Photo

Michael Schumacher (merged)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20789 replies to this topic

#7051 Polle

Polle

• 292 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 10:51

I bet you $.05 that Nico will probably outqualify Schu by .2 :cat: The two of them have been pretty close, though I expect a strong showing by both of them on Sat and Sun.

Advertisement

#7052 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,202 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 10:53

I wouldn't say history is irrelevant, but Buttoneer is right.

Michael's looking great this weekend, isn't he?

Buttoneer is always right, even when he is critical of myself.... ;)

Friday is early days, but Suzuka started much in the same vein like Yeongam.

#7053 PoliFanAthic

PoliFanAthic

• 642 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 10:53

Even so, times don't look too great from MGP.

#7054 man

man

• 1,302 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 10:54

No but he was consistently faster and better than Hill in 1994. If Schumacher hadn't have had the DQ's he would have been champion with races to spare.

Wold have been interesting to compare them if Benetton were not cheating I.e fuel rig issues etc

#7055 SpeedyS

SpeedyS

• 236 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 10:58

I bet you $.05 that Nico will probably outqualify Schu by .2 :cat: The two of them have been pretty close, though I expect a strong showing by both of them on Sat and Sun.

Ill take that :up:

#7056 eoin

eoin

• 5,010 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 12:58

Slower corners take more time, hence there is more time to be lost (or won). If cars have traction problems exiting the corner and balance changes between entry, middle and exit of such corners its no wonder so much time is lost.

Fast corners are over in the blink of an eye and with the downforce levels these cars have, it's fairly easy to negotiate.

Not really. There is a lot of time to be lost in slow corners as they are often followed by long straights. If a driver comes out of a corner 5km/h slower then they will be slower for the entire straight which can last for ~15s.

#7057 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 13:13

Even so, times don't look too great from MGP.

you cant really tell as the track was still getting faster and faster and few minutes of running, at times schumacher was up with the top 4-5 cars though but we dont know what fuel loads they were running.

earl indications seem to be they are closer to the mclarens than they have been for a long time though, mercedes have a working blown diffuser now?

#7058 7timesbetterthantherest

7timesbetterthantherest

• 192 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 13:52

I really , REALLY , hope to see if Michael will have the SPEED again this weekend ove Rosberg -

He's got to put some momemtum now until the end of the season - It will be great if he outquailifies Rosberg even if I think that will probably be unlikely considering his 2010 qual performance goes but as far as the race is concerned , I hope he's got the legs .... Rosberg won't be able to handle (He's MENTALLY weak , you know) another Japan-like performance by Schumacher this weekend ...

I have nothing against Nico - he's a team player and is a good teamate to Schumacher ... But I can see it coming a mile away, Rosberg will commence his bitching about his ''circumstances'' and ''environnement'' at Mercedes if Schumacher starts getting the better of him on a regular basis .... (WHICH SCHUMACHER WILL EVENTUALLY, WE ALL KNOW ITS COMING :up: ) .... Japan was maybe a start of things to come ...

Go Michael :up:

#7059 Jazza

Jazza

• 1,013 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 14:28

I really , REALLY , hope to see if Michael will have the SPEED again this weekend ove Rosberg -

He's got to put some momemtum now until the end of the season - It will be great if he outquailifies Rosberg even if I think that will probably be unlikely considering his 2010 qual performance goes but as far as the race is concerned , I hope he's got the legs .... Rosberg won't be able to handle (He's MENTALLY weak , you know) another Japan-like performance by Schumacher this weekend ...

Why is that? What has happened to lead you to that conclusion?

I have nothing against Nico - he's a team player and is a good teamate to Schumacher ... But I can see it coming a mile away, Rosberg will commence his bitching about his ''circumstances'' and ''environnement'' at Mercedes if Schumacher starts getting the better of him on a regular basis .... (WHICH SCHUMACHER WILL EVENTUALLY, WE ALL KNOW ITS COMING :up: ) .... Japan was maybe a start of things to come ...

Go Michael :up:

if Schumacher fans haven't figured it out yet, it posts like this that make people want to see Schumacher lose. It's nothing against schumacher himself, but the unbelievable double standards, poor losing attitude, poor winning attitude, and lack of respect for any other driver that causes so much rift.

When I ran into Ross brawn at the start of the year, I genuinely wished him well as I wanted to see him win with MS again. As a non Schumacher fan, I honestly think I would take more joy out of a MS win then many of his fans who just want to say "haha I told you so". One good race in japan (but nothing special. Just brought the car home in a place that rosberg has been doing all year) and the last two weeks has been one pile of crap put on rosberg post after post, about how he will start complaining, and how Schumacher's superior talent is going to get the best of him.

Shumachers worst enemy is his fans. Their expectations are too high, and when he doesn't fulfill them, they take it out on everyone else. :down:

Edited by Jazza, 22 October 2010 - 14:36.

Advertisement

#7060 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 14:34

the same could be said for rosbergs fans aswell im surprised the schumacher vs rosberg thread wasnt bumped saying rosberg 2 schumacher 0 (even though schumacher didnt try to set a fast time at the end of any sessions)

to me it seems obvious the team is going to be built around nico in the future though he just needs to be patience and let schumacher get on with his challenge of helping build a championship winning team , once schumacher retires rosberg can reap any benefits

#7061 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 3,210 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 14:45

Not really. There is a lot of time to be lost in slow corners as they are often followed by long straights. If a driver comes out of a corner 5km/h slower then they will be slower for the entire straight which can last for ~15s.

Depends on the torque of the engine, tractability and top end power. Look at Red Bull for instance, they enter and exit corners with an advantage over their competitors yet by the end of the straight the top speed KPH they fall back again.

BMW-Williams were much the same in 2001 - slow through corners yet awesome on the straights.

#7062 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 3,210 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 14:53

the same could be said for rosbergs fans aswell im surprised the schumacher vs rosberg thread wasnt bumped saying rosberg 2 schumacher 0 (even though schumacher didnt try to set a fast time at the end of any sessions)

to me it seems obvious the team is going to be built around nico in the future though he just needs to be patience and let schumacher get on with his challenge of helping build a championship winning team , once schumacher retires rosberg can reap any benefits

Indeed, look at Fernando, Kimi and Massa. They've all reaped the benefits of what Brawn/Byrne/Schumacher's sucess put in place; excellent facilities, new personell, massive track data etc.

The Ferrari ethos of working completely changed when that trio joined in 1997 and to be fair, they haven't look back since.

I think/believe/hope that the Brawn-Schumacher-new engineering blood will yield similar results in the future too.

Edited by Ferrari_F1_fan_2001, 22 October 2010 - 14:54.

#7063 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 14:57

if Schumacher fans haven't figured it out yet, it posts like this that make people want to see Schumacher lose. It's nothing against schumacher himself, but the unbelievable double standards, poor losing attitude, poor winning attitude, and lack of respect for any other driver that causes so much rift.

When I ran into Ross brawn at the start of the year, I genuinely wished him well as I wanted to see him win with MS again. As a non Schumacher fan, I honestly think I would take more joy out of a MS win then many of his fans who just want to say "haha I told you so". One good race in japan (but nothing special. Just brought the car home in a place that rosberg has been doing all year) and the last two weeks has been one pile of crap put on rosberg post after post, about how he will start complaining, and how Schumacher's superior talent is going to get the best of him.

Shumachers worst enemy is his fans. Their expectations are too high, and when he doesn't fulfill them, they take it out on everyone else. :down:

MS achieve a lot, this is why some fans behave like you said. But, other driver fans behave this way too. And this drivers are far from Michael success. But, more of Michael fans are happy that at 41 he is here with us. Every good result is just bonus. Did I ever believe that I will support team called MGP? No. And Michael driving for it? No. Are we happy about that? You bet. I know worst fans, for one WRC/F1 driver. They are really annoying. Running in every thread , spreading gossips. Starting stupid polls.

About Nico I really didn't see him like team player at any moment. Until he fight for 6th-7th place in WDC I don't think Michael will finish in the race ahead of him. Hope I am wrong. If you are team player ,you will not hold your team mate behind you, when he is 1,5 sec faster. And this when you fight for 6th(which is not win). But, we have to accept that. In Suzuka Lewis and Heidfeld show what is team player.

Edited by ivand911, 22 October 2010 - 14:59.

#7064 7timesbetterthantherest

7timesbetterthantherest

• 192 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 15:05

Why is that? What has happened to lead you to that conclusion?

