Photo

Michael Schumacher (merged)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20770 replies to this topic

#7001 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 06:14

It doesn't matter. No one needs to prove if they used it. You can not have an illegal system on a car and then claim but we didn't use it, and you have to prove that we did. Finding an illegal system on a car is enough to get disqualified.

Williams were not the one caught with an illegal system on the car. Assuming that they may have had an illegal system on the car has nothing to do with the fact that Benetton did. It is nothing but a distraction.

1/ Who was disqualified Mate, is there some hidden secret in history we don't know about? Umm yes they do have to prove they used it - so please explain your point to me?

5/ Difficult to find something when you don't even bother to look isn't it - Williams were not checked but the other 3 leading teams were, why?

A distraction from what by the way, the unprovable (but defendable) case against Schumacher using LC?

You forgot to answer questions 2, 3 and 4.

Advertisement

#7002 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 07:05

http://photofile.ru/...1/163798009.jpg
http://photofile.ru/...1/163798002.jpg
http://www.motorspor...z1287640315.jpg

#7003 Jazza

Jazza

• 1,054 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 07:31

1/ Who was disqualified Mate, is there some hidden secret in history we don't know about? Umm yes they do have to prove they used it - so please explain your point to me?

5/ Difficult to find something when you don't even bother to look isn't it - Williams were not checked but the other 3 leading teams were, why?

A distraction from what by the way, the unprovable (but defendable) case against Schumacher using LC?

You forgot to answer questions 2, 3 and 4.

Because I didn't care about 2, 3 or 4. I answered 1 and 5 because they needed addressing.

No one needs to prove if a team used an illegal device if it is found on a car. If a driver had an 8 speed gear box and the rules say you can only have 7 they would be DSQ. It wouldn't matter if he claimed he only used 7. Once you are caught with an illegal device on a car no one has to prove if it was used or not.

No one checked Williams because they didn't finish on the podium at Imola. Only the top 3 placed drivers had their car checked that day. MS, NL, and MH. Mentioning that Williams may have had something but no one checked is a distraction when the fact is that Benetton was checked and something was found.

Edited by Jazza, 21 October 2010 - 08:58.

#7004 Lifew12

Lifew12

• 4,551 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 07:36

1/ Did they use it? You were at trackside Silverstone 1994, give us the lowdown ......

If you bother to read my many posts you'll know I have absolutely no idea, and have made that quite clear.

#7005 Lifew12

Lifew12

• 4,551 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 07:38

They were not convicted for using TC and you are saying that they use TC so who is right where they convicted to use TC? I would like to get the straight answer like in court with only yes and no possibility.

The rest of your post is utterly convoluted and, again, misses my point - and also assumes I'm some sort of Anti-Schumacher/Bennetton bod - but I'll answer the above with a question: where did I say, in this entire thread or elsewhere, that they used TC, or were convicted of using TC? I have no idea whether they did or not, and have never claimed to.

#7006 I_hate_chicanes

I_hate_chicanes

• 101 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 09:59

BS hey?

Post Senna, Hill wasn't consistently on pole or second on the grid for the entire 1994 season? Or is that actually a fact?

Sorry to break your bubble but Hill only had 2 poles in 16 races in the 94 season...

#7007 Muz Bee

Muz Bee

• 2,531 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 10:25

I'd like to wish Michael all the best for this weekend's GP (and hope we can leave racing from the 90s alone for a couple of days at least). If Suzuka wasn't a one-off maybe we can hope for a late season return to some sort of decent form by the (former) great champion of F1. And I think we can be assured that Rosberg fans won't cry favoritism if Michael does have a good one!

#7008 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 10:29

can we not have a seperate thread for debating the history of michael schumacher?

Edited by arknor, 21 October 2010 - 10:29.

#7009 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 10:30

Ralf is again in Korea(I think again as RTL commentator). Is Lauda having problems? Hope Ralf will bring again luck to his brother like in Suzuka.

#7010 as65p

as65p

• 18,480 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 10:47

Sorry to break your bubble but Hill only had 2 poles in 16 races in the 94 season...

That single Zetec V8 powered car of MS suddenly driving rings about the distinctively more powerfull opposition in 1994... sure it was all MS' genius, he's been consistently at least a second faster than the rest of the field throughout his career, isn't he?

;)

#7011 Jazza

Jazza

• 1,054 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 10:48

can we not have a seperate thread for debating the history of michael schumacher?

Will his statistics and other accomplishments be put in that one as well?

#7012 Mr2s

Mr2s

• 794 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 11:00

Ralf is again in Korea(I think again as RTL commentator). Is Lauda having problems?

His mouth aches

#7013 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 11:16

Schumacher hopes: Even better than in Japan?
http://translate.goo...n_10102110.html

#7014 Zoe

Zoe

• 2,717 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 11:39

Still, Williams won the constructors championship in 1994 and shared six pole positions with Benetton. Fastest laps in the races were evenly shared between Benetton and Williams.
So cheapy's point that the Williams was a bl**dy good car in 1994 still stands, don't you think?

Zoe

#7015 frp

frp

• 353 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 11:54

In the case of mass dumper Ferrari and Mclaren explained to FIA that they think it is similar as other movable aerodynamic devices and should be removed.

If the mass damper is a movable aerodynamic device, then any race car since 1970 that has had springs or an anti-roll bar needs to be expunged from the results.

#7016 dde

dde

• 800 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 07:21

That single Zetec V8 powered car of MS suddenly driving rings about the distinctively more powerfull opposition in 1994... sure it was all MS' genius, he's been consistently at least a second faster than the rest of the field throughout his career, isn't he?

;)

- he was driving circles around Hill at the beginning of the season, not the end
- Senna was driving circle around Hill in the same car

This says a lot more about Hill than about the Benetton.

- Senna made the 3 first poles with an average 0.3s on Schumacher, gap he was totally unable to make in 93, where they were even in qual on season long, with the same engine (yes, the same)

That says quite something about the B194 being slower than the Williams, even at the beginning of the season, at least on a single lap. More difficult to drive maybe, but faster. That says also a lot about the Williams being much faster at the end of the season. Hill totally **** up his qual in Adelaide but Schumacher made a good one. Yet there were equal and 0.8s behind Mansell. It seems that at this end of the year, the Williams had recorvered the entire superiority of 1993. Now you can understand how Hill could beat MS at Suzuka and follow him in Australia.

Oh , you forgot all that ? Or don't want to remember ? Well, good for you.

#7017 as65p

as65p

• 18,480 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 07:47

Oh , you forgot all that ? Or don't want to remember ?

Sorry, my capacity to remember other peoples alternate realities is limited.

Yours just fell through as soon as you claimed McLaren and Benetton using the same engine in '93... :drunk:

#7018 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 07:50

This is what come to my mind when you say 1994:
http://deetroy.users...e/120919466.jpg
:rotfl:

Edited by ivand911, 22 October 2010 - 07:51.

#7019 man

man

• 1,303 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 08:29

The illegal fuel rigs meant starting lighter, easier in breaks and tyres, quicker pitstops, more strategy options - a rotten season in more ways then one. And to think that there are some on here that like to brush it under the carpet. ;-) Still, that is history, as of today after practice which clearly is not an accurate gauge, M Schumacher was in 12th, 3 tenths slower than his teammate. Will be interesting to see how the weekend develops.

Advertisement

#7020 Massa

Massa

• 5,201 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 08:42

- he was driving circles around Hill at the beginning of the season, not the end
- Senna was driving circle around Hill in the same car

This says a lot more about Hill than about the Benetton.

- Senna made the 3 first poles with an average 0.3s on Schumacher, gap he was totally unable to make in 93, where they were even in qual on season long, with the same engine (yes, the same)

That says quite something about the B194 being slower than the Williams, even at the beginning of the season, at least on a single lap. More difficult to drive maybe, but faster. That says also a lot about the Williams being much faster at the end of the season. Hill totally **** up his qual in Adelaide but Schumacher made a good one. Yet there were equal and 0.8s behind Mansell. It seems that at this end of the year, the Williams had recorvered the entire superiority of 1993. Now you can understand how Hill could beat MS at Suzuka and follow him in Australia.

Oh , you forgot all that ? Or don't want to remember ? Well, good for you.

Mclaren had a customer engine Ford in 93, while Benetton had a official ford engine.
This year, Benetton had a far better engine ford than Mclaren. And for me, it was the best year of Senna, his car was very crap this year.

#7021 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • RC Forum Admin

• 17,632 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 09:10

This thread has become very heavily diverted from its remit. Can we steer it back to 2010 Schumie please?

#7022 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 3,420 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 09:39

;)

No but he was consistently faster and better than Hill in 1994. If Schumacher hadn't have had the DQ's he would have been champion with races to spare.

#7023 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 3,511 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 09:45

This thread has become very heavily diverted from its remit. Can we steer it back to 2010 Schumie please?

Schumacher needs a bad race for that to happen lol. But in all seriousness i agree. I have avoided this thread over the last week or so for its complete irrelevance

#7024 Lifew12

Lifew12

• 4,551 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 10:01

Schumacher needs a bad race for that to happen lol. But in all seriousness i agree. I have avoided this thread over the last week or so for its complete irrelevance

I wouldn't say history is irrelevant, but Buttoneer is right.

Michael's looking great this weekend, isn't he?

#7025 eoin

eoin

• 5,010 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 10:04

That could be this weekend. On this years form S1 will be a real struggle for him as he has struggled on tight turns on fast tracks. For example in Spa Schumacher was losing a lot of time in S1 even though it's a 1 corner sector.

#7026 Hacklerf

Hacklerf

• 2,336 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 10:15

That is what Brawn was saying earlier in the year, about how Michael isnt loosing time of the hard sections, but in fact on the easy, slower sections due to traction and braking issues with the tyres, very strange

After hearing Pedro's comments of the new tyres for 2011, i think the real Michael Schumacher will once again emerge and return to the surface

#7027 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 3,420 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 10:24

That is what Brawn was saying earlier in the year, about how Michael isnt loosing time of the hard sections, but in fact on the easy, slower sections due to traction and braking issues with the tyres, very strange

After hearing Pedro's comments of the new tyres for 2011, i think the real Michael Schumacher will once again emerge and return to the surface

Slower corners take more time, hence there is more time to be lost (or won). If cars have traction problems exiting the corner and balance changes between entry, middle and exit of such corners its no wonder so much time is lost.

Fast corners are over in the blink of an eye and with the downforce levels these cars have, it's fairly easy to negotiate.

#7028 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 10:35

I still think difference tomorrow in S1 will be not 0,5 sec. Maybe they tried different things with/without F-duct. Still Michael have fastest top speed.

Edited by ivand911, 22 October 2010 - 10:43.

#7029 SpeedyS

SpeedyS

• 236 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 10:41

Heres my bet, MS is going to pull one out of the bag tomorrow in Qual.

Why? I was at FP1 / 2 today in the braking zone on the grandstand straight, all day MS downshifted and hit the brakes 50yds before where NR did, wasnt committing to the corner at all. Could not understand. Just got home looked at the best sectors times and rigt enough MS is 0.6 down on NR just in S1!! but up in S2 S3.

http://www.formula1....ctor_times.html

This was also with the fastest speed trap

http://www.formula1....speed_trap.html

Just have a feeling he will do ok tomorrow :wave:

#7030 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 10:47

Heres my bet, MS is going to pull one out of the bag tomorrow in Qual.

Why? I was at FP1 / 2 today in the braking zone on the grandstand straight, all day MS downshifted and hit the brakes 50yds before where NR did, wasnt committing to the corner at all. Could not understand. Just got home looked at the best sectors times and rigt enough MS is 0.6 down on NR just in S1!! but up in S2 S3.

http://www.formula1....ctor_times.html

This was also with the fastest speed trap

http://www.formula1....speed_trap.html

Just have a feeling he will do ok tomorrow :wave:

You will be lucky to see first Korean GP and MS there too. :) Thanks for info. I hope you are right. I also think he like the track and didn't have big problems.

Edited by ivand911, 22 October 2010 - 10:53.

#7031 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,447 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 10:51

Same with me.

Yet the reason why the thread is not exactly overflowing with posts when Schumi is doing comparatively well like in Suzuka is that people want to see the excellency from Michael they were used to. Would this excellency be there in 2010 people would not keep discussing 1994. As it is, if Michael does bad this draws more posts because this is what could not be expected.

A moderate showing by Michael draws a moderate amount of posts.

#7032 Polle

Polle

• 292 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 10:51

I bet you $.05 that Nico will probably outqualify Schu by .2 :cat: The two of them have been pretty close, though I expect a strong showing by both of them on Sat and Sun.

