Photo

Michael Schumacher (merged)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20789 replies to this topic

#5651 dav115

dav115

• 716 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 12:30

From what I see with the many in car hours I have of this year, MS has turn in OS which turns into mid corner US necessitating snap OS on exit.

The snap exit OS was very visable at Monza and nothing like any incar of MS's style in the previous era.

You are correct - when I thought about my original post and compared it to the footage I have seen this year it didn't match, so I watched the BBC interview again and it turns out my post was the wrong way round :blush:.

Advertisement

#5652 Mandzipop

Mandzipop
  • RC Forum Host

• 4,134 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 12:48

Ooo - interesting. Whatever you can tell us then (or clarify a little more on what is already in the public domain) will be good. Otherwise, don't risk saying stuff you think you're unable to.

I was listening in on a conversation from some guys from Mercedes in a pub in Brackley on Friday night (whilst pretending to read this weeks Autosport mag). On Saturday I was at the World Series by Renault, and whilst I was in the motorhome (well more of a kitchen than anything else) I mentioned the conversation that I had overheard and one of the guys that had worked with him (back in the Benneton days) said he was wonderful to work with and a genuinely nice man who knows how to make people feel really special, he also mentioned that Michael was a hard worker. There isn't that much I can add, other than the way Michael treats people which was very evident that it was a glowing report.

I guess some people really must just have that knack of making people feel good and make you want to do your best to help them in anyway you can. I got the distinct impression Michael was one of those people.

It is stuff that is in the public domain but I heard it from people that are and have worked with him. Thats all. What a fantastic weekend.

#5653 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 13:04

If I was living close to Brackley( I live very very far from there), this would be my favourite pub from now on(Friday night especially). Next time use other magazine, Autosport mag is telling to much. :) Thanks.

#5654 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 6,980 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 13:43

I was listening in on a conversation from some guys from Mercedes in a pub in Brackley on Friday night (whilst pretending to read this weeks Autosport mag). On Saturday I was at the World Series by Renault, and whilst I was in the motorhome (well more of a kitchen than anything else) I mentioned the conversation that I had overheard and one of the guys that had worked with him (back in the Benneton days) said he was wonderful to work with and a genuinely nice man who knows how to make people feel really special, he also mentioned that Michael was a hard worker. There isn't that much I can add, other than the way Michael treats people which was very evident that it was a glowing report.

I guess some people really must just have that knack of making people feel good and make you want to do your best to help them in anyway you can. I got the distinct impression Michael was one of those people.

It is stuff that is in the public domain but I heard it from people that are and have worked with him. Thats all. What a fantastic weekend.

Thanks for your kind report, Mandzipop.

Indeed, Michael knows when to make people feel good and special - when it profits him.
Also, Michael knows, when to make people feel awkward and bad (ask Barrichello, Irvine, Frentzen, Hill et al) - again, if and when it is helpful to Michael´s pursuits, he is ready to literally put other people into the wall.

So you can have it both ways with Michael.

On that note: I was always very suspicious about the weak showing of Irvine in Japan 1999, when he was 2 seconds off the pace. Finally, with Eddie Irvine giving his interview in the BBC Forum after Monza, my view is confirmed. Of course Michael wanted to become the first Ferrari WDC since Jody Scheckter....
You may think it´s sour grapes. I rather see it as a typical insight into Michael Schumacher´s character.

#5655 iakhtar

iakhtar

• 182 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 15:40

Thanks for your kind report, Mandzipop.

Indeed, Michael knows when to make people feel good and special - when it profits him.
Also, Michael knows, when to make people feel awkward and bad (ask Barrichello, Irvine, Frentzen, Hill et al) - again, if and when it is helpful to Michael´s pursuits, he is ready to literally put other people into the wall.

So you can have it both ways with Michael.

On that note: I was always very suspicious about the weak showing of Irvine in Japan 1999, when he was 2 seconds off the pace. Finally, with Eddie Irvine giving his interview in the BBC Forum after Monza, my view is confirmed. Of course Michael wanted to become the first Ferrari WDC since Jody Scheckter....
You may think it´s sour grapes. I rather see it as a typical insight into Michael Schumacher´s character.

In my opinion that is simply on track ruthlessness, a trait which ultimately has been very successful for him, his true weakness being the inability to realise when that ruthlessness went too far.

#5656 pRy

pRy

• 10,855 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 10:52

More talk that Schumacher may be off:

http://joesaward.wor...ael-schumacher/

Joe suggested the German media would accept a "it's my neck" reasoning but personally I don't agree. I think if he did blame his neck everyone would see straight through it and it would be a rather silly excuse. Perhaps we saw a hint of the approach Schumacher may take in the recent BBC interview where he suggested he may not be as quick as the young drivers now... maybe if Schumacher does decide to not race next year, he will simply be honest and state he isn't quick enough now to compete against the younger drivers.

I don't think that will do him any discredit what so ever... everyone gets old.. and everyone knows and accepts that age hinders performance eventually. I think if Schumacher was open about this people will respect him for that and respect him for having a go.

So if you're reading this Michael.. be honest and open, your fans will salute that far more than an excuse relating to your neck.

#5657 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 2,959 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 11:57

If he does retire and bullshits about the reasons why - ie makes an excuse like his neck - his legacy will be damage - IMO.

If he is honest, I think he'll probably come out of it better and his legacy will be enhanced. Afterall, he still has a very high level of speed and is better than 8-10 drivers on the current grid despite the age/sabbatical issues.

I think he'll stick around however.

#5658 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 12:28

This is typical article by Joe about MS. Nothing new from this guy. He never write about English drivers or criticize them? Because he write what his public want to listen. He wouldn't be popular if he say that some English driver did mistake or is wrong about something. But what do with the guy , he try to survive.

#5659 Lifew12

Lifew12

• 4,551 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 12:44

This is typical article by Joe about MS. Nothing new from this guy. He never write about English drivers or criticize them? Because he write what his public want to listen. He wouldn't be popular if he say that some English driver did mistake or is wrong about something. But what do with the guy , he try to survive.

Well, with respect Ivan, Saward can be equally hard hitting with British drivers. Or Spanish, or French, or whatever, if there is something to be written. I'm not his greatest fan, but you have to take on board that he opens this piece with a line that clearly explains it is speculation. That's what we deal in on here, too. There is nothing particularly new in what he says - it's what myself and many others have speculated about all season - and while Saward is known not to be a fan of Michael, he's right: there is increasing speculation that he will retire.

Advertisement

#5660 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 2,959 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 15:57

Well, with respect Ivan, Saward can be equally hard hitting with British drivers. Or Spanish, or French, or whatever, if there is something to be written. I'm not his greatest fan, but you have to take on board that he opens this piece with a line that clearly explains it is speculation. That's what we deal in on here, too. There is nothing particularly new in what he says - it's what myself and many others have speculated about all season - and while Saward is known not to be a fan of Michael, he's right: there is increasing speculation that he will retire.

I don't think he will retire. I think he'll want to see how he does in a car more suited to his driving style and preferences. Afterall, the MGP team have been tailoring the car towards MS's (or NR's) needs since the middle of the year. There's no need for him to retire - yet anyway.

#5661 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 16:06

there is increasing speculation that he will retire.

And from where speculations like this came from? From the same guys all the time: Joe, EJ and other pundits. :) I prefer to trust RB, NH and Michael when they talk about future.

Edited by ivand911, 20 September 2010 - 16:07.

#5662 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 17:09

And from where speculations like this came from? From the same guys all the time: Joe, EJ and other pundits. :) I prefer to trust RB, NH and Michael when they talk about future.

increasing speculation ir just that BS to try and get views on some guys blog, isnt this the same guy whos been bashing schumacher ever since he anounced his come back?

#5663 Paco

Paco

• 1,195 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 17:15

Too funny. Crap gossip and people actually start building up momentum into believing it. Guess a lot of people will be crushed when they seem him racing next season the W02.

Too funny too on that this news about him leaving comes on the Eve of Brawn saying the W02 is looking good on paper and it seems they understand what is wrong with the W01. So they build a good car for next year (maybe) and they'll let MS go ... for who.. Kimi LOL LOL LOL

#5664 Clatter

Clatter

• 27,225 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 18:31

Too funny. Crap gossip and people actually start building up momentum into believing it. Guess a lot of people will be crushed when they seem him racing next season the W02.

Too funny too on that this news about him leaving comes on the Eve of Brawn saying the W02 is looking good on paper and it seems they understand what is wrong with the W01. So they build a good car for next year (maybe) and they'll let MS go ... for who.. Kimi LOL LOL LOL

Every car looks good on paper. It's not as if any team is going to say they are designing a crap one.

#5665 Saturnus

Saturnus

• 282 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 19:13

A bit surprised that Brawn mention Schumacher and the Pirelli tires especially.
Schumacher might improve if the tires suit his driving style, but the team should not tailor the car for him.

They should focus on building a fast car first. I'm sure Rosberg will deliver if they build him a fast car.

#5666 man

man

• 1,301 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 19:26

Regardless whether the car looks good on paper or toilet paper, it doesn't address the issue of Merc being a one driver team in terms of bringing home the bacon.

Fighting with one hand tied behind your back is not reccomended in this competitive day and age.

#5667 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 19:37

Regardless whether the car looks good on paper or toilet paper, it doesn't address the issue of Merc being a one driver team in terms of bringing home the bacon.

Fighting with one hand tied behind your back is not reccomended in this competitive day and age.

LOL Tell this to Force India, Renault, Sauber. Truth is that 4th is the best, team can get this year, and they will get it probably. Job done.

#5668 Murdoch

Murdoch

• 319 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 19:47

[/b]
LOL Tell this to Force India, Renault, Sauber. Truth is that 4th is the best, team can get this year, and they will get it probably. Job done.

Saubers aging driver, who has been dominated by his younger team mate.................has just been dropped.

#5669 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 19:53

Saubers aging driver, who has been dominated by his younger team mate.................has just been dropped.

Bad luck, they didn't reach their target. MGP team reach their possible target(4th place). With such car it is good achievement. Following your logic, why Liuzzi and Petrov was not dropped?

Edited by ivand911, 20 September 2010 - 19:56.

#5670 metz

metz

• 9,701 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 19:56

Bad luck, they didn't reach their target. MGP team reach their possible target(4th place). With such car it is good achievement.

A team that was No.1 last year set themselves a target to be 4th? :eek: Wow!
Anyone that claims that this year went according to plan is just plain... :drunk:

#5671 Murdoch

Murdoch

• 319 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 19:57

Bad luck, they didn't reach their target. MGP team reach their possible target(4th place). With such car it is good achievement.

Bad luck?

Are you seriously saying that last years champions set themselves a target of 4th place?........

Interesting thought, i guess they 'might' have done.....

#5672 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 20:01

You are surprised? McLaren last year? I said possible target, even if they both have total 200 points , it is still 4th place. Who say it was according to plan? You? With this car , this results.

Edited by ivand911, 20 September 2010 - 20:02.

#5673 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 20:13

well seeing as this is the schumacher thread i totally agree get rid of rosberg

#5674 metz

metz

• 9,701 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 20:35

You are surprised? McLaren last year? I said possible target, even if they both have total 200 points , it is still 4th place. Who say it was according to plan? You? With this car , this results.

I think you missed the point.
The car did not turn out as planned.
You can not set your targets AFTER you know how good the car is.

#5675 Raelene

Raelene

• 5,332 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 21:05

More talk that Schumacher may be off:

http://joesaward.wor...ael-schumacher/

I loved how Joe wrote this story - immediately after writing a story about "how to start an F1 Rumour".

this one might be true, but Joe is a big MS hater, so for him it might be more hope than anything.

#5676 as65p

as65p

• 17,179 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 21:34

I loved how Joe wrote this story - immediately after writing a story about "how to start an F1 Rumour".

this one might be true, but Joe is a big MS hater, so for him it might be more hope than anything.

His hope, if he's such an MS hater, would be that Schumacher drives another 5 years in current form.

Phrasing it as careful as possible: I think even his most ardent fans would agree that the comeback so far has not enhanced his legacy. Everything is build on hopes for next season. I guess in 2011 the theme will be that it was a 3-year plan from the start, so we should wait for 2012 when he'll finally deliver. In 2013, it will declared a great shame that Mercedes didn't extend his contract, just when he was about to come good... :p

#5677 Raelene

Raelene

• 5,332 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 21:41

His hope, if he's such an MS hater, would be that Schumacher drives another 5 years in current form.

Phrasing it as careful as possible: I think even his most ardent fans would agree that the comeback so far has not enhanced his legacy. Everything is build on hopes for next season. I guess in 2011 the theme will be that it was a 3-year plan from the start, so we should wait for 2012 when he'll finally deliver. In 2013, it will declared a great shame that Mercedes didn't extend his contract, just when he was about to come good... :p

I could just see the irony in Joe starting a rumour story just after he'd written about it.

I agree, it hasn't enhanced his legacy, but unlike some, I also don't think it has ruined his legacy.

I think MS should continue, but if things don't improve QUICKLY next year compared to his teammate , then he needs to give it away - I'd only give him 3 races next year.

#5678 F1Johnny

F1Johnny

• 5,530 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 21:59

I could just see the irony in Joe starting a rumour story just after he'd written about it.

I agree, it hasn't enhanced his legacy, but unlike some, I also don't think it has ruined his legacy.

I think MS should continue, but if things don't improve QUICKLY next year compared to his teammate , then he needs to give it away - I'd only give him 3 races next year.

A mid season withdrawal would damage his legacy. A graceful decision to withdraw at the end of the season would not IMO.

#5679 Raelene

Raelene

• 5,332 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 22:27

A mid season withdrawal would damage his legacy. A graceful decision to withdraw at the end of the season would not IMO.

I disagree - I don't see how his "legacy" can be destroyed - he achieved what he acheived. Just because his comeback hasn't been a success, doesn't dimish his PAST achievements - no one can take them away from him

Advertisement

#5680 Nitropower

Nitropower

• 1,172 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 22:32

Michael thought he'd have a dominant car straightforward. Now he's seen it's not that easy to build a championship winning car he might be reconsidering his comeback.

Rosberg has proved him slow for non-TC cars, and there are no excuses other than not being fit or having been out for too long, cos it's Rosberg's rookie season in a MGP car as well.

Edited by Nitropower, 20 September 2010 - 22:33.

#5681 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 23:54

Car engineering are the same group; they need fresh blood in.

#5682 ViMaMo

ViMaMo

• 5,021 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 02:05

Has Schumacher ever driven a understeering car before? MGP are seriously lacking good engineers.

#5683 JackTorrance

JackTorrance

• 2,065 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 02:20

I disagree - I don't see how his "legacy" can be destroyed - he achieved what he acheived. Just because his comeback hasn't been a success, doesn't dimish his PAST achievements - no one can take them away from him

Exactly. :up:

This whole wave of noises Shumi is past it, from both F1 'fans' and some motorsport 'journalist' are actually secret declarations of love for Schumacher and his return to F1. What else would they be writing/complaining about. Petrov? Buemi? Bruno Senna?

#5684 cindy4ever33

cindy4ever33

• 47 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 02:28

Exactly. :up:

This whole wave of noises Shumi is past it, from both F1 'fans' and some motorsport 'journalist' are actually secret declarations of love for Schumacher and his return to F1. What else would they be writing/complaining about. Petrov? Buemi? Bruno Senna?

Agree :up:

#5685 F1Johnny

F1Johnny

• 5,530 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 02:42

I didn't say it would destroy it. I think it would damage it though. If he tests over the winter and can't get a feel for whether or not he has it or not and comes back and is beaten by Rosberg as badly as he is now, IMO it will damage his legacy. The better option IMO is to stop at the end of this year.

He of course still has 5 races and winter testing to make that decision.

#5686 Raelene

Raelene

• 5,332 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 03:13

I didn't say it would destroy it. I think it would damage it though. If he tests over the winter and can't get a feel for whether or not he has it or not and comes back and is beaten by Rosberg as badly as he is now, IMO it will damage his legacy. The better option IMO is to stop at the end of this year.

He of course still has 5 races and winter testing to make that decision.

How can you damage something that actually happened?

#5687 tormave

tormave

• 949 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 03:58

Has Schumacher ever driven a understeering car before? MGP are seriously lacking good engineers.

There's no such thing. MGP engineers are well capable to make the understeer or oversteer as they please. Problem is, with the narrower B'stone fronts they'll make the car slower by making it understeer less as they need to take off back downforce to accomplish this. Adding front DF won't do the trick as according to Ross there is a limit on the grip you can get from these tyres beyond which adding downforce will only serve to increase the drag.

#5688 F1Johnny

F1Johnny

• 5,530 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 04:27

How can you damage something that actually happened?

Settle down. A driver's legacy carries on and informs those that never saw them race.

I'm not saying he didn't win 91 GPs. If things don't get better next year and Rosberg beats him again, there are a whole host of people that didn't see him race, only heard about him and that will only remember him losing to Rosberg.

I didn't like him but regard him as one of the best 5 F1 drivers ever, easily. But as Clint Eastwood/Harry Callahan/Dirty Harry said " A man's got to know his limitations".

#5689 Raelene

Raelene

• 5,332 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 04:59

Settle down. A driver's legacy carries on and informs those that never saw them race.

I'm not saying he didn't win 91 GPs. If things don't get better next year and Rosberg beats him again, there are a whole host of people that didn't see him race, only heard about him and that will only remember him losing to Rosberg.

I didn't like him but regard him as one of the best 5 F1 drivers ever, easily. But as Clint Eastwood/Harry Callahan/Dirty Harry said " A man's got to know his limitations".

I agree he should know when he should give up - but still totally disagree with you about his legacy. That will continue on

#5690 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 06:39

If we discuss Michael leaving F1, then all behind him need to leave too? What is their excuse? Age, not in F1 for last 3 years? Michael is in 9th now, well in the picture. There is around 10 things, when you sum them ,you see why his teammate is faster. For me, their race results is 6,5 races for Nico and 7,5 for Michael. Not bad. Races for Michael are: Australia(he was 4th when Alonso/Button hit him, Nico was around 9th then), Spain, Monaco,Turkey, Canada(he was 3rd(before pit stop and Kubica situation,5th after pitstop), Nico 16th) , Valencia(3rd before stupid team decision to pit him, easily 6-7th in the end), Hungary, 0,5 for Spa for both. Three bad luck races and here, we bury the man. It is not like his own mistake, like Alonso and Lewis in last two races. OK, Nico also have bad luck in Hungary, then 7,5 :6,5 for him.

Edited by ivand911, 21 September 2010 - 06:58.

#5691 JackTorrance

JackTorrance

• 2,065 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 06:41

But as Clint Eastwood/Harry Callahan/Dirty Harry said " A man's got to know his limitations".

Ive seen Hamilton reach his limitations quite a lot.

Ive seen Alonso reach his limitations in some races this year too.

Ive seen Vettel exploring his limitations quite a lot.

Ive seen Massa being his rear end handed to him by Alonso in a way that makes Schumacher vs Rosberg pretty good.

Or check out the stats of Petrov vs Kubica.

Yet none of them get bashed and told:youre past it.

That makes this whole tainted legacy nonsense a rather opportunistic non-argument.

Youre looking for reasons Schumacher isnt trashing Rosberg, idd say go with the explanations given by Ross Brawn - never a man known to be polishing the truth - and by Michael himself:

- The car has characteristics he doesnt like.

- He cant get the best out of the tyres.

- Testing ban unables him to get to the bottom of it.

- The car is hardly a front runner.

- Has various design mistakes.

End of story.

Edited by JackTorrance, 21 September 2010 - 06:47.

#5692 Clatter

Clatter

• 27,225 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 07:23

Ive seen Massa being his rear end handed to him by Alonso in a way that makes Schumacher vs Rosberg pretty good.

That makes this whole tainted legacy nonsense a rather opportunistic non-argument.

Youre looking for reasons Schumacher isnt trashing Rosberg, idd say go with the explanations given by Ross Brawn - never a man known to be polishing the truth - and by Michael himself:

End of story.

Rubbish. They have all been well and truly bashed for their errors, but no they have not been told they are past it as they are not in the same situation as MS. Your not looking for reasons why he is losing the battle, but for excuses. IMHO none of those excuses are valid for someone of his experience and everything points to his best days being behind him.

#5693 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 07:30

Rubbish. They have all been well and truly bashed for their errors, but no they have not been told they are past it as they are not in the same situation as MS. Your not looking for reasons why he is losing the battle, but for excuses. IMHO none of those excuses are valid for someone of his experience and everything points to his best days being behind him.

I wonder,why you a looking for reasons and not for excuses? :rotfl: For me it is one thing. Good opinion though. Even with best days behind him he have place in F1. According to WDC he is better than 50-60% of F1 drivers now. I don't need reasons and excuses, my guy is on the track.

#5694 Clatter

Clatter

• 27,225 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 07:36

I wonder,why you a looking for reasons and not for excuses? :rotfl: For me it is one thing. Good opinion though. Even with best days behind him he have place in F1. According to WDC he is better than 50-60% of F1 drivers now. I don't need reasons and excuses, my guy is on the track.

If your happy with that then that is fine, but considering the pre-season hype about his return you cannot deny that he is underperforming, and the excuses his fans are now producing are the same ones used to ridicule his team mates in the past. Personally things are going pretty much as expected and I don't honestly think it will change next year. I could however be proven wrong.

Barring a miracle this is going to be his first winless full season. Bet that wasn't in plan.

#5695 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 07:43

If your happy with that then that is fine, but considering the pre-season hype about his return you cannot deny that he is underperforming, and the excuses his fans are now producing are the same ones used to ridicule his team mates in the past. Personally things are going pretty much as expected and I don't honestly think it will change next year. I could however be proven wrong.

Barring a miracle this is going to be his first winless full season. Bet that wasn't in plan.

You know in the end will be only one. Everybody else plans go to the sewer.

#5696 britishtrident

britishtrident

• 1,954 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 08:06

Some drivers legends live on others are sooner or later seen through and other seem to grow. Schumacher's legend has been slowly building up tarnish since the early days.

#5697 britishtrident

britishtrident

• 1,954 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 08:08

You know in the end will be only one. Everybody else plans go to the sewer.

"We are all in the gutter but some of use are looking at the stars." Oscar Wilde

#5698 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 08:26

Schumacher's legend has been slowly building up tarnish since the early days.

And you see this from the gutter? :rotfl: Sorry, couldn't resist.

#5699 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 2,959 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 08:27

Michael thought he'd have a dominant car straightforward. Now he's seen it's not that easy to build a championship winning car he might be reconsidering his comeback.

Rosberg has proved him slow for non-TC cars, and there are no excuses other than not being fit or having been out for too long, cos it's Rosberg's rookie season in a MGP car as well.

Schumacher knew it was going to be a slow car and didn't make any great predictions after his first few initial tests. He only predicted fighting for the championship BEFORE driving the car.

Rosberg may be a rookie to the MGP team but let's not forget that he didn't have 3 years off, was race fresh, had no race rust and was fully acclimatised to the new generation of Grand Prix cars.

Everything was in Rosberg's favour.

Edited by Ferrari_F1_fan_2001, 21 September 2010 - 08:28.

Advertisement

#5700 Chezrome

Chezrome

• 1,218 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 08:37

End of story.

And perhaps Rosberg - and Sutil and Kubica and Massa - are much better than we all thought. I am pretty much convinced that the level of drivers in F1 of the last five years is higher than ever.