F1 attempts to return to the USA

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
293 replies to this topic

#1 rmac923

rmac923

• 486 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 19:50

http://www.guardian....indianapolis-f1

Indianapolis is still a logical venue for a US Formula One grand prix and a return is on the cards, according to the sport's commercial rights holder Bernie Ecclestone.

"It is [a possibility]," Ecclestone said. "It's only the fact that it's all the wrong crowd and the wrong people ... nothing worked there really, we'd have to have a big change round. But we'd like to get back there."

Asked whether the United States could be back on the calendar as early as next year, he replied: "We can have a look."

Mario Andretti, the 1978 world champion from America, believes Formula One needs to be in the US. "I can't write the cheque, all I can do is support it in every possible way that makes sense because I believe in it so much," he said.

"I was just talking to Bernie and he is well aware of that need. He is pretty switched on, he's just got to figure out a way," added the 70-year-old.

Indianapolis hosted the race eight times until 2007 but Brazil's Emerson Fittipaldi, a former winner of the Indy 500 as well as two F1 titles, said the Motor Speedway had never been the right location.

"To go to Indianapolis was a big mistake," he said. He pointed out that the F1 layout on the oval circuit ran in the opposite direction, with cars cutting across the infield and looking slow in comparison to Indy cars.

I must ask this...

Until 2005's fiasco, the USGP was up with Britain and Australia for the highest attendance on the F1 calender. So why would Bernie call over 100,000 paying ticket-holders the "wrong crowd"? It's not like Rednecks go to an F1 race...

More Tickets sold = MORE MONEY FOR BERNIE :rotfl:

EDIT: I botched the Topic Title (I think). Mario Andretti is only trying to convince Bernie, not really working with him.

Edited by rmac923, 14 March 2010 - 19:52.

Advertisement

#2 Ellios

Ellios

• 3,070 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 19:54

In touch with reality? or completely removed from it?

I think BE was referring to the organization rather than the crowd, but no matter - lets sort out HD feed first of all, even today's boring race would have been more enjoyable in 720p!

#3 JonathanProc

JonathanProc

• 851 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 19:57

"He pointed out that the F1 layout on the oval circuit ran in the opposite direction, with cars cutting across the infield and looking slow in comparison to Indy cars."

Why does it mater if they look slow compared to Indy cars?

#4 seltaeb

seltaeb

• 680 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 19:57

That's good to know that at least the return of a USGP is being considered. I don' really care if it's at Indianapolis or not. That's slightly closer to California than Montreal, and probably a bit cheaper. I probably wont attend a race until 2011 though. Hopefully they'll change some regs by then ;).

#5 Clatter

Clatter

• 44,648 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 20:04

More Tickets sold = MORE MONEY FOR BERNIE :rotfl:

No it doesn't, he gets his fee regardless of who turns up. It's circuit owners that need the crowd as that is where their income comes from.

#6 Crafty

Crafty

• 4,151 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 20:14

"He pointed out that the F1 layout on the oval circuit ran in the opposite direction, with cars cutting across the infield and looking slow in comparison to Indy cars."

If they look slow compared to Indy cars (that the US are used to seeing) the yanks will turn off.
You have to remember the yanks are used to top fuel drag cars doing 320mph in the quarter, NASCARs lapping at say 180-190mph average and so on.

I think it'd be great to go back to the US, there are enough tracks there that the indy guys use, so why not F1. The hardest part would probably be getting a licence for the track as now we seem to need acres of runoffs for run f1 cars...

#7 maccaFTW

maccaFTW

• 704 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 20:18

IMO, the best places for a grand prix in the US would be:

1) California (particularly Long Beach)
2) Las Vegas

Either of these locations will have the attraction of being a tourist destination, which will be key for the marketability of the event in the US.

#8 Kucki

Kucki

• 1,472 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 20:23

Road America! One of the best race tracks in the world

#9 Ross Stonefeld

Ross Stonefeld

• 70,106 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 20:24

It would be a rubbish F1 race. And they'd tear the place up trying to make it meet their safety standards.

