Photo

Michael Schumacher (merged)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20770 replies to this topic

#7101 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 3,420 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 10:38

Classic Schumie fan sentiment - like George W Bush "you're either with us or you're against us". Still living in another era, down south, chickin lickin', hate strangers, suspicious of everyone.

I actually like Michael a whole lot more than most of you blinkered dudes, you actually turn me off the man's great achievements if anything.

If Michael did the block he should do the penalty like every other guy, no favours, no recriminations.

No, not classic Schumi-fan sentiments. Rather an observation of the typical behaviour Rubens exhibits towards Schumacher; has a whinge in front of million on TV even though Schumacher just made a personal apology to him.

As I said before, Schumacher and his Ferrari tenure mentally demolished the guy.

Advertisement

#7102 Augurk

Augurk

• 1,932 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 10:42

Ah, we're back to 2010 :)

Let's hope that after the race this thread is all about 1994 again! And I expect it to :smoking:

#7103 as65p

as65p

• 18,480 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 10:51

Michael was great today, wasn't he? I can't wait for next years Mercedes, it will be interesting to see how much quicker than him Nico is in a better car.

:D :up:

#7104 Frans

Frans

• 7,701 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 10:52

Great performance this qualifying indeed .... :up:

Let's see if he can keep that position during the race, or if he will drop 2 or 3 places during the race ... :smoking:

#7105 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 11:04

Great performance this qualifying indeed .... :up:

Let's see if he can keep that position during the race, or if he will drop 2 or 3 places during the race ... :smoking:

My prognosis is that he will gain two positions on the start. Kubica is on dirty side, Button some times doesn't start well.

From twitter: F1Gossip Schumi "Sorry I blocked you" Barrichello "You're a massive German wanker" -that conversation in full @grandprixdiary :rotfl:

#7106 britishtrident

britishtrident

• 1,954 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 12:07

Schumacher drove past at least two flashing blue lights & his excuse was the team did not tell him.....can he not use his mirrors ?

It was poor driving simple as that how can you say he planned not to be there ?

:down:

It must be an unusual form of blue colour blindness as we know he had no problem seeing Green Flags/Lights at Monaco.

#7107 Lifew12

Lifew12

• 4,551 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 12:08

It must be an unusual form of blue colour blindness as we know he had no problem seeing Green Flags/Lights at Monaco.

He has a problem with black, too.

#7108 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 12:32

He has a problem with black, too.

maybe hes just used to seeing red when it comes to rubens :rotfl:

disapointing showing from MSC today though imo hopefully in the race he can show a bit more pace, i think i heard he comrpimised his Q to go for a race setup, it would be nice if he had a decent pit stratergy for once

#7109 Tsarwash

Tsarwash

• 4,387 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 12:41

I can't see how anyone could say that Michael was great today. He qualified ninth, over four tenths behind his teammate and made a stupid mistake that could possibly have unfairly kept a driver out of the top ten shootout, and could easily have resulted in him being dropped five grid positions. If this is one of his good days then we need to ask questions.

That was a awful block. I can give him the benefit of the doubt and say that it probably wasn't deliberate, but in a way that kind of makes it worse. A driver of his experience should NOT make that kind of mistake. If Ruebens had not made it through to Q3, I am certain that Michael would have received a 5 grid drop. I think there is a long line of drivers who could have put a Mercedes into 14th position yesterday.

#7110 topical

topical

• 2,633 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 12:43

MS has said he got 'the maximum' from the car. So does that mean he is now officially several tenths slower than Rosberg and even himself doesn't expect that to change?

#7111 dav115

dav115

• 722 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 12:52

MS has said he got 'the maximum' from the car. So does that mean he is now officially several tenths slower than Rosberg and even himself doesn't expect that to change?

Either that, or he's running a totally different setup than Nico.

#7112 Lifew12

Lifew12

• 4,551 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 12:54

Either that, or he's running a totally different setup than Nico.

Possibly, but why? Nico has a handle on the car better than Michael - after sixteen races or whatever you thinki he'd realise that.

#7113 Jomyboy

Jomyboy

• 179 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 13:52

Schumacher himself has said that the cars are not neccessarily the same. I think Schumacher dont want to waste with this years car. He is already working for getting things right next year.

#7114 Seanspeed

Seanspeed

• 15,879 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 13:58

Schumacher himself has said that the cars are not neccessarily the same. I think Schumacher dont want to waste with this years car. He is already working for getting things right next year.

