Indy Accom

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bigrobmac

bigrobmac

• 4 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 01:59

Hi,

I am going to the Indianapolis 500 for the first time this year, and am having trouble working out the best place to stay. I was wondering if anyone has any advice?

I am looking for the cheapest comfortable accommodation available, if that makes sense! Preferably with reasonable access to the circuit, although I will have a car, so within 20 miles or so.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Rob

Advertisement

#2 Talking Point

Talking Point

• 201 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 12:43

Hi,

I went to the 2006 United States Grand Prix and I stayed in the Wingate Inn.

http://www.wingateho...mp;brandInfo=WG

It's about a 10-15 minute drive from the circuit, and fortunately for me the lovely young ladies that worked for the Formula BMW USA series ended up giving me lifts there and back every day, after I'd got chatting to them over breakfast on the first morning. :clap: :lol:

The hotel was cheap but very nice. The bedroom was comfortable, they had free business centre with computers to use for internet, excellent buffet-breakfast included in the price. I would strongly recommend that you try this hotel; if I ever go back to Indy then I'll be sure to go back there myself. :up:

#3 bigrobmac

bigrobmac

• 4 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 00:37

Thanks for the tip. Sounds like you had a great time! The lift to the circuit would be particularly useful, as my plans have changed and I will have to get there by public transport...

I've checked and it's sold out, though. It's more expensive than I would prefer, too; somewhere half that price would be more suitable!

#4 Talking Point

Talking Point

• 201 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 13:33

In which case I'm afraid I can't offer any further advice; best of luck though mate. :wave: