#1 SAFC09

SAFC09

• 266 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 11:28

Don't mince your words Lewis

:lol:

Link

I can't wait for next year :D

Edited by SAFC09, 08 January 2010 - 11:30.

Advertisement

#2 Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast
  • Paddock Club Host

• 9,653 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 11:32

Do we really have to bring the drivers' sex lives into it?

#3 screamingV16

screamingV16

• 1,365 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 11:33

....I can't wait for next year :D

Why, what's happening in 2011?

#4 timba

timba

• 170 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 11:34

Lewis will be reunited with his old pal at Ferrari after being "blown away" by Jenson :clap: :clap:

#5 zoombie

zoombie

• 451 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 11:34

Didn't you hear, DD is being ban from next yr.

#6 Tract1on

Tract1on

• 330 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 11:36

Unbelievable. Lewis is such a cocky little muppet sometimes!
They were evenly matched all year until the end of the season when i believe Mclaren started favouring Lewis.
Im also sure if Alonso hadnt shared his setups and data with Lewis he would have found himself well behind Alonso..

Don't mince your words Lewis

Link

#7 zoombie

zoombie

• 451 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 11:37

Lewis will be reunited with his old pal at Ferrari after being "blown away" by Jenson :clap: :clap:

If he got blown away by Jenson, why would ferrari wants him? The only reason why Lewis moves to Ferrari is due to Mclaren failure and he blown away Jenson :p

#8 Gareth

Gareth
  • RC Forum Host

• 27,613 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 11:38

Score another own goal for Hamilton's PR. It'd be comical if it wasn't so frequent.

#9 SAFC09

SAFC09

• 266 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 11:38

Season then, smart alec  ;)

#10 Tract1on

Tract1on

• 330 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 11:39

Score another own goal for Hamilton's PR. It'd be comical if it wasn't so frequent.

+100 :lol:

#11 Mauseri

Mauseri

• 7,644 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 11:42

They were evenly matched all year until the end of the season when i believe Mclaren started favouring Lewis.
Im also sure if Alonso hadnt shared his setups and data with Lewis he would have found himself well behind Alonso..

Most of the time they were evenly matched, it's hard to really make any difference between the two. And I think Lewis has improved since 2007.

#12 One

One

• 6,527 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 11:44

Lewis is afraid of Button, that is what I think of it.

#13 Gilles4Ever

Gilles4Ever
  • RC Forum Admin

• 24,873 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 11:45

Just when you start warming to the guy and look past the crap to see the talent that is Lewis Hamilton he opens his mouth

#14 BinaryDad

BinaryDad

• 1,017 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 11:45

I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of anti-Hamilton F1 fans suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.

#15 pikamoku

pikamoku

• 440 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 11:46

:rotfl: nice Hammy :love:

big mouth strikes again

wasn't it a song?

#16 Bonaventura

Bonaventura

• 7,698 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 11:47

Lewis only speaks out, what he thinks
not the idle talk of the other puppets
rare enough we hear the personal opinion of some drivers.

#17 MortenF1

MortenF1

• 23,754 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 11:47

I agree, Hamilton can be a cocky muppet, but he's atleast half-right here. (Even if I don't really see any reason to take this discussion once again....) He matched his double world champion team-mate in his rookie season, and with the common knowledge that progression is biggest between your rookie season and your second season, it wouldn't be an outlandish suggestion saying that Hamilton might be the better driver.
And yes, perhaps he would've suffered (indeed likely) had Alonso refused to share data and set-ups, but that doesn't really matter; Hamilton copied it or moved in the same direction and lapped faster or as fast.

#18 craftverk

craftverk

• 2,810 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 11:49

If this is true, then that would mean Hamilton is not a PR robot?

#19 Gareth

Gareth
  • RC Forum Host

• 27,613 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 11:52

He matched his double world champion team-mate in his rookie season, and with the common knowledge that progression is biggest between your rookie season and your second season, it wouldn't be an outlandish suggestion saying that Hamilton might be the better driver.

Exactly - if the "beat Alonso" and "blew him away" section of this interview were replaced with him saying how fantastic Alonso was and that he matched him in his rookie season then Hamilton could have acheived the duel goal of bigging himself up (and in a way no one could disagree with really, matching Alonso is a fantastic feat) whilst seeming magnanimous. Instead he has to go for the hyperbole and make himself look like a tit.

Advertisement

#20 Bonaventura

Bonaventura

• 7,698 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 11:55

If this is true, then that would mean Hamilton is not a PR robot?

In that interview you hear Lewis himself speaking
nobody there who told him what to say
this is refreshing real.

He defends his point of view
isn't it this,everybody should do?

#21 Sisplatin

Sisplatin

• 501 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 11:55

i dont know what is wrong with what he is saying

#22 JPW

JPW

• 3,335 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 11:56

Full (audio) interview is on the Johnnie Walker site, maybe he was having a little of his sponsor's stuff himself when making this statement?

http://www.johnniewa.../lewishamilton/

well done Lewis :lol:

#23 BinaryDad

BinaryDad

• 1,017 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 11:57

Instead he has to go for the hyperbole and make himself look like a tit.

That depends on your point of view, really. Personaly, I think it's absolutely hilarious and is really no worse than any other self-promotion that a F1 driver comes up with. Don't get me wrong, I don't think that Hamilton blew Alonso away but at the same, I don't think it's that big a deal.

At least his belief/opinion is based somewhat on facts (coming before Alonso in the rankings in 2007).

#24 hunnylander

hunnylander

• 4,448 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 11:58

This is not PR, this is him alone.

He's criticized for that when he's kind wording and respectful, he's criticized when he's free speaking. I know countless quotes from Raikkönen, Massa, Alonso, Button which could be criticized as much, but when e.g. Raikkönen speaks freely, he's such a cool guy. Also Button; "I'm the best driver ever", so cool, he's so funny. Massa has said his dumbest words ever in the last months, but he's so cool.

Hamilton was right! Alonso was favoured for the half of the season, and it wasn't enough for him to beat a rookie.

#25 Tract1on

Tract1on

• 330 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 12:00

Ohh i got to listen to this :lol:

Full (audio) interview is on the Johnnie Walker site, maybe he was having a little of his sponsor's stuff himself when making this statement?

http://www.johnniewa.../lewishamilton/

well done Lewis :lol:

#26 Gareth

Gareth
  • RC Forum Host

• 27,613 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 12:02

That depends on your point of view, really. Personaly, I think it's absolutely hilarious and is really no worse than any other self-promotion that a F1 driver comes up with. Don't get me wrong, I don't think that Hamilton blew Alonso away but at the same, I don't think it's that big a deal.

At least his belief/opinion is based somewhat on facts (coming before Alonso in the rankings in 2007).

I don't think it's that big a deal either. F1 drivers make silly statements all the time. I still think it makes him look like a tit though - but maybe that expression has a softer "have a chuckle at him and move on" meaning for me than you :)

#27 SAFC09

SAFC09

• 266 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 12:02

In that interview you hear Lewis himself speaking
nobody there who told him what to say
this is refreshing real.

He defends his point of view
isn't it this,everybody should do?

+1

I don't think he blew him away on track

But he certainly blew him away straight back into the arms of Flav :lol:

#28 Mackey

Mackey

• 1,567 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 12:06

Well... he´s lying, but we already knew Lewislikes to lie ;)

#29 The July Plot

The July Plot

• 484 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 12:07

People moan if drivers are sterile pr monkeys....and then they moan when they speak their minds! Crazy lol

#30 as65p

as65p

• 26,207 posts

Exactly - if the "beat Alonso" and "blew him away" section of this interview were replaced with him saying how fantastic Alonso was and that he matched him in his rookie season then Hamilton could have acheived the duel goal of bigging himself up (and in a way no one could disagree with really, matching Alonso is a fantastic feat) whilst seeming magnanimous. Instead he has to go for the hyperbole and make himself look like a tit.

Yep.

Ah well, if he makes even people that are normally supportive cringe, I guess I should say something nice for a change: he hasn't sunken one bit in my opinion because of this interview.

;)

#31 Sisplatin

Sisplatin

• 501 posts

+1

I don't think he blew him away on track

But he certainly blew him away straight back into the arms of Flav :lol:

yup thats is what happened
Everyone expected Alonso to beat Lewis badly
But it turned Alonso Crumbled under pressure and lost it to a Total Noob
So there is no wrong in saying this :clap:

#32 UprightRacer

UprightRacer

• 93 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 12:09

i love it, racing drivers need to be more like this. lets get some fighting talk, spice it up a little, thumbs up. kimi left F1 due to people chaseing every word said in pr. lets not make f1 dull guys, only boaring people nit pik every little sentence..... its a little sad :S .... no very sad,...

needs to be more like MotoGP...

#33 Sisplatin

Sisplatin

• 501 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 12:10

People moan if drivers are sterile pr monkeys....and then they moan when they speak their minds! Crazy lol

correction >> They moan when they speak about their favorite driver! Crazy lol :lol:

#34 timba

timba

• 170 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 12:11

There's a grey area you know. But for some reason, Hamilton falls in both extremes. :drunk:

#35 PNSD

PNSD

• 3,276 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 12:12

But its Lewis. If he had a hair out of place then people on this forum would find out about it and use it against him ;-)!

#36 Arion

Arion

• 2,444 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 12:18

:lol: More of it pls Lewis!

I still can't believe he actually said that

#37 Slowinfastout

Slowinfastout

• 9,681 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 12:24

It's true though... Alonso even got blown all the way to the inferior Renault team! :lol:

#38 ZZMS

ZZMS

• 1,645 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 12:28

he definitely rattled Alonso and blew him away from McLaren.

#39 Hole

Hole

• 2,232 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 12:33

No pal, it was Ron who blew Alonso away. :wave:

Advertisement

#40 Coral

Coral

• 6,788 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 12:33

Lewis is just speaking his mind, nothing wrong with that. No need to criticise him just because he is not saying what you want to hear. At least Lewis says what he thinks instead of just smiling and saying absolutely nothing like most of the bland bores on the F1 grid.

Go Lewis! :) :up:

Edited by Coral, 08 January 2010 - 12:35.

#41 kosmos

kosmos

• 11,902 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 12:34

He blew everyone in china. That was a brillant race. :rotfl: . He should give more credit to Alonso and all that he learned and copied from him in 2007.

#42 Muzzinho

Muzzinho

• 385 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 12:34

What more can you expect from Blewis. Acting like a total **** is his specialty.

He continues his long tradiion of lying.

These kind of qoutes usually come back to haunt the person who spoke them.

Hes setting him self up for a huge fall this season.

This is going to be fun.

#43 dabrasco

dabrasco

• 2,170 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 12:35

lol epic thread in the making... cant believe he actually said that :rotfl: ...listening to the interview now, he is mainly talking bout his competitive streak

#44 Galko877

Galko877

• 4,249 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 12:38

Wow! This thread has potential! :lol:

#45 wingwalker

wingwalker

• 7,238 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 12:40

Erm, Lewis is a fantastic driver but I guess he lives in somewhat of a bubble, I thought that last year might help him grow up from that but it hasn't happened (yet?) I guess. "I blew him away" seems to come from the same port of his mind which gave some hysterically off the mark explanation on how he hit Kimi in Canada in 2008 - don't recall the actual quote but he said that it's less of a mistake than crashing out of the race in a normal manner or something like that. And as it's been said, he doesn't need to say things like that when he talks about 2007 - even with the mistakes, he did a fantastic job that year, but no, he didn't 'blow' Alonso 'away'.

#46 Orin

Orin

• 8,444 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 12:40

Pretty honest appraisal from Lewis given it was his rookie season - and it made me grin! :D

Next season's shaping up nicely. :clap:

#47 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,447 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 12:41

This is not PR, this is him alone.

He's criticized for that when he's kind wording and respectful, he's criticized when he's free speaking. I know countless quotes from Raikkönen, Massa, Alonso, Button which could be criticized as much, but when e.g. Raikkönen speaks freely, he's such a cool guy. Also Button; "I'm the best driver ever", so cool, he's so funny. Massa has said his dumbest words ever in the last months, but he's so cool.

Not entirely correct - with Kimi it is definitely the "Kimi cool" ("I was having a ****!") and I never heard Kimi compare himself in such ways with another driver. With Button you cannot be sure if it was not meant ironic, and with Massa in the last months there were a number of comments that he only voices forth in that way since he got the screw on his head.

That leaves Lewis in a class of his own, or in the class of Senna ("I am as good as Senna!")...

Hamilton was right! Alonso was favoured for the half of the season, and it wasn't enough for him to beat a rookie.

It rather seems they were treated equally up to Hungary and then Lewis was favoured for the rest of the season ("We are racing Alonso!")...

#48 Sausage

Sausage

• 1,820 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 12:42

Posted Image

OH U! :lol:

#49 ensign14

ensign14

• 62,007 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 12:43

Wayyy to take a throwaway sentence in an interview that sounds like it lasted for about a zillion hours and decide that was the whole point of it.

#50 Rob

Rob

• 9,223 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 12:44

It rather seems they were treated equally up to Hungary and then Lewis was favoured for the rest of the season ("We are racing Alonso!")...

Ron was calling Lewis' strategy, that's why he said that. If someone had asked Martin Whitmarsh, who I believe was calling Alonso's strategy, he likely would have said "We are racing Lewis."