Photo

Michael Schumacher (merged)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20789 replies to this topic

#6551 MCh000

MCh000

• 181 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 08:33

...Also, looking at the times, Schumacher was still going 0,5 seconds/lap faster than Nico when he pitted. I don't understand why MGP didn't keep him out for a few more laps to put him ahead with the better tires. It seems like a fairly poor pitting decision...

It is the same reason why Schumacher didn't overtake Rosberg - team tactics, that occurred also in some other races this season.

Advertisement

#6552 r4mses

r4mses

• 1,100 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 08:34

Well no, if there WAS a technical problem of that kind he doesnt need excuses, getting to Q3 was an amazing effort. Im hoping to find out what he DID say though..

When asked on TV about details - on how Mercedes' f-duct works and what went wrong in quali - he said he wont go into details :D

#6553 baddog

baddog

• 23,623 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 08:36

You would think that this late in this kind of season they would not have any need for team tactics.. we know they did it in germany and I suspect one other (and why not, Rosberg is in the hunt for places that Schumacher isnt) but why now?

#6554 Galko877

Galko877

• 4,215 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 08:37

Ross Brawn said not long ago that Michael's problem is slow corners on these type of tyres, while he is still very quick in fast corners. Today's race proved that theory is right. Hope next year's tyres will suit him a lot better and he won't struggle in slow corners either any more.

#6555 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 08:38

Nico have chance for 6th in WDC, that is it. Simple. Also he need to keep 7th. And we know Ross use team orders. But,Michael deserved 6th place much more today. Nico made big mess at the start.

Edited by ivand911, 10 October 2010 - 08:41.

#6556 MCh000

MCh000

• 181 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 08:41

You would think that this late in this kind of season they would not have any need for team tactics.. we know they did it in germany and I suspect one other (and why not, Rosberg is in the hunt for places that Schumacher isnt) but why now?

Well, Rosberg - 122 points, Kubica - 114 points. Three races remaining, anything is possible and I'm sure Mercedes don't wan't Renault to overtake them in Driver's standings.

#6557 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,202 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 08:57

Ross Brawn said not long ago that Michael's problem is slow corners on these type of tyres, while he is still very quick in fast corners. Today's race proved that theory is right. Hope next year's tyres will suit him a lot better and he won't struggle in slow corners either any more.

This race was definitely the proof of Ross' analysis - so if next year's tyres suit indeed Michael better, then we are in for an interesting season.

#6558 baddog

baddog

• 23,623 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 08:59

Nico have chance for 6th in WDC, that is it. Simple. Also he need to keep 7th. And we know Ross use team orders. But,Michael deserved 6th place much more today. Nico made big mess at the start.

I suppose. Im going to be very slow to claim that they are using orders though.. Michael has to prove it on track (as he very clearly did today)

Edited by baddog, 10 October 2010 - 09:00.

#6559 DILLIGAF

DILLIGAF

• 3,209 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 09:01

Saw a bit of the old Michael today. Great drive. :up:

Advertisement

#6560 olliek88

olliek88

• 4,049 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 09:09

i find it hard to understand how EJ and brundle seem to have changed there tune about shuey in the space of one race and it was a race where he was 4 tenths behined nico in qualy and would have finished behind him in the race dispite nico having a poor get away, am i the only person thats wondering what has changed for people to alter thier opinions of him so quickly? apart from not running into every tom, dick and harry nothing has changed as far as im concerned, if he can't beat nico in qualy and the race over the remaining race then im not convinced he is anything like is old self.

#6561 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 09:11

i find it hard to understand how EJ and brundle seem to have changed there tune about shuey in the space of one race and it was a race where he was 4 tenths behined nico in qualy and would have finished behind him in the race dispite nico having a poor get away, am i the only person thats wondering what has changed for people to alter thier opinions of him so quickly? apart from not running into every tom, dick and harry nothing has changed as far as im concerned, if he can't beat nico in qualy and the race over the remaining race then im not convinced he is anything like is old self.

I guess you didn't read a word in this thread before posting. Yes, why to do it. :wave: About commentators you mentioned, I suppose they say something good about Michael today if you complain here. I just guess they don't know what bad to say about Michael after the race today or just maybe they finally see the forest behind the tree?

Edited by ivand911, 10 October 2010 - 09:15.

#6562 razno

razno

• 82 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 09:11

Well, Rosberg - 122 points, Kubica - 114 points. Three races remaining, anything is possible and I'm sure Mercedes don't wan't Renault to overtake them in Driver's standings.

Its sad to see them using team orders and tactic when they are not fighting for WDC.
You demoralise drivers for no big reason.

#6563 MCh000

MCh000

• 181 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 09:17

Hmm, you can't demoralize Schumacher who supported Ferrari in team orders controversy this season.

#6564 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,202 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 09:21

Its sad to see them using team orders and tactic when they are not fighting for WDC.

I don't think that F1 drivers are as easily thrown off course and becoming insecure and irritated - not everyone is a Carlos Reutemann. They are highly paid professionals and do see the rationale behind team tactics.

#6565 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 09:22

But,they were punished for this. Michael even have very slight chance to catch troubled Lewis today. They could see their mistake clearly, if Koba passed them both. Because he wouldn't waiting for them and sitting back. Their tactic maybe cost Nico finish today. He could get points for 8th because I think Koba could pass him easily, where Michael have pace to keep Koba behind easily. Bad decision today from the team.

Edited by ivand911, 10 October 2010 - 09:24.

#6566 olliek88

olliek88

• 4,049 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 09:23

I guess you didn't read a word in this thread before posting. Yes, why to do it. :wave: About commentators you mentioned, I suppose they say something good about Michael today if you complain here. I just guess they don't know what bad to say about Michael after the race today or just maybe they finally see the forest behind the tree?

If shuey can beat nico over the next three races i'll happily eat my words but the fact still remains he was comfortably beaten by nico in qualy and was behind him the race even thou rosberg had a shocker of a start, how does that translate into a good performance? if shuey was just a normal rookie, even with tyre excuses and anything else he can think of he would not be racing in formula one next season, am i wrong?

#6567 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 09:28

did you even watch the race?

mercedes pitted michael while he was still going 0.5seconds faster a lap than nico who pitted under the safety car to puposely get nico infront.

michael then came out of the pitts and slaughted nicos laptimes to get on his gear box , was on his gear box showing "alonso is faster than you" pace until nico crashed out.

then michael was instantly 1.5-2seconds a lap faster with nico out of the way.

oh wait you didnt pay attention to anything and just want to have a go again

Edited by arknor, 10 October 2010 - 09:31.

#6568 BRK

BRK

• 3,477 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 09:33

Well,he was quick throughout the race,on both compounds,did not struggle with tyre wear,was consistently quicker than his teammate,kept up the pressure despite being less than a second behind him for twenty odd laps...and so on.

I don't know how old you are but you really should make it a point to actually watch the race (with live timing on),or at least analyze data a bit before jumping to conclusions.

#6569 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 3,212 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 09:34

If shuey can beat nico over the next three races i'll happily eat my words but the fact still remains he was comfortably beaten by nico in qualy and was behind him the race even thou rosberg had a shocker of a start, how does that translate into a good performance? if shuey was just a normal rookie, even with tyre excuses and anything else he can think of he would not be racing in formula one next season, am i wrong?

You missed the pre-race interview with Schumacher. He said his car had some issues and his F-duct wasn't working properly which caused extra drag on the car and he lost out in some high speed sections.

He was also faster during the race and the team and Nico knew it too. Team orders are banned so a re-arrange between the two couldn't be allowed to happen, and Nico didn't want to yield either - and why should he, they are racing after all.

I think on fast flowing circuits like Spa, Suzuka et al, Schumacher is up there with Rosberg if not better.

#6570 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 09:35

Rookie 9th in the WDC, with 54 points will be for sure next year in F1. Or you can explain me why Liuzzi, Buemi, Jaime will be next year in F1 even if they are not rookies? Petrov and Hulk are the first placed rookies this year with 19/17 pts. I guess they will be in F1 next year?

Edited by ivand911, 10 October 2010 - 09:38.

#6571 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 3,212 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 09:36

it's new for me,thanks for sharing it :up:
I read Schumi quote after quali in team's press release and no any reply about "F-Duct issues"

You don't know the problem until you've investigated it. Clearly, press released are made after qualifying, so all commentary is based on driver opinion and what data the team have at hand and what they wish to report.

#6572 olliek88

olliek88

• 4,049 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 09:37

did you even watch the race?

mercedes pitted michael while he was still going 0.5seconds faster a lap than nico who pitted under the safety car to puposely get nico infront.

michael then came out of the pitts and slaughted nicos laptimes to get on his gear box , was on his gear box showing "alonso is faster than you" pace until nico crashed out.

then michael was instantly 1.5-2seconds a lap faster with nico out of the way.

oh wait you didnt pay attention to anything and just want to have a go again

He was faster because of much fresher rubber yes, and being nearly 2 seconds a lap faster surely he should of been able to get past him? kamui was about 2 seconds faster than those around him when he came out of the pits but didn't seem to have to many problems getting by several other guys. So qualying 4 tenths behind your team mate and not being able to overtake him dispite having a big performance advantage thanks to fresh rubber means he had a good grand prix to you?

#6573 Spa95

Spa95

• 861 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 09:38

After looking at MS's lap times up to his pitstop I really don't understand how they could have pulled him in so early - he was doing just fine for at least another lap!

:drunk:

#6574 as65p

as65p

• 17,788 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 09:40

By his 2010 standards, a pretty good race from Schumacher. Qualy mediocre, but in all likelihood faster race pace than Rosberg.

#6575 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 09:44

After looking at MS's lap times up to his pitstop I really don't understand how they could have pulled him in so early - he was doing just fine for at least another lap!

:drunk:

They can easily get Michael infront of Nico if they wanted. Only problem for me was Heidfeld doing some fast laps, but they can give Michael 1-2 more laps and he can beat Nico at the pit stop. Michael come 4 sec infront of Heidfeld. They have time to calculate things. Team orders, nothing else here. But, to put it this way: We have Alpha,Bravo,Charlie all secured today. :rotfl:

Edited by ivand911, 10 October 2010 - 09:47.

#6576 olliek88

olliek88

• 4,049 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 09:44

Rookie 9th in the WDC, with 54 points will be for sure next year in F1. Or you can explain me why Liuzzi, Buemi, Jaime will be next year in F1 even if they are not rookies? Petrov and Hulk is the first placed rookies this year with 19/17 pts. I guess they will be in F1 next year?

Well 54 points compared to 122 for his team mate is a big difference, i agree petrov shouldn't be in f1 next year and i dare say he would of got the boot already is it wasn't for his money, he has been poor compared with robert, however the hulk as often out qualyfied rubens plenty of times this season and shown a good improvement, as for luizzi he looks like he iis going to get replaced by paul di resta next season and jaime and buemi have been close and are hard to compare.

#6577 Spa95

Spa95

• 861 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 09:48

They can easily get Michael infront of Nico if they wanted. Only problem for me was Heidfeld doing some fast laps, but they can give Michael 1-2 more laps and he can beat Nico at the pit stop. Michael come 4 sec infront of Heidfeld. They have time to calculate things. Team orders, nothing else here.

But why - Is a possible 6th for Rosberg in the WDC really that important to Mercedes? :drunk:

I just find it odd, very odd... I wished Ross Brawn (who I greatly admire) would explain the train of thought behind that strategy.

#6578 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 09:51

He was faster because of much fresher rubber yes, and being nearly 2 seconds a lap faster surely he should of been able to get past him? kamui was about 2 seconds faster than those around him when he came out of the pits but didn't seem to have to many problems getting by several other guys. So qualying 4 tenths behind your team mate and not being able to overtake him dispite having a big performance advantage thanks to fresh rubber means he had a good grand prix to you?

