* * * * * 4 votes

F1 Race Manager 2010

• Please log in to reply
430 replies to this topic

#101 metz

metz

• 9,725 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 18:13

:clap: :clap: The Atlas Sub has moved from P4 to P2.

Petrov saved a lot of asses this time. :kiss:

Advertisement

#102 CrashPad

CrashPad

• 242 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 18:55

I figured I should probably make an autosport forum account if i'm in this league. Long time lurker, first time poster :wave:

My story exactly as well :wave:
As for this race, I was very concerned that my Force India-based team would come crashing down in the standings since Liuzzi had a horrendous weekend and Sutil wasn't too special neither, and my 2nd driver Trulli DNF'd, but it seems the exact opposite happened and I rose up to 3rd. :clap:
Thankfully pretty much everyone relies on FI, so I didn't suffer alone.

My bets went to hell though, the only one I got right was no points for Williams :drunk:

#103 Will

Will

• 2,972 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 20:36

Unlike their performance in F1 Manager, Team Plymouth did badly this race, due to an administrative error of forgetting to bet. A lot of thought will have to be put in to recovering the situation.

#104 dank

dank

• 5,191 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 10:58

The possible answers to this week's question: http://www.f1raceman...nusquestion.asp

They're not correct are they?

(I not expecting someone to give the answer!)

#105 majkel

majkel

• 249 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 11:04

The possible answers to this week's question: http://www.f1raceman...nusquestion.asp

They're not correct are they?

(I not expecting someone to give the answer!)

I believe one of the answers is correct.

#106 dank

dank

• 5,191 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 11:11

I believe one of the answers is correct.

A-ha! Got the answer now.

#107 metz

metz

• 9,725 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 12:36

Can we assume that races prior to 1950 are not included?

#108 Altar

Altar

• 17 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 14:45

Can we assume that races prior to 1950 are not included?

That's what i'm assuming since it specifically says "Spanish Formula One Grand Prix".

#109 metz

metz

• 9,725 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 15:13

I think they were still Formula 1 races, but did not count towards the championship.

#110 mclarensmps

mclarensmps

• 3,785 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 17:02

There is definitely a correct answer in there. I made a bit of a change and I hope it pushes my standing up a little bit. I need to start crawling my way up here.

#111 metz

metz

• 9,725 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 18:40

There is definitely a correct answer in there. I made a bit of a change and I hope it pushes my standing up a little bit. I need to start crawling my way up here.

Why not wait to make your changes until you get the additional bonus question money? (later today)
Wait till after FP3 and you will have max $ and max FP information.

#112 dank

dank

• 5,191 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 19:04

Itching for the answer to the bonus question to be revealed!

#113 dank

dank

• 5,191 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 19:26

No separate questions in this week's bets, or have I missed the boat? http://www.f1racemanager.com/bets.asp

#114 bourbon

bourbon

• 6,723 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 19:36

I sold everything and hired Vettel. Poor guy is driving a lotus chasis with a dallara and some piss poor fuel - but hey, he usually puts a happy face on things, so I'm sure he won't mind waiting for updates. Meanwhile, Senna has also been good for us!

#115 Dispenser89

Dispenser89

• 3,460 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 21:46

I've gambled on a Sauber actually finishing the race, got their chassis and Kobayashi in. Back to saving for a top driver.

#116 dank

dank

• 5,191 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 21:57

So, in answer to this week's question, it was indeed 12 wins by an Italian team at the Spanish Grand Prix.

Bonus funds have now been paid out.

#117 metz

metz

• 9,725 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 16:45

So, in answer to this week's question, it was indeed 12 wins by an Italian team at the Spanish Grand Prix.

Bonus funds have now been paid out.

I see they accept both answers 12 or 14 wins.
Two being pre-war Spanish GP F1 races that did not count towards the championship.

#118 metz

metz

• 9,725 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 16:49

I've gambled on a Sauber actually finishing the race, got their chassis and Kobayashi in. Back to saving for a top driver.

