Photo

Michael Schumacher (merged)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20789 replies to this topic

#6651 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 07:19

I don't know what he told us but I remember his fans, you included, telling he would leave no stone unturned and be the best prepared driver for this season in every respect imaginable. Some more optimistic ones were even putting him as a WDC contender. Now it's funny to read all the excuses and the promises about a better showing in 2011/2012. I am curious to find out what was Haug doing in Kimi's house in Switzerland a couple of months ago, did he drop in just to have a sausage and beer or did they talk business?

Kimi jokers, living on rumors. Did you see Haug in Kimi house? Do you know where Haug live. Maybe he visit Michael castle then too? To ride some horses.

Advertisement

#6652 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 3,024 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 09:03

I hope they kick themselves in the rear for this big mistake. After Michael pit Lewis was 8 sec infront of Nico/Michael. When Nico crash difference was 29 sec to Lewis. I am sure if Michael did pass Nico in the pit , difference to Lewis would be around 15sec. when Lewis start having gearbox problem. I think with around 15 laps to the end Michael have 90% chance to catch Lewis and to take 5th. Or Lewis can damage his gearbox more if he would start to push it. Nico if he would drive with his speed could finish, maybe behind Koba ,but with points for 8th place. Better than nothing. Even Lewis left Button pass. But, Nooo, Nico thinks he is next best thing after the condoms. :rotfl:

In F1 Racing Magazine (September or August 2010 issue), there is an interview with Schumacher and Ecclestone where Schumacher says that team orders have favoured Rosberg this season (although he only mentioned Germany, I'm sure it has happened more since then) presumably to consolidate Rosberg's position ahead of Kubica and get ahead of Massa in the points standings too.

It's a team game. Rosberg knows it. Schumacher knows it. Brawn and Mercedes know it. And the discerning amongst us know it too.

#6653 zeph

zeph

• 765 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 09:16

:rotfl:

hahaha, if that is true it means that this season Schu gets a taste of his own medicine and feel what his former teammates must have felt.

#6654 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 3,024 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 09:34

hahaha, if that is true it means that this season Schu gets a taste of his own medicine and feel what his former teammates must have felt.

Yes, we see Schumacher whinging about it like Rubens and Johnny Herbert, don't we?

If anything, Schumacher is the perfect team player, he was calm, composed and quite dignified in his post-race answers. He could have ranted like other drivers do, but was very relaxed. That to me indicates he knows exactly what is going on which is why he can rubbish and brush off media gossip so easily.

#6655 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 3,328 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 10:00

brawn has his favorite just like last year, i seem to remember rubens getting all the bad pit stratergies :lol:

lasy year they could win the championship though this year you would think they would want as many points for the team as possible im sure the mercedes board are wondering why they made it so nico could get past schumacher if schumacher was showing much better pace.

we could see it on the live timing and im sure they could on the telemetry

I to am getting suspect of Ross Brawn which is surprising considering he is ment to be MS's best friend. The fact that its Haug always defending Schumacher and now the fact it is also Haug to of come out and apparently said Schumachers car is not the same as Nico's and basically hinting at tampering going on.

Both he and MS did not want to reveal what was wrong with the car in qualy which i find strange.

I mean a first time race strategy novice could of pitted Schumacher better than they did in Japan. Who's call was it anyway was it Shovlins?

Edited by Massa_f1, 11 October 2010 - 10:01.

#6656 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 10:29

Something to cheer you up. Michael against Barrichello. So easy. Very professional by both.
http://www.youtube.c...player_embedded

Edited by ivand911, 11 October 2010 - 10:31.

#6657 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • RC Forum Admin

• 16,616 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 10:29

This is not the Rosberg / Schumacher scorecard. I appreciate that the lines can get blurred but posting news stories to kick off discussions about the relative performances of these teammates is clearly the wrong side of that line for this thread.

There is also a post-race thread where you can de-construct the race and decisions taken more generally.

I would also suggest that if you wish to discuss team orders within Mercedes that is an opportunity for a new thread.

#6658 Mr2s

Mr2s

• 794 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 10:42

Yes, we see Schumacher whinging about it like Rubens and Johnny Herbert, don't we?

If anything, Schumacher is the perfect team player, he was calm, composed and quite dignified in his post-race answers. He could have ranted like other drivers do, but was very relaxed. That to me indicates he knows exactly what is going on which is why he can rubbish and brush off media gossip so easily.

Credit to Schumacher's composure, but drivers rarely rant. They tend to be pressed by the media and taken out of context. Barrichello's show of emotion last year was as good as it gets. I personally like to see emotion in drivers. Shame that internet F1 fans can only mange to interpret this as "crying" or "ranting". Anyone who's experienced the adrenalin of motorsport knows how difficult emotions can be immediately after a race.

#6659 cindy4ever33

cindy4ever33

• 47 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 11:33

http://www.f1fanatic...-prix-analysis/

I think this may explain why Merc decided the timing of pitstop and why MSC couldn't pass NR even he was faster.

Advertisement

#6660 Hacklerf

Hacklerf

• 2,333 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 13:10

It was fantastic to see Michael fast yesterday, he still has the drive, the talent and energy for this game, he has shown this now to the doubters, i think, once again like in the past Michael will show to the non believers that he is still Michael Schumacher, every time in the past when he has been put down, and written off, he comes up with something yesterday you could see something different about him

#6661 Tarzaan

Tarzaan

• 1,217 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 14:48

BS

Rubens said after he came from the Ferrari that he got the same technic than Schumi.

#6662 Lifew12

Lifew12

• 4,551 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 14:50

A good drive from Michael, with some of the old verve showing through for once. This is what we want, even those of us who don't particularly like the geezer! More of it please.

#6663 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 15:00

If this was true, which it isn't, why did they tell MSC over the radio that he was free to have a go at Nico and 'he won't do anything stupid'?

Probably based on this years form they didn't expect MS to be faster than Rosberg or maybe Rosberg had some issues.

#6664 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,029 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 15:26

Don't listen to fans, and don't always think any one of us can be right all of the time...

Especially don't listen to Sean Valen! ;)

Now Sean, I see you posting quite frequently here since Suzuka - one swallow doesn't make a summer. The verdict is still out on Michael, even if he gave us some hope for him in Suzuka.

#6665 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,029 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 15:33

What goes around comes around...

It could become even more pronounced next year if and when Mercedes GP produce a better car and Rosberg will be the team's #1 hope for the WDC - it will be interesting to see Michael again as the "World's best #2 driver" after 1999.

Also it will be great to read the raving reviews here about how good Michael is in driving for Nico! Unfortunately for Michael, most tracks on the calendar have slow corners and not long and fast bends like in Suzuka.

What still is strange to me is how limited Michael has become nowadays, that he cannot adapt, whereas in the early days he was renowned for it. Can it be that instead of his experience being surely to his advantage (that's what I would have thought at least) it is indeed impossible for him to change his driving style?

#6666 SchumiBoy

SchumiBoy

• 1,261 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 15:35

What still is strange to me is how limited Michael has become nowadays, that he cannot adapt, whereas in the early days he was renowned for it. Can it be that instead of his experience being surely to his advantage (that's what I would have thought at least) it is indeed impossible for him to change his driving style?

In the old days he spent weeks and months pounding that Ferrari around Fiorano until it suited him. And was able to dictate Goodyear and Bridgestone changes as well.
Now you have to live with the car as designed with minimal changes

Edited by SchumiBoy, 11 October 2010 - 15:35.

#6667 Graybearded

Graybearded

• 156 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 15:37

Especially don't listen to Sean Valen! ;)

Now Sean, I see you posting quite frequently here since Suzuka - one swallow doesn't make a summer. The verdict is still out on Michael, even if he gave us some hope for him in Suzuka.

This is a ridiculous comment, it's like saying the verdict is still out on Lance Armstrong. If a brilliant performance at the most technical "drivers" track on the schedule doesn't do it for you, nothing will.

You're hating.

:down:

#6668 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,029 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 15:45

This is a ridiculous comment, it's like saying the verdict is still out on Lance Armstrong. If a brilliant performance at the most technical "drivers" track on the schedule doesn't do it for you, nothing will.

You're hating.

:down:

I don't speak of Michael's historical record, but of his second career. On it the verdict is still out, or do you already have the answer on how it will end? As you make the comparison with Armstrong (and this is a comparison that is being frequently made) I would be careful, it may yet become public that Lance achieved all this victories under performance enhancing drugs...

The "hate" word is not in any way the basis for a civilized discussion, I think it is a comfortable yet immature way for some on an internet BB, to discredit the other party if they are not seeing eye to eye with them. Imagine that discussion culture when you sit together with someone in real life over a table....you would never do it.

In the final analysis the "hate" word says more about those who use it than about those who are accused of it.

#6669 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • RC Forum Admin

• 16,616 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 15:59

Posts deleted. Not a Kimi thread.

#6670 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,029 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 16:38

http://www.spiegel.d...,722384,00.html

Schumacher is attacking Mercedes

He could have taken Hamilton, he says, also he cannot understand how things always go wrong on his car.

Quite strong words for someone who just had one decent showing now to attack his team full scale. Something seems to have been building up.
I wonder what Michael would say if his car had lost a wheel twice already this year....

#6671 Graybearded

Graybearded

• 156 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 16:38

I don't speak of Michael's historical record, but of his second career. On it the verdict is still out, or do you already have the answer on how it will end? As you make the comparison with Armstrong (and this is a comparison that is being frequently made) I would be careful, it may yet become public that Lance achieved all this victories under performance enhancing drugs...

The "hate" word is not in any way the basis for a civilized discussion, I think it is a comfortable yet immature way for some on an internet BB, to discredit the other party if they are not seeing eye to eye with them. Imagine that discussion culture when you sit together with someone in real life over a table....you would never do it.

In the final analysis the "hate" word says more about those who use it than about those who are accused of it.

Psycho babble.

Let's speak plainly.

3 year layoff, serious neck injury, and no testing - and a car balance he hates...yes there were some dark days for him in the last few months but frankly and plainly M. Schumacher just shut people like you up this weekend...or at least he should have.

I am not particularly that much of a fan, he's done some things not worthy of a champion on the track, but I've never questioned his work ethic or motivation and while he may not be a fiery Brazilian or Colombian with loads of natural talent oozing out his pores he is yet again proving that even at 41 there is no one on the track mentally tougher then M. Schumacher - in any discipline.

He doesn't have to do a single thing more for me, I don't expect him to win a WDC, I don't even expect him to win a race, not in the car he has at the moment, but if you look at what he is doing objectively, it's impressive. He still has that fire and can still harass the best of them. That's the reality and you haters can continue to try to talk yourself out of it - I'm in my forties myself and I know how hard it must be to be competitive with kids in thier twenties, especially in a sport where young reflexes and young fitness is such an advantage.

It speaks volumes about anyone that is taking this opportunity to be negative about him. It's hating. End of story.

#6672 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,519 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 16:42

Something seems to have been building up.
I wonder what Michael would say if his car had lost a wheel twice already this year....

Well, he is favoured by Merc : he only once lost his wheel.

I think what happened in Japan was hard to swallow for Michael : malfunctioning F-duct, nonsensical pit-strategy, the call to be gentle in the fight with NR, NR's useless defence.

I think he had no problem playing second fiddle when it made sense. But given the different strategies and difference in speed he should have been let through.

Edited by Diablobb81, 11 October 2010 - 16:44.

#6673 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,029 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 16:48

Well, he is favoured by Merc : he only once lost his wheel.

Hungary:

Ret 4 Nico Rosberg Mercedes GP 15 Loose wheel 6

Japan:

17 4 Nico Rosberg Mercedes GP 47 Accident 6

I cannot imagine the noise Michael would make if the same thing happened to him twice in a season. So his accusation that "things happen only on my car" is factually wrong. A loose wheel or to even lose the wheel is much worse than a malfunctioning F-duct.

I think that MS now, on the strength of his Suzuka result, tries to reassert himself within the team, after all, the battle for the supremacy within the team is also something he has to win.

#6674 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,519 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 16:51

Hungary:

Japan:

I cannot imagine the noise Michael would make if the same thing happened to him twice in a season. So his accusation that "things happen only on my car" is factually wrong. A loose wheel or to even lose the wheel is much worse than a malfunctioning F-duct.

I think that MS now, on the strength of his Suzuka result, tries to reassert himself within the team, after all, the battle for the supremacy within the team is also something he has to win.

I was talking about Schumi being "favoured" by Merc because he only lost one wheel in the season. You asked about Michaels reaction about losing wheels. :rotfl: Chill.

Edited by Diablobb81, 11 October 2010 - 16:51.

#6675 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 16:57

Hungary:

Japan:

In the source you give they clearly say:left rear suspension broke. This is not loosing wheel. He broke/crack the suspension when he did excursion off track trying to overtake Torro Rosso. And this Schumi criticising Mercedes is only journalist interpretation. This interview is in every internet F1 site.

Edited by ivand911, 11 October 2010 - 17:00.

#6676 rog

rog

• 907 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 16:59

He broke the suspension when he did excursion off track trying to overtake Torro Rosso.

Give a source or shut up with your bashing.

#6677 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 17:13

Give a source or shut up with your bashing.

Source about what? I see how he left the track on TV. I am not sure that team still know the reason for suspension failure. You know it? This is forum I give my view about it. If you know or have view please share? If you have facts that show me wrong I would accept my mistake. Until then don't tell ppl to shut up. And who am I bashing? It is your usual role.

#6678 man

man

• 1,301 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 17:18

M Schumacher's mini "outburst" comes not as a surprise. No doubt, his ego has taken a serious batterning this season. Having claimed his goal was to be WDC in pre-season only to be tonked by your teammate to the extent he has will obviously lead to him needing to justify his performances to the public. He obviously feels his Suzuka performances has finally given him license to defend himself, a bit like Nige at the 1990 British GP. Its good he has got some spirit back apparently. Up until now being beaten qualifying after qualifying race after race was becoming a bit embarrassing even for his detractors. I feel though he should have saved his "outburst" until the end of the season because though his Suzuka performance was his best this season, Rosberg still had had him by 4 tenths in qual and was on a different out of sync strategy with M Schumacher for the race. Of course that fact dulls the whole Suzuka performance down a bit for M Schumacher so I can understand why it is being brushed under the carpet.

Still, its good that there is some fire back in him, even if its just mentally and not really on-track fire yet. Suzuka was his best race yet, on the surface of things.

#6679 Mr2s

Mr2s

• 794 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 17:23

Psycho babble.

Let's speak plainly.

3 year layoff, serious neck injury, and no testing - and a car balance he hates...yes there were some dark days for him in the last few months but frankly and plainly M. Schumacher just shut people like you up this weekend...or at least he should have.

I am not particularly that much of a fan, he's done some things not worthy of a champion on the track, but I've never questioned his work ethic or motivation and while he may not be a fiery Brazilian or Colombian with loads of natural talent oozing out his pores he is yet again proving that even at 41 there is no one on the track mentally tougher then M. Schumacher - in any discipline.

He doesn't have to do a single thing more for me, I don't expect him to win a WDC, I don't even expect him to win a race, not in the car he has at the moment, but if you look at what he is doing objectively, it's impressive. He still has that fire and can still harass the best of them. That's the reality and you haters can continue to try to talk yourself out of it - I'm in my forties myself and I know how hard it must be to be competitive with kids in thier twenties, especially in a sport where young reflexes and young fitness is such an advantage.

It speaks volumes about anyone that is taking this opportunity to be negative about him. It's hating. End of story.

His neck injury was not that serious according to the doctors who x-rayed him after his accident.
Michael is an insecure character, petulant and cracks under pressure too easily.
As for people hating him. It was never going to do him any favours, causing a serious accident the same year 2 drivers died in accidents. Against the team mate who attended the funeral. Bad taste is putting it lightly.
I agree with you on his work ethic and motivation, but he still hasn't done a Mansell and impressed in his 40s.
As for "harrassing the best of them" He never got the better of Alonso 5 and 6 years ago and is unlikely ever to, and he certainly wont get the better of Hamilton. He retired after his fathers advice to do so when someone better came along, which makes his comeback all the stranger.

Advertisement

#6680 Graybearded

Graybearded

• 156 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 17:38

His neck injury was not that serious according to the doctors who x-rayed him after his accident.
Michael is an insecure character, petulant and cracks under pressure too easily.
As for people hating him. It was never going to do him any favours, causing a serious accident the same year 2 drivers died in accidents. Against the team mate who attended the funeral. Bad taste is putting it lightly.
I agree with you on his work ethic and motivation, but he still hasn't done a Mansell and impressed in his 40s.
As for "harrassing the best of them" He never got the better of Alonso 5 and 6 years ago and is unlikely ever to, and he certainly wont get the better of Hamilton. He retired after his fathers advice to do so when someone better came along, which makes his comeback all the stranger.

yes, this is the 7 times world champion, you have him exact.

truly and utterly hopelessly pathetic...enjoy your "thread"...

#6681 MCh000

MCh000

• 181 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 17:42

It's like doctors look at x-ray photos and know how neck feels when gets 4 Gees.

Edited by MCh000, 11 October 2010 - 17:43.

#6682 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,029 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 19:39

Source about what? I see how he left the track on TV. I am not sure that team still know the reason for suspension failure. You know it? This is forum I give my view about it. If you know or have view please share?

Classic Ivan - the team does not know it, but Ivan saw it on TV! :lol:

#6683 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 3,328 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 19:52

Still hasent done a Mansell in his 40's thats cause he is not driving the red bull witch would be the equivelent of the Williams Mansell was driving. Put him in a Red Bull and i bet he will win.

#6684 rm111

rm111

• 406 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 19:53

Still hasent done a Mansell in his 40's thats cause he is not driving the red bull witch would be the equivelent of the Williams Mansell was driving. Put him in a Red Bull and i bet he will win.

Exactly :up:

#6685 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 19:57

Classic Ivan - the team does not know it, but Ivan saw it on TV! :lol:

I saw Nico at the end of the 6th lap when trying to overtake Buemi to go out of the track. You can see it here in the small screen. Maybe then he did something to his suspension? Maybe you missed it? I said I saw something and this is fact , it happen really? What is so funny?

#6686 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,029 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 20:00

I saw Nico at the end of the 6th lap when trying to overtake Buemi to go out of the track. You can see it here in the small screen. Maybe then he did something to his suspension? Maybe you missed it?

Even the Mercedes GP team has missed it, it seems. You should apply to work for them, Ivan!

#6687 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 20:10

Even the Mercedes GP team has missed it, it seems. You should apply to work for them, Ivan!

I still wait to read official explanation if they give such. I see something that can help for this failure. I don't say that is for sure. It is forum, everyone can give his opinion. Until now I didn't see other opinions about that.

#6688 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 20:35

http://translate.goo...u_10101030.html
http://translate.goo...s_10101022.html

#6689 Raelene

Raelene

• 5,333 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 21:22

In the old days he spent weeks and months pounding that Ferrari around Fiorano until it suited him. And was able to dictate Goodyear and Bridgestone changes as well.
Now you have to live with the car as designed with minimal changes

exactly - I'm surprised A-N would have even had to have that explained to him... pretty basic stuff

#6690 man

man

• 1,301 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 21:36

Not if his teammate is Rosberg it seems. ;-)

#6691 Nuvol

Nuvol

• 654 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 21:58

lol playboy has yet to win a single race. And I could bet if next year Merc is to win a race. It will be Michael not that blondie.

#6692 rog

rog

• 907 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 22:09

lol playboy has yet to win a single race. And I could bet if next year Merc is to win a race. It will be Michael not that blondie.

There is a bigger chance that Schumacher being replaced with Heidfeld next year. Afaik you are the one who told us Michael will be the first with a podium for Mercedes, you have your answer already. Luckily Michael does have only "blondie" as a teammate and not Alonso, Hamilton or Vettel, would be embarrassing for your slow and old hero.