WHAT? rosberg started with old tyres? why did only michael have fresh rubber for the grand prix? nico used all of his in qualifying? :wave:

Edited by arknor, 10 October 2010 - 09:51.

#6579 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 3,212 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 09:53

Well 54 points compared to 122 for his team mate is a big difference, i agree petrov shouldn't be in f1 next year and i dare say he would of got the boot already is it wasn't for his money, he has been poor compared with robert, however the hulk as often out qualyfied rubens plenty of times this season and shown a good improvement, as for luizzi he looks like he iis going to get replaced by paul di resta next season and jaime and buemi have been close and are hard to compare.

While Schumacher has been inconsitent this season, there is no reason whatsoever he should be out of a F1 driver next season. He clearly can still drive an F1 car, still has good ability and rarely makes mistakes like the rookies. He's also a PROVEN team leader, has good technical feedback and can help develop the car. The under-fire rookies cannot do that as they don't have the same ability or the experience.

I think the points gap between Schumacher and Rosberg has been exaccerbated somewhat this season due to bad luck, poor strategy and poor race craft. Had it not been for certain races, I dare say the gap would have been a lot closer.

Schumacher's problem is that his reputation preceeds him. He is a giant in the sport and utterly dominated for the best part of 16 years. To be fighting for anything less than podiums and victories counts against him and people expect much much better.

Advertisement

#6580 olliek88

olliek88

• 4,049 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 09:56

WHAT? rosberg started with old tyres? why did only michael have fresh rubber for the grand prix? nico used all of his in qualifying? :wave:

Nico pitted on lap 1 following the safety car and did the rest of the race on the same set, shuey pitted on lap 25 meaning when he came out behind nico his tyres where much fresher

#6581 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 09:57

Nico pitted on lap 1 following the safety car and did the rest of the race on the same set, shuey pitted on lap 25 meaning when he came out behind nico his tyres where much fresher

so why was rosberg not faster at the start?

http://www.fia.com/e...ce-analysis.pdf

schumacher is clearly faster for the whole race not only at the end...

Edited by arknor, 10 October 2010 - 09:59.

#6582 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 3,212 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 09:58

But why - Is a possible 6th for Rosberg in the WDC really that important to Mercedes? :drunk:

I just find it odd, very odd... I wished Ross Brawn (who I greatly admire) would explain the train of thought behind that strategy.

Test sessions (as Ross and MS have said) for the remainder of the season, analysis of tyre behaviour, car behaviour with fuel loads etc.

#6583 olliek88

olliek88

• 4,049 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 10:03

While Schumacher has been inconsitent this season, there is no reason whatsoever he should be out of a F1 driver next season. He clearly can still drive an F1 car, still has good ability and rarely makes mistakes like the rookies. He's also a PROVEN team leader, has good technical feedback and can help develop the car. The under-fire rookies cannot do that as they don't have the same ability or the experience.

I think the points gap between Schumacher and Rosberg has been exaccerbated somewhat this season due to bad luck, poor strategy and poor race craft. Had it not been for certain races, I dare say the gap would have been a lot closer.

Schumacher's problem is that his reputation preceeds him. He is a giant in the sport and utterly dominated for the best part of 16 years. To be fighting for anything less than podiums and victories counts against him and people expect much much better.

Im not trolling or anything but shuey hasn't been inconsistent, he had been consistent, consistently slower than rosberg, all most as much as nakajima last season.

lets not forget that rosberg lost points in hungary with the wheel coming off in the pit lane, he lost places in spain avoiding a incident and there was his rear left suspension ( or whatever it was) failure today, it swings both was regards dnfs/ points lost through incidents.

#6584 baddog

baddog

• 23,623 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 10:08

Nico pitted because he had made a horrible start and the safety car gave him a chance to get his pitstop in and not be dead last, and therefore still be in the race. The price he paid for that was running too long on the primes.

However had he NOT stopped early he would possible have been completely out of contention for points, so it was in fact done for his advantage and to make up for his own bad start, and he has to take the bad with the good.

