Photo

Simulator seat......

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 wrighty

wrighty

• 3,794 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 11:38

No, i'm not looking for one but (as the advert goes) 'If Carlsberg made simulator seats.....'

:eek:

(ps - thanks to Jonathon Noble for the link, via the twitter sub-window in the homepage news :up: )

Edited by wrighty, 17 March 2010 - 11:39.

Advertisement

#2 simpson

simpson

• 163 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 13:22

Very nice, although the video is about 4 minutes longer than necessary.

#3 wewantourdarbyback

wewantourdarbyback

• 6,360 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 10:00

Jaw ---> Floor

#4 jaisli

jaisli

• 1,267 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 08:46

It is quite impressive. I don't think I've ever seen a simulator (for this type of purpose) that reacts quite so violently. My first thought was, "I want it". But by the end of the video one quickly realizes this will likely end in tears. After a few hours of use, the best case scenario is the TV stops working, as I don't think it's designed to take that kind of abuse. The worst case scenario is this loon and all his equipment crash through the floor into the apartment below and he ends up dead or in the hospital for 3 months.

#5 noikeee

noikeee

• 23,182 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 12:43

I want to know what happens when he hits a wall in-game at full throttle.

#6 Chezrome

Chezrome

• 1,218 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 13:23

Haha! That's what I thought. Considering the jerk-like reactions he programmed with accleration and braking... he must be thrown clear of the chair!

#7 GoonerLewis

GoonerLewis

• 236 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 23:30

You seen top gun when they eject?

Something like that

#8 MaxScelerate

MaxScelerate

• 4,934 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 05:12

Haha! That's what I thought. Considering the jerk-like reactions he programmed with accleration and braking... he must be thrown clear of the chair!

I`m not so sure.. It's a bit too 'shakey' for my taste (a sort of residual feedback, like it goes WOOP (woop, woop, ...), but the 'force' itself isn't that much that his head movements would seem out of proportion for a dude strapped to an high powered racing car..

#9 Onyemaechi

Onyemaechi

• 312 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 19:13

youtube link is not working :(

#10 thepringlesguy

thepringlesguy

• 18 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 02:31

It is quite impressive. I don't think I've ever seen a simulator (for this type of purpose) that reacts quite so violently. My first thought was, "I want it". But by the end of the video one quickly realizes this will likely end in tears. After a few hours of use, the best case scenario is the TV stops working, as I don't think it's designed to take that kind of abuse. The worst case scenario is this loon and all his equipment crash through the floor into the apartment below and he ends up dead or in the hospital for 3 months.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: