Photo

Monza tickets

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 pabloeldiablo

pabloeldiablo

• 23 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 16:15

I'm trying to buy tickets for Monza but my credit card doesn't seem to work with their purchasing system. I had the same issue last year and in the end I had to get a friend to buy the tickets using his card. That's not really an option this year so I'm wondering what sites do other people use?

Buying through Formula1.com seems about 40-50 euro more expensive than buying direct from the circuit itself.

So where else do people buy the tickets from?

Advertisement

#2 F1Annie

F1Annie

• 160 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 18:15

I'm trying to buy tickets for Monza but my credit card doesn't seem to work with their purchasing system. I had the same issue last year and in the end I had to get a friend to buy the tickets using his card. That's not really an option this year so I'm wondering what sites do other people use?

Buying through Formula1.com seems about 40-50 euro more expensive than buying direct from the circuit itself.

So where else do people buy the tickets from?

I had exactly the same problem using the Monzanet site for this year's race & emailed them asking why they had rejected my card when I had successfully bought tickets in previous years. They emailed back to say they hadn't rejected my card but didn't know why it wasn't working. I was really disappointed as they are cheaper & also you can choose your row & one year they even gave me the actual seats I asked for.

But I gave up & have got mine from Formula1.com.

#3 nugat

nugat

• 114 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 08:29

Yep same problem here too. But I tried and tried and tried maybe 6 or 7 times and eventually it worked. Maybe worth trying a different web browser
if you haven't already. e.g. IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari.

I did get a phone call from my bank shortly afterwards though, wondering if my purchase was legit. I was told a lot of card fraud originates
from Italy so they have to check.

#4 pabloeldiablo

pabloeldiablo

• 23 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 09:51

Yeah it's a real pain in the backside. I tried several times there now and no joy. I noticed they have a bank transfer option but sure enough, they don't have enough details on their site. I need their bank name and bank address too and they only gave the bank name on the site.

I thought about buying through Formula1.com but they don't send you out actual tickets I don't think. Instead you have to pick them up on the day and I'd rather not do that. Another site I heard of is www.bookf1.com. I've never used them but they seem a bit cheaper than Formula1.com.

#5 F1Annie

F1Annie

• 160 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 10:36

... I thought about buying through Formula1.com but they don't send you out actual tickets I don't think. Instead you have to pick them up on the day and I'd rather not do that.

You print off a voucher with a barcode & take that to the ticket office together with proof of ID & you get your tickets. I'm not sure exactly where it is at Monza but I'm going for the Pit Walk on the Thursday & will allow plenty of time to find it. The process worked OK for me at Circuit de Catalunya last year.

Another site I heard of is www.bookf1.com. I've never used them but they seem a bit cheaper than Formula1.com.

Not tried them before.

#6 pabloeldiablo

pabloeldiablo

• 23 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 17:23

Got my ticket today. The bank called me earlier asking about some weird transactions on my credit card. They all turned out to be stuff I had purchased so it was a false alarm. She mentioned there's some credit card fraud in Italy so that often flags stuff on their system when they see stuff being purchased on Italian websites.

I just got home a short while ago and purchased my ticket no problems.

Thanks for the help.

#7 F1Annie

F1Annie

• 160 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 18:45

Got my ticket today. The bank called me earlier asking about some weird transactions on my credit card. They all turned out to be stuff I had purchased so it was a false alarm. She mentioned there's some credit card fraud in Italy so that often flags stuff on their system when they see stuff being purchased on Italian websites.

I just got home a short while ago and purchased my ticket no problems.

Thanks for the help.

Glad you got your ticket.

Did you manage to get it from Monzanet after all?

#8 pabloeldiablo

pabloeldiablo

• 23 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 09:59

Did you manage to get it from Monzanet after all?

Yep, I got it from Monzanet. Was surprised to see the purchase go through. Just need to book flights and accomodation now. I stayed in Milan last year but I'm considering Bergamo this time. Will see how it goes.

#9 F1Annie

F1Annie

• 160 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 18:32

Yep, I got it from Monzanet. Was surprised to see the purchase go through. Just need to book flights and accommodation now. I stayed in Milan last year but I'm considering Bergamo this time. Will see how it goes.

Well done! I should have persevered.

Can you get to Monza from Bergamo? We're in Milan for a week staying near to Stazione Centrale. We're opera fans as well as F1 fans & are going to Bergamo hoping there'll be something on at Teatro Donizetti.

:) Can't wait.

#10 pabloeldiablo

pabloeldiablo

• 23 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 19:34

Well done! I should have persevered.

Can you get to Monza from Bergamo? We're in Milan for a week staying near to Stazione Centrale. We're opera fans as well as F1 fans & are going to Bergamo hoping there'll be something on at Teatro Donizetti.

:) Can't wait.

Yep, it's about a 45 min train journey from Bergamo to Monza station. I was in contact with a guy who stayed in Bergamo last year and went to the race. He said he'd no problems getting the train to Monza and it wasn't that busy, even on race day. I suspect that's because most of the people will be on the free train from Milan to the track, as opposed to coming from the opposite direction.

The reason I'm thinking about Bergamo is that Ryanair fly direct to Bergamo from Dublin. Aer Lingus currently fly direct to both Linate and Malpensa airports in Milan but their flights are about 225 euro at the moment. Last year it was less than half that, although I did book later in the year during a sale so I suspect the prices may come down a bit. Having said that, I'm wondering if they have jacked up their prices already because of the Grand Prix.

I wasn't too far from Central Station last year either. I was staying on a street called Corso Buenos Aires, it was about a 15 min walk from Central Station. I was thinking of staying on the same street again this year, if I don't stay in bergamo.

#11 Aviator

Aviator

• 70 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 09:20

Guys thanks for the useful information, I have two questions
1. I purchased my grandstand tickets successfully last month and asked for a courier delivery. The thing is that i don't remember when they will start delivering those tickets. Anyone with similar case knows?
2. To get to the grandstand, do i have to go at the Vedano entrance or at the one at S. Maria Alle Selve?

Sorry for my English...Thanks again!

Edited by Aviator, 24 March 2010 - 09:21.

#12 pabloeldiablo

pabloeldiablo

• 23 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 11:31

1. I purchased my grandstand tickets successfully last month and asked for a courier delivery. The thing is that i don't remember when they will start delivering those tickets. Anyone with similar case knows?
2. To get to the grandstand, do i have to go at the Vedano entrance or at the one at S. Maria Alle Selve?

I'm not sure about the entrance. However our tickets didn't arrive last year until July I think and we had selected the courier option also.

Edited by pabloeldiablo, 24 March 2010 - 11:31.

#13 dick

dick

• 724 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 14:26

I ordered my tickets when they first went on sale (before Christmas, if I recall) and was told they would start delivering in June. I'm in the States so I expect it might take a little longer for me. I would also love to know what entrance to use. Our tickets are on the inside of the first chicane...I forget the actual name. Knowing what entrance will probably save a lot of walking.

#14 F1Annie

F1Annie

• 160 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 20:06

Sorry can't answer Question 1

Question 2 - Depends which grandstand you're in. Have you looked on here?

#15 Aviator

Aviator

• 70 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 10:39

Of course I did and it seems that Vedano is the right one for the central grandstand, but i will email them just to be on the safe side. I will post my findings. Let's hope for a good weather and a good race. Thanks everyone

#16 Sammyosammy

Sammyosammy

• 1,501 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 11:56

1. GPTicketshop.com where I have bought my tickets to Monza `09 and Barcelona ยด10 tells that they ship the tickets app. two weeks before the race. Depends on when the local organisation releases them..

#17 dick

dick

• 724 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 13:57

Is it just me, or is the official website down? I've tried it the last two days and nothing.

#18 nugat

nugat

• 114 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 16:00

Is it just me, or is the official website down? I've tried it the last two days and nothing.

Looks fine from here http://www.monzanet.it/it

Does look a lot different than last time I checked so they have probably had some
downtime whilst updating the site.

#19 dick

dick

• 724 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 17:00

I tried your link and still no joy. I'm trying with Firefox and IE and nothing.