#6585 olliek88

olliek88

• 4,049 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 10:08

so why was rosberg not faster at the start?

http://www.fia.com/e...ce-analysis.pdf

schumacher is clearly faster for the whole race not only at the end...

Rosberg was stuck behind slower traffic, behind the torro rossos i think, until they pitted

#6586 baddog

baddog

• 23,623 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 10:09

Im not trolling or anything but shuey hasn't been inconsistent, he had been consistent, consistently slower than rosberg, all most as much as nakajima last season.

lets not forget that rosberg lost points in hungary with the wheel coming off in the pit lane, he lost places in spain avoiding a incident and there was his rear left suspension ( or whatever it was) failure today, it swings both was regards dnfs/ points lost through incidents.

1: Michael has been a lot better than Nakajima.
2: It has not been swinging both ways, Nico has had a very smooth season by any standards. Michael has been beaten, and beaten well, but the points in fact exaggerate the scale of that.
3: It hasnt been consistent at all, Michael has been outright faster than Nico several times, including this weekend.

#6587 olliek88

olliek88

• 4,049 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 10:11

Nico pitted because he had made a horrible start and the safety car gave him a chance to get his pitstop in and not be dead last, and therefore still be in the race. The price he paid for that was running too long on the primes.

However had he NOT stopped early he would possible have been completely out of contention for points, so it was in fact done for his advantage and to make up for his own bad start, and he has to take the bad with the good.

im not talking about that, im talking about why shuey was quicker when he was behind nico, there is no relevance in what your saying regard what was being discussed.

#6588 Craven Morehead

Craven Morehead

• 4,577 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 10:12

I think Michael was very good today. Fast and clean. :up:

I must admit, though that when Rosberg's onboard camera showed him in the wall, I had a brief, fleeting image of both mercs all twisted and beached.

#6589 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 10:15

I think Michael was very good today. Fast and clean. :up:

I must admit, though that when Rosberg's onboard camera showed him in the wall, I had a brief, fleeting image of both mercs all twisted and beached.

I also have this fear, that they crashed. But, live timing showed that Michael was moving.

Edited by ivand911, 10 October 2010 - 10:41.

#6590 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 10:20

Nico pit stop early with the SC, why they didn't use this strategy for Michael in Singapore? Team is finding right strategy for him, but not for Michael? They never think how to improve Michael position? Or just Michael race team sucks.

Edited by ivand911, 10 October 2010 - 10:39.

#6591 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 10:33

Rosberg was stuck behind slower traffic, behind the torro rossos i think, until they pitted

if schumacher beats rosberg at chess , oh but the sun was in rosbergs eye and he couldnt see the board ?

#6592 olliek88

olliek88

• 4,049 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 10:46

if schumacher beats rosberg at chess , oh but the sun was in rosbergs eye and he couldnt see the board ?

So you've clearly run out of things to say to defend shuey if thats your response then, its a fact that nico was behind the torro rossos after the safety car, meaning he wasn't lapping at his true pace during this peroid of the gp making any comparsion between his and shueys laps at this time of the race invalid and he was on the slower prime tyre where as sheuy was on the quicker option at this time too, is that a bit clearer?

#6593 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 10:48

So you've clearly run out of things to say to defend shuey if thats your response then, its a fact that nico was behind the torro rossos after the safety car, meaning he wasn't lapping at his true pace during this peroid of the gp making any comparsion between his and shueys laps at this time of the race invalid and he was on the slower prime tyre where as sheuy was on the quicker option at this time too, is that a bit clearer?

Why he was behind torro rossos? As I remember he started 6th.

#6594 iakhtar

iakhtar

• 184 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 10:49

I'm beginning to wonder about Schumachers side of the garage too, they do seem to be abit thick, seemed obvious that he needed more of a gap before pitting... what are they playing at?

#6595 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 10:50

im running our of things? your grasping at straws if you think nico never had any clear air after his pit stop

#6596 olliek88

olliek88

• 4,049 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 10:52

im running our of things? your grasping at straws if you think nico never had any clear air after his pit stop

Or im "grasping" at FACTS?

Lets agree to disagree because your never going to be objective about this.

#6597 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 10:53

SUZUKA RACE
http://www.mercedes-.../category/race/

Michael Schumacher finished the Japanese Grand Prix in the points today after a good start from 10th position on the grid and a strong race, including an exciting battle with his team-mate, saw him finish in sixth place. The team was on course for a double points-finish before an accident for Nico Rosberg brought his race to a premature end on lap 48 when he was in sixth position, just ahead of Michael who was then in seventh place.

NICO ROSBERG
"It was a disappointing end to the weekend today. Due to a clutch problem, my start was poor but our strategy was good to change tyres under the safety car on the first lap which enabled me to recover the places and be racing in sixth position. My tyres were suffering from having done such a long stint so it was tough to maintain a good pace but it was enough to keep Michael behind. Then something broke on the rear of the car and put me into the tyre barrier which ended my race early."

MICHAEL SCHUMACHER
"I am quite happy with the race today and the car felt really good. The opportunity to make up places was just what I hoped for and sixth place was the maximum that we could have achieved. It was good racing and it must have been very entertaining for the crowd. It was fun to be racing Nico so it is a shame what happened to him. We are now heading to South Korea and although I don't really know what to expect, if our car is as good as it was here, then I hope for another encouraging race."

ROSS BRAWN
"We had a strong race today with both cars and it is very disappointing and frustrating that Nico was unable to finish the race. Our prime concern was for his safety and thankfully he is absolutely fine. Prior to the incident, he was in an excellent position having taken advantage of an early stop under the safety car to make up places lost at the start. Michael also had a very good race today with a great start setting him up to make up positions. It was an entertaining few laps when Nico and Michael were fighting for sixth place and we were happy for them to battle it out. We are looking into the cause of Nico's accident now and as always there will be a thorough investigation into what happened."

NORBERT HAUG
"Michael finished in sixth place today and was the first car behind the five drivers fighting for the World Championship. He drove a strong race after he was handicapped with a small technical issue during qualifying. We still need to investigate what happened to Nico's car six laps before the end when he was in sixth position. It is a real shame that he could not finish and sorry to him for that. Nico drove a faultless race and it was a good strategy to bring him in under the safety car on lap one. Michael proved this weekend that he is strong when we give him the base to do so."

Edited by ivand911, 10 October 2010 - 10:54.

#6598 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 3,386 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 11:19

Cause of the saftey car had that not come out Nico would of been near the back and not benefit from being a pit stop ahead of everyone else

Edited by Massa_f1, 10 October 2010 - 11:19.

#6599 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 3,212 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 12:11

Schumacher has been inconsistent, we've see that all season. Sometimes he beats Rosberg, sometimes he gets his doors blown off by Rosberg. Sometimes he seems as quick as him but still manages to fall behind him. How can you call that consistency? If anything, the only consistent one has been Rosberg; a regular Top 10 qualifer and finisher. Schumacher on the other hand, has been hot and cold; mostly cold.

Rosberg may have lost points in Hungary and today with the loose wheels but Schumacher has lost points - good points - while being in a points scoring position only for bad strategy to have eluded him on many occasions.

Schumacher has definately bore the brunt of the bad luck - both his fault and as a result of circumstances out of his control.

I'm no Schumacher sychophant but I think a realistic appraisal needs to be conducted here. He more than deserves a place in F1, he has shown he has the pace, isn't dog slow (like Fisi and Badoer were last year) and can still race.

Advertisement

#6600 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 12:24

Or im "grasping" at FACTS?

Lets agree to disagree because your never going to be objective about this.

Mate do you think you could find some decent manners and take your writings/thoughts to the relevant MS Vs Rosberg thread? I come here and not there to avoid your style postings/comparisons.

Obviously Spa and today are starting to fire something up in MS, great racing with Rosberg (who drove very well and held his own) and great pass on Rubens who I'm sure said " thats just horrible!" when it happened :lol:

Naysayer or supporter, it would be great for F1 overall if MS does get the old fire back next year.