Photo

Did Häkkinen crash in 2000?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 fines

fines

• 9,647 posts

Posted 14 November 2000 - 21:51

I just posted this question in the RC forum as I thought it was the proper place, but in spite of getting 15 replies in two and a half hours the content was nil! Just rubbish as to whether Mika was better than Michael was better than David etc... Strange people over there!

So here goes again: Recently I thought about the last season and it appeared to me that Mika Häkkinen did not have a single accident throughout the year, neither in race, qualifying, practice nor testing. Can anyone confirm this?

Advertisement

#2 mhferrari

mhferrari

• 3,238 posts

Posted 15 November 2000 - 01:02

No. He did not crash.

#3 fines

fines

• 9,647 posts

Posted 15 November 2000 - 21:43

Sounds pretty amazing, doesn't it? Here's a world class driver, fighting for the championship and in the course of one complete year he doesn't put a foot wrong (discounting a couple of spins, maybe). Good job!

#4 MattFoster

MattFoster

• 4,831 posts

Posted 15 November 2000 - 23:17

Fines,

It sure is feral in the RC.

It is an amazing feat by Mika to go through the whole season without a single off. Well done.

Cheers
Matt

#5 Per Swanholm (Ferrari)

Per Swanholm (Ferrari)

• 35 posts

Posted 17 November 2000 - 13:39

I´m not quite sure, but I think he may have crashed during qualifying for the Ausralian Grand Prix this year. But as I just said, I´m not really sure.

#6 fines

fines

• 9,647 posts

Posted 17 November 2000 - 19:37

Coulthard crashed in the closing minutes of Oz qualifying, and Mika during free practice in 1999. Maybe you got that confused?