Photo

Some old names

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 MickJones

MickJones

• 160 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 14:42

Anyone remember some of my old mates, i'm in touch with one or two but lost track of most. Alf Mossell, Steve Colville, Kieth Webb, Pete Tibbitts, Jimmy Webb, Don Curtin, Steve Trasler, Nick Dury, Ricky McMillan, Tony Green, Kieth Wray, the list goes on.

Advertisement

#2 picblanc

picblanc

• 12,531 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 16:37

Anyone remember some of my old mates, i'm in touch with one or two but lost track of most. Alf Mossell, Steve Colville, Kieth Webb, Pete Tibbitts, Jimmy Webb, Don Curtin, Steve Trasler, Nick Dury, Ricky McMillan, Tony Green, Kieth Wray, the list goes on.

Hi Mick, welcome to the forum.
Alf Mossell last I heard was still living in Harlow & working for Harris in Hertford.
Ricky McMillan is still active in the Classic race scene and might be contactable through the CRMC forum?

#3 MickJones

MickJones

• 160 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 17:07

Alf Mossell last I heard was still living in Harlow & working for Harris in Hertford.
Ricky McMillan is still active in the Classic race scene and might be contactable through the CRMC forum?

I wondered if Alf was still around, great to hear, i noticed Ricky is still getting results, good on him, he was a fresh faced 250 proddy rider when i first met him and then took over Nick Dury's Kawasaki. His dad was a bloody good rider in the old days too.

#4 mba21

mba21

• 798 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 21:28

I wondered if Alf was still around, great to hear, i noticed Ricky is still getting results, good on him, he was a fresh faced 250 proddy rider when i first met him and then took over Nick Dury's Kawasaki. His dad was a bloody good rider in the old days too.

I rember steve colvilleI am sure he used to attend a few brands bemsee meets riding an rg 500 I think

#5 Coupe Kawasaki

Coupe Kawasaki

• 1,501 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 22:08

I just sold a brake caliper for a GT750 to Alf on ebay :wave: So have his address and e-mail if anyone wants to PM me. I remembered the name and couldn't quite place him :rolleyes:

David

#6 MickJones

MickJones

• 160 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 00:41

I rember steve colvilleI am sure he used to attend a few brands bemsee meets riding an rg 500 I think

That's right, we had a hell of a scrap at snetterton, him on the rg and me on the kwacker, he got me by half a wheel, the bugger.

#7 picblanc

picblanc

• 12,531 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 09:41

Alf up the inside of Roger Marshall @ Druids, errr may be not!!
Posted Image
Photo Copyrighted to Graham Etheridge, racebikepics.

#8 ex Rhodie racer 2

ex Rhodie racer 2

• 1,140 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 10:49

Alf up the inside of Roger Marshall @ Druids, errr may be not!!

Old Roger the dodger would have something to say about that. He would argue the caption should read,
"Roger Marshall riding around the outside of Alf Mossell @ Druids." :clap: :lol:

#9 MickJones

MickJones

• 160 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 14:41

Old Roger the dodger would have something to say about that. He would argue the caption should read,
"Roger Marshall riding around the outside of Alf Mossell @ Druids." :clap: :lol:

Lol yeah, old Alf wasn't particularly quick around Brands, at one particular test day he was showing off a Harris creation to the assembled bike press complete with all the Harris hierarchy and i kept overtaking him on a friends LC250 which i was sorting out. Old Alf was livid, lol. What year was this pic taken? It's alf's leathers definately, differant helmet and bike though, he also seems to have attracted some of my old trade sponsors, EBC, Centurion and NGK. On a second look, that probably is the bike he rode in 82 but with a new livery, he was always improving and developing his bike, it really was a work of art, he is a master of preperation. It didn't seem right that i beat him in the 82 BRC 1300 4 stroke championship on my old Rickman framed rat bike(ex John Heselwood).

Edited by MickJones, 11 December 2009 - 14:48.

