Photo

Michael Schumacher (merged)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20789 replies to this topic

#5551 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 15:17

He start with softs according this picture: http://www.gpupdate..../162239/#162239
But this was smartest thing to do, because they lasted long. There was not advantages to start with hards. They could give him only problems at the start. But, still his drive was very good.

Advertisement

#5552 man

man

• 1,300 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 15:25

you realise schumacher was on hard tyres
rosberg was on soft tyres

maybe you dont actually wnay an inteligent discussion with logic though

lets pretend hard tyres arent slower than soft tyres so you can have your post though eh?

no point schumacher started on hard tyres if they pit him at the same time as everyone on soft anyway

So what have we learned from above five lines? Everything you mentioned as fact, is in fact a falsehood.

Fanatism in a nutshell.

#5553 sosidge

sosidge

• 1,559 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 15:25

Ross Brawn on BBC F1 Forum basically quashes the Schumacher rumours and says he'll be there in 2011.

Team boss in "contracted driver not leaving" shocker!

Eddie Jordan's conspir-ometer has been bouncing off the scale this weekend with the comings and gongs at Mercedes. Then again, it went crazy again when Vettel slowed down...

#5554 mtknot

mtknot

• 615 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 15:26

I don't know whats with this brackley team but they have the knack for inconsistency, one year they produce an astonishing car, the next a piece of junk O-o

#5555 man

man

• 1,300 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 15:28

Don't you understand that you are on wrong thread. There is no Nico in this thread. For the last time : He was also in free air and Kubica was all the time 2 sec behind him, the same with Hulk. He wasn't faster than them. He was leading the train.

M Schumacher was slower than Rosberg for virtually every lap of the entire weekend. M Schumacher had clear air in front of him for most of the race. Why is that so difficult to comprehend my friend? ;-)

#5556 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • RC Forum Admin

• 15,883 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 15:41

Please take the teammate discussion to the appropriate thread.

#5557 Paco

Paco

• 1,031 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 15:41

I don't know whats with this brackley team but they have the knack for inconsistency, one year they produce an astonishing car, the next a piece of junk O-o

You don't know what's wrong..

it's called MONEY in 2009..
it's called lack of direction at the start of the 2009 season on how they'd finish as a team and who would partner up with Brawn and at what capacity.
it's the current set of regulations banning in season testing..
it's the current set of regulations not allowing modification to the primary chassis etc.

They messed up the 2010 design mid-year in 2009 and unfortunately, under current regulations can not do anything about it.

Edited by Paco, 12 September 2010 - 15:42.

#5558 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 2,786 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 18:02

If I were a team owner I would rather have Hamilton, Alonso, Button, Vettel, Webber, Rosberg, Massa, Kubica, Hulk, Sutil, Kolv, Trulli, Barrichello, Glock, Kobayashi and possibly Petrov (considering his scope for improvement) in my team. That is 15 or 16 drivers that I would have preference over M Schumacher.

Half those drivers have psychological problems and definately aren't team leaders or worthy of a top seat.

#5559 man

man

• 1,300 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 18:29

Half those drivers have psychological problems and definately aren't team leaders or worthy of a top seat.

Perhaps. However, I think all with the possible exception of 1 or 2 would produce better results than M Schumacher given the same opportunities in 2011.

Advertisement

#5560 eoin

eoin

• 5,010 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 19:08

Perhaps. However, I think all with the possible exception of 1 or 2 would produce better results than M Schumacher given the same opportunities in 2011.

Only Hulk, Sutil, Kolv, Trulli, Barrichello, Glock, Kobayashi would consider leaving there current team for Mercedes and I doubt any of them are any faster than the current subpar Schumacher. Mercedes took a gamble on Schumacher, Schumacher took a gamble on Mercedes and neither really paid off.

Edited by eoin, 12 September 2010 - 19:10.

#5561 jannyg

jannyg

• 109 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 19:15

I've defended Schumi alot here, still am. If we look down the field its clear to see the two drivers notably struggling: Schumacher and Liuzzi. Both guys haven't really closed the gap to their teammates over the season, if anything the gap has increased. Both are drivers with a long hiatus from the sport. PDLR was out for a while also but he isnt being beaten to this affect.

