Photo

Michael Schumacher (merged)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20789 replies to this topic

#451 David Lightman

David Lightman

• 392 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 14:44

Compare that to the pathetically bitter sounding Darren Heath on his blog.

Link

Edited by David Lightman, 30 March 2010 - 14:46.

Advertisement

#452 kar

kar

• 10,309 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 14:53

Link

Man, those grapes are sour. Michael is 50 times the man Heath will ever hope to be, that he feels the need to trot out such bilious dribble says more about him than the target of his intemperate tratsch.

Edited by kar, 30 March 2010 - 14:53.

#453 David Lightman

David Lightman

• 392 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 14:56

Quite, comes across as very unprofessional, it's his second post like that out of 3 posted this year! I'm surprised a pro would get that cocky.

#454 soca

soca

• 216 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 14:59

more from that dude kai from planet f1 forum as he is replying to one of the guy:

This is where watching the onboards of the drivers comes significantly into play. And also, IMO you have to be careful averaging out Bahrain and Melbourne.

Watching Schumi in the car in Bahrain and Melbourne was like watching two different drivers. In Bahrain, he was struggling with the car, taking cautious and measured lines around the track, early on the brakes, late on the exit, with loads of steering input. I think Brundle said in the commentary that it was like the car was a tenth ahead of him, which IMO was a perfectly apt description. His laptimes were clearly at his limit and it was a major push to get there. In Melbourne, Schumi was in complete control of the car, the way with which we are familiar - where he manipulates the car around the limit, almost seemingly at will, balancing the car with the brake and throttle, late on the brakes, pushing at the exit. He was comfortably doing his laptimes. Meanwhile Rosberg was driving pretty much identically at both circuits. In Bahrain this was giving him the edge on Schumi and it was clear why his laptimes were better because he could simply take the typical lines with greater finesse; equally in Melbourne he simply couldn't manipulate the car with the same flair as Schumi and it was clear why Schumi had the edge driving in a different manner.

To me, the distinction between the two weekends is evidence of the progress Schumi has made.

As for practice, Mercedes have been running identical programs for their two drivers, except for one brief point at the start of a session in Melbourne where they sent them both out on opposing tyres in the wet conditions (one hard and one soft).

#455 snakeking1

snakeking1

• 19 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 15:00

thanks for this. im too lazy to search my post after fridays Free Practices where i also said that i saw SOME old Schumi already, already because i didnt expect it to see so early and to see that im not the only one who saw it is just simply great. im still disappointed that his qualy and race was ruined. Bring on Sepang! :clap:

Watching from TV, the "old" Schumi I saw was when he defended his position so aggressively just after turn 1 with his front wing dragging on the ground with sparks flying around.
He kept the McLarens behind for the whole lap if I can recall correctly, before Schumi pit.

That was a sight that excites me,....too bad,....just the first lap and the last laps was exciting. From TV screen, nothing else to see really from that race.

#456 kar

kar

• 10,309 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 15:01

Quite, comes across as very unprofessional, it's his second post like that out of 3 posted this year! I'm surprised a pro would get that cocky.

I think old-timers in the sport are terribly, terribly self-important. I rather enjoyed the night with Joe Saward, but it is clear that some in the sport have views of themselves and indeed the sport somewhat detached from reality.

Matt Bishop showed it, was it 2006, with his completely unprofessional attack on Ralf Schumacher. I think Heath is similarly guilty here.

He's entitled to his viewpoint though. It's just why though, when Kimi gave that lecherous ******* Cahier a shove, I didn't lose too much sleep. These people think they are much, much more important than they are. Sometimes a little kick in the balls is what they need. And Heath has a big glowing red sack that needs a punt.

#457 soca

soca

• 216 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 15:15

Link

how old is that dude? 15?

#458 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 15:19

how old is that dude? 15?

i think his wiki said 1968 was his DOB

looks like he wrote it himself lol

#459 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 15:33

To me, the distinction between the two weekends is evidence of the progress Schumi has made.

This was obvious to any dilettante, and despite factual results of last weekend, I am actually pretty confident for next race that conditions are ripe to see better results.

Edited by MiPe, 30 March 2010 - 15:34.

Advertisement

#460 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 15:39

Anglo-media are not alone. You have people with degrees on this BB who are spewing the same bile for years.

#461 MS7XWDC

MS7XWDC

• 305 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 15:48

I understand the sport perfectly well thank you, how long have you been following F1?

The point I was trying to make with the maths was that Michael wouldn't have had the pace to reach the podium, and that post was mainly aimed at MS7XWDC, who seems to think he would have had a podium.

looks like I said:
"put MS back to 4th on lap 1 and he finishes right there with FA.

the extra stop & being at P20 did him in. "

#462 MS7XWDC

MS7XWDC

• 305 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 15:50

I don't even know why people keep comparing Schumacher's race to that of the Ferrari. The Ferrari is the class of the field and gets its tyres up to temperature quicker than any other car

and even at that: MS passed 1 fewer car [if you remove the 2nd stop]

Edited by MS7XWDC, 30 March 2010 - 15:52.

#463 CSquared

CSquared

• 625 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 16:23

Link

It's like he's in love with Corinna, or Schumi did something personal to him. An absolutely pathetic rant. I won't bother to pick apart the whole thing but just two parts:

"It’s a fact that in life your past has a lot to do with your future,"
And that's why you're predicting he'll be slow and uncompetitive and will quit? 'Cuz that's what Michael Schumacher's past was like?

"Always last to events so as to make a point, short with the press and dismissive of the snappers – and yet he missed F1 enough to want to come back? It all seems bizarre."
Because being an F1 driver is solely about talking to reporters and posing for photographs. That's the only reason why he'd want to come back. Right.

This guy has a serious personal problem with MS and that disqualifies his commentary from being given any consideration.

#464 RSNS

RSNS

• 1,495 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 16:26

From kai from planet-f1 forum:
"So in this post I am going to try to respond to the posts I have quoted, give my assessment of Melbourne and an assessment of Schumi's performance generally. I was at the race at Melbourne and I have also since watched a huge amount of onboards, and I feel the perception gained from what was seen on TV was vastly different to the actual situation.

First of all, Schumi's apparent happy facade is not a facade at all. He is genuinely happy and enjoying himself and having fun. I have spent 19 years studying his body language and he is relaxed and at ease. In previous years he has raced through the paddock avoiding all contact with people; this year he was waving and laughing and winking at people all over the place. I also spoke to him briefly and his eyes were sparkling in the way Schumi fans have gotten used to when he wins. Not the sign of a man trying to create an image.

The difference between Bahrain and Melbourne was absolutely night and day. Across the various sessions, Schumi regained that spark he is famous for, and he was attacking the corners, pushing on the exit and beautifully balancing his car through the apex with the brake and throttle. He also showed a lot of creativity with different lines. He was controlling the car and manipulating it much more at his will. This was demonstrated very clearly in FP3. At one point he was sideways through a corner having come across a car that had just come back on track due to an off and having to take evasive action and it barely disrupted the lap. I was open mouthed, as I have been many times throughout his career. He was evidently quicker and had more scope than Rosberg who was driving almost identically to what he did in Bahrain. To me, the progress Schumi has made says a lot about his adaptability, his access to his feel and sensitivity now, and also his ability to develop car setup, all of which made a huge difference this weekend.

When he queried Alonso straight after qualy, that was nothing like an "ear bashing". Qualy was nothing short a schemozzle and Schumi really copped the worst of it. On EVERY quick lap he suffered from traffic of either the new teams or drivers on in and out laps. His final lap in Q3 taken on hard tyres was on track to be his best and then had to be aborted because he came across Alonso on an inlap. He was checking to see if Alonso had been informed by the team that he was coming up on a quick lap, before asking the FIA for clarification - and not making a complaint, but clarification - on the situation with cars on track at different stages of qualifying. In this case, it was Schumi who was the one doing the right thing all the time - leaping out of people's way as soon as they got close - and it makes perfect sense that he wanted to know if he had it right or if he had it wrong. Had he not been so reasonable on track, he actually would have gotten himself into a better position to do a clean lap.

As for the race, as I understand it, there was practically nothing of him on screen. Had there been, viewers would have seen what I did, which was Alguesuari weaving in almost every braking zone and several overtaking attempts by Schumi that had to be aborted to avoid a collision with Alguesuari. Also, had there been, viewers would have seen Schumi playing around with different lines, exploring the track for different levels of grip and doing all that very impressively, simply thwarted by a driver who was driving outside the regulations. But for what Alguesuari was doing, I think the commentary in the media and perception would be vastly different: instead IMO people would be talking about Schumi being back. As steoc says in this thread, Schumi was pretty much the only driver to execute serious overtaking moves as a result of superior driving, rather than the driver in front making a mistake. Further, once he cleared Alguesuari, he basically dispensed with de la Rosa in a beautifully executed maneuver immediately that would have had the same impact with Alguesuari had Alguesuari not been driving as he was. Simply put, the result is not representative of what was demonstrated by Schumi.

Had the same happened in Bahrain I would have been worried about him making a mistake and certainly I wouldn't have expected him to get as close to Alguesuari as he did. Watching him this weekend, I got back my confidence that he can and will get back to the glorious Schumi we are used to seeing. He is not there yet, and I believe there is still progress to make, but I think he has gotten back the crucial ingredient - his feel - and will continually build on this. After Bahrain I couldn't have made this assessment because I didn't see that feel evident and I knew until he got that back we couldn't judge how the comeback would go. But now, I believe unquestionably that he will get there - mistakes and struggles in the interim but certainly he will get there.

So actually, I think he's doing remarkably well. He's been out of the sport for three years and in the space of a small amount of testing, with cars markedly different to what he drove previously, with one race under his belt he had the measure of his teammate in terms of pace over the weekend. That says A LOT about his progress. With respect to Australia, I am simply frustrated at the extent to which circumstances thwarted him."

"Everything I know about Schumacher indicates to me that he only "has fun" when he believes he is going to be competitive. So I interpret his "having fun" as "I know I can be competitive"."

I watched FP3 and I was of that opinion, too; indeed I posted as much. Then the race seemed disappointing, but it seems there are reasons.

Let's wait and see.

#465 steferrari

steferrari

• 286 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 16:40

#466 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 16:48

From that angle I seems to be more fuming over Alonso than Michael. Alonso was obviously uncomfortable, but friendly warning shot across bows was fired. That's the end of it. (For now).

Edited by MiPe, 30 March 2010 - 16:49.

#467 robracer

robracer

• 1,028 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 16:59

looks like I said:
"put MS back to 4th on lap 1 and he finishes right there with FA.

the extra stop & being at P20 did him in. "

You can't just ignore what happened in the first corner, and I have typed that before in this thread, have a read back. The reason you can't ignore it is because it was a big part in deciding the outcome of the race, so ignoring the incident means the outcome is different to reality and therefore you can't possibly predict what would have happened for the rest of the race. So there's no guarentee that Michael would have achieved a higher position because he could have collided with another driver later on, or suffered a puncture, or made a driver error, under your new scenario of there being no first corner incident.

#468 Kenaltgr

Kenaltgr

• 892 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 17:12

Two schools of thought have emerged after Schumacher's return.
a. He is now doing far worse than his supporters would have ever dreamed was possible before the season.
b. He is doing far worse than even most his ardent critics had predicted. (i.e Alguersuari in a much slower Toro Rosso completely embarrassed him.)

#469 rolf123

rolf123

• 2,332 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 17:12

what is brundles beef with schuey?

Being annihilated by a newbie teammate maybe.

#470 vidc

vidc

• 36 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 17:24

a. He is now doing far worse than his supporters would have ever dreamed was possible before the season.
b. He is doing far worse than even most his ardent critics had predicted. (i.e Alguersuari in a much slower Toro Rosso completely embarrassed him.)

c. He is doing very good,and not dissapointed at all :clap:

#471 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 17:39

Kenaltgr - any prove that Toro Rosso was much slower? Or every post of yours is BS. You come here a talking the same things all over again. :wave: As much you as hate Michael ,this won't change his successful live. He is a rich family man, who have everything in the world. But you have only hate. You are not welcomed here because you are not contributing to this thread with anything. I am proud to be his fan. I am here now because of him. There millions like me coming back. If he didn't come back , 2010 for me would be very different. But who am I to change your agenda. :rotfl: Continue funny gay. I don't want to separate you from your hate.

#472 Augurk

Augurk

• 1,932 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 17:41

Watching from TV, the "old" Schumi I saw was when he defended his position so aggressively just after turn 1 with his front wing dragging on the ground with sparks flying around.
He kept the McLarens behind for the whole lap if I can recall correctly, before Schumi pit.

That was a sight that excites me,....too bad,....just the first lap and the last laps was exciting. From TV screen, nothing else to see really from that race.

Not only that, he was just behind Rosberg all the way up to the point the safety car was deployed. And that with such a lack of front end downforce.

#473 P123

P123

• 8,632 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 17:46

Being annihilated by a newbie teammate maybe.

It's not Brundle who had a beef with Schumacher, it was Schumacher who had a beef with Brundle over an interview many years ago. Why would Brundle hold a grudge- he actually comes out of any comaprison between Schumacher and his respective teammates quite well.

#474 Szoelloe

Szoelloe

• 5,744 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 17:46

c. you obviously don't have a television.

Seems to me you follow F1 solely on radio.

#475 Szoelloe

Szoelloe

• 5,744 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 17:48

oh and

d. you have no driving license either....

#476 MS7XWDC

MS7XWDC

• 305 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 17:48

doesn't look like MS was so upset, huh?

#477 P123

P123

• 8,632 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 17:49

Man, those grapes are sour. Michael is 50 times the man Heath will ever hope to be, that he feels the need to trot out such bilious dribble says more about him than the target of his intemperate tratsch.

I'm guessing he didn't have a great relationship with Schumacher.... it's the usual, some of the press corp believe the drivers are there to serve their every need for a picture or interview. As for the tone and content, it pretty much the same as the nonsense on here from the ant-Hamilton's, anti-Schumacher's etc. An overdose of negative spin.

#478 MS7XWDC

MS7XWDC

• 305 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 17:52

You can't just ignore what happened in the first corner ...

i'm not ignoring it ....

but if you are not going to agree with: "the extra stop & being at P20 did him in.", then I don't think we'll ever agree on the sky being above our heads.

even Lewis said in relation to his race the extra stop did him in.

#479 Dragonfly

Dragonfly

• 4,496 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 18:12

d. All the trolls have a field day thanks to his return
:rotfl:

Advertisement

#480 RSNS

RSNS

• 1,495 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 18:30

Interesting video

Schumacher still seems superconfident, Alonso more reserved; but then Alonso is a very introverted person.

#481 Cr0aker

Cr0aker

• 38 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 18:35

I think a fair point to make here is; what would have happened if it was Roseberg that had been hit in the first corner? Schumacher had to pit for a new front wing and suffered other damage to the car. He re-entered the race in 20th position and yet was still able to finish 10th after stopping a total of three times. In many ways this reminded me of his drive at Monaco in 2006 when he stated from the pit lane and placed 6th on a track that is considered damn near impossible to pass on.

If Roseberg had taken that hit would he have been able to finish in the points? Maybe he could have. It is a question with no definitive answer. That said, IMHO based on what I have seen from him in the past, I don’t think he could have done it.
People forget that in 97 Schumacher was driving a Ferrari that should have not won races, yet he managed to nearly win the championship with it. The Brawn/Merc car is not the dog that one was, but still not the Ferrari he was driving in 06 by any means. So I think his drive was very admirable.

In my opinion, the media in general and the British media specifically, really want him to fail. The Brits have never been able to forgive him turning into Hill to take his first championship. So I expect much of the negative coverage to continue no matter what he does on the track.

Obviously, I’m a fan of Schumacher, but I honestly think we will see some spectacular drives from him this season.

-Croaker

#482 DaleCooper

DaleCooper

• 2,512 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 19:44

You can't just ignore what happened in the first corner, and I have typed that before in this thread, have a read back. The reason you can't ignore it is because it was a big part in deciding the outcome of the race, so ignoring the incident means the outcome is different to reality and therefore you can't possibly predict what would have happened for the rest of the race. So there's no guarentee that Michael would have achieved a higher position because he could have collided with another driver later on, or suffered a puncture, or made a driver error, under your new scenario of there being no first corner incident.