#10 mba21

mba21

• 798 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 20:51

Lol yeah, old Alf wasn't particularly quick around Brands, at one particular test day he was showing off a Harris creation to the assembled bike press complete with all the Harris hierarchy and i kept overtaking him on a friends LC250 which i was sorting out. Old Alf was livid, lol. What year was this pic taken? It's alf's leathers definately, differant helmet and bike though, he also seems to have attracted some of my old trade sponsors, EBC, Centurion and NGK. On a second look, that probably is the bike he rode in 82 but with a new livery, he was always improving and developing his bike, it really was a work of art, he is a master of preperation. It didn't seem right that i beat him in the 82 BRC 1300 4 stroke championship on my old Rickman framed rat bike(ex John Heselwood).

Aghhhhhh the good old days Good old Bemsee Had some real good scraps in the 125cc class,but couldnt afford to run with the big boys class :well: Loved the Sir Ben Ball meet,the parade lap was a free for all :lol:

Edited by mba21, 11 December 2009 - 20:52.

#11 picblanc

picblanc

• 12,531 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 21:43

Better view of Alf.
Posted Image

#12 kerrowmoar

kerrowmoar

• 560 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 21:48

"Loved the Sir Ben Ball meet,the parade lap was a free for all "

id forgotten all about that
twas great crack,nearly choked with all the fumes of the bikes while waiting to go out
didnt John and Andrea Webb lead the parade round in an open topped capri?
great days

#13 mba21

mba21

• 798 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 22:43

id forgotten all about that
twas great crack,nearly choked with all the fumes of the bikes while waiting to go out
didnt John and Andrea Webb lead the parade round in an open topped capri?
great days

Ye I think it was,my poor little Mba used to be near boiling point ,waiting for a break in the mad throng o bikes,then would open it up for a mad dash to keep it cool :p it used to play hell with the clutch toodlin round at about 10pmh

#14 Ronaldo

Ronaldo

• 95 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 10:54

From 1977

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#15 picblanc

picblanc

• 12,531 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 22:29

From 1977

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Are you sure Peter? coz there is an LC in the top pic and a Suzuki Katana, thought they were after that, 1979/80?

#16 Steve Bateman

Steve Bateman

• 328 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 23:38

Are you sure Peter? coz there is an LC in the top pic and a Suzuki Katana, thought they were after that, 1979/80?

Roger Marchant No. 16 is on a Kawasaki Z1000J which didnt come out until 1980. Right then i shall unzip my anorak and go to bed :well: :well:

#17 Ronaldo

Ronaldo

• 95 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 07:38

Yes, sorry chaps; well spotted. Some negs put back in the wrong folder.

Compliments of the season, Peter.

#18 Ronaldo

Ronaldo

• 95 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 07:47

Could someone kindly advise me how to present pics full size and not as thumbnail please. I am using the BB code supplied at Image Shack that relates to "get code for forums".

Many thanks, Peter Weale.

#19 picblanc

picblanc

• 12,531 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 09:19

Could someone kindly advise me how to present pics full size and not as thumbnail please. I am using the BB code supplied at Image Shack that relates to "get code for forums".

Many thanks, Peter Weale.

Posted Image

You should be able to left click on Forum coding then paste, it does not show the picture till you preview/post it.
But with this one it is far to big you will have to make the size of your photos you download to imageshack smaller, go right to bottom of my post for more!! as the picture kinda takes over!!!!!

Edit pic removed it was slowing up the forum!!! G.

I can only get it to work on Links to share this image, right cick on Direct Coding
Paste on post, then if we click on the highlighted blue coding it does come up screen size
http://img226.images...rsgroup2rl5.jpg

Edited by picblanc, 31 December 2009 - 14:31.

Advertisement

#20 picblanc

picblanc

• 12,531 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 09:45

For the "Old names" who dont know? Ronaldo is Peter Weale.
Posted Image

#21 Ronaldo

Ronaldo

• 95 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 09:12

"You should be able to left click on Forum coding then paste, it does not show the picture till you preview/post it.
But with this one it is far to big you will have to make the size of your photos you download to imageshack smaller, go right to bottom of my post for more!! as the picture kinda takes over!!!!!

I can only get it to work on Links to share this image, right cick on Direct Coding
Paste on post, then if we click on the highlighted blue coding it does come up screen size"

Thank you Graham.

Do you know if this difficulty (defaulting to thumbnail size pics) is peculiar to ImageShack? Is there another recomended web host?

Could I please ask which one you use?

Many thanks, Peter

#22 fil2.8

fil2.8

• 19,496 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 09:59

Thank you Graham.

