Revival in St.Wendel

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TTMarshal

TTMarshal

• 51 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 19:31

Hello,
I`ve been away for a few month because of a lot of work.
I am one of the organizers the motor sport Classic Saint Wendel. In the first event in August in 2009 we had 19000 spectators. After the event is before the event. From the 20th to the 22nd of August 2010 the second motor sport classical period St. Wendel takes place.With riders from the UK also :)

Further details on my homepage: Visit My Website

If you click the button on the left, called "St.Wendel 2009" and "Bilder" you will find a lot of photos. If you click the button "Nennung" you will find the Registration Form and Informations in English.

Hope to meet a lot riders from the UK in St.Wendel. It takes place 1 week after Schotten Oldtimer-GP !

Kind Regards

Bernd

Edited by TTMarshal, 25 January 2010 - 22:15.

Advertisement

#2 Russell Burrows

Russell Burrows

• 6,529 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 10:01

Hello,
I`ve been away for a few month because of a lot of work.
I am one of the organizers the motor sport Classic Saint Wendel. In the first event in August in 2009 we had 19000 spectators. After the event is before the event. From the 20th to the 22nd of August 2010 the second motor sport classical period St. Wendel takes place.With riders from the UK also :)

Further details on my homepage: Visit My Website

If you click the button on the left, called "St.Wendel 2009" and "Bilder" you will find a lot of photos. If you click the button "Nennung" you will find the Registration Form and Informations in English.

Hope to meet a lot riders from the UK in St.Wendel. It takes place 1 week after Schotten Oldtimer-GP !

Kind Regards

Bernd

Hope it's a great success Bernd....wonderful photos. :up:

#3 TTMarshal

TTMarshal

• 51 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 09:36

Hope it's a great success Bernd....wonderful photos. :up:

Thank you Russell for your comment. Last year Luigi Taveri and Jim Redman were our guests of honour . This year the son of the late Mr.Bob Mitchell (Australia) will come over.The sidecar class runs in memoriam of Bob Mitchell. It would be great if Stan Dibben would come also. Stan is over 80 years now, but in good shape.Two years ago he was passenger with Ralph Bohnhorst at Schotten :clap:
He has written a book named "Hold on", which I bought 2 days ago.Very interesting.
Tommy Robb wrote to me that old injuries from many years ago have left him in continual pain in his spine, making walking very difficult, he can today only walk about 50 meters then he has to sit down and rest before he can continue.
Because of this problem he no longer travels long distances and only rides in events close to his home.

Last year Dennis and Christine Etheridge from Maidstone/Kent (UK) were the oldest sidecar-crew at St.Wendel.They take part this year again. In the 50cc-class we have a lot Dutch Riders:Jan de Vries, Kempermann, Kostwinder etc. It would be nice if a few more riders from England would take part (Solo and Sidecars). I can promise: 2 days in St.Wendel you will never forget ! Like it was in the fifties so it also is even today. Eric Hinton wrote to me Citation:"Well Bernd, over the years I raced in 84 circuits all over the world and can honestly say that St.Wendel was the best".
Our event takes place one week after the Schotten.Oldtimer-Grand Prix and I say it with a title of the Beatles: Come together !! :wave:

For further details: Visit My Website

Edited by TTMarshal, 12 February 2010 - 09:40.