In the same way you can't possibly predict how any other driver would have fared from his position given a particular set of circumstances. If you can agree to that, then you have a point, and hence we have a clean argument for not criticising Schumacher based on a number of unknowns.

Cooper

#483 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 20:15

Your rationale is reasonable and fundamentally correct. I think however that quantitative assessment helps us to understand the race without this incident. Whilst we cannot factor another events based on speculation only, we can however arrive to conclusion, that under event free proceedings, race results wouldn't be as bad as current score board shows. I am not foolish enough to speculate on his probable placing, had he raced accident free, but I rest assured that there were visible signs of progress made since Bahrain in terms of mood, equipment performance, and driver's adaptability to new conditions since he has left. Optimism for forthcoming weekend is fully justified IMO.

Edited by MiPe, 30 March 2010 - 20:17.

#484 MS7XWDC

MS7XWDC

• 305 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 23:24

if Lewis can say 'hey, that extra stop cost me', I thinks it's safe to assume being dropped to 20th and making that 3rd stop cost MS.

#485 TenienteX

TenienteX

• 187 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 23:34

if Lewis can say 'hey, that extra stop cost me', I thinks it's safe to assume being dropped to 20th and making that 3rd stop cost MS.

well lewis was driving his ass off, and seeing the outcome of the race he was disappointed and emotional. but the fact remains that his team was not sure that he could manage the rest of the race on his first set of dry tyres.

the same seems to be possible for both mercedes drivers, and schumachers first stop to change the front-wing is not realy representative, especially with the safety car ontrack.

#486 Anssi

Anssi

• 1,899 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 23:43

If Roseberg had taken that hit would he have been able to finish in the points? Maybe he could have. It is a question with no definitive answer. That said, IMHO based on what I have seen from him in the past, I don’t think he could have done it.

In his first F1 race in Bahrain in 2006 Nico Rosberg dropped to the back after a collision with another car in the first few corners of lap one. He then charged through the field to finish 7th to get 2 points and he also set the fastest lap of the race.

#487 MS7XWDC

MS7XWDC

• 305 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 23:54

well lewis was driving his ass off, and seeing the outcome of the race he was disappointed and emotional. but the fact remains that his team was not sure that he could manage the rest of the race on his first set of dry tyres.

not arguing the merits of why they stopped, merely pointing out the obvious: the extra stop hurt him, as did MS' extra stop ..... it's just common sense

#488 DaleCooper

DaleCooper

• 2,512 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 00:02

In his first F1 race in Bahrain in 2006 Nico Rosberg dropped to the back after a collision with another car in the first few corners of lap one. He then charged through the field to finish 7th to get 2 points and he also set the fastest lap of the race.

Yet in Melbourne on Sunday he finished behind Alonso in 5th despite the fact that Alonso restarted in 18th after his first corner accident. Did Rosberg forget to drive since 2006 ?

Obviously pointing simply at results and focusing on one or two metrics without seeing the full picture will result in just about any conclusion one can pre-conceive.

I tend to think that F1 is just a bit too complicated for most people. But that doesn't stop them from making all sorts of ridiculous conclusions, especially if properly motivated :well:

Cooper

#489 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 12:05

I would not like to underestimate Nico. I am not sure how he will be judged by history ten years from now, but at the moment he is lagging behind Sebastian in terms of development and points, all because this is probably first year he has access to a better car than he has driven at Williams. He has hard measure as a teammate, but we should wait a while with him.

#490 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 12:23

In f1technical forum there is a picture of Michael driving BGP 001 with Mercedes livery at Petronas Event. My first thought was-they changed the W01 nose. Oops. :rolleyes: Hope there is a video somewhere.
Here is Nico. http://twitpic.com/1c5b4f

Edited by ivand911, 31 March 2010 - 12:37.

#491 Sisplatin

Sisplatin

• 501 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 12:24

the same seems to be possible for both mercedes drivers, and schumachers first stop to change the front-wing is not realy representative, especially with the safety car ontrack.