Schumacher fans are'nt sore losers or bad winners TBH .... Yes are expectations are high just as Schumacher's expectations is high !
If Michael says he will be fighting for the title in 2011 who are we( his fans ) not to believe him ? I think Schumacher fans are the best fans of all F1 fans ...We are not band-wagon fans ,we do not jump ship each time there's a new champion crowned ... Do you know how much sh*t MS fans had to endure from 1996 to 2000 , the years when Michael did'nt win anything ? Schumacher fans are the most loyal fans there is if you want my opinion ... When you have FAITH in your favourite driver's ability and talent, you are willing to endure the punches as long and as hard it takes .... You are right about the ''I told you so'' part ... From 2000 to 2004 , we (MS fans) had the task of reminding his nay-sayers ''We told you so '' ..... So now in 2010 , we are repeating the process that we had to do from 96 to 2000....

You actually met Ross Brawn ? wow ! :up: You were at the right place at the right time I guess .... Why can't I have that same luck ?
Maybe me living in Montreal has got something to with it ? I know that if I was living near Brackley, England , I would be some sort of stalker camping out of the Mercedes F1 team headquareters wishing to shake Michael's hand ... Only in my dreams I guess ....

#7065 7timesbetterthantherest

7timesbetterthantherest

• 192 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 16:48

anybody notice the drivers names graphix on the tely when they show Schumacher's name ?

All 23 drivers graphix show the first 3 letters of their last names :

ROS (berg)
KUB (ica)
MAS (sa)
VET (tel)
WEB (ber)
HAM (ilton)
BUT (ton)
ALO (nso)
PET (rov)
BAR (richello)
HUL (kenburg)
HEI (dfeld)
KOB (ayashi)
SUT (il)
DLR ( as in De La Rosa )

Etc etc

How come Schumacher is different from the rest ?

Instead of being : SCH , like it's supposed to be .... They spell like this : MSC
as in M(ichael) SChumacher

Is'nt that weird ? Or maybe it's done on purpose , considering he's the most successful driver of all-time ...he's the only driver to have his first name initial (M) appear in his graphix ...So when the television viewers see it , they say to themselves : Hey, that's MICHAEL Schumacher ....I would understand the need of adding his M in front of SC if Ralf Schumacher was still racing in F1 , but he's not .....

Do you think it's done on purpose for any particular reason ? Maybe it's meant to be seen as M as in Mister Schumacher ??

:cool:

Edited by 7timesbetterthantherest, 22 October 2010 - 16:59.

#7066 Peeko

Peeko

• 3,211 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 16:59

anybody notice the drivers names graphix on the tely when they show Schumacher's name ?

All 23 drivers graphix show the first 3 letters of their last names :

ROS (berg)
KUB (ica)
MAS (sa)
VET (tel)
WEB (ber)
HAM (ilton)
BUT (ton)
ALO (nso)
PET (rov)
BAR (richello)
HUL (kenburg)
HEI (dfeld)
KOB (ayashi)
SUT (il)
DLR ( as in De La Rosa )

Etc etc

How come Schumacher is different from the rest ?

Instead of being : SCH , like it's supposed to be .... They spell like this : MSC
as in M(ichael) SChumacher

Is'nt that weird ? Or maybe it's done on purpose , considering he's the most successful driver of all-time ...he's the only driver to have his first name initial (M) appear in his graphix ...So when the television viewers see it , they say to themselves : Hey, that's MICHAEL Schumacher ....I would understand the need of adding his M in front of SCh if Ralf Schumacher was still racing in F1 , but he's not .....

Do you think it's done on purpose for any particular reason ? Maybe it's meant to be seen as M as in Mister Schumacher ??

:cool:

It's because of Ralf. RSC, MSC. That's all it is, really. That's the way he was, that's the way he stays.

#7067 7timesbetterthantherest

7timesbetterthantherest

• 192 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 17:03

It's because of Ralf. RSC, MSC. That's all it is, really. That's the way he was, that's the way he stays.

Yes , however Ralf is not in F1 currently and has been out of the sport for a couple of years now ..
So why still do it if he's the ONLY Schumacher present ?? It does'nt make sence .. :confused:

Edited by 7timesbetterthantherest, 22 October 2010 - 17:05.

#7068 Ross Stonefeld

Ross Stonefeld

• 57,799 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 17:08

Because that was what they used when both Ralf and Michael were in, so they just brought back his old timing graphic.

#7069 7timesbetterthantherest

7timesbetterthantherest

• 192 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 17:11

ah okay - thanx for responces guys !

#7070 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 17:23

ah okay - thanx for responces guys !

its so the famous people who know nothing about the sport can call him MSC :rotfl:

just kidding but once at monaco frank brunk was there and he refered to him as shoe maker :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

#7071 Number62

Number62

• 494 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 17:26

MS achieve a lot, this is why some fans behave like you said. But, other driver fans behave this way too. And this drivers are far from Michael success. But, more of Michael fans are happy that at 41 he is here with us. Every good result is just bonus. Did I ever believe that I will support team called MGP? No. And Michael driving for it? No. Are we happy about that? You bet. I know worst fans, for one WRC/F1 driver. They are really annoying. Running in every thread , spreading gossips. Starting stupid polls.

About Nico I really didn't see him like team player at any moment. Until he fight for 6th-7th place in WDC I don't think Michael will finish in the race ahead of him. Hope I am wrong. If you are team player ,you will not hold your team mate behind you, when he is 1,5 sec faster. And this when you fight for 6th(which is not win). But, we have to accept that. In Suzuka Lewis and Heidfeld show what is team player.

Ivan, I admire your boundless optimism and love for MSC but you need to try and look at what you write with a dispassionate eye and gather a bit of perspective.

MSC has had a dreadful year, by anyones standards let alone his. You claim to be happy just that he is there and driving and that's OK. So he doesn't really need to overtake Nico for you to continue to be happy and that's fine for you.

However if you downplay Nico's achievents or his attitude within the team you give your real feelings away and expose your hero to ridicule by comparison. Also to claim NR should have moved over for MSC is barmy, he shouldn't. His situation was very different to LH and NH and he was well within normal racing speeds. He needs to be ruthless if he's to be champion material (just like MSC was) and he's shown that he can be this year. There was no sporting or commercial logic to be letting MSC past at that point.

#7072 l2k2

l2k2

• 94 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 17:26

Yes , however Ralf is not in F1 currently and has been out of the sport for a couple of years now ..
So why still do it if he's the ONLY Schumacher present ?? It does'nt make sence .. :confused:

Yes it does,
changing the tag of a driver would cause confusion.

IIRC the tags appeared whilst both Sch's were driving, and they wanted them to have similar tags, so MSC and RSC were logical choises.
If Michael had already had tag SCH, they could just have named Ralf RSC and Michael would have still been SCH.

#7073 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 18:26

Ivan, I admire your boundless optimism and love for MSC but you need to try and look at what you write with a dispassionate eye and gather a bit of perspective.

MSC has had a dreadful year, by anyones standards let alone his. You claim to be happy just that he is there and driving and that's OK. So he doesn't really need to overtake Nico for you to continue to be happy and that's fine for you.

However if you downplay Nico's achievents or his attitude within the team you give your real feelings away and expose your hero to ridicule by comparison. Also to claim NR should have moved over for MSC is barmy, he shouldn't. His situation was very different to LH and NH and he was well within normal racing speeds. He needs to be ruthless if he's to be champion material (just like MSC was) and he's shown that he can be this year. There was no sporting or commercial logic to be letting MSC past at that point.

You think that Michael and Nico really compete each other on the track. I doubt that. How Nico get infront of Michael in Suzuka, how he did it in Germany too? Because team wanted him there. Why they didn't put Michael in the pit with first SC in Singapore(with Webber)? Because this why he can ruin Nico strategy. Spa, Nico pass Michael, after Michael passing him because Nico did mistake. I don't think that for Michael 6th or 7th place play any role. He can only get 9th in WDC , where Nico fight for 6th now. I really don't know why this mean so much for the team? Just to say we beat one Ferrari and Kubica? But this is how is the situation right now. And for dreadful year Michael is not only responsible. But I will not get here into details , if you were interested you will go little back and read for yourself. It was discussed to much. LH and NH were well within racing speed when they let their team-mates pass(because nobody else pass them). Michael will not overtake Nico because team don't want this from him, they prefer Nico in front(more points for Nico in WDC). Simple. If Michael accept this to help the team, who am I and you to complain. My optimism is Michael to finish his 3 year contract. Simple again.
Your quote in other thread:"LH probably could have gone faster though. He was managing the threat from behind whilst being gentle on the gearbox."

Edited by ivand911, 22 October 2010 - 18:43.

#7074 Zoe

Zoe

• 2,717 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 18:58

The illegal fuel rigs meant starting lighter, easier in breaks and tyres, quicker pitstops, more strategy options - a rotten season in more ways then one.

This would be true if the fuel rig actually led to a significantly faster fuel flow. There were many accusations for that, but was there a proof?

Here is what the official investigation report has to say about the issue:

PRESS RELEASE FROM THE FEDERATION INTERNATIONALE DE L'AUTOMOBILE (FIA)

Following a detailed investigation into the fire involving car No. 6 during a pit stop at the German Grand Prix, the refueling equipment manufacturer, Intertechnique, has reported to the FlA as follows:

1. The fuel spillage was caused by a valve failing to close properly,

2. The valve was slow to close due to the presence of a foreign body,

3. The foreign body is believed to have reached the valve because a filter designed to eliminate this risk had been deliberately removed.

A report has been submitted by the FIA Observer, Mr R. Causo, under Article 152 of the International Sporting Code and Benetton Formula Ltd. has been summoned to appear before the World Motor Sport Council on 19 October, 1994 to answer a charge that they are in breach of Article 6.5.1 of the FlA Formula One Technical Regulations.

Paris, 10 August 1994

Do we have an official report looking at the fuel flow rates somewhere? It would be interesting to see.

Zoe

#7075 Muz Bee

Muz Bee

• 2,531 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 19:20

You think that Michael and Nico really compete each other on the track. I doubt that. How Nico get infront of Michael in Suzuka, how he did it in Germany too? Because team wanted him there. Why they didn't put Michael in the pit with first SC in Singapore(with Webber)? Because this why he can ruin Nico strategy. Spa, Nico pass Michael, after Michael passing him because Nico did mistake. I don't think that for Michael 6th or 7th place play any role. He can only get 9th in WDC , where Nico fight for 6th now. I really don't know why this mean so much for the team? Just to say we beat one Ferrari and Kubica? But this is how is the situation right now. And for dreadful year Michael is not only responsible. But I will not get here into details , if you were interested you will go little back and read for yourself. It was discussed to much. LH and NH were well within racing speed when they let their team-mates pass(because nobody else pass them). Michael will not overtake Nico because team don't want this from him, they prefer Nico in front(more points for Nico in WDC). Simple. If Michael accept this to help the team, who am I and you to complain. My optimism is Michael to finish his 3 year contract. Simple again.
Your quote in other thread:"LH probably could have gone faster though. He was managing the threat from behind whilst being gentle on the gearbox."

You see Ivan, people are seeing this sort of reasoning as just another extension of the excuses about Michael's below ordinary performances. There weren't many of us who didn't believe after the first GP that MSC would close the gap and probably gain the upper hand. Expectations by his fans was initially "within 4 races" then "by mid-season". With the season nearing it's close there is no clear trend of MSC closing the gap, Suzuka notwithstanding. If Michael does it at Korea then maybe a late trend is emerging but your cries about "team orders" have two flaws;

1. Rosberg's 6th or 7th position in the WDC is neither here nor there to M-B F1 (or probably Nico), even the WCC is not something they are particularly concerned about now. 2011 is their focus.

2. Team orders was customary for Michael at Ferrari even when he had a near impregnable points lead. If Nico were benefiting from team orders which I have my doubts about, he has earned his pecking order by his domination, yes DOMINATION.

You may be quite happy to see MSC simply in F1 and making up the numbers but many including Brawn won't be that complacent. Being a commercial ambassador is not enough, maybe his input into 2011 car will be a boost, in which case Nico will probably be the major beneficiary of this. The more you and others deride Nico the less credible MSC's performances look. The only way Michael's results have any credibility in 2010 is if Nico is doing a stellar job.

#7076 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 19:39

You see Ivan, people are seeing this sort of reasoning as just another extension of the excuses about Michael's below ordinary performances. There weren't many of us who didn't believe after the first GP that MSC would close the gap and probably gain the upper hand. Expectations by his fans was initially "within 4 races" then "by mid-season". With the season nearing it's close there is no clear trend of MSC closing the gap, Suzuka notwithstanding. If Michael does it at Korea then maybe a late trend is emerging but your cries about "team orders" have two flaws;

1. Rosberg's 6th or 7th position in the WDC is neither here nor there to M-B F1 (or probably Nico), even the WCC is not something they are particularly concerned about now. 2011 is their focus.

2. Team orders was customary for Michael at Ferrari even when he had a near impregnable points lead. If Nico were benefiting from team orders which I have my doubts about, he has earned his pecking order by his domination, yes DOMINATION.

You may be quite happy to see MSC simply in F1 and making up the numbers but many including Brawn won't be that complacent. Being a commercial ambassador is not enough, maybe his input into 2011 car will be a boost, in which case Nico will probably be the major beneficiary of this. The more you and others deride Nico the less credible MSC's performances look. The only way Michael's results have any credibility in 2010 is if Nico is doing a stellar job.

You think they don't care about place in WDC? Why you think that, I never read that they don't care. About domination, I know one guy that dominated 10-11 years. With his domination Nico will not get anywhere. What is domination for you to finish 6th,7th or 8th and to beat your team-mate in 9th. Great result if you ask me. First , you say team don't care about WDC result, after this you say Brawn will be not happy with making the numbers only. Make up your mind. Lets not give MS advices, can we? He can do in F1 everything he want. And he still have place in F1 even at 41-42. Doubt that about Nico.

#7077 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 05:45

Q3 nice. Now one odd starting place for Michael please.

#7078 rog

rog

• 908 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 06:10

Q3 nice. Now one odd starting place for Michael please.

Very nice, only 4 tenths down to Nico, well done. Luckily he was half a tenth faster to Barrichello.

Edited by rog, 23 October 2010 - 06:11.

#7079 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 06:17

For Nico sake I hope he start good tomorrow or three places between them will not save him.

Advertisement

#7080 Mastah

Mastah

• 3,679 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 06:23

BBC just showed how Michael blocked Rubens in Q2 for some 20 (!!!) seconds, that was very weak :down:.

#7081 RedBaron

RedBaron

• 2,838 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 06:26

BBC just showed how Michael blocked Rubens in Q2 for some 20 (!!!) seconds, that was very weak :down:.

And Rubens is on the BBC making it personal as always... despite claiming he doesn't want to. Bringing up Hungary and *other* moments in history. There's absolutely no need for that, Schumacher did block Rubens but there is no way he planned to be there to block him so making it so personal and dragging up events in history is just classic cry baby Barrichello.

#7082 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 06:27

I guess no one was in fast lap? So no problem, but I didn't see the incident?

#7083 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 3,386 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 06:27

Bye bye grid slot. Another disaster. MS says team dident tell him. Starting to get a bit annoyed with this season now.

#7084 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 3,386 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 06:28

And Rubens is on the BBC making it personal as always... despite claiming he doesn't want to. Bringing up Hungary and *other* moments in history. There's absolutely no need for that, Schumacher did block Rubens but there is no way he planned to be there to block him so making it so personal and dragging up events in history is just classic cry baby Barrichello.

Yea he really does annoy me. He has knwo one else to blame for his 5 years at Ferrari other than himself. If he dident want to be number 2 shouldent of signed the contract.

I have no respect for for him.

Edited by Massa_f1, 23 October 2010 - 06:31.

#7085 Mastah

Mastah

• 3,679 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 06:29

I guess no one was in fast lap? So no problem, but I didn't see the incident?

Are you kidding? Rubens was on a fast lap, Schu on out or in lap.

#7086 Kop Alonso

Kop Alonso

• 277 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 06:29

Schumacher drove past at least two flashing blue lights & his excuse was the team did not tell him.....can he not use his mirrors ?

It was poor driving simple as that how can you say he planned not to be there ?

:down:

#7087 RedBaron

RedBaron

• 2,838 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 06:34

Schumacher drove past at least two flashing blue lights & his excuse was the team did not tell him.....can he not use his mirrors ?

It was poor driving simple as that how can you say he planned not to be there ?

:down:

This is a very silly post, those mirrors show very little, if he doesn't look in exactly the right moment it's very possible he wouldn't even see Rubens. Quite true though, he failed to see blue flags which is a failure and he'll probably get a penalty for it. The team should have been on the radio telling him who was where on the circuit infront/behind him, it's standard protocol these days... Mercedes shambles again.

Anyway I agree, he blocked and will probably receive a penalty, what I don't agree with is Rubens Barrichello's constant child-like attitude. How has this block in qualifying got anything to do with Hungary like he mentioned or any of the unnamed events in the past he also mentioned? Rubens loves making it personal especially with Schumacher, he loves a good feel sorry for me sob story.

#7088 Kop Alonso

Kop Alonso

• 277 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 06:39

This is a very silly post, those mirrors show very little, if he doesn't look in exactly the right moment it's very possible he wouldn't even see Rubens. Quite true though, he failed to see blue flags which is a failure and he'll probably get a penalty for it. The team should have been on the radio telling him who was where on the circuit infront/behind him, it's standard protocol these days... Mercedes shambles again.

