Photo

Cheetah

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#1 Jose

Jose

• 89 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 21:35

It would be great if there was a book or someone would think of doing one on the Cheetah. Despite having a Low Number being built, there have been other vehicles that are less known and have had less cars built that have books/dvds on them. Nice would be to see A Cheetah Book/DVD.

Brgds,

Jose

Advertisement

#2 fbarrett

fbarrett

• 1,170 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 22:19

Jose:

Unfortunately, the small market won't support much of a Cheetah book, but it's mentioned in the books Modern Classics (2 pages) by Rich Taylor and in Vintage American Road Racing Cars by Pace and Brinker (one-half page). Both books also cover scores of other small-production race cars, so they are worth finding. The Cheetah may have had more coverage in Vintage Motorsport magazine.

Frank

#3 RA Historian

RA Historian

• 3,833 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 22:28

Frank is spot on. Cranking out a book is the easy part. Getting it published is the trick. When I started searching out a publisher for my first effort, I found that the standard reponse I received was 'too small a potential audience for the subject'. It is one thing to get a book firm to publish a book about Cobra, Ferrari, or Porsche, but when it comes to a subject as limited as Cheetah I am afraid that the market simply is not there for the publisher to risk the investment. Sad but true.

Tom

#4 Jose

Jose

• 89 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 22:46

Frank is spot on. Cranking out a book is the easy part. Getting it published is the trick. When I started searching out a publisher for my first effort, I found that the standard reponse I received was 'too small a potential audience for the subject'. It is one thing to get a book firm to publish a book about Cobra, Ferrari, or Porsche, but when it comes to a subject as limited as Cheetah I am afraid that the market simply is not there for the publisher to risk the investment. Sad but true.

Tom

Tom/Frank

Guys, Very True.. I will give you a example: Scarab By Preston Lerner, Wonderful Book,Long out of print and I have a Copy. I had never heard of The Scarab before years back until I read it at the library(2004?)which oddly had a copy and then I brought it secondhand for $200+ on ebay. (2004)

Other Book That I love and Would recommend is Corvette Racing Legends:The Story of The L-88 Corvette by Dr. Peter "Pete" J. Gimenez. 2008,Vettura Publishing.

I guess there is always limited publishing(expensive to buy though) and self published.

Jose

Edited by Jose, 04 January 2010 - 22:46.

#5 helioseism

helioseism

• 1,429 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 04:10

Automobile Quarterly Vol. 19 No.3 has a good article on the Cheetah.

#6 garyfrogeye

garyfrogeye

• 627 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 09:07

Slightly off track but I remember seeing a photo of a Vauxhall protoype and thinking that it looked so similar to a Cheetah. I can scan an image when I get home.

#7 Duc-Man

Duc-Man

• 1,394 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 10:16

Are you talking about this?

Posted Image

Vauxhall XRV concept car from 1966

#8 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 80,238 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 10:20

Oh, that Cheetah...

Cheetah, of course, was the name of the cars built in Melbourne by Brian Shead. Very effective small racing cars, F3 and F2 in Australia, some converted to FAtlantic.

#9 garyfrogeye

garyfrogeye

• 627 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 10:30

Posted Image

Yes that's the one. What a shame that they never put it into production. I thing it looks wonderful.

#10 Sharman

Sharman

• 5,284 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 10:49

Ray
A long time ago on a circuit far far away, a couple of guys had a "Q" type MG. They took the engine out and stuck it into a little space frame chassis of their own devising. They called it Cheetah.
Somebody must have Oulton programmes recording this.
At the end of the eighties I met a young man Mark ?, a mechanic at the local Honda Dealer in Macclesfield who had inherited the Q type from his grandfather, I asked about the space frame but unfortunately he was not aware of it's existence, nor unhappily was he bothered enough to ask about it and he had no real interest, save pecuniary, in the "Q".
John

#11 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 80,238 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 11:07

You get that...

Mercenary types.

