1985 Lotus 97T 1/18 in FULL tobacco livery:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

1986 Olivetti Brabham BMW BT55 1/43:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Chasey, 02 December 2009 - 21:12.

Advertisement

#2 tyrrellp346wheels

tyrrellp346wheels

• 582 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 21:42

Great model of the brabham bt55. Minichamps :confused:

Tried getting a minichamps brabham bt55 of elio but had to stick with the patrase version instead :)

Can't wait to the minichamps lotus 88 of elio is released but has been delayed again :mad:

Edited by tyrrellp346wheels, 02 December 2009 - 21:44.

#3 Chasey

Chasey

• 9 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 22:07

Great model of the brabham bt55. Minichamps :confused:

Tried getting a minichamps brabham bt55 of elio but had to stick with the patrase version instead :)

Can't wait to the minichamps lotus 88 of elio is released but has been delayed again :mad:

It is indeed Minichamps, as is the Lotus 97T. I did have to wait a while to get the BT55, and there seemed to be a fair few around for a while but the supply seems to have gotten rather thin again lately.

I'm excited about the Lotus '88 too - a friend of mine has ordered me the '88 for Christmas, but has already warned me it may be a rather belated (spring or summer) present!

#4 Keke Rosberg

Keke Rosberg

• 111 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 21:36

hello Chasey
i like your Lotus model alot, with the JPS decal the car looks so beautiful, i wonder where can i buy one these days.

not sure if you are aware of this model, i found this while surfing the net.
http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item35a5b30ff7

and also this Angelis T-Shirt
http://cgi.ebay.com/...-...3DLVI&ps=63

#5 Chasey

Chasey

• 9 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 12:02

hello Chasey
i like your Lotus model alot, with the JPS decal the car looks so beautiful, i wonder where can i buy one these days.

not sure if you are aware of this model, i found this while surfing the net.
http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item35a5b30ff7

and also this Angelis T-Shirt
http://cgi.ebay.com/...-...3DLVI&ps=63

Hi Keke!

Yes, I saw that model before and I have to laugh a little. It's a Lotus 78 body, dressed in a 1983 JPS livery.... :drunk: :lol:

I have bought that t-shirt and it looks great, by far the best Elio design out there.

In terms of getting hold of a 97T 1/18, you can get this direct from Minichamps. The JPS tobacco logos can be searched for on google, I got mine from the USA.

Edited by Chasey, 22 December 2009 - 12:04.

#6 Keke Rosberg

Keke Rosberg

• 111 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 15:45

just want to share a nice image of Elio with you, not sure if you've seen this before.

Posted Image

#7 Chasey

Chasey

• 9 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 14:13

just want to share a nice image of Elio with you, not sure if you've seen this before.

Posted Image

Thanks. :up:

I havent seen this image before, do you know who the author is?

#8 Chasey

Chasey

• 9 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 09:41

I posted these over a year ago in the Personal Photos from the Track thread in the Nostalgia Forum. I'm sure that they are quite buried by now. With you being a new member, I thought you may like to see them. If I'm out of line posting these in the Collectable forum let me know and I'll remove them. Both were taken in Montreal in 1980. Brian
photos: B²

Thanks B Squared for the photos. Although I already have the first one in my photogallery, I'd love to use the second one - to whom should I give the copyright credit?

#9 Chasey

Chasey

• 9 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 12:13

Brian Brown - B² Design, either one is fine. I might have a couple more. If I come across them, I'll post them. I always liked Elio, gentlemanly style and quite a good shoe. Welcome to the forum. Brian

Thanks Brian, willdo. :up:

It is a 'welcome back' to the forum, because I was actually registered as 'deangelis86' a few years ago but despite emailing admin to reset my password I didn't ever get a reply and had to create a new account.

#10 Lagdti

Lagdti

• 2 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 22:35

I also have the 1/43 Brabham BT55 and 1/18 Lotus 97T Elio cars,but the original decals on the Lotus have started to peel.Can you point me in the right direction of the company you bought your proper JPS decals from please?.I've searched in the usual places but it's not turned anything up.

Many thanks.:)

#11 Chasey

Chasey

• 9 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 11:11

I also have the 1/43 Brabham BT55 and 1/18 Lotus 97T Elio cars,but the original decals on the Lotus have started to peel.Can you point me in the right direction of the company you bought your proper JPS decals from please?.I've searched in the usual places but it's not turned anything up.

Many thanks.:)

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...5b78d67fffea11c

I believe that this would suffice.... :wave:

#12 Keke Rosberg

Keke Rosberg

• 111 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 20:39

I'm seriously thinking of getting a replica of Elio's helmet but need some encouragements, what do you think of this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item3caeb6c83a

I want to wear this and play my rFactor 1985 season pc simulation. :)

#13 Keke Rosberg

Keke Rosberg

• 111 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 02:58

de Angelis' Lotus 88 is finally released ...... 2 1/2 year since it was announced

Posted Image

Posted Image

#14 Keke Rosberg

Keke Rosberg

• 111 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 13:09

Elio's 1980 Lotus 81 should also be released by Minichamps anytime now.

#15 colinsays

colinsays

• 139 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 18:03

Here it is my petit Angelis Lotus collection
The ESSEX Esprit was one of his personal cars
Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

#16 Keke Rosberg

Keke Rosberg

• 111 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 00:36

Here it is my petit Angelis Lotus collection
The ESSEX Esprit was one of his personal cars
Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

that's a nice collection, I didn't know that his personal car was made.

I'm going to pick up the 1:43rd 1980 Lotus 81 this weekend. :)

#17 Keke Rosberg

Keke Rosberg

• 111 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 12:12

I finally picked up my 1980 Lotus 81 yesterday, here's a few shots of it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#18 Keke Rosberg

Keke Rosberg

• 111 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 00:46

a drawing of Elio

Posted Image

#19 Ralliart

Ralliart

• 669 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 02:16

Sorry if this is off-topic but if someone could refresh my memory. Was '85 GP season the first season also of Gordon Murray's low-line car? Who were the Brabham drivers that season? Who was the driver that wouldn't be retained - leaving that seat open for Niki Lauda, who was offered a seat by Bernie as late as the flight home from Melbourne? Who, eventually, were the drivers in '86 and was it the last year of the low-line? I always thought that Gordon Murray always GOT Grand Prix cars better than any other engineer. If that makes any sense. THE mind, in my mind, including Colin Chapman and Adrian Newey who I'd rate as the top three. I just don't have the reference books I used to have. I took a photo of Elio de Angelis in the pits during practice at Caesars Palace in '82. It's a good candid shot and I'd post it if I had the facilities. Maybe next year. Thanks in advance to any answers to the multitude of questions.

Advertisement

#20 Tim Murray

Tim Murray

• 24,604 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:24

I'm not sure this belongs in the 'Collectables' forum, but ...

In 1985 Brabham raced the ‘conventional’ BT54. The drivers were Piquet, Hesnault and Surer (Hesnault until Monaco, Surer fron Canada onward). The ‘lowline’ BT55 was raced only during 1986. The team started the season with Patrese and de Angelis. Following Elio’s death Brabham ran a single car for Patrese in Belgium. Derek Warwick then joined the team for the rest of the season. For 1987, following Gordon Murray’s departure, Brabham produced the more conventional BT56, although this (of necessity) still used the ‘lay-down’ BMW engine developed for the BT55.

After Piquet decided to move to Williams for 1986 Bernie did try very hard to get Lauda, who was apparently very taken with the 'lowline' concept, but eventually decided to stick with retirement.

Posting photos is very straightforward using one of the image-hosting sites such as Imageshack - see the relevant sticky thread at the top of the TNF main page for guidance. :)