Lousy excuse. He just sucks this year, guys. He did NOT get the maximum from the machinery as Rosberg showed. He got the maximum from his ability.

#7115 Disgrace

Disgrace
  • RC Forum Host

• 12,148 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 14:00

He did NOT get the maximum from the machinery as Rosberg showed. He got the maximum from his ability.

This has been the case all year. Why are we debating this? Schumachers performance was better than usual, the usual being he drops out in Q2.

#7116 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 14:18

Will be long interesting race tomorrow. Maybe we will see two stops strategy. Michael today lost today from Nico(because this is for you the biggest problem of the day) in one single fast lap in Q3. And they both improved their times from Q2. We know qualy is biggest weakness of him. But he work on it, he improve , he get in Q3. In first sector he lost 0,181 and was behind Webber there in S1 results. In S2 he lost 0,141. In S3 they were equal. So were is the big problem? As we see in this Qualy there is bigger difference between team mates. You were not happy when he didn't get in Q3, now you are not happy again. Can you just lower your expectations and stop be hypocrites. 9th here is better than 8th. It was easy to see from the track that he will have some problems with slow corners, it was even said before they get there. But, he did well, solid Qualy.
http://www.fia.com/e...ing-sectors.pdf

#7117 Fortymark

Fortymark

• 5,809 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 14:19

I dunno if I can post this though but:
Todt doesn´t think MS is so relaxed:
http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/87680

#7118 Seanspeed

Seanspeed

• 15,879 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 14:23

But, he did well, solid Qualy.

4 tenths down on your good(but not great) teammate isn't 'solid' at all. I'd say it'd be quite disappointing for most F1 drivers to acheive that, let alone a 7-time World Champion.

#7119 DarthRonzo

DarthRonzo

• 804 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 14:39

And Rubens is on the BBC making it personal as always... despite claiming he doesn't want to. Bringing up Hungary and *other* moments in history. There's absolutely no need for that, Schumacher did block Rubens but there is no way he planned to be there to block him so making it so personal and dragging up events in history is just classic cry baby Barrichello.

That's not true.
When RB was summoned, the marshals told him there were FOUR complains against Schumy.

And at that moment, Rubens wasn't secure in Q3, bcs Hulk was comming on a hot lap that would put him into Q3 - and bump rubens out - but he lost the back of his car [as broadcasted] and gave up.

Edited by DarthRonzo, 23 October 2010 - 14:44.

Advertisement

#7120 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 15:41

4 tenths down on your good(but not great) teammate isn't 'solid' at all. I'd say it'd be quite disappointing for most F1 drivers to acheive that, let alone a 7-time World Champion.

Good(but not great) is your opinion only.

#7121 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 15:44

That's not true.
When RB was summoned, the marshals told him there were FOUR complains against Schumy.

And at that moment, Rubens wasn't secure in Q3, bcs Hulk was comming on a hot lap that would put him into Q3 - and bump rubens out - but he lost the back of his car [as broadcasted] and gave up.

Source for Four complains? If you know so much can you tell me for which lap we talk about. You can tell from this data:
http://www.fia.com/e...fying-times.pdf
After we know the lap then we can discuss. I don't see anything wrong with Rubens laps?

Edited by ivand911, 23 October 2010 - 15:45.

#7122 Seanspeed

Seanspeed

• 15,879 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 15:44

Good(but not great) is your opinion only.

I guess as a Schumi fan, you'd want to rate Rosberg as high as you can cuz it makes Schumi look less worse, but I think most people realize Rosberg isn't that good.

#7123 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 15:48

I guess as a Schumi fan, you'd want to rate Rosberg as high as you can cuz it makes Schumi look less worse, but I think most people realize Rosberg isn't that good.

And some people say that I hate Nico and I want to diminish his results. Go figure. :) And I didn't really believe that Alan Jones will punish Michael for blocking. He is Australian after all. They are strong men.

Edited by ivand911, 23 October 2010 - 16:36.

#7124 Szoelloe

Szoelloe

• 5,958 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 16:00

no most people don't. But ur always proven wrong aren't u?

#7125 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 3,420 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 16:48

There was a similar gap in Suzuka and Schumacher had the better car all weekend.

Who knows, but its nice to see all the snakes crawl out of the woodwork again. I've missed them the last 2 weeks.

#7126 Tsarwash

Tsarwash

• 4,387 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 17:04

And some people say that I hate Nico and I want to diminish his results. Go figure. :) And I didn't really believe that Alan Jones will punish Michael for blocking. He is Australian after all. They are strong men.

What do you mean by that, It was a clear case of blocking someone on a hot lap ? A strong person would recognise the infringement and punish it. Are you saying that MSC didn't ruin Ruebens' lap ? If Ruebens didn't make it to Q3 and MSC wasn't punished, there would have been an outcry.

#7127 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 17:35

1 14:03:32
2 1:45.456
3 1:43.462
4 1:39.207
5 P 1:52.367
6 4:06.861
7 1:41.805
8 1:45.446
9 1:38.257
10 P 1:50.929
11 8:10.929
12 1:42.103
13 1:37.568
14 P 1:54.718
15 4:52.087
16 1:48.641
17 1:37.511
18 P 1:56.041
19 6:46.353
20 1:38.148
21 P 1:50.720
22 2:20.809
23 1:46.969
24 1:36.998
25 P 2:03.413
Which lap you have in mind? I see Rubens laps from Q2 from 11th to 18th. 11th is with the time in the pit, 12th is slow lap, 13th is fast lap, 14th going into the pit, 15 plus pit time, 16th slow lap, 17 is fast lap, 18th going into the pit. Everything seems normal? All drivers did slow laps to heat the tyres. Slow lap is not lap for setting time usually, I guess Michael block him in 16th lap. That was not fast lap. Rubens both fastest lap were good for Q3?

Edited by ivand911, 23 October 2010 - 17:35.

#7128 ZZMS

ZZMS

• 1,645 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 17:57

What do you mean by that, It was a clear case of blocking someone on a hot lap ? A strong person would recognise the infringement and punish it. Are you saying that MSC didn't ruin Ruebens' lap ? If Ruebens didn't make it to Q3 and MSC wasn't punished, there would have been an outcry.

with Rubens there's always outcry.

Ivan, I suppose Rubens complained at least twice before qualifying, just in case.

#7129 7timesbetterthantherest

7timesbetterthantherest

• 192 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 18:08

I don't believe qualifying sessions represents Schumacher's true SPEED ... YES it's again super dissapointing seeing Michael not being able to put that Merc car more up front on saturdays .... I don't have any explanations to this :confused:

But in Japan , Schumacher was alot faster than Rosberg during the race , while slower in the quals ...

Hopefully, Schumacher will be good and FAST in the Korean race ....

C'MON MICHAEL ! Get on with it :up:

How can he be so BEHIND in quals ??

#7130 DarthRonzo

DarthRonzo

• 804 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 18:12

Outcry ?

Schumacher, the father of all excuses: :rolleyes:

> The front tires doesn't suit me.
> Mercedes is a small team.
> My teammate car is better.
> Finally a track that is new to everybody.
> We know what is wrong w/ the car and we are working on it to solve our problems, so... next year is mine.

#7131 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 3,511 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 18:57

Outcry ?

Schumacher, the father of all excuses: :rolleyes:

> The front tires doesn't suit me.
> Mercedes is a small team.
> My teammate car is better.
> Finally a track that is new to everybody.
> We know what is wrong w/ the car and we are working on it to solve our problems, so... next year is mine.

since when has he moaned on about the team beeing to small

#7132 fetel

fetel

• 26 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 19:05

"However Mercedes disputed that and team principal Ross Brawn suggested the Williams veteran had exaggerated the incident to try and gain an advantage.
"I think the stewards took the correct view that Rubens wasn't on a fast lap," he told reporters after hearing that Schumacher had kept his ninth place grid position for Sunday's race, with Barrichello 10th.

"I think it's disappointing if a driver claims he's on his best lap of the session when clearly it wasn't true.

"I think we need to get a balance on what goes on in qualifying because if the drivers try to gain positions by getting their competitors penalised, it's not correct," added the Briton."

http://eurosport.yah...d-stewards.html

#7133 rog

rog

• 909 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 19:06

But in Japan , Schumacher was alot faster than Rosberg during the race , while slower in the quals ...

Due to fresh tyres. Not really a surprise to drive faster with better tyres.

#7134 7timesbetterthantherest

7timesbetterthantherest

• 192 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 19:07

since when has he moaned on about the team beeing to small

In any case - me being a DIE-HARD Michael fan , his explanations( excuses for some) are only going to hurt him even more in 2011 if he can't bring himself up to speed .... I'm not saying he's lying or anything , BUT if he honestly believes that he is not capable of racing at a HIGH level in F1 he should just be honest about it ... It could only backfire next season in the worst possible way ...

What will he say NEXT YEAR if Rosberg is still quicker than him ? Tires, 3 years off etc won't be valid anymore ....

Prost was a bit right ... Michael should have said he was coming back to help Ross Brawn instead of proclaiming he wanted to win an 8th drivers title ... :well: Better being on the safe-side with a low expectations attitude than a reach for the glory attitude, especially being out of the sport for 3 years !

It's entirely possible Schumacher is being truthful about the tires , but I believe also his friends like Jean Todt when they say that ALL IS NOT WELL with Michael Schumacher's relax attitude .... It's only a matter of time that his ''reasons'' for not being competetive will run out ....

But I hope Michael will be strong next year and win races, and better yet achieve his mission to get an 8th drivers title !! :up:

AGE is a b*tch .... :(

Edited by 7timesbetterthantherest, 23 October 2010 - 19:21.

#7135 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 19:19

Due to fresh tyres. Not really a surprise to drive faster with better tyres.

he was faster for almost every lap...

#7136 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 3,511 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 19:20

In any case - me being a DIE-HARD Michael fan , his explanations( excuses for some) are only going to hurt him even more in 2011 if he can't bring himself up to speed .... I'm not saying he's lying or anything , BUT if he honestly believes that he is not capable of racing at a HIGH level in F1 he should just be honest about it ... It could only backfire next season in the worst possible way ...

What will he say NEXT YEAR if Rosberg is still quicker than him ? Tires, 3 years off etc won't be valid anymore ....

Prost was a bit right ... Michael should have said he was coming back to help Ross Brawn instead of proclaiming he wanted to win an 8th drivers title ... :well: Better being on the safe-side with a low expectations attitude than a reach for the glory attitude, especially being out of the sport for 3 years !

Maybe Schumacher is being truthful about the tires , but I believe also his friends like Jean Todt when they say that ALL IS NOT WELL with Michael Schumacher's relax attitude .... It's only a matter of time that his ''reasons'' for not being competetive will run out ....

But I hope Michael will be strong next year and win races !! :up:

AGE is a b*tch .... :(

I am a die hard Micheal fan as well i have have almost all his minichamp collections as well as caps and have followed him since 96 and used to be in the british fan club and i to am hoping that Schumacher is being truthful about the tyres. Part of me thinks he is on the evidence of Japan. I am sure he believes 100% he can be good next year cause i doubt he would hang around if not and be hassled and judged at every race by arm chair experts and critics just to come 12th is not his style.

#7137 7timesbetterthantherest

7timesbetterthantherest

• 192 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 19:32

I am a die hard Micheal fan as well i have have almost all his minichamp collections as well as caps and have followed him since 96 and used to be in the british fan club and i to am hoping that Schumacher is being truthful about the tyres. Part of me thinks he is on the evidence of Japan. I am sure he believes 100% he can be good next year cause i doubt he would hang around if not and be hassled and judged at every race by arm chair experts and critics just to come 12th is not his style.

there are a couple around here, lurking in the Schumacher threads don't you think ? They must have gone absolutely mad from 94 to 2006 ! and I bet some of them wanted to jump off the nearest bridge between 2000 to 2004 !

Gawd, those were the days :up: But I guess now is there best time to come out of the woodwork and tells us how ''crap'' he was all those years .... they could'nt of do it while Schumacher was demolishing the F1 record books in his PRIME, they had no explanations. So now they jump on the oppertunity to attack a 41 year old living-legend out of the sport for 36+ months ...Hey , whatever makes them sleep better at night :lol:

I hope MS proves them wrong ( for the 92nd time and up + ) in 2011 - Go Michael :up:

Edited by 7timesbetterthantherest, 23 October 2010 - 19:56.

#7138 Muz Bee

Muz Bee

• 2,531 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 20:34

there are a couple around here, lurking in the Schumacher threads don't you think ? They must have gone absolutely mad from 94 to 2006 ! and I bet some of them wanted to jump off the nearest bridge between 2000 to 2004 !