#12 RShaw

RShaw

• 139 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 20:11

A couple of photos of the other Cheetah, the one from California:

Road America, 1965

Posted Image

Continental Divide Raceway, 29 Sept. 1968. Driver, I believe, is Jim Phillips

Posted Image

#13 Jerry Entin

Jerry Entin

• 5,920 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 21:24

Posted Image
Ralph Salyer and Bud Clusserath Cheetahs
As seen in the garage area of Augusta International Raceway

photo- Richard Macon collection

#14 HistoricMustang

HistoricMustang

• 4,489 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 21:44

Jerry,
Was hoping you would share these. :clap:

Henry :wave:

#15 Robin Fairservice

Robin Fairservice

• 599 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 22:32

At the Westwood50 race meeting at Mission, in BC, in July 2009, there was a 1964 Cheetah entered by Fred Yeakel:

Posted Image

#16 CRX Lee

CRX Lee

• 37 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 03:12

Road America, 1965

Posted Image

In case anyone is interested, this photo is almost certainly Sam Goins or at least it is his car and he still owns it in essentially the same condition. It is shown in a photo here a few years ago at the Cincinnati concours: http://www.cincyconc...ls/DSC_4055.jpg

It has been a few years since I spoke to Sam but I know that he bought the car used in I think '65 and took delivery at Road America so this could be from his first weekend with it or possibly the last run of the previous owner. I wonder if he knows of this photo. Sam raced it a bit in SCCA club racing for a few years until deeming it outgunned by the more modern sports racers that ran his class. He put the car away and made almost no modifications to it and brings it our now and then to show. I was told that it is considered to be the or one of the most original Cheetahs remaining because he didn't try to update it nor was it crashed. He said that a toy company came and took very accurate measurements of his car once to make a Cheetah toy car from it. I always thought the Cheetahs were very cool and my stepfather used tell me great stories about them. After inspecting the driver's compartment close up, one is struck by how dedicated you must have been to drive one with about as low a score on the ergonomics scale as can be. Makes me yearn to fix my Devin, sane by comparison to the Cheetah.

#17 raceannouncer2003

raceannouncer2003

• 2,944 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 08:36

At the Westwood50 race meeting at Mission, in BC, in July 2009, there was a 1964 Cheetah entered by Fred Yeakel:

Posted Image

It was great to have Fred and daughter Jeni there with the Cheetah. Allen Grant, who drove the car in its first race, at Westwood in 1964, was also there, as was his mechanic, Larry Webb. Here is the link to Fred's website:

http://www.cheetahcars.com/index.htm

Vince H.

#18 Jose

Jose

• 89 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 13:25

In case anyone is interested, this photo is almost certainly Sam Goins or at least it is his car and he still owns it in essentially the same condition. It is shown in a photo here a few years ago at the Cincinnati concours: http://www.cincyconc...ls/DSC_4055.jpg

It has been a few years since I spoke to Sam but I know that he bought the car used in I think '65 and took delivery at Road America so this could be from his first weekend with it or possibly the last run of the previous owner. I wonder if he knows of this photo. Sam raced it a bit in SCCA club racing for a few years until deeming it outgunned by the more modern sports racers that ran his class. He put the car away and made almost no modifications to it and brings it our now and then to show. I was told that it is considered to be the or one of the most original Cheetahs remaining because he didn't try to update it nor was it crashed. He said that a toy company came and took very accurate measurements of his car once to make a Cheetah toy car from it. I always thought the Cheetahs were very cool and my stepfather used tell me great stories about them. After inspecting the driver's compartment close up, one is struck by how dedicated you must have been to drive one with about as low a score on the ergonomics scale as can be. Makes me yearn to fix my Devin, sane by comparison to the Cheetah.

Speaking of Devin, There is a new albeit short book (black&white) softcover on Devin and his cars is the title.

Another cool car that made an impression on this young mind was the Bocar I saw on display in the 06' or 07' gallery of legends @ Sebring 12hrs. Nice red race car.

Jose

#19 RA Historian

RA Historian

• 3,833 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 18:48

In case anyone is interested, this photo is almost certainly Sam Goins or at least it is his car and he still owns it in essentially the same condition.

Nope. This is Bud Clusseruth in the Cheetah. The event is the 1965 Road America 500. Clusseruth definitely was the driver. Goins may have taken possession at this event, but not until Clusseruth had driven it in the race.