#7033 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,447 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 10:53

I wouldn't say history is irrelevant, but Buttoneer is right.

Michael's looking great this weekend, isn't he?

Buttoneer is always right, even when he is critical of myself.... ;)

Friday is early days, but Suzuka started much in the same vein like Yeongam.

#7034 PoliFanAthic

PoliFanAthic

• 647 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 10:53

Even so, times don't look too great from MGP.

#7035 man

man

• 1,303 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 10:54

No but he was consistently faster and better than Hill in 1994. If Schumacher hadn't have had the DQ's he would have been champion with races to spare.

Wold have been interesting to compare them if Benetton were not cheating I.e fuel rig issues etc

#7036 SpeedyS

SpeedyS

• 236 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 10:58

I bet you $.05 that Nico will probably outqualify Schu by .2 :cat: The two of them have been pretty close, though I expect a strong showing by both of them on Sat and Sun.

Ill take that :up:

#7037 eoin

eoin

• 5,010 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 12:58

Slower corners take more time, hence there is more time to be lost (or won). If cars have traction problems exiting the corner and balance changes between entry, middle and exit of such corners its no wonder so much time is lost.

Fast corners are over in the blink of an eye and with the downforce levels these cars have, it's fairly easy to negotiate.

Not really. There is a lot of time to be lost in slow corners as they are often followed by long straights. If a driver comes out of a corner 5km/h slower then they will be slower for the entire straight which can last for ~15s.

#7038 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 13:13

Even so, times don't look too great from MGP.

you cant really tell as the track was still getting faster and faster and few minutes of running, at times schumacher was up with the top 4-5 cars though but we dont know what fuel loads they were running.

earl indications seem to be they are closer to the mclarens than they have been for a long time though, mercedes have a working blown diffuser now?

#7039 7timesbetterthantherest

7timesbetterthantherest

• 192 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 13:52

I really , REALLY , hope to see if Michael will have the SPEED again this weekend ove Rosberg -

He's got to put some momemtum now until the end of the season - It will be great if he outquailifies Rosberg even if I think that will probably be unlikely considering his 2010 qual performance goes but as far as the race is concerned , I hope he's got the legs .... Rosberg won't be able to handle (He's MENTALLY weak , you know) another Japan-like performance by Schumacher this weekend ...

I have nothing against Nico - he's a team player and is a good teamate to Schumacher ... But I can see it coming a mile away, Rosberg will commence his bitching about his ''circumstances'' and ''environnement'' at Mercedes if Schumacher starts getting the better of him on a regular basis .... (WHICH SCHUMACHER WILL EVENTUALLY, WE ALL KNOW ITS COMING :up: ) .... Japan was maybe a start of things to come ...

Go Michael :up:

Advertisement

#7040 Jazza

Jazza

• 1,054 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 14:28

I really , REALLY , hope to see if Michael will have the SPEED again this weekend ove Rosberg -

He's got to put some momemtum now until the end of the season - It will be great if he outquailifies Rosberg even if I think that will probably be unlikely considering his 2010 qual performance goes but as far as the race is concerned , I hope he's got the legs .... Rosberg won't be able to handle (He's MENTALLY weak , you know) another Japan-like performance by Schumacher this weekend ...

Why is that? What has happened to lead you to that conclusion?

I have nothing against Nico - he's a team player and is a good teamate to Schumacher ... But I can see it coming a mile away, Rosberg will commence his bitching about his ''circumstances'' and ''environnement'' at Mercedes if Schumacher starts getting the better of him on a regular basis .... (WHICH SCHUMACHER WILL EVENTUALLY, WE ALL KNOW ITS COMING :up: ) .... Japan was maybe a start of things to come ...

Go Michael :up:

if Schumacher fans haven't figured it out yet, it posts like this that make people want to see Schumacher lose. It's nothing against schumacher himself, but the unbelievable double standards, poor losing attitude, poor winning attitude, and lack of respect for any other driver that causes so much rift.

When I ran into Ross brawn at the start of the year, I genuinely wished him well as I wanted to see him win with MS again. As a non Schumacher fan, I honestly think I would take more joy out of a MS win then many of his fans who just want to say "haha I told you so". One good race in japan (but nothing special. Just brought the car home in a place that rosberg has been doing all year) and the last two weeks has been one pile of crap put on rosberg post after post, about how he will start complaining, and how Schumacher's superior talent is going to get the best of him.

Shumachers worst enemy is his fans. Their expectations are too high, and when he doesn't fulfill them, they take it out on everyone else. :down:

Edited by Jazza, 22 October 2010 - 14:36.

#7041 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 14:34

the same could be said for rosbergs fans aswell im surprised the schumacher vs rosberg thread wasnt bumped saying rosberg 2 schumacher 0 (even though schumacher didnt try to set a fast time at the end of any sessions)

to me it seems obvious the team is going to be built around nico in the future though he just needs to be patience and let schumacher get on with his challenge of helping build a championship winning team , once schumacher retires rosberg can reap any benefits

#7042 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 3,420 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 14:45

Not really. There is a lot of time to be lost in slow corners as they are often followed by long straights. If a driver comes out of a corner 5km/h slower then they will be slower for the entire straight which can last for ~15s.

Depends on the torque of the engine, tractability and top end power. Look at Red Bull for instance, they enter and exit corners with an advantage over their competitors yet by the end of the straight the top speed KPH they fall back again.

BMW-Williams were much the same in 2001 - slow through corners yet awesome on the straights.

#7043 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 3,420 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 14:53

the same could be said for rosbergs fans aswell im surprised the schumacher vs rosberg thread wasnt bumped saying rosberg 2 schumacher 0 (even though schumacher didnt try to set a fast time at the end of any sessions)

to me it seems obvious the team is going to be built around nico in the future though he just needs to be patience and let schumacher get on with his challenge of helping build a championship winning team , once schumacher retires rosberg can reap any benefits

Indeed, look at Fernando, Kimi and Massa. They've all reaped the benefits of what Brawn/Byrne/Schumacher's sucess put in place; excellent facilities, new personell, massive track data etc.

The Ferrari ethos of working completely changed when that trio joined in 1997 and to be fair, they haven't look back since.

I think/believe/hope that the Brawn-Schumacher-new engineering blood will yield similar results in the future too.

Edited by Ferrari_F1_fan_2001, 22 October 2010 - 14:54.

#7044 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 14:57

if Schumacher fans haven't figured it out yet, it posts like this that make people want to see Schumacher lose. It's nothing against schumacher himself, but the unbelievable double standards, poor losing attitude, poor winning attitude, and lack of respect for any other driver that causes so much rift.

When I ran into Ross brawn at the start of the year, I genuinely wished him well as I wanted to see him win with MS again. As a non Schumacher fan, I honestly think I would take more joy out of a MS win then many of his fans who just want to say "haha I told you so". One good race in japan (but nothing special. Just brought the car home in a place that rosberg has been doing all year) and the last two weeks has been one pile of crap put on rosberg post after post, about how he will start complaining, and how Schumacher's superior talent is going to get the best of him.

Shumachers worst enemy is his fans. Their expectations are too high, and when he doesn't fulfill them, they take it out on everyone else. :down:

MS achieve a lot, this is why some fans behave like you said. But, other driver fans behave this way too. And this drivers are far from Michael success. But, more of Michael fans are happy that at 41 he is here with us. Every good result is just bonus. Did I ever believe that I will support team called MGP? No. And Michael driving for it? No. Are we happy about that? You bet. I know worst fans, for one WRC/F1 driver. They are really annoying. Running in every thread , spreading gossips. Starting stupid polls.

About Nico I really didn't see him like team player at any moment. Until he fight for 6th-7th place in WDC I don't think Michael will finish in the race ahead of him. Hope I am wrong. If you are team player ,you will not hold your team mate behind you, when he is 1,5 sec faster. And this when you fight for 6th(which is not win). But, we have to accept that. In Suzuka Lewis and Heidfeld show what is team player.

Edited by ivand911, 22 October 2010 - 14:59.

#7045 7timesbetterthantherest

7timesbetterthantherest

• 192 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 15:05

Why is that? What has happened to lead you to that conclusion?

Schumacher fans are'nt sore losers or bad winners TBH .... Yes are expectations are high just as Schumacher's expectations is high !
If Michael says he will be fighting for the title in 2011 who are we( his fans ) not to believe him ? I think Schumacher fans are the best fans of all F1 fans ...We are not band-wagon fans ,we do not jump ship each time there's a new champion crowned ... Do you know how much sh*t MS fans had to endure from 1996 to 2000 , the years when Michael did'nt win anything ? Schumacher fans are the most loyal fans there is if you want my opinion ... When you have FAITH in your favourite driver's ability and talent, you are willing to endure the punches as long and as hard it takes .... You are right about the ''I told you so'' part ... From 2000 to 2004 , we (MS fans) had the task of reminding his nay-sayers ''We told you so '' ..... So now in 2010 , we are repeating the process that we had to do from 96 to 2000....

You actually met Ross Brawn ? wow ! :up: You were at the right place at the right time I guess .... Why can't I have that same luck ?
Maybe me living in Montreal has got something to with it ? I know that if I was living near Brackley, England , I would be some sort of stalker camping out of the Mercedes F1 team headquareters wishing to shake Michael's hand ... Only in my dreams I guess ....

#7046 7timesbetterthantherest

7timesbetterthantherest

• 192 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 16:48

anybody notice the drivers names graphix on the tely when they show Schumacher's name ?

All 23 drivers graphix show the first 3 letters of their last names :

ROS (berg)
KUB (ica)
MAS (sa)
VET (tel)
WEB (ber)
HAM (ilton)
BUT (ton)
ALO (nso)
PET (rov)
BAR (richello)
HUL (kenburg)
HEI (dfeld)
KOB (ayashi)
SUT (il)
DLR ( as in De La Rosa )

Etc etc

How come Schumacher is different from the rest ?

Instead of being : SCH , like it's supposed to be .... They spell like this : MSC
as in M(ichael) SChumacher

Is'nt that weird ? Or maybe it's done on purpose , considering he's the most successful driver of all-time ...he's the only driver to have his first name initial (M) appear in his graphix ...So when the television viewers see it , they say to themselves : Hey, that's MICHAEL Schumacher ....I would understand the need of adding his M in front of SC if Ralf Schumacher was still racing in F1 , but he's not .....

Do you think it's done on purpose for any particular reason ? Maybe it's meant to be seen as M as in Mister Schumacher ??

:cool:

Edited by 7timesbetterthantherest, 22 October 2010 - 16:59.

#7047 Peeko

Peeko

• 3,256 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 16:59

anybody notice the drivers names graphix on the tely when they show Schumacher's name ?

All 23 drivers graphix show the first 3 letters of their last names :

ROS (berg)
KUB (ica)
MAS (sa)
VET (tel)
WEB (ber)
HAM (ilton)
BUT (ton)
ALO (nso)
PET (rov)
BAR (richello)
HUL (kenburg)
HEI (dfeld)
KOB (ayashi)
SUT (il)
DLR ( as in De La Rosa )

Etc etc

How come Schumacher is different from the rest ?

Instead of being : SCH , like it's supposed to be .... They spell like this : MSC
as in M(ichael) SChumacher

Is'nt that weird ? Or maybe it's done on purpose , considering he's the most successful driver of all-time ...he's the only driver to have his first name initial (M) appear in his graphix ...So when the television viewers see it , they say to themselves : Hey, that's MICHAEL Schumacher ....I would understand the need of adding his M in front of SCh if Ralf Schumacher was still racing in F1 , but he's not .....

Do you think it's done on purpose for any particular reason ? Maybe it's meant to be seen as M as in Mister Schumacher ??

:cool:

It's because of Ralf. RSC, MSC. That's all it is, really. That's the way he was, that's the way he stays.

#7048 7timesbetterthantherest

7timesbetterthantherest

• 192 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 17:03

It's because of Ralf. RSC, MSC. That's all it is, really. That's the way he was, that's the way he stays.

Yes , however Ralf is not in F1 currently and has been out of the sport for a couple of years now ..
So why still do it if he's the ONLY Schumacher present ?? It does'nt make sence .. :confused:

Edited by 7timesbetterthantherest, 22 October 2010 - 17:05.

#7049 Ross Stonefeld

Ross Stonefeld

• 59,194 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 17:08

Because that was what they used when both Ralf and Michael were in, so they just brought back his old timing graphic.

#7050 7timesbetterthantherest

7timesbetterthantherest

• 192 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 17:11

ah okay - thanx for responces guys !