Photo

Chat with Fernando Alonso on January 18th

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 bl-f1

bl-f1

• 1,087 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 21:40

Ferrari has organized a chat with Fernando Alonso tomorrow, January 18th, at 3 PM on their website. A similar chat was organized with Stefano Domenically and he was available for about 30 minutes of live chat. I personally have welcomed the opportunity to post a couple of questions.

There is no specific argument to be had about this right now, but perhaps this would be a useful place for members of this forum to post their impressions tomorrow, after the chat.

Edited by bl-f1, 17 January 2010 - 21:46.

Advertisement

#2 Showty

Showty

• 2,184 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 08:48

It´ll be very difficult to get a question answered but i´ll give it a try.

#3 Buckethead

Buckethead

• 710 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 08:51

Now that this link is posted here, I wonder how many question have "six tenths" in it...

#4 One

One

• 6,527 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 09:11

Now that this link is posted here, I wonder how many question have "six tenths" in it...

:lol:

I am amused tat there are guys who still think of things in such terms.

#5 wj_gibson

wj_gibson

• 3,921 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 09:14

More to the point, I wonder how many of those who keep trumpeting the entire 2007 season as a millstone to continually hang around Alonso's neck on BBs such as this are sufficiently sure in their convictions to try to ask him questions about it personally.

I predict precisely none.

#6 Suntrek

Suntrek

• 1,796 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 10:47

More to the point, I wonder how many of those who keep trumpeting the entire 2007 season as a millstone to continually hang around Alonso's neck on BBs such as this are sufficiently sure in their convictions to try to ask him questions about it personally.

I predict precisely none.

While I strongly suspect you are right  ;) - just to make it clear for all the Alonso bashers queueing up to ask him about 2007, the chat starts at 3 PM CET, that is 2 PM GMT.

#7 postajegenye

postajegenye

• 1,139 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 10:55

While I strongly suspect you are right ;) - just to make it clear for all the Alonso bashers queueing up to ask him about 2007, the chat starts at 3 PM CET, that is 2 PM GMT.

Yeah, he starts answering questions at 3PM, but fans have been able to send in questions for days, and questions will be selected. So I think those who send in their questions during the chat will have little chance to have them answered - I guess most questions are already selected and chosen.

#8 Orin

Orin

• 8,444 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 11:12

Yeah, he starts answering questions at 3PM, but fans have been able to send in questions for days, and questions will be selected. So I think those who send in their questions during the chat will have little chance to have them answered - I guess most questions are already selected and chosen.

Whoops! Looks like he won't be getting asked anything too tricky then.

"Fernando! Fernando! Have you always loved Ferrari :love: :love: :love:?"

#9 Buckethead

Buckethead

• 710 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 14:43

Well, that was **** :D None of my good questions got in when there were people that got like 5 "hola fernando" messages in.

I quess someone posts his answers later. Now he had to go to the meeting with his engineers

#10 bl-f1

bl-f1

• 1,087 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 14:53

One thing he has answered for definite: Ferrari will be his last Formula 1 team.

I did send him a question about Hungary, but it did not get in.

#11 mstar

mstar

• 1,836 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 15:58

anyone got what alonso said briefly? i suppose he talk in italian

#12 Buckethead

Buckethead

• 710 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 16:00

Italian and english. Answered in the same language that question was asked.

#13 Mackey

Mackey

• 1,567 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 17:54

A link with a transcription of the chat? Thanks in advance ;)

#14 Sausage

Sausage

• 1,820 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 19:40

It was held in flash so have to wait for Ferrari to transcribe it really. Overall it was kinda lame, just a lot of hola and good lucks, everything was filtered wich is understandable but does not lead to interesting chats. It was not 100% roses and my little pony questions though so it could've been worse

#15 postajegenye

postajegenye

• 1,139 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 21:47

I think the chat was a bit of a mess, everyone was sending questions at the same time (you can imagine, thousands of people...) and only a few of them appeared, but it was totally random - as Sausage says, many times it was just "Hi Fernando" , "you are the best", etc. I guess Alonso could only see these questions that appeared so he duly answered them, saying "hello" back to everyone and lots of "grazie" and "thank you" :D I don't think it was really filtered by content, it seemed to be random (otherwise why put a "Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Fernandooo!!!" type of message in there...) .
Maybe those with faster internet connection were lucky... I saw a guy whose question was answered 3 or 4 times.

He got some questions that made sense too, he confirmed that he wants Ferrari to be his last team, that he thinks Ferrari, McLaren, Red Bull and Mercedes will be the main contenders for the title, he wants Massa to be his biggest rival (for the WDC). He was asked whether he would drive in another series after F1, he said no, because for him F1 is the maximum and doesn't want to race after it, he also said he doesn't want to try rallying...
They asked him how he had learnt to speak Italian so well, he said he had been travelling to Italy to race karts since he was 11 so he learned it quickly.

#16 Buckethead

Buckethead

• 710 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 07:19

Yeah, and someone asked about the comment that he gave after Brasil 2006. I don't remember it 100% right but he said that he has said some bad things (not very bad as question said) and that might happen when you are in the middle of the fight. He also said that they are men not robots.