Clusseruth received wide publicity in the enthusiasts' press for his actions in this race. There was a big crash in the Carousel, in fact right about where this photo was taken, that involved, among others, Jack Ensley in his Apache Special and Clinton Lindburg in an Elva. Ensley's car flipped and came down on top of Linburg's car. A fire immediately erupted. Clusseruth, coming through shortly after the huge fire started, immediately stopped his Cheetah and pulled Lindburg out of the flaming wreck. The race was red flagged. Having pulled Lindburg free and with the arrival of the rescue personnel, Clusseruth walked up the hill a ways and sat down in what shade he could find to await the restart. The rescue crews then noticed this Cheetah sitting there with no driver in it. The rescue workers then began a frantic search of the wreckage, thinking that somehow the driver of the Cheetah had gotten involved since he was not in his car. Finally, an amused Clusseruth ambled over and introduced himself to the safety crew, ending their panic at having 'lost' a driver.

Goins had the car at Road America some ten or so years ago, for the Sept. VSCDA vintage race, as I recall, and it was posed and photographed by a representative of Vintage Motorsport magazine for its "Pick of the Liter" spotlight sidebar. To my disappointment, the magazine then ran a story on another car and the short article on this Cheetah never appeared. Too bad, it would have been nice.

Tom

Edited by RA Historian, 06 January 2010 - 18:52.

Advertisement

#20 Jose

Jose

• 89 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 22:04

Nope. This is Bud Clusseruth in the Cheetah. The event is the 1965 Road America 500. Clusseruth definitely was the driver. Goins may have taken possession at this event, but not until Clusseruth had driven it in the race.

Clusseruth received wide publicity in the enthusiasts' press for his actions in this race. There was a big crash in the Carousel, in fact right about where this photo was taken, that involved, among others, Jack Ensley in his Apache Special and Clinton Lindburg in an Elva. Ensley's car flipped and came down on top of Linburg's car. A fire immediately erupted. Clusseruth, coming through shortly after the huge fire started, immediately stopped his Cheetah and pulled Lindburg out of the flaming wreck. The race was red flagged. Having pulled Lindburg free and with the arrival of the rescue personnel, Clusseruth walked up the hill a ways and sat down in what shade he could find to await the restart. The rescue crews then noticed this Cheetah sitting there with no driver in it. The rescue workers then began a frantic search of the wreckage, thinking that somehow the driver of the Cheetah had gotten involved since he was not in his car. Finally, an amused Clusseruth ambled over and introduced himself to the safety crew, ending their panic at having 'lost' a driver.

Goins had the car at Road America some ten or so years ago, for the Sept. VSCDA vintage race, as I recall, and it was posed and photographed by a representative of Vintage Motorsport magazine for its "Pick of the Liter" spotlight sidebar. To my disappointment, the magazine then ran a story on another car and the short article on this Cheetah never appeared. Too bad, it would have been nice.

Tom

Tom,

Great info thanks.

I have a 1/43 Resin Model(came built not a kit) from Spark Models of the #26 So-Cal Roadster. it's beautiful. I am happy Spark makes them now. there were expensive builts and kits of the car.

Jose

#21 Jose

Jose

• 89 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 22:05

You get that...

Mercenary types.

Ron,

Cool pictures thanks!

Who is that in the orangish colored Mid Year 'Vette with spoiler? and the vette beside it? Thanks

Jose

#22 RA Historian

RA Historian

• 3,833 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 22:08

I have a 1/43 Resin Model(came built not a kit) from Spark Models of the #26 So-Cal Roadster.

That's the Cro-Sal Roadster, Jose. Cro for Gene Crowe, Ralph Salyer's long time engineer and chief wrench, and Sal, of course, for Ralph Salyer. Salyer found that the Cheetah coupe was just too hot inside so they lopped the top off.
Tom

Edited by RA Historian, 06 January 2010 - 22:09.

#23 Jose

Jose

• 89 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 22:21

That's the Cro-Sal Roadster, Jose. Cro for Gene Crowe, Ralph Salyer's long time engineer and chief wrench, and Sal, of course, for Ralph Salyer. Salyer found that the Cheetah coupe was just too hot inside so they lopped the top off.
Tom

Sorry that was a typo on my behalf. that's what I Meant.. :)

They also have the #14 Blue Coupe(before the roadster)

and Red Car, not Fred Yeakel's though.