Edited by rog, 11 October 2010 - 22:09.

#6693 man

man

• 1,301 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 22:11

He hasn't won a race. That is correct, the history books do not lie. However, the same history books will also tell you when given the same car, Rosberg has battered M Schumacher. ;-)

#6694 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,029 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 22:14

Probably based on this years form they didn't expect MS to be faster than Rosberg or maybe Rosberg had some issues....

....like a wheel that would fall off later in the race.

#6695 RedBaron

RedBaron

• 2,782 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 22:18

He hasn't won a race. That is correct, the history books do not lie. However, the same history books will also tell you when given the same car, Rosberg has battered M Schumacher. ;-)

Do the history books also have room for adding that Schumacher hadn't raced in Formula 1 for a full 3 years prior to that, returning to racing without barely any testing and running in a sport that has changed dramatically since he was last present? I'm sure in your edition of the history books, there won't be room for that.

Yaaah.

Edited by RedBaron, 11 October 2010 - 22:18.

#6696 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,029 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 22:19

exactly - I'm surprised A-N would have even had to have that explained to him... pretty basic stuff

Yes, it´s true Raelene, that´s pretty basic that Michael´s dominance in his first career was always a factor of him having unlimited testing opportunities like no other pilot and of tyres tailor made for him by Goodyear and then Bridgestone.

Nice that you start seeing that as pretty basic, that´s what we have been talking about on this thread for quite a while. Unlike you, some other Schumi fans still don´t get that.

#6697 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,029 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 22:21

Luckily Michael does have only "blondie" as a teammate and not Alonso, Hamilton or Vettel, would be embarrassing for your slow and old hero.

Oi oi oi, that would be indeed embarassing. Michael knew why he went to Mercedes GP and left Ferrari. :lol:

#6698 Raelene

Raelene

• 5,333 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 22:23

Yes, it´s true Raelene, that´s pretty basic that Michael´s dominance in his first career was always a factor of him having unlimited testing opportunities like no other pilot and of tyres tailor made for him by Goodyear and then Bridgestone.

Nice that you start seeing that as pretty basic, that´s what we have been talking about on this thread for quite a while. Unlike you, some other Schumi fans still don´t get that.

the tailor made tyres is a myth

and every other driver could test and test - why could they not get the results MS did

I just find it hilariaous that you bought up the "can't drive around problems like his fans said he could"...without mentioning the fact that times have certainly changed in terms of testing....

#6699 baddog

baddog

• 23,425 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 22:27

You know whats just priceless? How he was (according to his detractors) able to take advantage of those unlimited testing opportunities to pound out millions of miles at fiorano in order to destroy his teammates, while at the EXACT same time (according to the same detractors) he was able to destroy his teammates because they were forced to pound out millions of miles at fiorano to develop the car for him while he lay on a beach

And yes, those two criticisms have come from the same people at different times.. Rubens and Eddie were both slave testers, and also denied the chance to test.

Advertisement

#6700 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 22:35

Has anyone summed up all factors he has to cope with upon his return?

I am not sure if the list is complete, but some issues are challenge (its not in any particular order):

- pause in racing
- new regulations (sporting and technical) / new aerodynamics
- new team - get to know you factor
- technical team that was never really proven good but for one lucky DD
- team in internal chaos (disarray?) after reduction in manpower resources (from 1000 to 400 or thereabout)
- two new drivers
- new owners / second year in a row
- very little, if any pre-season testing
- no testing between races
- new tires
- car characteristics in sharp contrast with his old Ferrari
- new or revised tracks
- pompous attitute of some drivers, such as "I don't slow down for Schumacher", as one would be hero declared to whole world (behaviour on the track just follows)
- the same race control (hostile?) group

... what did I forget; I am sure there is more. These aren't excuses, he would be first one to object to that, but still, light or heavy, these factors are there.

On pro side - he is relaxed, nothing to prove, wants to win, but he is not DESPERATE like certain Brasilian who gets hysterical every chance he gets.

Edited by Sakae, 11 October 2010 - 22:42.