* * * * - 20 votes

Robert Kubica thread.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2900 replies to this topic

#2351 Megan

Megan

• 289 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:29

If it's the interview with TVP Sport that is above linked by MadYarpen, he says only that he won't be in a Rally car next month because he will focus on rehab, nothing about "bigger things" was said.

He says: "It is very possible that next month I will have to concentrate on other things, so rather I will not sit in the rally car."

Advertisement

#2352 korzeniow

korzeniow

• 5,671 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 13:13

I found it, on one of subaru forums. Guys there don't want me to post links here, their decision.

in short they imply next year Kubica will be in F1, they mentioned Kubica beat Latvala by 3 seconds back in August and that he will attend Rally Como and Rally du Var in November

#2353 MadYarpen

MadYarpen

• 3,886 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 13:17

http://www.italiarac.../index.asp#/28/

translation of pages 28-31 would be appreciated. Or a summary at least;)

#2354 Sarhan

Sarhan

• 490 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 13:32

I found it, on one of subaru forums. Guys there don't want me to post links here, their decision.

Why put it on a public forum then? Now even the media are quoting them still they don't want you to submit a link to what they say in public :rolleyes:

#2355 korzeniow

korzeniow

• 5,671 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 13:33

Why put it on a public forum then? Now even the media are quoting them still they don't want you to submit a link to what they say in public :rolleyes:

Here you go: http://forum.subaru....a...&start=9900

Maby they don't understand Internet

#2356 wingwalker

wingwalker

• 6,333 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 13:38

Here you go: <link>

C'mon, remove the link. That's their private forum and if for whatever reason they don't want wider audience to read that it's a decent thing to respect their wish.

edit: HAHAHAHAH Polish tabloid TMZ-like site run a story on Kubica ignoring a TV star based on what was written on that forum.

Edited by wingwalker, 02 October 2012 - 13:41.

#2357 Sarhan

Sarhan

• 490 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 13:38

Here you go: http://forum.subaru....a...&start=9900

I've been there. I also read what that guy said to Yarpen. If the author doesn't want to make it public, he can easily restrict it.

Edited by Sarhan, 02 October 2012 - 13:43.

#2358 Sarhan

Sarhan

• 490 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 13:40

C'mon, remove the link. That's their private forum and if for whatever reason they don't want wider audience to read that it's a decent thing to respect their wish.

If literally anybody can enter and read then it's not a private forum.

#2359 MadYarpen

MadYarpen

• 3,886 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 13:44

Well anyway I don't think we will read another report there, because they are going to be at next rallies. Thanks to stupid media fans suffer if you ask me...

Advertisement

#2360 wingwalker

wingwalker

• 6,333 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 13:47

Well, whatever, Pudelek ran the story already so the damage is already done I guess. But if it's really this easy to start a rumour I'm going to start post batshit insane posts here and there, just for the kicks.

#2361 MadYarpen

MadYarpen

• 3,886 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 13:49

Well, whatever, Pudelek ran the story already so the damage is already done I guess. But if it's really this easy to start a rumour I'm going to start post batshit insane posts here and there, just for the kicks.

You won't be first, I recall someone doing similar thing and it ended up in mainstream media :drunk: Internet at it's best.

#2362 korzeniow

korzeniow

• 5,671 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 13:50

Well anyway I don't think we will read another report there, because they are going to be at next rallies. Thanks to stupid media fans suffer if you ask me...

They don't seem to be willing to share anyway. It's not like they have exclusive info, but acted like they put national safety into jeopard :rolleyes:

#2363 Sarhan

Sarhan

• 490 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 13:53

There will be, only on a restricted forum ;-) As I said before, if they put such news on a public forum it gets easily spotted by bloggers and media because that's what they do, thay search for information.

#2364 MadYarpen

MadYarpen

• 3,886 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 14:11

I hope I'll be somehow able to read it. This kind of info is great for any fan in this situation...

#2365 zawisza

zawisza

• 565 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 14:16

They don't seem to be willing to share anyway. It's not like they have exclusive info, but acted like they put national safety into jeopard :rolleyes:

Remember they had private talks with Robert. They wanted to share info with forum friends but not exactly with random people. Clearly they forget what Internet is.

#2366 korzeniow

korzeniow

• 5,671 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 14:36

Remember they had private talks with Robert. They wanted to share info with forum friends but not exactly with random people. Clearly they forget what Internet is.

And he told them he will attend two rallies in November. Big Whoop.

What's the harm in sharing this information on other forums among Kubica's fans?

#2367 zawisza

zawisza

• 565 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 14:56

What's the harm in sharing this information on other forums among Kubica's fans?

They think Big Whoop might be with their TVN, not really polite, remarks, you know it very well :)

#2368 korzeniow

korzeniow

• 5,671 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 14:59

They think Big Whoop might be with their TVN, not really polite, remarks, you know it very well :)

It doesn't look that was the reason they ask MadYarpen to delete the link from here

#2369 zawisza

zawisza

• 565 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 15:14

It doesn't look that was the reason they ask MadYarpen to delete the link from here

C'mon, they need some intimacy to enjoy the fact Kubica met with them. :p They took pains to travel to Italy and it paid off.

