Photo

Michael Schumacher (merged)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20789 replies to this topic

#5451 marchi-91

marchi-91

• 440 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 23:56

And how much it hurt Michael each time he was beat by any of these guys. Because he can´t lose, as we have seen in Hungaroring. He can´t even lose a 10th place, it´s psychologically impossible for him.

As Mika Hakkinen once said, to be a real winner you have to know how to be a loser as well.

and how did that turn out for Michael..
Oh wait :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Advertisement

#5452 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,094 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 01:36

and how did that turn out for Michael..
Oh wait :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You obviously don´t seem to understand Hakkinen´s quote. Wait for the school of life to teach you - the real winner is he who learns to lose graciously.
Michael has still not learned that lesson yet.

#5453 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,094 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 01:38

Posted Image

A banner in Monza today.

Very sincere. Yet, if feeling alive depends on Michael driving in Monza again...means they must have felt dead all the time when Michael was not driving. Mind you, fan comes from fanatic.

#5454 Polle

Polle

• 292 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 02:05

Very sincere. Yet, if feeling alive depends on Michael driving in Monza again...means they must have felt dead all the time when Michael was not driving. Mind you, fan comes from fanatic.

Congrats on finally cracking the meaning on what a fan is..... Of course people lose interest when their heros retire. Oh that right, it's Schumacher! Someone get the fire extinguisher!

#5455 libano

libano

• 235 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 02:29

You obviously don´t seem to understand Hakkinen´s quote. Wait for the school of life to teach you - the real winner is he who learns to lose graciously.

thank you for teaching us these valuable life lessons! with so much to show for in your own life i'm sure even a 7 times world champion would be glued to your lips.

a true guru.

#5456 Muz Bee

Muz Bee

• 2,531 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 04:44

thank you for teaching us these valuable life lessons! with so much to show for in your own life i'm sure even a 7 times world champion would be glued to your lips.

a true guru.

If you fail to learn the lessons of history (and the wise) you are destined to keep repeating the mistakes of the past. I think some fans seem to believe it "sacrilege" not to worship their own idol. The message on the poster was sad, pathetic even. Somehow their life is incomplete without Michael racing, even if he is trundling around getting whipped by the modern quicks. Like the pathetic little "teeny-bopper" girls who used to squeal all the way through The Beatles concerts - they missed the actual main act, which actually was rather good if you appreciate music.

Aditya-now has shown plenty of respect for the past achievements of MS not to be labelled a "hater". Like him I think it's sad that Michael doesn't appreciate when the song is over.
Another session 0.6 off his team-mate's time - a yawning gulf really.

#5457 black magic

black magic

• 3,864 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 05:06

thank god for passionate fans rather than some of the arrogant nonesense written by some.

its a dull world where we are all so disspassionate and mature and wordly like muzza

how that poster could be seen as sad just leaves me speechless.

#5458 marchi-91

marchi-91

• 440 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 06:08

Yes because in the context of motor racing this term really holds true to life.........

I'd rather have what Michael has then what Mika has.

#5459 Polle

Polle

• 292 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 06:32

If you fail to learn the lessons of history (and the wise) you are destined to keep repeating the mistakes of the past. I think some fans seem to believe it "sacrilege" not to worship their own idol. The message on the poster was sad, pathetic even. Somehow their life is incomplete without Michael racing, even if he is trundling around getting whipped by the modern quicks. Like the pathetic little "teeny-bopper" girls who used to squeal all the way through The Beatles concerts - they missed the actual main act, which actually was rather good if you appreciate music.

Aditya-now has shown plenty of respect for the past achievements of MS not to be labelled a "hater". Like him I think it's sad that Michael doesn't appreciate when the song is over.
Another session 0.6 off his team-mate's time - a yawning gulf really.

There is just too much arrogance in this post to warrant a decent response. How a poster cheering on a driver considered sad/pathetic. Just because people have someone to believe in, doesn't mean it is a crime. I find the elitism of some of the posters who are against such passion quite irritating. There are some posters here (not naming) who assume that fans would die by their posters like war banners. These add life to the track and I see no form of sacrilege or single minded worship in there. You are just assuming so which makes me question the actual point of your post.

I'm going to make assumptions that if the poster was for Rosberg or Kov, your opinion would be the same. Maybe it is the elitist people who should learn a cue or two from their own rumblings and loosen up. So what, that he is slower than Rosberg now, people are still giving him support which just shows how much schu has given and contributed since his debut. And now fans are pathetic for doing so, or should not be supporting and undermines how .......*neutral* <sarcasm> some people think they are.

There is no middle point for Schumacher in my opinion. You either love or hate him or atleast leaning closer to one side than the other. There's just so much that has happened during his years that it is impossible to be *neutral*. Whenever someone states that their opinions on Schumacher are neutral, then gives an opinion, I call bull****.

Advertisement

#5460 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 07:54

I also feel alive with F1 because Michael return. Will not comment all sad people who laugh at the banner. What to comment when they don't know what effort is to make, bring and put such banner there. This race they have another banner which is not shown here. The name is "The Finger is coming". Waiting for next banner on the next race. They make haters explode.

#5461 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 08:19

Some pics:
http://i9.fastpic.ru...3edb97e4e97.jpg
Where are Ferrari fans? :) This is only his fans.
http://photofile.ru/...3/162742711.jpg
http://i9.fastpic.ru...e76070c0f67.jpg
http://i9.fastpic.ru...49e0106d237.jpg
http://i9.fastpic.ru...49e0106d237.jpg
http://cache.daylife...0KOgKc/610x.jpg
http://i9.fastpic.ru...ff0e05a5b59.jpg
http://cache.daylife...ct1d8O/610x.jpg
http://i9.fastpic.ru...16181afbab3.jpg
http://i9.fastpic.ru...be399281e51.jpg

#5462 Sof1

Sof1

• 597 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 10:03

Very poor performance from Schu this FP3. Very big diff on his team mate.

#5463 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 10:39

Very poor performance from Schu this FP3. Very big diff on his team mate.

You are right. I hope in Qualy diff will be smaller.

#5464 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 16,933 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 10:58

You are right. I hope in Qualy diff will be smaller.

I am expecting what has been happening all year, this car seems difficult to set up for MS at times this year, we've seen tracks like Spain, Turkey/Monaco/Spa where he has been immediately on the pace from the start, but this car like he said at times earlier in the year gives him limited set up options for his unique style of driving.

So looking at the times, clearly Schumacher is gonna have a bad weekend, his performances with this car depend on certain tracks this year, usually Monza like Canada were tracks he is meant to do well at like Spain/Spa.Monaco which he did, but again it's a odd car/tyre combination for him and certain tracks this year he hasn't found the solution, if he did, it wouldn't of been such a inconsistent year.

If he does ok in quali, great, but I think you can tell alot with MS this year in the practice sessions, at Spain he was immediately on the pace, Monaco as wlell, Canada he was so far down with no reason.

With Michael,he's either really on it or not on it with this car this year. I knew at Spa he would do well like Spain/Monaco,, but a track like Monza historically he'sa legend here, but that doesn't change the car he lept into this year, gotta be the most difficult one he's driven for himself in f1, not let alone getting back into the sport with in the no testing era.

#5465 Cheap Wine Alesi

Cheap Wine Alesi

• 2,723 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 11:49

Might be for you! But not for those hardcore Schumi fans who thought they won't be able to see there idol on the track ever again after 2006!

I know I have said it before, but I cannot resist. Why would any person put so much importance on a person they dont even know or who in reality doesnt matter even slightly to their lives? This is not about schumacher fanboys, but all the fanboys of various celebrities and athletes who go crazy over their "heroes." Do these people have no lives at all?

This banner is from hardcore Russian fans. Very emotional one. I hope Michael will pay attention on it,people did a hard job to create,bring and put it there.

If I was Michael, I would only laugh that some people put so much importance on me.

Congrats on finally cracking the meaning on what a fan is..... Of course people lose interest when their heros retire. Oh that right, it's Schumacher! Someone get the fire extinguisher!

I have had many of my favourite athletes retire, I havent even slightly lost interest in those sports. But of course, I dont see any athletes as heroes and would never spend hours to make a poster for them.

how that poster could be seen as sad just leaves me speechless.

okay, but explain to me why would one place such an emphasis on an athlete who has absolutely nothing to do with your life, who you know almost nothing about and who in the end doesnt care even slightly about you?
I consider it quite sad.

Some pics:
http://i9.fastpic.ru...3edb97e4e97.jpg

Another thing, why would people push against eachother like crazy, waste time, just to get a glimpse of a racing driver and to get their autograph on a piece of paper. I just dont understand it at all.

#5466 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 3,368 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 11:59

I know I have said it before, but I cannot resist. Why would any person put so much importance on a person they dint even know or who in reality doesn't matter even slightly to their lives? This is not about Schumacher fanboys, but all the fanboys of various celebrities and athletes who go crazy over their "heroes." Do these people have no lives at all?

If I was Michael, I would only laugh that some people put so much importance on me.

I have had many of my favourite athletes retire, I havent even slightly lost interest in those sports. But of course, I dont see any athletes as heroes and would never spend hours to make a poster for them.

okay, but explain to me why would one place such an emphasis on an athlete who has absolutely nothing to do with your life, who you know almost nothing about and who in the end doesnt care even slightly about you?
I consider it quite sad.

Another thing, why would people push against eachother like crazy, waste time, just to get a glimpse of a racing driver and to get their autograph on a piece of paper. I just dont understand it at all.

Everybody is different and wanting to meet your idol or hero is just something that certain people want to do or get excited about.

#5467 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,094 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 12:44

Schumacher consistently slower than Rosberg and Barrichello, another disappointment!

I´ll be curious what will be his excuses this time - the error he made in sector 2?

#5468 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,556 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 12:46

no error. Simply he is off 3 tenths in quali pace.

And nice of you to ignore the other Williams.

#5469 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 12:47

Schumacher consistently slower than Rosberg and Barrichello, another disappointment!

I´ll be curious what will be his excuses this time - the error he made in sector 2?

And Hulk beat them all. They all need excuses.

Edited by ivand911, 11 September 2010 - 12:47.

#5470 Wade

Wade

• 426 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 12:47

4th time in a row that he wasnt able to make the top 10.

SMH.

#5471 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 12:51

11th would be better, he could still have more strategy options than 9th and 10th.

#5472 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,094 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 12:57

no error. Simply he is off 3 tenths in quali pace.

And nice of you to ignore the other Williams.

I did not ignore Hülkenberg, in fact his showing is excellent. To Michael however Rosberg and Barrichello (for sentimental reasons) matter more. If you are 12th, it does not really matter who all is ahead of you, fact is you are only 12th. But your teammate always matters, and your "special friends" matter.

#5473 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 3,368 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 13:00

EJ seems to think Schumacher has already chose to leave the team.

#5474 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,094 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 13:02

Rosberg 7th, Schumacher 12th.

What more can you say on a track that is technically not that difficult?

#5475 Cheap Wine Alesi

Cheap Wine Alesi

• 2,723 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 13:02

Based on what?

#5476 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 3,368 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 13:03

Based on what?

Dozens of drivers coming and going out of there Motorhome this weekend. He knows his stuff most of the time so.

#5477 Cheap Wine Alesi

Cheap Wine Alesi

• 2,723 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 13:05

Dozens of drivers coming and going out of there Motorhome this weekend. He knows his stuff most of the time so.

Eddie jordan? The guy is a fool, he gets one thing right among 100 things gotten wrong and then hails himself a hero. Why does BBC waste time with him, I will never know

#5478 dav115

dav115

• 718 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 13:06

Rosberg 7th, Schumacher 12th.

What more can you say on a track that is technically not that difficult?

Technically not that difficult? Trying to pick a perfect braking point approaching a 1st gear chicane at 100 metres per second? Yeah, not difficult at all...

#5479 RedBaron

RedBaron

• 2,799 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 13:06

Maybe they're talking about replacing their test driver who just left the team? Also are we to believe EJ has been camped outside Mercedes watching everyone who goes in/out?

Advertisement

#5480 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,556 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 13:08

Yeah, they are having a "Who wants to replace Michael" driver contest. :rolleyes:

#5481 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 13:21

I think Michael need to start tomorrow on hards. If he get in top 10 will be OK. I think tomorrow at the start will be not easy at first corner.

#5482 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 13:23

Based on what?

based on more stupid pundit comments probably...

EJ spouts so much crap sometimes hes right but 99% of the times hes just beeing controversial for the sake of beeing controversial.

if you watch on the bbc you'll know noone takes EJ seriously even the people he works with he offers very little insight into the ongoings of formula one considering he used to run his own team

#5483 slaveceru

slaveceru

• 180 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 13:32

The margin between Schumacher and Rosberg at the end of qualification was around 0.3 sec as expected so I do not know why some of you in this forum are once again negatively surprised by Schumacher performance. We all know that Rosberg is better than Schumacher this year so how many times we have to read this.

Edited by slaveceru, 11 September 2010 - 13:39.

#5484 Cheap Wine Alesi

Cheap Wine Alesi

• 2,723 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 13:35

based on more stupid pundit comments probably...

EJ spouts so much crap sometimes hes right but 99% of the times hes just beeing controversial for the sake of beeing controversial.

if you watch on the bbc you'll know noone takes EJ seriously even the people he works with he offers very little insight into the ongoings of formula one considering he used to run his own team

For once I agree, eddie jordan is a joke and BBC should fire him. He adds nothing constructive to the broadcast.

The margin between Schumacher and Rosberg at the end of qualification was around 0.2 sec as expected so I do not know why some of you in this forum are once again negatively surprised by Schumacher performance. We all know that Rosberg is better than Schumacher this year so how many times we have to read this.

it was over 0,3 seconds

#5485 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,556 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 13:41

For once I agree, eddie jordan is a joke and BBC should fire him. He adds nothing constructive to the broadcast.

it was over 0,3 seconds

Hey, at least it's not the usual half a sec or more at the tracks that don't work for him. :rotfl:

Edited by Diablobb81, 11 September 2010 - 13:45.

#5486 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,094 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 14:06

Technically not that difficult? Trying to pick a perfect braking point approaching a 1st gear chicane at 100 metres per second? Yeah, not difficult at all...

You are right - too difficult for Michael Schumacher, it seems, but not too difficult for Hülkenberg, Rosberg, Barrichello.

#5487 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 14:13

You are right - too difficult for Michael Schumacher, it seems, but not too difficult for Hülkenberg, Rosberg, Barrichello.

We know starting positions, let's wait to see final positions from the race. Michael need to be careful with Bari, not to be hit from him. Remember Spa?

#5488 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,556 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 14:13

Amazing insight into F1. Brilliant conclusion. One driver is faster than the other on a track.

Btw, you might have missed that the Williams due failed to improve on their q2 time. So it was a little difficult for them too. But just a little. Don't want to ruin you conclusion on how easy it was for anyone else but Schumacher.

Edited by Diablobb81, 11 September 2010 - 14:14.

#5489 wrcva

wrcva

• 1,038 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 15:10

"I am obviously not very happy with our qualifying today but my position is probably what my car was giving me,"

...said Schumacher. :down: :down: :down:

#5490 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 3,368 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 16:17

Its about time people stopped acting histerical when Rosberg beats Schumacher as a fan of Schumachers i admit it is a normal thing for Rosberg to be quicker than him. Yet at the end of every race weekend people act so suprised including the media. You could all see he was clearly struggliing with the car and was all over the place 12th is the max that could be done.

#5491 vovelo

vovelo

• 87 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 16:22

Can somebody provide me number of chassic which Schumi use this week-end ?
Still very old №2 ?

Edited by vovelo, 11 September 2010 - 16:23.

#5492 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 16:24

Can somebody provide me number of chassic which Schumi use this week-end ?
Still very old №2 ?

I think he have new chassis from Spa. That was the plan.

#5493 dav115

dav115

• 718 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 17:01

"I am obviously not very happy with our qualifying today but my position is probably what my car was giving me,"

...said Schumacher. :down: :down: :down:

How is that worth a thumbs down? All he's saying is that he and his engineer have failed to come up with a working setup this weekend, as shown by him struggling with the car all over the place.

#5494 vovelo

vovelo

• 87 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 17:27

I think he have new chassis from Spa. That was the plan.

I heard about this plan as well :)
But if you see this file http://formulaone.sw...-13-Belgium.xls
then you could find there table of chassic numbers for each driver .

This is chassic numbers for Nico and Michael since Bahrain :
Schumacher :
03 Bahrain - China
01 Spain - Britain
02 Germany - Belgium

Rosberg
02 Bahrain - Britain
04 Germany - Belgium

even in Belgium GP race report made by Petronas (official sponsor of Mercedes team) you could see №02 chassic for Michael and 04 for Nico :
http://www.petmos.co...ace-Report.aspx

Edited by vovelo, 11 September 2010 - 17:29.

#5495 britishtrident

britishtrident

• 1,954 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 18:20

How is that worth a thumbs down? All he's saying is that he and his engineer have failed to come up with a working setup this weekend, as shown by him struggling with the car all over the place.

Yeah right ----- it is the enginers fault Roseberg has been much nearer the front all season the massively experienced setup guru and multi wdc Schumcher setup is just a passenger. Funny thing the two sides of the Brawn garage were much more evenly matched last year.

#5496 wrcva

wrcva

• 1,038 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 18:26

:down: = (another lame excuse)

if it was one race, you would be right but most of the season is a "trend" -- in his case it is a statistically significant trend as compared w/ his average teammate...

#5497 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 18:40

I heard about this plan as well :)
But if you see this file http://formulaone.sw...-13-Belgium.xls
then you could find there table of chassic numbers for each driver .

This is chassic numbers for Nico and Michael since Bahrain :
Schumacher :
03 Bahrain - China
01 Spain - Britain
02 Germany - Belgium

Rosberg
02 Bahrain - Britain
04 Germany - Belgium

even in Belgium GP race report made by Petronas (official sponsor of Mercedes team) you could see №02 chassic for Michael and 04 for Nico :
http://www.petmos.co...ace-Report.aspx

You mean that Nico get new chassis in Germany, where Michael get his old chassis? Maybe, but that was not the plan.

#5498 dav115

dav115

• 718 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 18:42

Yeah right ----- it is the enginers fault Roseberg has been much nearer the front all season the massively experienced setup guru and multi wdc Schumcher setup is just a passenger. Funny thing the two sides of the Brawn garage were much more evenly matched last year.

No, it's the "fault" of the Rosberg/Clear partnership getting a better setup more times than not. You only need to compare Rosberg and Schumacher through parabolica (where front end bite, or lack of it in Schumacher's case) is extremely evident to see that they are doing a better job. Let's not forget that Michael is with the same engineer who last year struggled massively with Jenson at points in the season to generate heat in the tyres, leading to a large drop in speed compared to Rubens/Clear. Other times it has been the opposite way round, i.e. Barcelona where Rosberg was getting absolutely slaughtered by Schumacher, a large part of which was down to setup.

#5499 dav115

dav115

• 718 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 18:43

You mean that Nico get new chassis in Germany, where Michael get his old chassis? Maybe, but that was not the plan.

Interesting, I thought Mercedes said they were going to give Michael the new chassis at Spa?

Advertisement

#5500 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 18:50

No, it's the "fault" of the Rosberg/Clear partnership getting a better setup more times than not. You only need to compare Rosberg and Schumacher through parabolica (where front end bite, or lack of it in Schumacher's case) is extremely evident to see that they are doing a better job. Let's not forget that Michael is with the same engineer who last year struggled massively with Jenson at points in the season to generate heat in the tyres, leading to a large drop in speed compared to Rubens/Clear. Other times it has been the opposite way round, i.e. Barcelona where Rosberg was getting absolutely slaughtered by Schumacher, a large part of which was down to setup.

I think Jock Clear is working as race engineer much longer than Shovlin. And, yes combination Nico/Clear/car/tyres is working better this year.

Edited by ivand911, 11 September 2010 - 18:52.