Do you know if this difficulty (defaulting to thumbnail size pics) is peculiar to ImageShack? Is there another recomended web host?

Could I please ask which one you use?

Many thanks, Peter

Peter , I have sent you a pm as I use ImageShack :up:

#23 Ronaldo

Ronaldo

• 95 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 10:22

Peter , I have sent you a pm as I use ImageShack :up:

Phil, Graham, Barry many thanks for your replies.

Have never looked in pm's, (not knowing what they were) but thinking I had to wait until the afternoon.

#24 picblanc

picblanc

• 12,531 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 11:42

Have never looked in pm's, (not knowing what they were) but thinking I had to wait until the afternoon.

:rotfl: I thought I was bad!!!
Hopefully Phil can steer you in right direction as he uses it, I use Photobucket, if no luck with Imageshack give it a go, its easy & NO thunbnails involved!
G.

#25 fil2.8

fil2.8

• 19,496 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 12:30

:lol: :lol: :lol: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Don't worry , Peter , I was like that 2 years ago :blush: ------- ( some on this forum say I still am :rolleyes: )
I'm in after 1 sh , so you are partially right :up: :wave:

#26 Neverwas

Neverwas

• 2 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 03:54

Thought you may like this Mick.

Posted Image

Edited by Neverwas, 31 December 2009 - 03:57.

#27 picblanc

picblanc

• 12,531 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 09:38

Posted Image

Nice shot of Brands end of the 70's 78/79?
Welcome the forum too :wave:

#28 Coupe Kawasaki

Coupe Kawasaki

• 1,501 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 11:37

Nice shot of Brands end of the 70's 78/79?
Welcome the forum too :wave:

HI and welcome! :wave: X7 proddie so has to be 79/80 doesn't it? I'll stick my neck out and say 1980 see if I can get Graham on one :clap: waiting for the first "Oh bugger!"

David

#29 fil2.8

fil2.8

• 19,496 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 12:43

Posted Image

Hi , Neverwas :wave: and welcome , are you in the pic , or are you the David Bailey ?? :)

#30 MickJones

MickJones

• 160 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 14:14

Woweee, lol, that's a great pic of me and my mechanic next to my old mate Kieth Wray's van, i was in my hairy period then, lol, not surprising as i was a 250 proddy headbanger, that's my X7, it's definately 1980 as i was on a TZ in 81. Great pic, great memories, thank's for that.

Edited by MickJones, 31 December 2009 - 14:17.

#31 MickJones

MickJones

• 160 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 14:32

Does my bike look a little beat up in that pic? I'm holding my wrist too, i wonder if it's the last meeting of the year when Steve Traslers errant X7 collected me and broke my wrist( i didn't know it was bust till later, when i couldn't pick up my lager). Mind you, it looks like a warm one so it is unlikely to be late in the season....bloody memory :well:

#32 MickJones

MickJones

• 160 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 15:16

Now, let me see, who is Neverwas? Am i right in thinking that due to my detective work in your profile it's my old mate Mark Strong? The pic looks like him and he went to Oz in late 81, early 82, come on mate, own up and then i can tell everyone about the hairy ass competition, lol.

#33 Coupe Kawasaki

Coupe Kawasaki

• 1,501 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 15:26

Woweee, lol, that's a great pic of me and my mechanic next to my old mate Kieth Wray's van, i was in my hairy period then, lol, not surprising as i was a 250 proddy headbanger, that's my X7, it's definately 1980 as i was on a TZ in 81. Great pic, great memories, thank's for that.

Nice one Mick, got you for once Graham! :clap:

David

#34 Neverwas

Neverwas

• 2 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 07:34

I was the camera man and yes Mick, it is Mark. :wave:
I had forgotten about the hairy arse comp'.
As for the year, 1980 is in my head.
The meeting when Gary Noel turned up on the 1st LC
I had seen, untuned as there was no time.
He won & broke the lap record.

#35 MickJones

MickJones

• 160 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 15:26

Great to hear from you Mark, it's been a long time mate, any more pics, i'd love to see em. I'll PM you with my Email address mate, got some catching up to do.

#36 picblanc

picblanc

• 12,531 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 16:21

Nice one Mick, got you for once Graham! :clap:

David

Grrrrrr!!!!!! :p