#2370 MadYarpen

MadYarpen

• 3,886 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 15:59

Right now I'm thinking about doing the same. Would be cool. I have no car ATM, though...:(

#2371 wolviex

wolviex

• 318 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 16:41

Their words "sponsor me a trip to next Rally and I will share" sum this up :down: :well:

#2372 wolviex

wolviex

• 318 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 16:49

http://www.italiarac.../index.asp#/28/

translation of pages 28-31 would be appreciated. Or a summary at least;)

The most important is the last sentence. He plans to do some tests in "vettura a ruote coperte" what seems to be wheel-covered car, and "other tests on the road and at least three other rally, the Renault Clio Event almost certainly with the Super1600, Como and the Var with a Citroen C4."

#2373 zawisza

zawisza

• 565 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 17:05

Their words "sponsor me a trip to next Rally and I will share" sum this up :down: :well:

Just a joke. Really, stop stirring, please. I appreciate their attitude - they love rallies and love RK and dedicate their time and money to follow him.

#2374 wolviex

wolviex

• 318 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 17:20

Just a joke. Really, stop stirring, please. I appreciate their attitude - they love rallies and love RK and dedicate their time and money to follow him.

Hope so! The attitude in the forum becomes very unwelcome, so it sounds not nice.... If I had a money I would go there and share every bit of news, but... life heh

#2375 zawisza

zawisza

• 565 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 17:48

Hope so! The attitude in the forum becomes very unwelcome, so it sounds not nice.... If I had a money I would go there and share every bit of news, but... life heh

I guess they feel awkward as if they let him down talking publicly about things he told them. Maybe it's strange , they are just fans but you know...they're afraid to do anything inappropriate towards Robert, I suppose.

Edited by zawisza, 02 October 2012 - 18:07.

#2376 BRG

BRG

• 11,907 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 17:55

Why is everything to do with Kubica more secret than Area 51??

#2377 zawisza

zawisza

• 565 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 18:03

Why is everything to do with Kubica more secret than Area 51??

:lol:

In this case it's more to do with good manners than anything else, I think.

#2378 MadYarpen

MadYarpen

• 3,886 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 18:45

Well I think there is no point in making a story out of it. They don't want to share info (fact that it is posted on public forum aside), their decision. Whatever. Maybe a little sad.

Back on topic - interesting that he will drive C4. Another different car. I guess it is not about the result, so he can affort not being on the edge;) But I hope he will test it intensively before. Really.

#2379 kosmic33

kosmic33

• 1,548 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 20:44

Back on topic - interesting that he will drive C4. Another different car. I guess it is not about the result, so he can affort not being on the edge;) But I hope he will test it intensively before. Really.

If he's using a C4 then it clearly is about the result.
Twice the running costs for a small performance gain.

And he will test a lot before the rally, he always does

Advertisement

#2380 MadYarpen

MadYarpen

• 3,886 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 21:02

If he's using a C4 then it clearly is about the result.
Twice the running costs for a small performance gain.

And he will test a lot before the rally, he always does

If you think reasonably, it may be that he wants car that is the most demanding in terms of reflexes etc. But on the other hand, if you think about being adrenaline junkie and a very competitive person who just won 2 rallies after 20 months break... Well, maybe you are right :smoking:

#2381 kosmic33

kosmic33

• 1,548 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 22:59

If you think reasonably, it may be that he wants car that is the most demanding in terms of reflexes etc. But on the other hand, if you think about being adrenaline junkie and a very competitive person who just won 2 rallies after 20 months break... Well, maybe you are right :smoking:

The c4 is a less demanding car to drive because its a better car

He is hiring a c4 because its a better car

#2382 pingu666

pingu666

• 8,877 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:08

is the c4 from same company?

if he wanted demanding he could jump in a sprint car :-)

#2383 bourbon

bourbon

• 7,265 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:50

Nice to see Robert is coming along. 2014 he's predicted for an F1 possible return and that sounds about right.

Keep the Faith :up:

#2384 MadYarpen

MadYarpen

• 3,886 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:55

The c4 is a less demanding car to drive because its a better car

He is hiring a c4 because its a better car

What I meant is that you can drive C4 quicker, co reflexes must be better;). And I'm not arguing at all, can be he simply wants to win or whatever;)

#2385 cravenciak

cravenciak

• 223 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:00

Another clip

#2386 MadYarpen

MadYarpen

• 3,886 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:02

video interview I posted earlier:
http://www.f1talks.p...ig-limitations/

Eryk Melgwa: Congratulations Robert. Great win, second in last three weeks. How do you feel?

Robert Kubica: Nice but a little bit tired. It was long day since 6:30 a.m. in the car. Hard day because the weather was very variable. First run on slicks and wet surface wasn’t easy, and now on this last part we have some problems with differential. We are in this place and now we have to make another 300 meters to reach finish line. I hope we can do this.

EM: You can do this for sure. What’s next?

RK: What’s next? Tommorow I will have some time to rest. In Monday I will back to may rehabilitation routine and I will see. Monday, start of new week so we will see. It’s possible that I will be focused on some other things, so I will not be in a rally car by next month.