#10 maccaFTW

maccaFTW

• 704 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 20:24

Road America! One of the best race tracks in the world

Yes, but... Elkhart Lake? Not a good setting.

#11 qwazy

qwazy

• 288 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 20:30

If you're Formula 1, looking to garner ANY sort of attention from the general media, racing in Sheboygan, Wisconsin isn't going to cut it.

You either race in California (LA/OC or San Francisco), New York City, or South Beach, Miami. Hell, make a deal with Jerry Jones to stage a race around and inside the new Cowboys Stadium that holds 200,000 spectators and has the worlds largest HD screen. Jerry Jones loves that kinda' stuff.

#12 Crafty

Crafty

• 4,151 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 20:45

Got to agree with Long Beach really, we've been there before and a road course would be pretty easy to get a licence for (easier than a dedicated track that would need modifications..)

#13 B Squared

B Squared

• 7,324 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 01:12

I wouldn't worry about making reservations in Indianapolis anytime soon...

http://www.indystar....f-return-to-IMS

#14 Madera

Madera

• 372 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 01:29

Three words:

Miller Motorsports Park.

Stunning venue.

Close to major metropolis.

Needs no upgrades.

Many track variations.

Just pick one.

Show up and race!

:up:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#15 rolf123

rolf123

• 2,417 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 01:33

Three words:

Miller Motorsports Park.

Needs no upgrades.

Nice track but you sure about this point?

#16 Madera

Madera

• 372 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 01:46

Nice track but you sure about this point?

Yes. It's brand new. Built to all modern standards.

I'll try and find some vids of pitlane, run-offs, etc. will post when I can.

It is a great track, wide and flowing, with lots of overtaking opportunities on most of the configurations.

Great scenery too. Elevation changes galore.

I don't know why this place is overlooked as a great F1 venue.

All the races I have seen from there were exciting and far from boring as Bahrain.

ALMS, Superbike, etc.

Edited by Madera, 16 March 2010 - 01:48.

#17 Zyzzx

Zyzzx

• 9 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 02:32

If Indiana is not the correct crowd, why do you think Utah would be?

#18 chrisj

chrisj

• 1,000 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 02:42

No offense to anyone in Utah, but I don't want to go there. Let's just have a second race at Spa or Interlagos and call it the USGP.

#19 rmac923

rmac923

• 486 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 02:49

Miller isn't a Class 1 track, and Utah isn't the type of place Bernie wants.

If the USGP does return, it'll be Indianapolis, or a street circuit in New York/Miami/Las Vegas. Long Beach is under contract with Indycar until 2015. So no chance there.

Of the 3 Street Circuit locations, New York was logistically impossible to set-up a CART race in it's heyday. Plus the residents blocked the construction of a Nascar Oval. So no chance there.

Las Vegas is one of the worst hit cities of the recession, not happening anytime soon, at least.

Miami could work, but I don't know the economic situation to know for sure.

So honestly, despite creating the article, I don't see a USGP anytime soon. (Bernie's probably bitter after USF1 refused to merge their entry with his friend Stefan)

Again, unless Alexander Rossi is the American equivalent of Lewis Hamilton. But he's at least 2 years off from being considered for F1.

Advertisement

#20 BrokenBaculum

BrokenBaculum

• 257 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 20:38

If the USGP does return, it'll be Indianapolis, or a street circuit in New York/Miami/Las Vegas. Long Beach is under contract with Indycar until 2015. So no chance there.

Of the 3 Street Circuit locations, New York was logistically impossible to set-up a CART race in it's heyday. Plus the residents blocked the construction of a Nascar Oval. So no chance there.

Las Vegas is one of the worst hit cities of the recession, not happening anytime soon, at least.

So honestly, despite creating the article, I don't see a USGP anytime soon. (Bernie's probably bitter after USF1 refused to merge their entry with his friend Stefan)

Again, unless Alexander Rossi is the American equivalent of Lewis Hamilton. But he's at least 2 years off from being considered for F1.