Jose

#24 Jose

Jose

• 89 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 22:23

Posted Image

that's a sweeeeet Car!

reminds me of the other cool GM Concepts,The Holden Car and Vauxhall.. There is two small pics of Holden Midengine Concept in the Camaro Book By Edsall.2008,MBI.

Jose

#25 vintagecon

vintagecon

• 16 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 22:47

Two images from Nürburgring oldtimer grand prix 1995. I dont know very much about this Cheetah, it was entered by an Austrian named R.E Hofer.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#26 Jose

Jose

• 89 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 23:17

Two images from Nürburgring oldtimer grand prix 1995. I dont know very much about this Cheetah, it was entered by an Austrian named R.E Hofer.

Posted Image

Posted Image

That's sweet, I am wondering if that is a Replica? A company out there that is in business makes replicas.

Or an Original? since less than 20? Approx. Were Made?

Jose

#27 RA Historian

RA Historian

• 3,833 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 01:07

Sorry that was a typo on my behalf. that's what I Meant.. :)Jose

I figured as much Jose. But there is natural confusion involved since So Cal also connotes the southern California hot rod, dry lakes, etc., scene.

Tom

#28 RShaw

RShaw

• 139 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 02:07

Ron,

Cool pictures thanks!

Who is that in the orangish colored Mid Year 'Vette with spoiler? and the vette beside it? Thanks

Jose

Jose,
Sorry, I don't know who is in either of those 'Vettes.
Ron Shaw

#29 Duc-Man

Duc-Man

• 1,394 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 10:02

By the way. I saw a Cheetah in the pits at the Nürburgring OGP last year. Unfortunately I have no information about it at all.
I don't even know if it raced or not.

Posted Image

#30 eldougo

eldougo

• 9,355 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 10:15

I love those cars i had a one as a slot a car when i was a kid light blue , one of my best cars.I saw one in the states may years later on the road,still looks good to me.

#31 RA Historian

RA Historian

• 3,833 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 18:17

By the way. I saw a Cheetah in the pits at the Nürburgring OGP last year. Unfortunately I have no information about it at all.
I don't even know if it raced or not.

Posted Image

Looks like one of the new replicas being built.
Tom

#32 helioseism

helioseism

• 1,429 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 00:34

Just ran across this web site which may be of interest. Check out the pictures section.

#33 Jose

Jose

• 89 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 02:35

Just ran across this web site which may be of interest. Check out the pictures section.

Yep that's Fred Yeakel's Site. I brought A Cool T-shirt from there.

Jose

#34 B Squared

B Squared

• 7,347 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 12:26

Before Bill Thomas produced his 1964 Cheetah there was a special -- well remembered in mid-1950s American road racing -- that carried the name Cheetah. Built by John Plaisted in 1954, and raced by John and his son Stutz well into the 1960s, the Plaisted Cheetah was a classic example of an American special developed specifically for road racing. It was based on a 1952 Ford chassis and powered by a 331 cubic inch Cadillac engine with four two-barrel Ford carburetors on an Edelbrock manifold. It had a LaSalle three-speed transmission and a Frankland quick-change rear end.

In this photo, the Cheetah is seen on the pace lap for the 1955 Seneca Cup at Watkins Glen. The Seneca Cup was a popular race at the annual Watkins Glen Grand Prix in September. It was an unrestricted -- or Formula Libre -- event and, as such, featured interesting and varied cars. The Cheetah is on the inside of the second row (second car from the left in the photo). The field featured some other interesting cars (including the pace car -- the Tipo Italiano Chrysler-powered Falcon) with the ex-Erwin Goldschmidt Cadillac Allard JR -- owned and driven by Bob Bucher -- on the front row alongside the Maserati V8RI of Phil Cade. The photo features two of the only four V8RIs produced. Cade's car is chassis 4501 -- at this point in its life powered by a Chrysler engine. Directly behind Cade is George Weaver in his Maserati V8RI (4504). Finally, on the far left -- just exiting Townsend corner on the 4.6 mile interim road course -- is yet another hybrid special with important connections to the history of post-war American road racing, the ex-Miles Collier Ardent Alligator (a 1929 Brooklands Riley fitted with a flat-head V-8 Mercury engine) owned and driven by George B. Rabe.