EM: How important was this race for you?

RK: A lot of positive things. Today’s 120 kilometers of special stages – physically very good, mentally even better. Special stages on hard slicks, on wet surface were not easy and concentration had to be on the highest level. So from that point of view it was very good. You need to tread firmly on the ground, still long way to go especially with my hand. When I’m driving a car, this car I don’t feel big limitations. This is reassuring but it’s not a reason for excitement. I still need to work.

#2387 cravenciak

cravenciak

• 223 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 15:42

http://www.autosport...t.php/id/103030

Robert Kubica says he is aiming to complete a full championship in 2013 following his return to competition last month.

Kubica took victory in an Italian domestic rally last month, and he won again last Sunday in the international Rally Citta di Bassano, again driving a Subaru Impreza WRC. The Pole insisted thinking of a return to Formula 1 is still premature, but made it clear he wants to compete for a full season next year.

"The path towards recovery of the functionality of the arm injured in the Andora crash is still demanding, but in the meantime competing in rallies is good for me," Kubica told Autosprint magazine. "It's a sort of active rehabilitation that isn't just physical. Competing also helps me mentally and gives me morale, and winning is also a good medicine."

He added: "I want to carry on gradually, step by step, also because I don't know the timing of my possible full recovery. If I think of my future I see it 70 per cent on track and 30 per cent in rallying. "In the meantime I'm working with a view at facing a full championship at the highest possible level, in 2013 already, in order to hopefully be OK in 2014.

"Talking about the [F1] world championship now is premature, I'm practically starting from scratch after the crash one and a half years ago. Meanwhile, I'm enjoying the taste of an important victory."Kubica said the Citta di Bassano event was his last in the Subaru and plans to compete with a more current car in the Rally di Como and Rally du Var events."Rallies are useful in order to manage tension and adrenaline, while on the track focus is a lot more important," he added."This is why I will alternate the two fields and I'm also planning a series of on-track tests with, at the moment, closed-wheel cars."

Edited by cravenciak, 03 October 2012 - 16:39.

#2388 Muppetmad

Muppetmad

• 2,505 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 15:50

I think seeing Robert in something like the World Endurance Championship would be the perfect way to bridge the gap to F1 if that avenue becomes possible; the high speeds and concentration required would tick a lot of boxes whilst still (correct me if I'm wrong) having a little cockpit space for the elbow movement.

#2389 thuGG

thuGG

• 1,531 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 15:50

:up:

#2390 wolviex

wolviex

• 318 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 16:20

Posted Image

:up:

#2391 string158

string158

• 228 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 16:22

http://www.autosport...t.php/id/103030

"In the meantime I'm working with a view at facing a full championship at the highest possible level, in 2013 already, in order to hopefully be OK in 2014.

Might be reading too much into this / misinterpreting, but there's only really one highest possible level... :drunk:

#2392 thuGG

thuGG

• 1,531 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 16:24

Might be reading too much into this / misinterpreting, but there's only really one highest possible level... :drunk:

Highest possible for him, and that can mean many things.

#2393 string158

string158

• 228 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 16:43

Yeah, I guess, optimism took hold!
I'm really excited by his progress, it'll be interesting to see what he's doing next.

I wonder what closed wheel stuff he'll be doing on-track

Edited by string158, 03 October 2012 - 16:44.

#2394 maximilian

maximilian

• 480 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 16:44

Where might he race in 2013? Any speculations? I would imagine he could certainly get a seat in most series, would it be preferably open-wheel? GP2, take Valsecchi's seat, and run a few FP1 sessions for ... Lotus?

Or something like DTM? What do you think?

Edited by maximilian, 03 October 2012 - 16:48.

#2395 cravenciak

cravenciak

• 223 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 16:50

If he could drive GP2, F1 wouldn't be a problem...

In my opinion DTM, WEC or PSC.

Edited by cravenciak, 03 October 2012 - 16:51.

#2396 korzeniow

korzeniow

• 5,671 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 16:50

Highest possible for him, and that can mean many things.

I also read it this way. He means he will compete in the most competitive series he will be able to

#2397 thuGG

thuGG

• 1,531 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 16:51

Where might he race in 2013? Any speculations? I would imagine he could certainly get a seat in most series, would it be preferably open-wheel? GP2, take Valsecchi's seat, and run a few FP1 sessions for ... Lotus?

Why Lotus? They aren't best friends anymore.
Also it looks like single seaters are not possible (at least for now).

#2398 korzeniow

korzeniow

• 5,671 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 16:52

DTM with BMW :love:

#2399 metz

metz

• 9,820 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 17:02

Pirelli tester in 2013.
F1 team in 2014
That's the plan.

Advertisement

#2400 MadYarpen

MadYarpen

• 3,886 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 17:09

Pirelli tester in 2013.
F1 team in 2014
That's the plan.

plus some racing series would be great. I don't know, dtm, wtcc, WEC (watching him in le mans would be absolutely SPECTCULAR, I'd be drunk for the whole race)? Endurance racing would be bet test for his fitness I guess.

E: got the feeling we are getting carried away;)

Edited by MadYarpen, 03 October 2012 - 17:20.