For example if we look at how Hulkenburg has closed the gap to Barrichello in qualifying and race trim since Canada, then it kinda shows me that its more than just tires affecting MS. Generally this season it has looked like the drivers with past year tire experience were benefitting this season, but Hulkenburg is proving that the gap can be closed. With Liuzzi its more likely that he's not good enough. So why is the gap between MS and NR increasing?

If Mercedes does produce a beast next year, i cant see how MS is finding 5tenths to challenge NR.

#5562 JackTorrance

JackTorrance

• 2,065 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 19:16

I have a hunch Eddie Jordan will quit F1 coverage. Thank God!!

#5563 eoin

eoin

• 5,010 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 19:26

I've defended Schumi alot here, still am. If we look down the field its clear to see the two drivers notably struggling: Schumacher and Liuzzi. Both guys haven't really closed the gap to their teammates over the season, if anything the gap has increased. Both are drivers with a long hiatus from the sport. PDLR was out for a while also but he isnt being beaten to this affect.

For example if we look at how Hulkenburg has closed the gap to Barrichello in qualifying and race trim since Canada, then it kinda shows me that its more than just tires affecting MS. Generally this season it has looked like the drivers with past year tire experience were benefitting this season, but Hulkenburg is proving that the gap can be closed. With Liuzzi its more likely that he's not good enough. So why is the gap between MS and NR increasing?

If Mercedes does produce a beast next year, i cant see how MS is finding 5tenths to challenge NR.

Where are you getting 5 tenths? He lost 15s over 53 laps, which is an average of .28 per lap but it is probably closer to .18 as he would of been 5s behind after the first lap. It's still a big gap in F1 terms, but there is no need to over state it. However in qualifying it's usually a tenth more.
As for Hulk, he is a rookie up against a guy that isn't among the top teir of drivers. Rosberg on the other hand- his speed is still a little unknown but he does seem to be fast everywhere and in all conditions. I think he could be as fast anyone out there but only time will tell that.

Edited by eoin, 12 September 2010 - 19:30.

#5564 jannyg

jannyg

• 109 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 20:03

Where are you getting 5 tenths? He lost 15s over 53 laps, which is an average of .28 per lap but it is probably closer to .18 as he would of been 5s behind after the first lap. It's still a big gap in F1 terms, but there is no need to over state it. However in qualifying it's usually a tenth more.
As for Hulk, he is a rookie up against a guy that isn't among the top teir of drivers. Rosberg on the other hand- his speed is still a little unknown but he does seem to be fast everywhere and in all conditions. I think he could be as fast anyone out there but only time will tell that.

Yeah sorry maybe 5 tenths was overstepping it, i was only looking at some of the qualfying times since Bahrain via the BBC site. But alot of the times that Rosberg has beaten MS in qualy the gap has been abit large especially if you look at the fastest lap classifications.

Barrichello may not be top tier but im merely stating that Hulkenberg is proving that a driver who was struggling initially can improve over the season. MS could have at least been abit more closer to NR at this stage of the season. So it leads me to think Schumacher is struggling with something other than tyres. Just my opinion

#5565 britishtrident

britishtrident

• 1,954 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 20:10

Ross Brawn on BBC F1 Forum basically quashes the Schumacher rumours and says he'll be there in 2011.

I won't bother quoting Mandy Rice Davies

#5566 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 07:06

I am sorry that some guys come here disappointed. But,this is their problem and their problem only. I, like Michael fan accept his performance this year, like I accepted it in his 15 years before 2006. Before race I said I would be happy if he get in top 10. And guess what, I am happy now. Michael was in the points, which are awarded to the good drivers. For drivers who have place in F1. You can speak BS , as much as you want ,this will not change the fact. He is not last in WDC, they will get maybe 4th place in WCC. For this I think they need 25-30 points more to be sure. He is one place behind his teammate in WDC. But, I am sure if even he was now with 10 points more than Nico , there would be people coming here and telling that this is not enough for 7WDC and he need to retire. To all disappointed guys, we don't share your sentiment and we don't care. As I said before: good or bad ,on the track.

Edited by ivand911, 13 September 2010 - 07:07.

#5567 Frans

Frans

• 7,701 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 08:14

Schumacher doesn't like tires and fast turning cars .... hmmmm, sounds like a Belgium joke no? :rotfl:

#5568 Owen

Owen

• 10,274 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 08:28

Interesting comments on the Red Button forum by Eddie Irvine about Schumacher (in relation to Massa). :eek:

#5569 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 2,786 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 08:37

I personally don't think it has increased. It has remained static with a few exceptions in Schumacher's favour; Barcelona, Monaco, Turkey and Spa.

In Germany they were very closely matched throughout.
In Hungary, IIRC Schumacher had the faster lap.
Spa - Schumacher had a slight edge in pace and Nico only got past when his wet race set up favoured his car in the conditions.

In terms of pace I don't Schumacher is that far behind considering but his qualifying pace is probably 50% at fault for his woes. There's no reason for him to quit, considering that the prospects - on paper at least - look better for 2011.

It's quite funny, all the haters and critics come out of the woodwork and revel in Schumacher's woes when things aren't going to plan but this forum is eerily quiet when he has a half decent showing. So he only needs to quit when he is doing bad but should stay when he is doing half well? Very balanced... :rolleyes:

I'm glad some of you don't run your own F1 teams!

Edited by Ferrari_F1_fan_2001, 13 September 2010 - 08:43.

#5570 rog

rog

• 906 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 08:43

And to prove my words, there were often voices in his former team Williams Toyota, saying that they were not quite happy with him. I remember Frank saying last year that they had better car than results or something like that.

You misunderstood this. The team made some errors and lost important points (especially early in the year) The team was very happy with him.

Lol because the pit stop was messed up and he was out of the race. He was much faster in Hungary.

Edited by rog, 13 September 2010 - 08:44.

#5571 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 6,778 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 08:47

I am sorry that some guys come here disappointed. But,this is their problem and their problem only. I, like Michael fan accept his performance this year, like I accepted it in his 15 years before 2006. Before race I said I would be happy if he get in top 10. And guess what, I am happy now.

Happy for you that you are happy, Ivan.

I am disappointed - although I never liked Schumacher, I have always rated him highly and felt that he could be a real contender again in 2010. Come China I knew Michael´s not gonna cut it. Now the question is simply, will they again have a special agreement with the tyre manufacturer to help Michael and is it going to work in 2011?

So you are happy and I am disappointed, yet the important thing is - is Michael happy with his own showings? If he is, all is well. If he is not, he will do everything possible to come back to real competitiveness, such is the spirit of Michael.

If he doesn´t make it again in 2011 I think he is going to retire. His stubbornness of course could even warrant him driving in 2012. If that will make him better at the age of 43 is an interesting question.

Edited by aditya-now, 13 September 2010 - 08:49.

#5572 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 09:04

Interesting comments on the Red Button forum by Eddie Irvine about Schumacher (in relation to Massa). :eek:

And the comment was?

#5573 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 2,786 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 09:20

You misunderstood this. The team made some errors and lost important points (especially early in the year) The team was very happy with him.

Lol because the pit stop was messed up and he was out of the race. He was much faster in Hungary.

Was that before or after he amassed a Trulli-esque train behind him?

#5574 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 2,786 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 09:25

Happy for you that you are happy, Ivan.

I am disappointed - although I never liked Schumacher, I have always rated him highly and felt that he could be a real contender again in 2010. Come China I knew Michael´s not gonna cut it. Now the question is simply, will they again have a special agreement with the tyre manufacturer to help Michael and is it going to work in 2011?

So you are happy and I am disappointed, yet the important thing is - is Michael happy with his own showings? If he is, all is well. If he is not, he will do everything possible to come back to real competitiveness, such is the spirit of Michael.

If he doesn´t make it again in 2011 I think he is going to retire. His stubbornness of course could even warrant him driving in 2012. If that will make him better at the age of 43 is an interesting question.

Schumacher is too arrogant and stubborn to quit. It is what characatarised his 1991-2006 career; the refusal to give up and push to the limit in terms of fitness, motivation, resources etc. Whether or not he can cut it is another matter. It won't stop him however.

I also think he is mentally too strong for the likes of the media and Rosberg to affect him. I also believe the Mercedes team value his input more than Rosberg's and have a feeling that the 2011 car will be geared more towards HIS preferences than Nico's. One doesn't know how Rosberg would cope in a top car and he could be another Fisichella - look great in a mid field car but falls at the last hurdle in a top flight car - whereas Schumacher is proven in a top flight team and top flight car. I hope Nico isn't another Fisichella however.

#5575 rog

rog

• 906 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 09:31

Was that before or after he amassed a Trulli-esque train behind him?

Only Kubica was directly behind him. Without error a stable sixth place.

#5576 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 6,778 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 09:44

Schumacher is too arrogant and stubborn to quit. It is what characatarised his 1991-2006 career; the refusal to give up and push to the limit in terms of fitness, motivation, resources etc. Whether or not he can cut it is another matter. It won't stop him however.

I also think he is mentally too strong for the likes of the media and Rosberg to affect him. I also believe the Mercedes team value his input more than Rosberg's and have a feeling that the 2011 car will be geared more towards HIS preferences than Nico's. One doesn't know how Rosberg would cope in a top car and he could be another Fisichella - look great in a mid field car but falls at the last hurdle in a top flight car - whereas Schumacher is proven in a top flight team and top flight car. I hope Nico isn't another Fisichella however.

:up:

Very valid analysis.

#5577 jannyg

jannyg

• 109 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 10:45

I personally don't think it has increased. It has remained static with a few exceptions in Schumacher's favour; Barcelona, Monaco, Turkey and Spa.

In Germany they were very closely matched throughout.
Spa - Schumacher had a slight edge in pace and Nico only got past when his wet race set up favoured his car in the conditions.

In terms of pace I don't Schumacher is that far behind considering but his qualifying pace is probably 50% at fault for his woes. There's no reason for him to quit, considering that the prospects - on paper at least - look better for 2011.

It's quite funny, all the haters and critics come out of the woodwork and revel in Schumacher's woes when things aren't going to plan but this forum is eerily quiet when he has a half decent showing. So he only needs to quit when he is doing bad but should stay when he is doing half well? Very balanced... :rolleyes:

I'm glad some of you don't run your own F1 teams!

What did i say previously that makes me a hater?? All im trying to say is that i dont feel the gap has decreased and that i feel it is more than tyres which are the problem. I never mentioned anything about him quitting.

Brawn and everybody inside MGP have the data that i dont so my talk and your talk is speculation for now, if Schumi continues next year which i think he will then it will be down to him seeing something in the data which convinces him that he will be closer to Nico.

#5578 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 11:56

What did i say previously that makes me a hater?? All im trying to say is that i dont feel the gap has decreased and that i feel it is more than tyres which are the problem. I never mentioned anything about him quitting.

Brawn and everybody inside MGP have the data that i dont so my talk and your talk is speculation for now, if Schumi continues next year which i think he will then it will be down to him seeing something in the data which convinces him that he will be closer to Nico.

I am sure if MGP are not happy with Michael or if they don't know the answer for his performance, he will not drive for them next season. If he is with them, maybe there is good answer.

#5579 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 2,786 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 12:10

Sorry JannyG, I didn't mean to imply you were a hater, I was infact talking about the general feeling around here when Schumacher doesn't do so well that all the critics come out in force but are ominously quiet when he appears to be doing decent.

Advertisement

#5580 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • RC Forum Admin

• 15,883 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 12:14

Sorry JannyG, I didn't mean to imply you were a hater, I was infact talking about the general feeling around here when Schumacher doesn't do so well that all the critics come out in force but are ominously quiet when he appears to be doing decent.

To be fair, him 'doing decent' is what everyone expected at the start of the season and therefore there's very little to say. It's a compliment.

#5581 metz

metz

• 9,587 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 12:27

It IS fair to say that Monza was one of Michael's better races this year... :up:

#5582 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 12:31

To be fair, him 'doing decent' is what everyone expected at the start of the season and therefore there's very little to say. It's a compliment.

To be fair we expected a lot from the team too. Winner car.

Edited by ivand911, 13 September 2010 - 12:31.

#5583 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 2,786 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 12:35

To be fair we also expected better from BA..I mean Hond....I mean Braw....I mean Mercedes.

It's a trend we've seen from BAR/HONDA/BRAWN in the last few years. Their technical department seems to either produce a great car or a complete stinker. Let's hope that next year's car is a great one so both drivers can be at the front where they deserve.

#5584 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • RC Forum Admin

• 15,883 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 12:50

Again with the car thing. Take the discussion to the Rosberg and Schumacher scorecard and see how well it holds up.

#5585 Murdoch

Murdoch

• 317 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 12:51

And the comment was?

It was along the lines of....

Irvine thought that in 2006, Massa had developed so much that he was nearly matching Schmacher in his prime, but now seeing him against Alonso, he says it was obviously down to Schumacher 'fading' rather than Massa coming up to Schumachers previous high level.

And that was 4 years ago! No wonder he can't perform now, his ability had already started to fade in 2006, maybe even 2005?

Now in 2010! ha ha!

Next year he's gonna be slower :wave:

#5586 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 15:59

Irvine thought that in 2006, Massa had developed so much that he was nearly matching Schmacher in his prime, but now seeing him against Alonso, he says it was obviously down to Schumacher 'fading' rather than Massa coming up to Schumachers previous high level.

And that was 4 years ago! No wonder he can't perform now, his ability had already started to fade in 2006, maybe even 2005?

Now in 2010! ha ha!

Massa finish 2006 with 2/3 of the points Michael have. For now his percentage is better against Alonso. Will see.

#5587 Tenmantaylor

Tenmantaylor

• 7,994 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 16:08

Massa finish 2006 with 2/3 of the points Michael have. For now his percentage is better against Alonso. Will see.

Not saying I fully agree with Eddie but most people think Massa has improved alot since 06. For me he peaked in 08 but in the second half of this season he is getting back to his best post-head injury. On the whole I think he's closer to Alonso now than he was in his two seasons against Schumacher.

#5588 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 2,786 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 16:10

Now in 2010! ha ha!

Massa was outqualified, out raced and out scored by Schumacher by a significant margin. There are plenty of people out there that can (or could) match Schumacher for one lap pace, but not his consistency and that is what set him apart from other drivers. Infact, there are probably a dozen F1 drivers who are/were possibly faster than Schumacher in terms of raw 1 lap pace.

Edited by Ferrari_F1_fan_2001, 13 September 2010 - 16:11.

#5589 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 6,778 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 15:19

It´s funny to see the Michael Schumacher thread muted for two full days.

The Schumacher antagonists have not much more to add after Monza, and the Schumacher apologists have not much more to defend after Monza. That´s the way things go, Schumacher is fading.

What I found funny was Eddie Jordan´s wild theories on Michael´s departure from the team and how he pulled back when Jake asked him about it..... :lol:

#5590 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,289 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 15:45

The Schumacher antagonists have not much more to add after Monza, and the Schumacher apologists have not much more to defend after Monza. That´s the way things go, Schumacher is fading.

Great conclusion at page 140 of the thread. See you at page 280, with the same conclusion. :lol:

Edited by Diablobb81, 15 September 2010 - 15:46.

#5591 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 2,786 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 16:35

What I found funny was Eddie Jordan´s wild theories on Michael´s departure from the team and how he pulled back when Jake asked him about it..... :lol:

Eddie Jordan was on typical EJ form all weekend, like a journalist from a gutter-press newspaper; coming up with wild theories with nothing to back them up.

Gotta say, at least he's consistent. Just when I was warming him to him as well :D

#5592 dav115

dav115

• 710 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 16:46

Massa was outqualified, out raced and out scored by Schumacher by a significant margin. There are plenty of people out there that can (or could) match Schumacher for one lap pace, but not his consistency and that is what set him apart from other drivers. Infact, there are probably a dozen F1 drivers who are/were possibly faster than Schumacher in terms of raw 1 lap pace.

I do wonder how much of that is down to setup vs driving style - I remember a similar discussion being had on here comparing Kovalainen and Hamilton, and the discussion was finished when Hamilton gave an interview in which he said Heikki ran a much more qualifying oriented setup (what this would entail specifically, I don't know) as opposed to Lewis' race setup, explaining the fact that Heikki was frequently as quick/quicker (ignoring his Q3 truck like fuel loads). Of course this only applies now we have Parc Fermé, and whilst I do recall some stunning qualifying performances from Schumacher in his early career (e.g. Monaco '96), I can't quite remember when PF came into play so can't compare his qualifying form before and after.

#5593 Frans

Frans

• 7,701 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 21:16

I even think Schumacher was losing it the last season he did for Ferrari(2006).... His margin to Massa wasn't that big anymore, was Massa getting better or was Schumacher just losing it there already(?), I think the latter. And is his Mercedes story so far the same line he already was walking back then? .... I think so...

#5594 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 6,778 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 21:20

I even think Schumacher was losing it the last season he did for Ferrari(2006).... His margin to Massa wasn't that big anymore, was Massa getting better or was Schumacher just losing it there already(?), I think the latter. And is his Mercedes story so far the same line he already was walking back then? .... I think so...

Just watched the Eddie Irvine interview at the BBC Forum in Monza, and his point that Schumacher was already fading in 2006 isn´t that far-fetched. Of course, the few remaining hard core Schumacher fans that are vocal here on the BB (I count about 15 of them here) will not want to hear it, but they are worshipping a pilot on the descent.

#5595 baddog

baddog

• 23,038 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 23:56

The fact that you have stopped spamming the threads with repetitive criticisms is evidence that he is 'fading'?

Yeah. That makes sense.

#5596 Muz Bee

Muz Bee

• 2,525 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 03:41

The fact that you have stopped spamming the threads with repetitive criticisms is evidence that he is 'fading'?

Yeah. That makes sense.

Just a defender of the faith perhaps - or should that be non-faith. :lol:
Michael will inevitably always attract much media activity and polarised opinions. I have strong, but ambivalent views of him, like Senna. Funny that some accuse me of being a "hater".
I find your posts usually have a balance FWIW. :)

#5597 baddog

baddog

• 23,038 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 03:58

Just a defender of the faith perhaps - or should that be non-faith. :lol:
Michael will inevitably always attract much media activity and polarised opinions. I have strong, but ambivalent views of him, like Senna. Funny that some accuse me of being a "hater".
I find your posts usually have a balance FWIW. :)

Its simple enough.. Michael had a quiet race, not bad but not great. There isnt that much to talk about which is why people arent talking that much. Events elsewhere are much more interesting this week (yay nick)

I was simply commenting on the silly remark made here that noone talking was symbolic of something. Maybe just of symbolism in general.

And yes, there is still a core of people prepared to think about things and express nuanced views around here.. There always has been. Its the only reason Im here at all now, I decided I can see past the white noise after all.

#5598 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 05:02

Its simple enough.. Michael had a quiet race, not bad but not great. There isnt that much to talk about which is why people arent talking that much. Events elsewhere are much more interesting this week (yay nick)

I was simply commenting on the silly remark made here that noone talking was symbolic of something. Maybe just of symbolism in general.

And yes, there is still a core of people prepared to think about things and express nuanced views around here.. There always has been. Its the only reason Im here at all now, I decided I can see past the white noise after all.

It also shows his dislike or contempt for the car, Monza being a reasonably simple non technical track, isn't the track that you will find big differences in the drivers. Coulthart mentioned the same after he watched MS for a bit.

Try the ignore option, actually makes a difference.

#5599 boost

boost

• 2,152 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 12:48

Hearing that Sutil is leading contender to replace Schumacher at season's end IF he leaves Mercedes. Sutil out of contract at Force India
legardj@legardj

Advertisement

#5600 Cheap Wine Alesi

Cheap Wine Alesi

• 2,723 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 12:55

I would be quite dissapointed if Schumacher was kicked out after this season, I am quite looking forward to seeing him embarass himself next year just like he has this year. After all, someone has to provide the comedy and his performances have often done just that.