In the second photo is an original Bill Thomas 1964 Cheetah as lovingly restored by John Mayer over a four-year period. Accounts differ as to how many of these cars were actually completed by Thomas -- some experts put the number at 17 -- before the factory burned to the ground. This Cheetah had a short life as a road racer before moving to the drag strip for most of its competitive career in period. After suffering some minimal fire damage in competition the car languished in a barn in Iowa before being saved by Mayer. In this photo the Mayer Racing Cheetah is enjoying a second racing life in the hands of Mike Argetsinger at Road America in the Brian Redman International Challenge at Road America in July 2006. Thanks for your interest. Brian Brown

Posted Image

Posted Image

#35 garyfrogeye

garyfrogeye

• 627 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 13:25

Slightly (very) off topic. here is another Cheetah from a similare era. A kit car produced by Watford Sports Cars Ltd. designed to use ford parts.
As an aside, I own what I believe to be the very same Sprite hardtop shown in the advert.

Posted Image

Edited by garyfrogeye, 10 January 2010 - 13:26.

#36 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 80,238 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 21:37

Originally posted by B Squared
Before Bill Thomas produced his 1964 Cheetah there was a special -- well remembered in mid-1950s American road racing -- that carried the name Cheetah. Built by John Plaisted in 1954, and raced by John and his son Stutz well into the 1960s, the Plaisted Cheetah was a classic example of an American special developed specifically for road racing. It was based on a 1952 Ford chassis and powered by a 331 cubic inch Cadillac engine with four two-barrel Ford carburetors on an Edelbrock manifold. It had a LaSalle three-speed transmission and a Frankland quick-change rear end.

In this photo, the Cheetah is seen on the pace lap for the 1955 Seneca Cup at Watkins Glen. The Seneca Cup was a popular race at the annual Watkins Glen Grand Prix in September. It was an unrestricted -- or Formula Libre -- event and, as such, featured interesting and varied cars. The Cheetah is on the inside of the second row (second car from the left in the photo). The field featured some other interesting cars (including the pace car -- the Tipo Italiano Chrysler-powered Falcon) with the ex-Erwin Goldschmidt Cadillac Allard JR -- owned and driven by Bob Bucher -- on the front row alongside the Maserati V8RI of Phil Cade. The photo features two of the only four V8RIs produced. Cade's car is chassis 4501 -- at this point in its life powered by a Chrysler engine. Directly behind Cade is George Weaver in his Maserati V8RI (4504). Finally, on the far left -- just exiting Townsend corner on the 4.6 mile interim road course -- is yet another hybrid special with important connections to the history of post-war American road racing, the ex-Miles Collier Ardent Alligator (a 1929 Brooklands Riley fitted with a flat-head V-8 Mercury engine) owned and driven by George B. Rabe.....

Nice to see some US Specials on here, there's just not enough of them make it!

What a mix! '52 Ford chassis, probably considered fairly up to date in its day, I wonder if it was shortened?

Posted Image

I guess it had the La Salle gearbox because by the time the 331 ohv V8 was introduced manual gearboxes were somewhat passé with Caddy buyers? Or maybe the ratios were dreadfully out of whack? Now I think of it, I recall seeing a 3-speed Caddy manual trans in the pile at Frank Tonitto's place a couple of years ago, it was undoubtedly from the fifties.

The carby and manifold bear testimony to the aftermarket industry's developing interest in the ohv V8s, but was it a devil to tune?

Nice stuff, let's have more of it!

.....In the second photo is an original Bill Thomas 1964 Cheetah as lovingly restored by John Mayer over a four-year period. Accounts differ as to how many of these cars were actually completed by Thomas -- some experts put the number at 17 -- before the factory burned to the ground. This Cheetah had a short life as a road racer before moving to the drag strip for most of its competitive career in period. After suffering some minimal fire damage in competition the car languished in a barn in Iowa before being saved by Mayer. In this photo the Mayer Racing Cheetah is enjoying a second racing life in the hands of Mike Argetsinger at Road America in the Brian Redman International Challenge at Road America in July 2006. Thanks for your interest.

