2009 In Review - Driver Consistency

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 RubberGoat

RubberGoat

• 59 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 20:09

Hey guys,

So far, in evaluating driver performances in 2009, on my F1 Stats blog ‘Making Up The Numbers’ we have looked at Finishing Positions, Qualifying Performance and Fastest Laps. Now we have finally arrived at the last category – Driver Consistency.

This is a subject which is particularly interesting to me, because I have been analysing this for most of the year. What I aim to do in this post is to present a series of charts. The first two will split the field based on average rankings for 2009. These are calculated by calculating a ranking for each driver based on his average lap time, summing all the races they competed in 2009 and then taking an average ranking.

P.S. – I plan to do a ranking of all the drivers based on a weighted scoring system – If you have any ideas on what percentages I should use, please leave a comment. The categories will be those used to review the drivers, which were:

1. Average Finishing Position
2. Qualifying Performance
3. Fastest Laps
4. Driver Consistency (This Post)

I thought of doing 50-25-5-20. Let me know what numbers you would use and I will try and include them

Cheers,

//Gavin Brown (RubberGoat)
http://f1numbers.wordpress.com/