Which part is not representative??
Even with Safety car he lost track position....from 4th to LAST!! :cat:

#492 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 12:46

Which part is not representative??
Even with Safety car he lost track position....from 4th to LAST!! :cat:

[anti-schumacher-fan-mode]no he obviously drove back around caught on to the tale of the pack and overtook all the way back into 4th position[/anti-schumacher-fan-mode]

dont be thinking his extra pit stop so they could see how new tyres would suit nico putting him back behind alguersuaeri whom he had only just over taken had any effect on schumachers finishing position either.
[sarcam]nico would have put on a new nose cone and won the race![/sarcasm]

#493 Owen

Owen

• 10,714 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 13:06

Handbags at dawn :lol:

http://www.jamesalle...ew-hostilities/

#494 merschu

merschu

• 520 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 13:15

In f1technical forum there is a picture of Michael driving BGP 001 with Mercedes livery at Petronas Event.

Here are a few picture of Michael driving the BGP 001:

http://i44.tinypic.com/iog0pe.jpg
http://i41.tinypic.com/2wolzsp.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/nvrygm.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/333zymd.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/2nldd6x.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/etxy54.jpg

Edited by merschu, 31 March 2010 - 13:20.

#495 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 13:47

Michael after driving BGP 001:Can I use this car in the race, Please, Please? :rotfl:
And commentary after James Allen article are great.

#496 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 14:12

I was afraid this will happen. Alonso, as many before him, will be slowly isolated and alone, as champions frequently are. People talking and growing angst between him and Massa, Hamilton, Schumacher, and list will be getting longer and longer.

I would like an unbias expert explain to me what was technical difference in altercation between Button, Alonso and Schumacher in last race to call it a racing accident, and some events in the past Michael was involved in, and all hell broke loose afterwards. (Double standard comes to mind).

#497 nateshan

nateshan

• 132 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 20:53

A lot has been said both ways. There are two views about Schumi's return. One group seems to think that he is showing progress and the other sees his return with poor performance.

One thing is for sure. One of these 2 groups is going to eat their words.

I belong to the first group though. Hope I don't end up eating my words :D.

#498 PNSD

PNSD

• 3,276 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 21:09

His performance is difficult to judge...

On raw pace and race pace he has been 2-3 tenths maximum of Nico, and for 3 years out that is very impressive, considering Nico imo is perhaps one of most under-rated drivers. Anyone who's anyone in F1 rate Nico, and for me thats enough. So looking at it that way you have to say Schumacher's performance so far has been okay, but not great.

Then theres this way to look at it... Pedro de la Rosa has done 9 races since the end of 2002. Yes he has been a test driver, but then again Schumacher had a full 2006 season and the odd test day here and there, and like pedro a full winter program this year but Pedro seems to be as he was. He is as quick, if not quicker than his team-mate.

Now Schumacher being a 7time world champion has more expectation, and rightfully so and compared against Pedro, imo Schumacher has looked poor.

#499 Villes Gilleneuve

Villes Gilleneuve

• 2,248 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 21:12

The return of MS reinforces the reality that in modern F1, you are only as fast as your car, and drivers are basically paid to hang on and not do something stupid.

Advertisement

#500 Rambazamba

Rambazamba

• 356 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 22:21

Michael Schumacher to BILD about...

... the pressure that is growing: "You know what? The pressure, the expectations - I don´t care about that. My substantial target is to have fun. Seriously, I can only say: I have a lot of fun so far"

... his results: "Maybe the people think that I showed nothing so far. But I see it differently. I´m really satisfied with my efforts. Of course: We´re not there with the car yet to win races. However that will happen. We´ll achieve that, by all means."

... the world champioship slipping away already: "We still have all opportunities. I haven´t written off the championship. That´s far too early. The decisive question is how long will it take to develop the car that we can fight at the front. And I´m quite optimistic here."

... the problems with the car: "Our car has a problem while driving behind others. Its aerodynamic is very sensitive. It´s almost impossible for us to overtake others. Something also Nico experienced. Other cars are better in that aspect."