Always looked a great 'no compromises' car, I recall well reading about them in SCG when they were first built... they were such a businesslike thing. Funnily enough, there are some similarly businesslike front engined cars in the You Tube link posted yesterday by Repco Von Brabham (the 'Not the Can-Am' thread).

Thanks very much for the pics Brian and Mike.

#37 Jose

Jose

• 89 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 22:21

Slightly (very) off topic. here is another Cheetah from a similare era. A kit car produced by Watford Sports Cars Ltd. designed to use ford parts.
As an aside, I own what I believe to be the very same Sprite hardtop shown in the advert.

Posted Image

Not O/T. It's a Cheetah,Not the same Cheetah but a Cheetah nonetheless.

:wave:

#38 Tom Glowacki

Tom Glowacki

• 525 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 23:01

Posted Image

Teh Fred Yeakel Cheetah made "Pick of theLiter" in Jan/Feb issue of Vintage Motorsport, p. 110.

#39 Kevan

Kevan

• 518 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 06:20

Not O/T. It's a Cheetah,Not the same Cheetah but a Cheetah nonetheless.

:wave:

Funnily enough, the first thing I thought of when I saw the thread title was this...

http://i88.servimg.c...27/john_s10.jpg

...the 1980's Aston-Martin-engined Group C car, built in Switzerland IIRC? I think there was an earlier Cosworth-powered car as well?

Advertisement

#40 raceannouncer2003

raceannouncer2003

• 2,944 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 04:05

From the Westwood 50 reunion at Mission, B.C. last July...Larry Webb at the wheel, Fred Yeakel holding the door, Allen Grant, with white Cheetah t-shirt, partially hidden by the door:

Posted Image

Vince H.

#41 HistoricMustang

HistoricMustang

• 4,489 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 10:18

Love the car, those wheels and that racing helmet!

Henry :wave:

#42 Robin Fairservice

Robin Fairservice

• 599 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 16:04

Where did your picture go to Vince?

#43 B Squared

B Squared

• 7,347 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 16:22

Where did your picture go to Vince?

I see his picture and links on my system, if this is of any help to you. Brian

#44 manitouguy

manitouguy

• 14 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 16:38

Hi all, very interesting thread - thanks for the posts !

Although i have never had the luxury of seeing one in person - i like many find the cheetah a beautiful looking machine.

Here is a link for any others interested, to my blog - to a section i had for the cheetah - a grab bag of info (a mix of slot cars in restoration, a couple of magazine ads from back in the day, an old 'classified ad or two' etc etc.

cheers, Ron

cheetah pot pourri :)

#45 Robin Fairservice

Robin Fairservice

• 599 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 18:42

Thanks. it is there now.

#46 S&M Minis

S&M Minis

• 102 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 19:21

The Bud Clusseruth car at Mid Ohio in 1965 or 1966. I believe this was an SCCA National event. In the second picture I like the Dzus buttons lined up on the cowl behind the fuel injection. That's a guaranteed quick trip to oblivion on my race cars! I still have a 1/24th scale Cheetah model (by Cox?) that I painted but never assembled.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by S&M Minis, 28 January 2010 - 19:24.

#47 RA Historian

RA Historian

• 3,833 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 01:28

Probably 1965, Randy, as Clusseruth was running a McKee Mk VI as early as June, 1966.
Tom

#48 roamic

roamic

• 26 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 05:47

"cheetah pot pourri :)"

In the second page on that link, there's a car at the lower right. That's not a Cheetah is it? I've never seen a Cheetah with a Kamm rear end?

#49 manitouguy

manitouguy

• 14 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 16:42

interesting, i had not noticed that before

as that article, or the photos there at least appear to be very early shots, perhaps it was an earlier example that never materialized? or some type of special they were working on concurrently -

i am sure we will here from others here what it was!

cheers, Ron

#50 Bob Riebe

Bob Riebe

• 3,024 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 11:52

"cheetah pot pourri :)"

In the second page on that link, there's a car at the lower right. That's not a Cheetah is it? I've never seen a Cheetah with a Kamm rear end?

It is the Cheetah II street car that died with the shop fire.
Bob