil is a very important market for both Santander and Fiat.

#183 slideways

slideways

• 3,194 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 06:12

Very impressive driving so far this year.

#184 CaptainJackSparrow

CaptainJackSparrow

• 2,368 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 08:19

(After the Malaysian GP) when asked by Spain's El Pais in Malaysia to name the best current drivers in F1, Fernando Alonso replied: "It's hard to say.

"Hamilton, Kubica, Vettel, Massa, Schumacher."

http://www.motorspor...p...62738&FS=F1

Sure, Alonso and Kubica are BFFs, but still nice to hear:)

#185 grunge

grunge

• 4,265 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 11:16

(After the Malaysian GP) when asked by Spain's El Pais in Malaysia to name the best current drivers in F1, Fernando Alonso replied: "It's hard to say.

"Hamilton, Kubica, Vettel, Massa, Schumacher."

http://www.motorspor...p...62738&FS=F1

Sure, Alonso and Kubica are BFFs, but still nice to hear:)

i think he named the fourth person due to anonymous reasons

neways really hoping he gets a top seat next year..

Edited by grunge, 05 April 2010 - 11:28.

#186 bigmikel

bigmikel

• 61 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 16:03

Check out what Murray Walker thinks about Kubica (from 3:13).
http://news.bbc.co.u...one/8597857.stm

#187 motoman2100

motoman2100

• 85 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 16:24

Check out what Murray Walker thinks about Kubica (from 3:13).
http://news.bbc.co.u...one/8597857.stm

Nice vid you got there, however the more i think about it the more i think that Kubica, as much as i would love to see him in red, would be better off sticking it out at renault and bringing that squad back to the top of the sport. At the current moment all the top squads have there number 1 drivers already.... there is no real room for him, and i would prefer him being at a squad that put him at number one as appose to running two drivers "equal" we all saw how well that played out at BMW. This year has been a clear indication that the team are capable of producing a pretty good drive, give them a year or two and i think they will be back up top if they continue with this rapid development and putting there resources behind a talented driver such as Bob

#188 Muppetmad

Muppetmad

• 2,401 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 17:11

^ I agree, if Renault can keep their current pace and are actually realistic about wanting to challenge for the title next year, Robert could be on to a winner if he stays.

#189 bigmikel

bigmikel

• 61 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 17:12

Nice vid you got there, however the more i think about it the more i think that Kubica, as much as i would love to see him in red, would be better off sticking it out at renault and bringing that squad back to the top of the sport. At the current moment all the top squads have there number 1 drivers already.... there is no real room for him, and i would prefer him being at a squad that put him at number one as appose to running two drivers "equal" we all saw how well that played out at BMW. This year has been a clear indication that the team are capable of producing a pretty good drive, give them a year or two and i think they will be back up top if they continue with this rapid development and putting there resources behind a talented driver such as Bob

You're right. And I don't think Kubica is even thinking about moving to Ferrari in 2011. He fits well at Renault where he was given a lead role. I think he'll stay in this tem for 2011.
Furthermore, Renult may be the black horse this year. Three races into the season and Robert is only 9 points from the lead... With current points system he may as well be 1st after China :stoned:
I know, I'm dreaming...

#190 Gbain

Gbain

• 195 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 18:37

You're right. And I don't think Kubica is even thinking about moving to Ferrari in 2011. He fits well at Renault where he was given a lead role. I think he'll stay in this tem for 2011.
Furthermore, Renult may be the black horse this year. Three races into the season and Robert is only 9 points from the lead... With current points system he may as well be 1st after China :stoned:
I know, I'm dreaming...

Nothing wrong with dreaming. We could do some rain-dancing. It won't hurt.

#191 Craven Morehead

Craven Morehead

• 4,486 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 19:03

I know, I'm dreaming...

Very similar so far to the amazing season he put together for BMW a while back (when he was leading the wdc at mid season). He really is superb. :up:

#192 H2H

H2H

• 2,891 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 19:06

As a true racing fan I can just say "Great job" to Robert for all the races of this season.

H2H

#193 bigmikel

bigmikel

• 61 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 19:22

Say what you want, but in my opinion he would prove much more by winning for Renault than for Ferrari. And if he wins the title with Renault, the Ferrari will beg him to join the team.

#194 Carlo's

Carlo's

• 999 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 09:34

Robert "The key factor" Kubica ;)

http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/82746

#195 bigmikel

bigmikel

• 61 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 10:48

Robert "The key factor" Kubica ;)

http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/82746

Exactly! I am so glad he is at Renault. Guys at BMW only wasted his time with their ultra-corporate approach.
Current Renault team is a perfect package. :clap:

#196 barteks

barteks

• 2,329 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 12:47

Robert will take part in Rally Citta di Forli this week:

http://www.corsanews...ica-al-via.html

#197 CaptainJackSparrow

CaptainJackSparrow

• 2,368 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 12:51

Robert will take part in Rally Citta di Forli this week:

http://www.corsanews...ica-al-via.html

He just can't help himself can he, talk about addicted to racing.

Anyway, nice article:

The rise of Silent Bob
http://www.girlracer...silent-bob.html

#198 gorivan

gorivan

• 226 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 15:14

Anyway, nice article:

The rise of Silent Bob
http://www.girlracer...silent-bob.html

Thanks, a nice read!

#199 barteks

barteks

• 2,329 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 16:18

Robert decided to withdraw his participation in tomorrow's rally due to today's tragedy in Russia.

He said: "I am deeply shocked and saddened by the news of this tragedy, which is unprecedented for our nation. A day of remembrance for the victims of Katyn has become one of deep mourning for the people of Poland. I send my sincerest condolences to the families of the victims and my thoughts are with every one of my fellow Poles, who have all been deeply affected by this tragedy.”

Edited by barteks, 10 April 2010 - 16:19.

Advertisement

#200 Kovalonso

Kovalonso

• 540 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 17:13

There is something in Robert that reminds me Alain Prost.