There could be a few other options too, including San Francisco and Washington D.C. I know it may sound lame, but the Washington D.C. circuits on Race Driver: Grid were really good - quite wide, ran through a section of park at the bottom of Capitol Hill, and was pretty quick as street circuits go.

A 'hobby' of mine is Google Earth-ing cities and trying to make street circuits there, so out of curiosity I tried to find the Grid ones in D.C, and here's what I came up with: (Quick edit, it runs anticlockwise.)

Posted Image

It differs slightly from the game, for instance it went through a tunnel, but from this map it would be unfeasible and too narrow, so I extended the straight at south-east section and added a slipstreaming opportunity. I know a pitlane would be difficult to place, but I just want an idea for a basic layout. Finally, there's plenty of room for grandstands and fan/crowd areas.

Edited by BrokenBaculum, 16 March 2010 - 20:39.

#21 cas422

cas422

• 107 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 17:16

Since I live here, Miami would definitely get my vote! The problem is that the pre-recession boom down here was all tangled up around real estate speculation. I fear the economy will take a long time to recover. Logistically it would be challenging, but with some imagination it could be awesome.
North on Biscayne take one of the causways to the beach down Collins ave, back over to Biscayne Blvd ... it'd be an awful long lap ... :cool:

#22 Gilles12

Gilles12

• 863 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 17:55

Since I live here, Miami would definitely get my vote! The problem is that the pre-recession boom down here was all tangled up around real estate speculation. I fear the economy will take a long time to recover. Logistically it would be challenging, but with some imagination it could be awesome.
North on Biscayne take one of the causways to the beach down Collins ave, back over to Biscayne Blvd ... it'd be an awful long lap ... :cool:

What about Laguna Seca?

Isn't it considered suitable for F1?

#23 rmac923

rmac923

• 486 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 18:00

What about Laguna Seca?

Isn't it considered suitable for F1?

Short answer... no.

#24 Flynnie

Flynnie

• 270 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 21:40

Laguna Seca would be lovely, but it's too short and SCRAMP would be entirely uninterested in a sanctioning fee.

#25 Flynnie

Flynnie

• 270 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 21:42

Well if you race in a boring autodrome in the infield of one of the fastest circuits in the world, it looks naff.

#26 David M. Kane

David M. Kane

• 5,402 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 21:50

Bernie's always worried more about the restaurants than the racing. :wave:

#27 Seanspeed

Seanspeed

• 21,814 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 21:59

Unless Indy agrees to pay the fees Bernie wants, there will never be a race there. It has little to nothing to do with the 'crowd' or anything of the sort. If it was, then I'm sure that even the *idea* of a Korean GP would have been axed a long time ago. There may not be a high 'percentage' of American F1 fans, but out of 300,000,000+ people, we've definitely got enough to pack the house at least.

#28 Seanspeed

Seanspeed

• 21,814 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 22:01

Short answer... no.

Long answer - definitely not.

I think most people who think Laguna Seca is a good idea have never driven the track(talking about video games and all, too). You guys think Hungary is bad for overtaking?! :lol:

#29 maverick69

maverick69

• 5,975 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 22:21

Sebring?

It'll need a bit of money chucked at it - but the foundations and history are there.

#30 noikeee

noikeee

• 23,179 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 22:30

Sebring?

It'll need a bit of money chucked at it - but the foundations and history are there.

That track's famous for being very bumpy - the F1 cars don't like that.

#31 maverick69

maverick69

• 5,975 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 22:38

That track's famous for being very bumpy - the F1 cars don't like that.

Hence the investment.