Brave soul :smoking:

#119 dank

dank

• 5,191 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 21:31

Be nice if they would unlock the database to allow for changes already!

Database locked, you cannot make changes during race weekend!

Er...

Advertisement

#120 dank

dank

• 5,191 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 17:40

And still locked!

#121 metz

metz

• 9,725 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 21:17

Had computer problems for 3 days and completly missed the Bonus Question.
What was the question?
Not getting the easy 3 million realy hurts.
Zauber dropped back from 8th to 10th.. :cry:
Had sold FI for STR and Total for Shell in order to get Kubica, thinking he will do well at monaco
Got him on podium, but point wise, would have been better off keeping FI and Total.
Next time I'll do the math... :blush:

#122 dank

dank

• 5,191 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 21:40

Had computer problems for 3 days and completly missed the Bonus Question.
What was the question?

Well, glad you asked that as I have an axe to grind!

At the start of the week, the question was asking us what gear should an F1 driver enter and exit the Swimming Pool complex in Monaco.

It then transpires that given it was such an open-ended question, the folks running it changed the question without any warning to ask what gear Robert Kubica suggests you enter it in. So, thanks to a last-minute question change I scored absolutely nothing. That coupled with the database being locked until a day before FP1, and it's all a bit amateur really.

I know I shouldn't complain because it's free and it's not like someone's got a gun against my head, making me use it, but little niggles like those mentioned have put me off a bit.

#123 majkel

majkel

• 249 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 05:14

Well, glad you asked that as I have an axe to grind!

At the start of the week, the question was asking us what gear should an F1 driver enter and exit the Swimming Pool complex in Monaco.

It then transpires that given it was such an open-ended question, the folks running it changed the question without any warning to ask what gear Robert Kubica suggests you enter it in. So, thanks to a last-minute question change I scored absolutely nothing. That coupled with the database being locked until a day before FP1, and it's all a bit amateur really.

I know I shouldn't complain because it's free and it's not like someone's got a gun against my head, making me use it, but little niggles like those mentioned have put me off a bit.

I believe I have seen the question from the beginning, and it always said what gear you should enter swiming pool chicane according to Robert Kubica.
I think there was only one piece of information you could get that info from, and the answer was 5th.
Cheers.

#124 dank

dank

• 5,191 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 08:41

I believe I have seen the question from the beginning, and it always said what gear you should enter swiming pool chicane according to Robert Kubica.
I think there was only one piece of information you could get that info from, and the answer was 5th.
Cheers.

No it didn't. On Monday/Tuesday last week it asked what gear a driver should enter the Swimming Pool section in and what it should be upon leaving it.

Options were:

1. 1st and 2nd
2. 2nd and 3rd
3. 3rd and 4th
5. 4th and 5th
6. 5th and 6th

I went for the sixth option. Then logged back in on Friday to see if I had answered it correctly, only to see that they changed the question because I can only presume there was some ambiguity about it.

Edited by dank, 18 May 2010 - 08:42.

#125 majkel

majkel

• 249 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 09:49

No it didn't. On Monday/Tuesday last week it asked what gear a driver should enter the Swimming Pool section in and what it should be upon leaving it.

Options were:

1. 1st and 2nd
2. 2nd and 3rd
3. 3rd and 4th
5. 4th and 5th
6. 5th and 6th

I went for the sixth option. Then logged back in on Friday to see if I had answered it correctly, only to see that they changed the question because I can only presume there was some ambiguity about it.

ok, thanks for clarification.