Gawd, those were the days :up: But I guess now is there best time to come out of the woodwork and tells us how ''crap'' he was all those years .... they could'nt of do it while Schumacher was demolishing the F1 record books in his PRIME, they had no explanations. So now they jump on the oppertunity to attack a 41 year old living-legend out of the sport for 36+ months ...Hey , whatever makes them sleep better at night :lol:

I hope MS proves them wrong ( for the 92nd time and up + ) in 2011 - Go Michael :up:

Yes there probably are a few who would be in that category but for most people who are saying Michael's return has been disappointing it's just facing the facts. He is getting thrashed by his teammate in qualifying and in results. Now it may be that a new car will suit him better in 2011 but that scenario has to factor in Nico. Nico is the yardstick by which Michael is judged, it's the only thing we have to judge him. As I said several times last year Nico's ability is hard to rate as apart from his rookie year he hasn't had a rateable teammate. We still don't know how good Nico is but it's no surprise that his stocks have risen in 2010 by the job he has done in an obviously poor car. However even if Nico is performing better than Lewis and Fernando it doesn't greatly affect the way we have to look at Michael. Somehow Michael's Suzuka drive has given some here the idea that Michael now has the upper hand, that's very flimsy thinking and Korea has already demolished that. 0.4 seconds is a huge amount in F1 between teammates when it occurs week in week out.

#7139 rog

rog

• 909 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 21:01

he was faster for almost every lap...

Because his tyres were better and he had clean air.

Advertisement

#7140 iakhtar

iakhtar

• 191 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 22:05

Aint those just excuses? :)

#7141 marchi-91

marchi-91

• 440 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 22:07

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: are you an idiot???

He was stuck up Rosbergs diffuser for 30+ laps before Rosbergs car shat itself.

#7142 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 22:29

rosberg never had clean air the whole race?

#7143 DarthRonzo

DarthRonzo

• 804 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 23:51

Todt: Schumacher not so relaxed

"He [MS] is protecting himself, which I can understand, but he is a very human, very fragile person, and he's not at all this strong kind of a robot as he was portrayed very often in his career."

Posted Image

#7144 Callisto

Callisto

• 2,794 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 00:58

[quote name='DarthRonzo' date='Oct 24 2010, 00:51' post='4661118']

"He [MS] is protecting himself, which I can understand, but he is a very human, very fragile person, and he's not at all this strong kind of a robot as he was portrayed very often in his career."

Posted Image
schumi looks like arnie in that pic
"ill be back"...maybe...lol

Edited by Callisto, 24 October 2010 - 01:01.

#7145 Jazza

Jazza

• 1,054 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 01:04

Posted Image

Todt must be an antishumi. We all know MS is strong, and rosberg is the weak fragile one :rolleyes:

In all seriousness, MS is showing this year that 90% of the game really is confidence. He isn't the first driver to get shaken by a teammate and loose the edge. I'm sure drivers like GF and RB could have had more success if it wasn't for their team mates getting the upper hand on them early in the partnership. Those drivers smashed their team mates for years until they themselves got beaten and they never looked the same again. It must be a massive mindtwist to feel invincible for years until you have to face someones faster.

#7146 Jazza

Jazza

• 1,054 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 01:06

schumi looks like arnie in that pic
"ill be back"...maybe...lol

Haha I thought the same thing. After the article talks about him not being a robot, there is a picture of him looking like the terminator.

#7147 Callisto

Callisto

• 2,794 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 01:11

Haha I thought the same thing. After the article talks about him not being a robot, there is a picture of him looking like the terminator.

:p :up:

I was laughing as i was posting

#7148 7timesbetterthantherest

7timesbetterthantherest

• 192 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 01:38

Todt must be an antishumi. We all know MS is strong, and rosberg is the weak fragile one :rolleyes:

In all seriousness, MS is showing this year that 90% of the game really is confidence. He isn't the first driver to get shaken by a teammate and loose the edge. I'm sure drivers like GF and RB could have had more success if it wasn't for their team mates getting the upper hand on them early in the partnership. Those drivers smashed their team mates for years until they themselves got beaten and they never looked the same again. It must be a massive mindtwist to feel invincible for years until you have to face someones faster.

who Schumacher ? .... He felt ? he WAS invincible ..lol

You must mean Alonso , sorry .. Yep after him winning the titles in 05-06 , back to back , he must of felt invicible until he faced someone faster than him , Hamilton :wave:

Edited by 7timesbetterthantherest, 24 October 2010 - 01:56.

#7149 MikeTekRacing

MikeTekRacing

• 5,820 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 02:24

Todt must be an antishumi.

"What is certain is that he is a seven-time world champion with 91 wins, and nobody will take that away," Todt said.

#7150 Jazza

Jazza

• 1,054 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 02:30

"What is certain is that he is a seven-time world champion with 91 wins, and nobody will take that away," Todt said.

Point was if others said what todt did they would be blasted as a hater.

It should be obvious that I was not seriously calling todt an anitshumi :rolleyes: .