Anyway I agree, he blocked and will probably receive a penalty, what I don't agree with is Rubens Barrichello's constant child-like attitude. How has this block in qualifying got anything to do with Hungary like he mentioned or any of the unnamed events in the past he also mentioned? Rubens loves making it personal especially with Schumacher, he loves a good feel sorry for me sob story.

MS seemed to be able to use his mirrors (especially his right one ) very well in Hungary ....

Face facts it was poor driving & not the teams fault ..

:lol:

#7089 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 06:41

I can't comment on what happen because as I said I didn't see it. I don't have BBC. But, I am sure he didn't do it because it was Rubens? What can happen now to put him in P10? I don't get it, Rubens get to Q3, why crying? I understand that if he didn't get in Q3. But, he get in Q3. Then what was the problem that Michael block him? He didn't suffer any negative effect from it? What he will say to stewards: He didn't stop me from getting in Q3 but he block me and you need to punish him , even that he didn't compromise my result?

Edited by ivand911, 23 October 2010 - 06:45.

#7090 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 3,386 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 06:42

Yep agree and that dont work on me.

he dident even attempt to get past or show Schumacher he was there. Its always personal with him. Deep down it is himself he has the issue with am sure( for staying at Ferrari so long) not Micheal.

#7091 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 3,386 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 06:43

I can't comment on what happen because as I said I didn't see it. I don't have BBC. But, I am sure he didn't do it because it was Rubens? What can happen now to put him in P10? I don't get it, Rubens get to Q3, why crying? I understand that if he didn't get in Q3. But, he get in Q3. Then what was the problem that Michael block him? He didn't suffer any negative effect from it?

He will most likley start from 14th. Look on the bright side at least the silent posters when Micheal has an ok weekend will come out and make this thread alive again. lol.

Edited by Massa_f1, 23 October 2010 - 06:44.

#7092 hotstickyslick

hotstickyslick

• 3,400 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 06:48

Blocking is blocking and Schumi should be punished. That doesn't mean I like Barrichello though, just to make it clear to certain individuals.

#7093 iakhtar

iakhtar

• 184 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 06:48

The two old gits really hate each other don't they hehe

#7094 topical

topical

• 2,300 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 06:49

Another blocking incident and again slower than Rosberg despite learning new tracks supposedly being MS' speciality.
Not a great start to the weekend...

#7095 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 3,386 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 06:51

The two old gits really hate each other don't they hehe

Its more Rubens hating MS than MS hating Rubens. I would imagine MS is a little sick of Rubens's childish behavior like singing unpleasent songs about him at partys moaning every chance he gets to bring up Ferrari days.

#7096 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 06:53

It is not for us to decide. What happen happen. There is people for this, lets they do their job. From guys that get in Q3, only Rubens can continue to speak for something like this that Happen in Q2. But there was a lot of blocking going on. Maybe there will be more cases.

Edited by ivand911, 23 October 2010 - 07:00.

#7097 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,563 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 07:26

If Lewis wasn't penalised last race , neither should Schumi be penalised now for something that happened in Q2 (which had no effect on the quali since Barrichello made it into Q3).

But with that crybaby you never know.

Edited by Diablobb81, 23 October 2010 - 07:27.

#7098 Graybearded

Graybearded

• 156 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 07:28

Rubens whining like a woman per usual...

#7099 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 3,210 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 07:34

Indeed. Schumacher just made a personal apology - not a Mercedes team forced one - in front of millions of people (even though we didn't hear it, we all saw it) and Rubens still has a whinge in front on Lee McKenzie.

This whole 'I don't want to make it personal' thing is rubbish. Schumacher and Ferrari did a total demolition job on this guy mentally and he'll be haunted for the rest of his life by it. Classic whingy Rubens. Well done mate, you did yourself no favours today :up:

Edited by Ferrari_F1_fan_2001, 23 October 2010 - 07:39.

Advertisement

#7100 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,202 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 07:35

But wait, Korea is coming up!

:smoking:

I knew it - sure enough Schumacher would come up with something stupid and unfair as well as with another mediocre showing - 4 tenths off the pace, the gap is increasing!
Let´s hope Schumi stays in the sport for 2011 and 2012, he is at least a mainstay in his special fields....

:smoking: