Photo

Vintage Formula Vee mod available

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Raido

Raido

• 72 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 22:11

Well, I've not seen it mentioned here before, but I'm fairly sure some former drivers (and others) might be interested. (Though to some it may be old news, but to others it probably won't. Anyway, hope it helps.)

It's now possible to run the original Formula Vee cars in a simulation, :clap:

now that Strava has released his 'Vintage Formula Vee' mod for rFactor - available here:

http://www.nogriprac...hp?filenr=23475

Though the car models are simple, they're effective and the cars are real fun to drive. It's for regular pc's but through programs like CrossOver Games, it can even run on Mac OS X. Several former real-life Vee drivers gave it the nod for being similar to the real thing and certainly for driving pleasure.

Of course the original Vee cars with their 65 BHP / 48 KW and 180ish kph top speed are more suited to smaller, twistier tracks than power circuits like Monza. Fortunately, there are some really good ones out there, also freely available for download.
Goldenport, for instance, is a tiny work of art, as is Schwabenland (driving through the Bavarian mountain countryside) and Rouen. Mosport and Lakeside suit these cars as well.

Have fun,

Regards, Rudy
(GPLRank: -40)

Advertisement

#2 BorderReiver

BorderReiver

• 9,957 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 01:12

Wahey! That looks ace.

Formula Vee was in many ways the pinnacle of my incredibly substandard racing exploits. So, if I find this MOD alarmingly difficult and smash cars to bits with metronomic regularity you'll have my realism seal of approval :D .

#3 Peat

Peat

• 8,851 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 09:26

Yeah, its a pretty good mod. Simple cars, but really rewarding to hustle.