Photo

Barrie Maskell's web site

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 F3Wrench

F3Wrench

• 98 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 14:50

After a quick visit to my former F3 pilote de course Barrie at his home in Norfolk, I just wanted to inform anyone interested he is now working on a website about his life in racing, from the year dot to the current day: www.barriemaskell.co.uk.

It is still very much work in progress, but Barrie has a contact form and a comments page if anyone wishes to give Barrie some feedback and welcomes any past racing pals to contact him, especially anyone with some more material for his website.

Advertisement

#2 arttidesco

arttidesco

• 6,709 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 19:18

It's an amazing read some fascinating insights into a very hungry Master James Hunt and for the lecherous pedant out there it currently gets as far as Barries experience on the beaches of Brazil, with photo's of some particularly curvy models the like of which I do not recall seeing either at Severn Beach or even Weston-Super-Mare ! :up:

Edited by arttidesco, 06 December 2010 - 19:42.

#3 paulsenna1

paulsenna1

• 265 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 22:04

It's a fabulous website in progress.

#4 pete53

pete53

• 726 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 22:47

In the "Formula 3" page on his website Barrie mentions his race at Croft on May 8th 1965 and says "annoyingly I can't remember who won". Well here's the answer .. Jim Moore was outright winner in a Cooper Ford ahead of Tony Dean's Lotus Ford (23 I think). Barrie was second in the F3 class (9th overall) in the Brabham behind Mervyn Long in a Lotus Ford.

#5 arttidesco

arttidesco

• 6,709 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 01:21

In the "Formula 3" page on his website Barrie mentions his race at Croft on May 8th 1965 and says "annoyingly I can't remember who won". Well here's the answer .. Jim Moore was outright winner in a Cooper Ford ahead of Tony Dean's Lotus Ford (23 I think). Barrie was second in the F3 class (9th overall) in the Brabham behind Mervyn Long in a Lotus Ford.

TNF refreshes the parts other beers can't reach :clap:

#6 Bjorn Kjer

Bjorn Kjer

• 3,682 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 05:35

Great website , ehhh wasn't his name Melvyn ?

#7 pete53

pete53

• 726 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 17:26

Great website , ehhh wasn't his name Melvyn ?

Yep, I have just checked and you are right, it was Melvyn.
Pete

#8 arttidesco

arttidesco

• 6,709 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 19:56

Yep, I have just checked and you are right, it was Melvyn.
Pete

TNF refreshes the parts other beers can't reach ... eventually :smoking: