Photo

Michael Schumacher (merged)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20789 replies to this topic

#5851 TURU

TURU

• 2,786 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 13:21

As I told you before, if he return in MGP on Michael place(because I don't see him returning for anything else) I would be far from happy. I am honestly interested by the team because Michael is there. :)

Well, you still don't understand what I meant so lets leave this for now.

Advertisement

#5852 Johnrambo

Johnrambo

• 940 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 14:13

At this point in time I don't think it matters one bit one way or the other if MS knows about Pirelli's or not.

#5853 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 2,961 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 15:30

Next year is a clean sheet for everybody. Then Schumacher or his fans - like me - can't talk about being disadvantaged, lack of testing, age, 3 years out etc.

I'm genuinely looking forward to next year to see how Schumacher does. In the mean time, let's hope there are some big boxing matches to look forward to in order to pass the time :D

#5854 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 15:48

He can talk about age, he isn't going to get any younger. :) I don't have complains now, will not have next year either. Not bad free practices today. Looking forward to every race. Williams look strong with new floor and FW.

Edited by ivand911, 24 September 2010 - 15:53.

#5855 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • RC Forum Admin

• 16,413 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 16:18

So you are talking about Ross Brawn, the DDD and Jenson Button´s 2009 WDC, then?

Honda was surely the underdog, Brawn GP wasn´t. Strangely enough, Mercedes GP and Schumacher again seem to be the underdog.

Well, no.

Three teams had a DDD at the start of the year, but the Honda/Brawn had the best. Honda/Brawn was not an 'underdog' in the true sense of the word until later in the year when the lack of funds started to show itself because up to the start of the year at least, the team was resplendent in an enormous Japanese manufacturer budget. Brawn success was a different animal cliché altogether - a phoenix from the flames - but an underdog it was not.

Mercedes and Schumacher are not an underdog either, they are simply under-performing.

#5856 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 19:57

Alonso interview with Bild: http://www.bild.de/B...eltmeister.html
"Bild: For Michael Schumacher Championship finish long time ago . Surprised?

Alonso: "I do not belong to the people who criticize him. I say only this: Michael is a legend, he has brought with Ferrari five titles. I don't have with Ferrari even one(title). Michael don't need to prove anything to anyone, and he will be faster next year. "

BILD: Für Michael Schumacher hat sich die WM längst erledigt. Überrascht?

Alonso: „Ich gehöre nicht zu den Leuten, die ihn kritisieren. Ich sage nur so viel: Michael ist eine Legende, er hat mit Ferrari fünf Titel geholt. Ich mit Ferrari noch nicht mal einen. Michael muss niemandem mehr was beweisen, und er wird nächstes Jahr schneller sein.“

Michael use new chassis(number 5) for this race.

Edited by ivand911, 25 September 2010 - 18:34.

#5857 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 21:23

Alonso interview with Bild:http://www.bild.de/BILD/sport/motorsport/formel1/2010/09/24/fernando-alonso/vettel-wird-nicht-weltmeister.html
"Bild: For Michael Schumacher Championship finish long time ago . Surprised?

Alonso: "I do not belong to the people who criticize him. I say only this: Michael is a legend, he has brought with Ferrari five titles. I don't have with Ferrari even one(title). Michael don't need to prove anything to anyone, and he will be faster next year. "

BILD: Für Michael Schumacher hat sich die WM längst erledigt. Überrascht?

Alonso: „Ich gehöre nicht zu den Leuten, die ihn kritisieren. Ich sage nur so viel: Michael ist eine Legende, er hat mit Ferrari fünf Titel geholt. Ich mit Ferrari noch nicht mal einen. Michael muss niemandem mehr was beweisen, und er wird nächstes Jahr schneller sein.“

Michael use new chassis(number 5) for this race.

is it actually new or just new to him? i thought they were onto chasis 6 already?

#5858 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 05:53

is it actually new or just new to him? i thought they were onto chasis 6 already?

It is brand new, Nico have new chassis(number 4) from Germany.

#5859 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 14:50

Michael in top 10. Ieee. He lose to much in S1.

Advertisement

#5860 PoliFanAthic

PoliFanAthic

• 641 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 15:11

Not spectacular, but it's good to be back in the top 10. Still, 0.3 to Rosberg.

#5861 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 3,307 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 15:16

Michael in top 10. Ieee. He lose to much in S1.

He has struggled with that sector all weekend but is quick in s2 and s3

#5862 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 15:18

He has struggled with that sector all weekend but is quick in s2 and s3

In the end he beat Nico in S1 and he lost in S2 and S3. :) I am happy with Michael performance, don't know if odd starting place is advantage here. Hope it is.

Edited by ivand911, 25 September 2010 - 15:26.

#5863 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 15:27

Just to point out to so many who screamed for MS's blood and to replace him/put Heidfeld into the car that Heidfeld has had these 2 days handed to him by a rookie by a far greater distance than Rosberg to MS.

#5864 Cheap Wine Alesi

Cheap Wine Alesi

• 2,723 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 15:52

Just to point out to so many who screamed for MS's blood and to replace him/put Heidfeld into the car that Heidfeld has had these 2 days handed to him by a rookie by a far greater distance than Rosberg to MS.

:rotfl:

1) Kobayashi is probably a better driver than Rosberg
2) Heidfeld has zero experience in that car, I am sure in a few race time he will do much better (you know, improvement). Schumacher on the other hand has been a failure in pretty much every race and has shown no signs of getting better, the only thing he has done that is worth remembering is trying to kill Barrichello.

#5865 vovelo

vovelo

• 87 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 17:04

Michael Schumacher (9th, Q3 - 1m 46.702s)
"Our target was to get into Q3 which we achieved so I'm reasonably happy with our qualifying performance today. We tried various set-ups throughout the sessions and whilst they paid off at some points, they did not at others. But it was a lot of fun driving the track at this time of night and it really is a special experience. It is definitely different to drive in the artificial light but it doesn't compromise your performance at all. Starting from ninth place means starting from the presumably better side of the grid so the plan must be to try and gain some positions at the start and go from there."

#5866 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 6,981 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 21:18

Probably good luck for Michael that he is not paired with Kobayashi. His 2010 trouncing would be even more extreme...

#5867 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 6,981 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 21:22

Michael Schumacher (9th, Q3 - 1m 46.702s)
"Our target was to get into Q3 which we achieved so I'm reasonably happy with our qualifying performance today. We tried various set-ups throughout the sessions and whilst they paid off at some points, they did not at others. But it was a lot of fun driving the track at this time of night and it really is a special experience. It is definitely different to drive in the artificial light but it doesn't compromise your performance at all. Starting from ninth place means starting from the presumably better side of the grid so the plan must be to try and gain some positions at the start and go from there."

I have to say Michael did well (for his 2010 standards) in Singapore, and it´s great to see he has regained some fun in driving. It must have been difficult for him to constantly grin away his lack of success, being the competitive animal he is. His race should be solid this time, like in Spain, Monaco and Spa.

#5868 F1Johnny

F1Johnny

• 5,530 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 23:14

did he take that interview while running in 7th position with his teamate leading the race?

Meow. Saucer of milk for you?

Webber is leading the WDC and is much closer to his teammate than MS is. I know, I know Webber will never have 7 WDC and 91 race wins etc etc.

Let's keep it to present day though. Webber has a valid point which is clearly being borne out on the track.

#5869 MikeTekRacing

MikeTekRacing

• 5,721 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 02:03

Meow. Saucer of milk for you?

Webber is leading the WDC and is much closer to his teammate than MS is. I know, I know Webber will never have 7 WDC and 91 race wins etc etc.

Let's keep it to present day though. Webber has a valid point which is clearly being borne out on the track.

let's keep it to present shall we?

Vettel 1:45.457
Webber 1:45.977

gap 0.520

Rosberg 1:46.443
Schumacher 1:46.702

gap 0.259

So hmmm....who was closer to his team mate yesterday?

#5870 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 02:33

gap 0.520

gap 0.259

how many times did schumacher race here again?

he did like 50 laps mostly in the rain to get used to the circuit , obviously tried multiple setups etc, seemed to sit in the garage until the last minute in Q2 for some reason.

i dont think he did to bad , he will probably get a few places off the line

#5871 F1Johnny

F1Johnny

• 5,530 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 02:36

gap 0.520

gap 0.259

Are you really using 1 race to justify your position and ill conceived comparison? Do you really think that a Webber/Vettel is an appropriate comparison for the season with MS/NR?

If so, carry on.

#5872 SparkPlug

SparkPlug

• 491 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 03:23

Probably good luck for Michael that he is not paired with Kobayashi. His 2010 trouncing would be even more extreme...

Kobayashi a better driver than Rosberg ?? How exactly ? Thats the first time I am reading that ****

#5873 Craven Morehead

Craven Morehead

• 4,486 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 05:06

:rotfl:

Kobayashi is probably a better driver than Rosberg

I seriously doubt it.

#5874 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 6,981 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 05:52

Kobayashi a better driver than Rosberg ?? How exactly ? Thats the first time I am reading that ****

Well, SparkPlug, we don´t have a real measure for Koba yet, but he seems to be "the real deal" according to Brundle and Coulthard. How good he is we will only find out when he is partnered with a driver of excellent pedigree. And, Kamui is learning quickly, having still driven less than 20 GP.

I´d expect Kobayashi to beat Schumi, to say the least.

#5875 metz

metz

• 9,701 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 06:30

Just so we are clear.
a) this is only Heidfeld's second day in the car.
b) this is Michael's 6th month racing plus 3 months testing.
c) all 3 FPs were actually close. NH said he was too cautious (didn't want to bin his first outing) in qualifying.

But you are right. Schumacher need more time.

#5876 metz

metz

• 9,701 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 06:38

Statisticly even.
Both Kobayashi and Rosberg have outperformed their last 2 teamates.
Most agree with the German media that Kamui is probably the best Japanes driver EVER in Formula 1.

#5877 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 06:49

http://img163.images...5e6c43848b2.jpg
http://photofile.ru/...0/163148036.jpg
http://photofile.ru/...0/163148051.jpg
http://photofile.ru/...0/163148138.jpg
http://i10.fastpic.r...6badc86554a.jpg

#5878 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 07:06

Just so we are clear.
a) this is only Heidfeld's second day in the car.
b) this is Michael's 6th month racing plus 3 months testing.

Yeah keep the excuses coming.......

Just so we are clear, Schumacher was never afforded that leeway from day one by the "nay" sayers here and he was closer to Rosberg than Heidfeld is to Koba in the first race.

Heidfeld has not have a 3 year layoff, he tested too including for Pirelli and Heidfeld may very well be sitting in his own cockpit from just half a year ago.

Comparatively he has proven immediately that he is not the choice over MS.

#5879 SparkPlug

SparkPlug

• 491 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 07:20

Well, SparkPlug, we don´t have a real measure for Koba yet, but he seems to be "the real deal" according to Brundle and Coulthard. How good he is we will only find out when he is partnered with a driver of excellent pedigree. And, Kamui is learning quickly, having still driven less than 20 GP.

I´d expect Kobayashi to beat Schumi, to say the least.

You specifically said Kobayashi would have beaten Schumacher by a larger margin. Which means you have already rated him higher than Rosberg. Now you say there is "no real measure" for him. I am sorry you're just talking off a tangent and typing rubbish. You suffer from these "red mists" more and more these days, completely clouding your judgement of everything related to F1 when Schumacher is involved.

Oh, and by the way lets all know why Mclaren would try and sign Rosberg especially when they had a better (and cheaper) option available in the form of Kobayashi. Maybe they're all just stupid ?

Advertisement

#5880 SparkPlug

SparkPlug

• 491 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 07:22

Statisticly even.
Most agree with the German media that Kamui is probably the best Japanes driver EVER in Formula 1.

So you do believe in statistics when it suits you. Interesting

Also, most believe that Karun Chandhok is the best Indian driver EVER in Formula 1. Does that make him better than Rosberg too ?

Edited by SparkPlug, 26 September 2010 - 07:24.

#5881 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 07:28

Like saying the best Japanese F1 driver ever isn't really a biggie is it, like say the greatest American Cricketeer ever......

By the way, who do the German media say is the best F1 driver ever I wonder .... ? :lol:

#5882 metz

metz

• 9,701 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 07:33

So you do believe in statistics when it suits you. Interesting

Also, most believe that Karun Chandhok is the best Indian driver EVER in Formula 1. Does that make him better than Rosberg too ?

As a Heidfeld fan, you should see how much flack I get from Kubica fans for quoting statistics... :yawnface:

and to answer your question...No.
although we have had many Japanes drivers in F1.
http://www.f1fanatic...drivers-part-1/
http://www.f1fanatic...drivers-part-2/

Edited by metz, 26 September 2010 - 07:47.

#5883 SparkPlug

SparkPlug

• 491 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 07:38

As a Heidfeld fan, you should see how much flack I get from Kubica fans for quoting statistics... :yawnface:

and to answer your question...No.
although we have had many Japanes drivers in F1

Yes, many of great ability and talent. Lets name a few :
1. Shinji Nakano
2. Aguri Suzuki
3. Yuji Ide
4. Sakon Yamamoto
5. Torunasuke Takagi
6. Taki Inoue
7. Hideki Noda
8. Kazuki Nakajima

My, what an illustrious list. Kobayashi is surely better than all of these great legends of F1 racing. That must make him perhaps even better than Hamilton.

#5884 metz

metz

• 9,701 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 07:52

That must make him perhaps even better than Hamilton.

Are you a child? :rolleyes:

The best of 17 is not bad, no matter how you belittle them.

#5885 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 08:06

According to WCC Michael is now better than 16 drivers, not bad as you would say. Lets focus on the race, I just hope Michael will successfully go through first corner. There is the danger area. I don't think that he will attack Nico today, when he have chance for 6th place in WCC. Only if Nico have very bad start he will pass him.

#5886 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 6,981 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 10:24

You specifically said Kobayashi would have beaten Schumacher by a larger margin. Which means you have already rated him higher than Rosberg. Now you say there is "no real measure" for him. I am sorry you're just talking off a tangent and typing rubbish. You suffer from these "red mists" more and more these days, completely clouding your judgement of everything related to F1 when Schumacher is involved.

Oh, and by the way lets all know why Mclaren would try and sign Rosberg especially when they had a better (and cheaper) option available in the form of Kobayashi. Maybe they're all just stupid ?

Thanks for your kind words, SparkPlug.

You are confusing two different messages:

1.) Subjectively I feel that Schumacher would be trounced even more comprehensively by Kobayashi than by Rosberg, so lucky Michael he is just teamed up with Nico.

2.) Objectively we have no real measure yet for Kamui, as he was not partnered with a 1A driver so far. That Brundle and Coulthard say "Kobayashi is the real deal" is also a subjective judgement.

Why did McLaren try to sign Rosberg (and then signed Button), why did thy not sign Kobayashi when he was available much cheaper?

Firstly, I think Rosberg fits the Mercedes portfolio much better than Kobayashi.

Secondly, Kobayashi had, at that time, just driven two races, which is too uncertain for a team like McLaren. After all, Kamui did not come out of McLaren´s own developement program like Lewis, who was a known quantity to them in 2006 and early 2007). Typically, a team like Sauber would snatch up such a driver - also an Alonso did not drive for a major team after two races.
Schumacher did (after already one race in 1991), thanks to Bernie´s intervention and Briatore´s vision.
It is also a testimonial to the fact that the early Michael was quite a force.

Fast cue forward 19 years to 2010: the irony seems to escape you, SparkPlug, that nowadays the discussion is: "who would Michael get a more comprehensive beating from, Nico or Kamui?". What the world has come to.....;)

Edited by aditya-now, 26 September 2010 - 10:45.

#5887 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 2,961 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 10:39

Statisticly even.

Hahaha, just like Takuma Sato was? Let's see how well he does when the pressure is really on him in a top flight team fighting for consistent points/podium finishes. History hasn't been kind to Japanese F1 drivers.

By the way, I wonder who the best driver in F1 history ever is according to German media? :D

Is it the 7 WDC or the 41 year old who has had three years out and is being beaten by only 3 tenths by his younger team mate?

Edited by Ferrari_F1_fan_2001, 26 September 2010 - 10:42.

#5888 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 6,981 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 11:00

By the way, I wonder who the best driver in F1 history ever is according to German media? :D

Ayrton Senna.

Lately even the ever-populistic and ever-pro-German BILD Zeitung determined Senna to be the best of all time, ahead of Michael Schumacher.

#5889 DarthRonzo

DarthRonzo

• 804 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 11:08

Yes, many of great ability and talent. Lets name a few :

1. Shinji Nakano
2. Aguri Suzuki
3. Yuji Ide
4. Sakon Yamamoto
5. Torunasuke Takagi
6. Taki Inoue
7. Hideki Noda
8. Kazuki Nakajima

9. Ukio Katayama
10.Takuma Sato

11. Honorable mention to **King Hiro Matsushita at Indy.

#5890 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 6,981 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 11:18

According to WCC Michael is now better than 16 drivers, not bad as you would say. Lets focus on the race, I just hope Michael will successfully go through first corner. There is the danger area. I don't think that he will attack Nico today, when he have chance for 6th place in WCC. Only if Nico have very bad start he will pass him.

Yes, let´s take consolation in the fact that 16 drivers are behind Michael in the standings and only 8 ahead of him. Not bad.

Then again, thinking about Michael as the 9th strongest force in F1 - what has this world come to?

#5891 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 11:23

Yes, let´s take consolation in the fact that 16 drivers are behind Michael in the standings and only 8 ahead of him. Not bad.

Then again, thinking about Michael as the 9th strongest force in F1 - what has this world come to?

Not bad considering his car is 5th-6th best in the moment.

#5892 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 6,981 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 13:07

Like saying the best Japanese F1 driver ever isn't really a biggie is it, like say the greatest American Cricketeer ever......

By the way, who do the German media say is the best F1 driver ever I wonder .... ? :lol:

You are right, Kobayashi might not be a "biggie", as you claim, but he is easily good enough for Schumacher....

Kobayashi giving Schumacher some dose of his own medicine.... :lol:

Now you know why I said that Michael is lucky not to be paired with Kamui, he definitely has less respect of Michael than Nico Rosberg and he is good enough to drive the wheels off Michael in an inferior Sauber. :lol:

Edited by aditya-now, 26 September 2010 - 13:10.

#5893 vovelo

vovelo

• 87 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 14:22

Bad race for Michael .
I wait commets from him and the team about his bad race pace (before his collision with Kobayashi)

#5894 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,476 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 14:25

Bad race for Michael .
I wait commets from him and the team about his bad race pace (before his collision with Kobayashi)

Something must have happened in his stints on softs : either he completely destroyed the tires in a few laps or he had some damage (maybe FW).

#5895 Urawa

Urawa

• 1,135 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 14:27

Nothing new. It´s not the first time this year that his pace drops immediately after a SC phase.

#5896 PoliFanAthic

PoliFanAthic

• 641 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 14:41

He was losing a second a lap, if I'm not mistaken, in the later part of the soft stint - against Rosberg.

#5897 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 14:42

When he drive with hard tyres? Last stint was with soft, bur when he broke FW I think he was again with softs? Or it is because his rim colour is same like soft tyres?

Edited by ivand911, 26 September 2010 - 14:43.

#5898 vovelo

vovelo

• 87 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 14:44

He was losing a second a lap, if I'm not mistaken, in the later part of the soft stint - against Rosberg.

Probably his car has been damaged already ( remember several incidents with him during this race ? )

#5899 PoliFanAthic

PoliFanAthic

• 641 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 14:44

Now that I see the times, he was considerably faster than Rosberg after the 2nd pit-stop. Did he change tires?

Advertisement

#5900 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,476 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 14:46

He was losing two seconds in the first stint. He was pushing BArri hard and then his pace dropped immensely. He might have destroyed the tires in trying to overtake Barri.