Photo

PS 1-F1 1997...Anyone up for some laptimes?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 tom

tom

• 3,474 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 22:19

I haven't played it for awhile, but would be keen to trade laptimes with any1 interested. F197 was always a good game, and a few of us on here used to have a championship of qualifying at all the tracks on the calendar. Or even a race in the same car and see where people end up.

Advertisement

#2 Tenmantaylor

Tenmantaylor

• 18,124 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 00:54

If I still had my PS1 (got left at a uni house I think) I would, I loved that game. Really enjoyed the Argentinean track and Nurburgring. Always remember the way Martin Brundle used to prounounce "Hetzenbach Boden" when approaching that corner lol.

#3 tom

tom

• 3,474 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 01:04

Yeah i was always hopeless at argentina, a great game alright, all the game's they made for playstation from 98 til about 02 were solid CRAP! Real arcade type, clip the grass while hard on the gas and the car would barely step out.

Anyway i started a championship on expert mode the other night having half length races, in the sauber i got pole at melbourne with a 1:24.6, then was romping away at about 2 seconds a lap, then forgot to pit and ran out of gas haha. Off to brazil tonight.

Edited by tom, 12 January 2010 - 01:05.

#4 DemonH720

DemonH720

• 37 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 05:00

Ah yes, surely the best of the PS1 generation of Formula One Games. I'll have to dig it out, as I seem to remember it being much more difficult than some other games (such as EAs 2000 effort) and I also liked the stuff like bonus track, 60s silverstone, Wipeout mode and PacMan Murray and Martin on commentary that were obtained from Cheat Codes that you entered in place of driver names (changing names, I feature I do sorta miss from those games). :rotfl:

#5 tom

tom

• 3,474 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 08:07

I'm up for some competition Demon if you manage to dig it out, yea the bonus tracks are good too, got adelaide in there too.
Qualified 12th in the sauber at brazil, 1:12.8 haha haven't played it for years so i'm kinda learning the track and qualifying at same time, hard to get each corner right, finished 8th in the the race, I don't know what the other drivers are up to though! (Half length races and they're stopping 3 times???). Qualified last at argentina, quit out in the end after a few to many spins and battling with the arrows.

#6 UPRC

UPRC

• 4,716 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 09:44

I believe that I've long since lost this game, but I do miss it sorely. It was certainly more fun that F1 World Championship (or whatever the Playstation 3 version is called) or F1 2009 on my PSP.

#7 tom

tom

• 3,474 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 10:21

Ahh and some of the old competition comes back to the table  ;)

#8 UPRC

UPRC

• 4,716 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 10:57

Ahh and some of the old competition comes back to the table ;)

Yeah! It's great to know that someone else here still thinks highly of F1 '97, too. I really do miss this game, it gave me a lot of great memories. I miss hearing Murray Walker's commentating during live races too, so it would be really fantastic to hear him again in some form.

I haven't played F1 '97 in eight, nine years or so now, and I'm really starting to get the itch again. Maybe I'll track the game down on Amazon or eBay.

#9 UPRC

UPRC

• 4,716 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 15:06

Well, I ordered this off of eBay. It was pretty difficult to find! It shipped a few days ago, so hopefully it arrives soon.

I was watching videos on YouTube and wow, do the cars ever look horrible by today's standards!