#126 wrighty

wrighty

• 3,617 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 10:17

well, bugger me with a fish fork.......i thought i'd had a shocking weekend but i moved up 4 places in the subleague :) i guess i was on a downer because i had Alonso for pole and the win in the bets (my bet form's getting worse....1 correct answer this time, it's a sea of red on my page boohoo).....ah well, i'll concentrate more in future haha. Here's to the next one (i must get something RBR related into my team pronto...i felt such a traitor for dropping mclaren fuel lol)

Nice to see we're back into 3rd in the subleague competition :up:

#127 metz

metz

• 9,725 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 11:57

well, bugger me with a fish fork.......i thought i'd had a shocking weekend but i moved up 4 places in the subleague :) i guess i was on a downer because i had Alonso for pole and the win in the bets (my bet form's getting worse....1 correct answer this time, it's a sea of red on my page boohoo).....ah well, i'll concentrate more in future haha. Here's to the next one (i must get something RBR related into my team pronto...i felt such a traitor for dropping mclaren fuel lol)

If you had waited till one hour before qualifying before placing your bets, you would have known that Alonso was out.
The Ferrari was flying during FP. Thats why I picked Massa for pole and win. I got Vettel and Kubica right.

#128 wrighty

wrighty

• 3,617 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 12:14

If you had waited till one hour before qualifying before placing your bets, you would have known that Alonso was out.
The Ferrari was flying during FP. Thats why I picked Massa for pole and win. I got Vettel and Kubica right.

i know, but i do have (this once) the excuse that i did my bets at work, as my home pc was scattered all over the desk in several pieces (replacing the hard drive boohoo....). It's starting to feel more (at the moment) like picking Vettel for pole and win every week would pay dividends more often than not.....in the end my ire was misplaced of course, it's only 400K per bet 'win' and i suppose i don't mind losing that as i get to annoy my mum (the Alonso fan) for a fortnight about his failings :rotfl: it's all swings and roundabouts haha

#129 majkel

majkel

• 249 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 12:19

I find those bets to be complete guessing game, at least for places and DNF's (5/30 correct ;)), in questions I have 15/18 correct :).

#130 SuperDaan

SuperDaan

• 342 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 13:37

I managed to get some nice points in Monaco, hopefully I can do even better at the next GP :)

#131 Requin

Requin

• 355 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 19:29

I know what you mean; Monaco was my best-ever round, yet I only advanced 2 spots. Those bonus questions have been money, but my predictions have been a crapshoot so far.

#132 Henrik B

Henrik B

• 2,705 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 06:46

Regarding the bonus question this time - is it possible that the question maker missed that fact that Turkey is anti-clockwise, and miscalculated the number of right and left turns? Or are WE supposed to fall in that trap? :)

(Since the bonus question only is for money and not positions, I don't find it wrong to discuss it).

#133 dank

dank

• 5,191 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 08:32

Regarding the bonus question this time - is it possible that the question maker missed that fact that Turkey is anti-clockwise, and miscalculated the number of right and left turns? Or are WE supposed to fall in that trap? :)

(Since the bonus question only is for money and not positions, I don't find it wrong to discuss it).

If that is the case, I'll be throwing my toys out of the pram that's for sure!

#134 Requin

Requin

• 355 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 11:29

Without giving too much away, I did my research for the bonus question, and there is definitely a right answer in there.

I also have an announcement to make.

The team formerly known as Aces High has been re-branded as the VF-1 Black Aces, which is, of course, a play on the VFA-41 Black Aces Naval fighter squadron.

The reason behind the name change?
Because I'm gunning for the top.

Kambra RAcing, you have been warned.

#135 Henrik B

Henrik B

• 2,705 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 11:48

Without giving too much away, I did my research for the bonus question, and there is definitely a right answer in there.

Ah! Found it. My guess is that the alternatives are written exactly as intended.

#136 wrighty

wrighty

• 3,617 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 08:30

Another GP, another really ambiguous bonus question....... :lol: lets see how this one turns out (the info is out there but i found contradictory answers, both of which are in the choices.....those pesky question setters)

#137 dank

dank

• 5,191 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 08:57

Another GP, another really ambiguous bonus question....... :lol: lets see how this one turns out (the info is out there but i found contradictory answers, both of which are in the choices.....those pesky question setters)

Indeed. These questions are just getting more and more daft with each passing race.

#138 Altar

Altar

• 17 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 09:03

After saving $$ and not changing my team for a couple of races it's time to make some big upgrades.

VF-1 Black Aces, you have been warned. :p

Well done to those that picked Mclaren last race, we were the highest scoring subleague for the round :clap:

#139 Requin

Requin

• 355 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 16:28

Make sure you check your sources then.

@Altar: I'm looking forward to it!

Advertisement

#140 dank

dank

• 5,191 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 20:59

'You can answer this question until: 19:59:59, Thursday 10th June, 2010.'

Time keeping skills are clearly lacking with those running the competition, eh? Wouldn't mind the extra funds like, er, now.

#141 wrighty

wrighty

• 3,617 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 08:18

Make sure you check your sources then.

hooray!! My sources didn't let me down :clap: (fwiw this was my source lol)

#142 metz

metz

• 9,725 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 12:47

'You can answer this question until: 19:59:59, Thursday 10th June, 2010.'

Time keeping skills are clearly lacking with those running the competition, eh? Wouldn't mind the extra funds like, er, now.

Yes, What's with this. :mad:
It needs to be up there for longer.
For the second time I have missed the deadline for the question. $3mil is very significant.

#143 Requin

Requin

• 355 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 02:31

hooray!! My sources didn't let me down :clap: (fwiw this was my source lol)

Nice! That was my source as well.

As for this round, I have no idea which drivers to pick!

But have no fear! The Spades will soldier on! I predict a top-10 placement after this round.

Play hard.

Your fearless (soon-to-be) leader

#144 SuperDaan

SuperDaan

• 342 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 08:25

I was on holiday so could not answer the bonus question...
I have also no idea which drivers to pick, maybe I will keep my team the same and make a big change after this round.
Good luck all and lets hope we can gain some ground in the SL competition

#145 Will

Will

• 2,972 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 19:28

Team Plymouth has continued its slow progress in the standings, now at 14th and with money available for a decent upgrade next race. The goal of being in the top 10 at the end of the season may be tough, but achievable if judicious selling and buying is employed.

#146 dank

dank

• 5,191 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 21:11

Another week, and once again waiting (patiently) for the answer to be revealed for the bonus question.

I dunno, you'd think it was free or something...

#147 Will

Will

• 2,972 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 21:52

Thanks to a ruthless strategy of ditching its high value McLaren engine and Total fuel to provide funds for an all Red Bull line up of Vettel/Red Bull Chassis and Red Bull engine Team Plymouth, despite Vettel's off on the first lap managed to make good progress, finally achieving its aim of breaking into the Top 10. The team will be however monitoring the inter-driver rivalry carefully so as the infighting can be kept to a minimum.

#148 dank

dank

• 5,191 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 07:01

Thanks to a ruthless strategy of ditching its high value McLaren engine and Total fuel to provide funds for an all Red Bull line up of Vettel/Red Bull Chassis and Red Bull engine Team Plymouth, despite Vettel's off on the first lap managed to make good progress, finally achieving its aim of breaking into the Top 10. The team will be however monitoring the inter-driver rivalry carefully so as the infighting can be kept to a minimum.

See, you could well be making this up for all I know, because getting into the F1 Race Manager website requires a feat of patience. Something I unfortunately don't have!

#149 Will

Will

• 2,972 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 08:49

See, you could well be making this up for all I know, because getting into the F1 Race Manager website requires a feat of patience. Something I unfortunately don't have!

Luckily I had a handout to write at the same time so I could keep it opening in the background over a period of 10 minutes!

#150 SuperDaan

SuperDaan

• 342 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 10:52

I am very happy with my score this weekend, 3rd best of the Subleague. Making good progress in the overall standings also, just outside the top500 now.
Now i have to make the decission of upgrading my driver or engine.
Good luck all in the next race