#32 underdog13

underdog13

• 36 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 02:25

In regards to the Laguna Seca comments

Although it is an awesome track, open wheel races there are usually pretty processional. I have been to several Cart/Indy car races there and the finishing order of the races was usually the same as qualifying. Also it can be a nightmare to get in and out of when a lot of people show up.
Used to do a little road racing back in the late 80's early 90's at Laugna and the track is a blast to drive! Will be there in a few weeks for the Sea Otter classic MTB event!
Cheers

#33 Lazarus II

Lazarus II

• 4,527 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 03:06

In regards to the Laguna Seca comments

Although it is an awesome track, open wheel races there are usually pretty processional. I have been to several Cart/Indy car races there and the finishing order of the races was usually the same as qualifying. Also it can be a nightmare to get in and out of when a lot of people show up.
Used to do a little road racing back in the late 80's early 90's at Laugna and the track is a blast to drive! Will be there in a few weeks for the Sea Otter classic MTB event!
Cheers

Could you imagine the line of traffic on Hwy 68? Both ways too! :eek:

And the outrage from the residents :eek: :eek:

Clint wouldn't have it either. He doesn't need more traffic clogging up his private Idaho.

**Yes it is an awesome track to drive though.

Edited by Lazarus II, 19 March 2010 - 03:07.

#34 loki

loki

• 12,100 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 03:25

Miller needs the infrastructure in pit and paddock improvements. Not going to happen. SF or DC, not going to happen. They had ALMS in DC on a three year deal and canceled after a year. Like I said in the other thread, it's Long Beach, which does not have an exclusive contract with Indycar and if the city allows, could hold another event. Las Vegas street race or street race at St Pete on the same circuit they use for Indycar.

The issue isn't with finding a street circuit. It's with the economics of the deal. Until FOM structures the deals so the promoters can better profit there won't be any races over here. Ecclestone can make all the snide comment he likes but the reality is he doesn't understand the US market or business or racing culture. I think he's going after the short term cash with the new venues and neglecting the long term health of the sport.

#35 loki

loki

• 12,100 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 03:37

If they look slow compared to Indy cars (that the US are used to seeing) the yanks will turn off.
You have to remember the yanks are used to top fuel drag cars doing 320mph in the quarter, NASCARs lapping at say 180-190mph average and so on..

Horse hockey. You know nothing about US motorsport culture. The Grands Prix at IMS were the best attended in the history of the sport. The problem in this case isn't the US, it's FOM.

#36 Docc

Docc

• 615 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 04:23

I have been a GP or F1 fan since the early 60s.. I went to the races held here and Canada. I was in the pits at Long Beach..enjoyed the excitement..mixed with teams and drivers...my last was Phoenix.

Until the political..arrogant..boring procession that now exits..is fixed..I would not want a race here. The arrogant troll master has created a extortion ring that neuters tracks..numbs the senses..and insults what WAS the best spectacle in motor sports. At Indy..when the political crap had F1 **** it's pants with 6 cars parading in a pseudo Grand Prix event..that killed any real chance here.

Don't neuter our tracks..extort millions.. complain about the substandard facilities for the royal gentry that is F1 now....in my opinion we are HOPEFULLY all the "wrong crowd" now..

I'd rather see the arrogant midget troll put his talons in the mid east..China..India..Senegal...Mars...all the same on TV to me.

It's not the tracks..it's the organization. The emphasis on the political crap..the neutered boring races has made F1 a joke.

I lived..read..dreamed every race at one time..now it's like some sordid old actress..with too much make up..silicone and surgery trying to look sexy long after her best days..

I think F1 needs a complete re birth...

But..placing a race here and having the parade laps be indistinguishable from the "race"..just looks like Norma Desmond in a G string..

Posted Image

Edited by Docc, 19 March 2010 - 04:25.

#37 Lazarus II

Lazarus II

• 4,527 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 04:28

I have been a GP or F1 fan since the early 60s.. I went to the races held here and Canada. I was in the pits at Long Beach..enjoyed the excitement..mixed with teams and drivers...my last was Phoenix.

Until the political..arrogant..boring procession that now exits..is fixed..I would not want a race here. The arrogant troll master has created a extortion ring that neuters tracks..numbs the senses..and insults what WAS the best spectacle in motor sports. At Indy..when the political crap had F1 **** it's pants with 6 cars parading in a pseudo Grand Prix event..that killed any real chance here.

Don't neuter our tracks..extort millions.. complain about the substandard facilities for the royal gentry that is F1 now....in my opinion we are HOPEFULLY all the "wrong crowd" now..

I'd rather see the arrogant midget troll put his talons in the mid east..China..India..Senegal...Mars...all the same on TV to me.

It's not the tracks..it's the organization. The emphasis on the political crap..the neutered boring races has made F1 a joke.

I lived..read..dreamed every race at one time..now it's like some sordid old actress..with too much make up..silicone and surgery trying to look sexy long after her best days..

But..placing a race here and having the parade laps be indistinguishable from the "race"..just looks like Norma Desmond in a G string..

Posted Image

Can't complain with anything you said. Great post Docc :up:

#38 FigJam

FigJam

• 2,034 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 04:57

Long Beach. :D

Forget returning to Indy....the track is a disgrace.

You wanna go back there? Get the F1 cars in the right spec and run the full oval.

Something different that will sort the men from the boys. :up:

#39 pingu666

pingu666

• 9,272 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 05:17

the worse the facilities (that f1 cares about) the better the actual track tends to be, imo

virtual all the grand prix's opperate at a loss

ones that might not are
monaco
spain?
hungry?
spa?

im fairly certain about monaco, but i bet those others barely break even. 99% certain all the other events lose money, or maybe just break even sometimes

Advertisement

#40 loki

loki

• 12,100 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 08:05

Don't hold back Docc, tell us how you really feel... LOL

#41 Flynnie

Flynnie

• 270 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 11:21

Miller needs the infrastructure in pit and paddock improvements. Not going to happen. SF or DC, not going to happen. They had ALMS in DC on a three year deal and canceled after a year. Like I said in the other thread, it's Long Beach, which does not have an exclusive contract with Indycar and if the city allows, could hold another event. Las Vegas street race or street race at St Pete on the same circuit they use for Indycar.

The issue isn't with finding a street circuit. It's with the economics of the deal. Until FOM structures the deals so the promoters can better profit there won't be any races over here. Ecclestone can make all the snide comment he likes but the reality is he doesn't understand the US market or business or racing culture. I think he's going after the short term cash with the new venues and neglecting the long term health of the sport.

I don't even know where you'd put a circuit in San Francisco. I think at the time it was mooted as a serious possibility there were discussions of using Treasure Island, but a community lives there now as well as the much needed space providing fields for many athletic organizations.

You could have a fantastic circuit in Golden Gate Park, but that will never happen. I wouldn't want F1 ruining the park with their asinine safety requirements anyway.

#42 Muz Bee

Muz Bee

• 2,956 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 23:57

(EDITED)

:up: Fantastic opinion.

The irony about Bernie's F1 economic model is this.
He is a citizen of free enterprise, the land of the free and the brave and the entrepreneurial, which really describes USA (until the fall). But the USA model doesn't allow for government handouts for ventures which are financially unsustainable. That's why we go to the middle east and Korea etc. Hell even Australia plays to this nonsense citizen funded rort.

Until F1 returns to an economic model which is fair and sustainable we will have these money-no-object Tilkepalaces in deserts and swamps watched by rentacrowds for TV pay per view audiences. And he'll find a way to screw us extra for the privilege to watch in 1080i. And the purpose of all this money raising - for the midget of course, so he doesn't feel so bad. :mad:

Rumours of a return to USA GP are premature IMO.

Edited by Muz Bee, 22 March 2010 - 00:00.

#43 rmac923

rmac923

• 486 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 13:38

Ecclestone aiming for 2012 USGP return... in New Jersey (Meadowlands?)

Formula 1 boss Bernie Ecclestone has said he is trying to bring the sport back to the United States. The Briton hopes to see the United States Grand Prix return as early as 2012. F1 enjoyed its last race in the US back in 2007 at Indianapolis.

"I'm trying to get F1 to the US in 2012, opposite Manhattan in New Jersey with skyscrapers in the background," Ecclestone was quoted by Italian newspaper Gazzetta dello Sport. "The track would be just fifteen minutes from the city centre of New York. It would be something great."

I'm aware the Indy Car World Series has run in the Meadowlands in the late 80's/early 90's. However as someone who lives in the area, while the chances are higher than Manhattan, it still looks grim. There has been talk of building a Nascar oval in the area for over a decade, but has never worked out. Plus NJ is in just as bad of financial shape as NY.

Not sure if I like this idea... or if it is really an idea and not Bernie Bait. :p

Edited by rmac923, 25 March 2010 - 13:38.

#44 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

• 8,012 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 15:34

I'm only guessing here, but if Ecclestone wants it 15 minutes from Manhattan, that means he's angling for somewhere in Jersey City. And if it's a street circuit, there's not much to work with. All I can think of is something like this:

http://www.gmap-pedo....com/?r=3576214

Or, as an alternative:

http://www.gmap-pedo....com/?r=3576217

I like the first one better.

#45 Berner

Berner

• 1,190 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 15:46

We could host the race here in Calgary (which is actually part of the USA, not Canada). Bush, Palin, Coulter, you get my drift. We have skyscrapers too. :)

#46 senna da silva

senna da silva

• 5,750 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 16:10

We could host the race here in Calgary (which is actually part of the USA, not Canada). Bush, Palin, Coulter, you get my drift. We have skyscrapers too. :)

Schumacher could wear his favourite cowboy outfit and look like the rest of the brokebacks in calgary!

#47 BrokenBaculum

BrokenBaculum

• 257 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 16:34

I'm only guessing here, but if Ecclestone wants it 15 minutes from Manhattan, that means he's angling for somewhere in Jersey City. And if it's a street circuit, there's not much to work with. All I can think of is something like this:

Or, as an alternative:

Those aren't bad, but the land there is sparse and almost swamp-like. I've had a quick scout around and made this, Albert Park style, in James L. Braddock North County Park, also in NJ:

Posted Image

The straight parallel to the athletics track is the start/finish straight, with the yellow line a possible pitlane. The circuit is clockwise and, I reckon, offers several overtaking opportunities. It also has a massively long back straight, and the kink along the bottom of the circuit is a roundabout. There is little in the way of undulation, but Albert Park is flat, Adelaide was flat, and many people enjoyed the racing so I don't see it as that much of a big deal.

#48 jaisli

jaisli

• 1,267 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 16:38

Or, as an alternative:

It's an interesting idea and I can't think of another wide open area of land in NJ, other than the Meadowlands, that has views of Manhattan. I would LOVE to see this happen. But both locations suffer a similar problem. They're both protected 'wetlands' and any kind of development, for the purpose of hosting a car race, would probably be blocked by environmental groups, and likely even the state itself. If Eccelstone offered to have the race there for FREE it probably wouldn't happen. Being familiar with this area, I can tell you that it would take a lot of repaving and reprofiling of even the roads you highlighted in and around Liberty State Park if there would be any hope of having race there. Not to mention at least 3-4 times the amount of parking space currently available. Even getting out of Liberty Science Center is a traffic nightmare on those roads.

At least people from Manhattan could take the ferry over.

#49 Twysted

Twysted

• 7 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 17:59

Three words:

Miller Motorsports Park.

Stunning venue.

Close to major metropolis.

Needs no upgrades.

Many track variations.

Just pick one.

Show up and race!

:up:

1) Three words, it's in Utah...
2) "Eat drink and be merry, for tomorrow you may be in Utah". Who in the world wants to go to Utah that doesn't have to?
3) There are no major metropolii anywhere in Utah. It's Utah... The biggest attactions in Utah are a huge hole in the ground and a dead lake.

I really don't think the F1 crowd is going to flock to Utah. In general, people go to races to have fun and when most folks think of fun places to go, it's doubtful that Utah tops the list (heh, it's doubtful that Utah even makes the list). What do you do after the race? Go check out the Mormon Tabernacle Choir?

I've been there, and invariably the best part of visiting Utah is getting on the plane for the flight out...

#50 jonpollak

jonpollak

• 44,040 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 18:14

Ecclestone aiming for 2012 USGP return... in New Jersey (Meadowlands?)

[i] Formula 1 boss Bernie Ecclestone has said he is trying to bring the sport back to the United States.

Nice try...
It's over here
Jp