Photo

Michael Schumacher (merged)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20789 replies to this topic

#7101 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 3,024 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 07:36

Are you kidding? Rubens was on a fast lap, Schu on out or in lap.

But he was already in Q3. His time was secure....

Advertisement

#7102 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 07:36

Barrichello critical of Schumacher again
http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/87658
Good morning to you too Aditya. :wave:

#7103 carbonfibre

carbonfibre

• 6,289 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 07:38

O drama queen barrichella has arrived again. Michael already did apologize to him so come on. Barrichello always seems to think Michael does it on purpose to him.

#7104 MCh000

MCh000

• 181 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 07:41

I'd like someone to remind me how did the moment finished when Alonso blocked Michael in first or second race? As far as I remember he has approached Alonso to find wether the team didn't tell him if Michael is behind and when he knew that team didn't tell it was kinda ok? No soap operas happened back then?

#7105 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,029 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 07:41

Barrichello critical of Schumacher again
http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/87658
Good morning to you too Aditya. :wave:

Good morning to you, Ivan.

I am in transit from Hamburg to Amsterdam and just here in Hannover in a Lounge with a wireless connection. So my comments will be scarce this weekend, I am teaching four seminars in Amsterdam and Den Haag and will catch up with the GP only on Monday or Tuesday.... :cry:

So it´s nice to at least say hello to some good friends like you, Ivan. I´ll be in Sofia from November 6th and 7th, in Plovdiv on Nov.7th and Varna Nov.8th and 9th. Pity we won´t meet there, Ivan.

Regards to Schumi: let´s hope for the race, as always. At least Michael has shown this year that in the races he sometimes can still be reckoned with, so there is hope. :wave:

#7106 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 07:45

Schumacher said he was pleased with his performance and confident of a stronger race.

"I had a busy qualifying getting everything together with some changes we made but I'm quite happy with my position," he said. "There was no room for much more today. The team did a great job getting both cars into Q3 and we will be starting from the better side of the track in my opinion.

"I'm quite optimistic for tomorrow and we should score some points, especially as our set-up is focused on the race. We had a good race pace in practice yesterday and I'm looking forward to the first Korean Grand Prix."
http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/87659
Difference in results can be very easily explain with Michael setup more for the race than Nico's(Not that there is any need for explanation). Will see. And it is not like the team will die from joy if he take points from Nico.

Edited by ivand911, 23 October 2010 - 07:47.

#7107 exmayol

exmayol

• 554 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 07:45

I knew it - sure enough Schumacher would come up with something stupid and unfair as well as with another mediocre showing - 4 tenths off the pace, the gap is increasing!
Let´s hope Schumi stays in the sport for 2011 and 2012, he is at least a mainstay in his special fields....

:smoking:

Another mediocre post, the hate is increasing! According to your logic shall we hope Button and Massa will be in the sport for 2011 / 2012? They surely are more off the pace comparing to their teammates..

#7108 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,029 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 07:50

Another mediocre post, the hate is increasing! According to your logic shall we hope Button and Massa will be in the sport for 2011 / 2012? They surely are more off the pace comparing to their teammates..

I don´t want to judge your posts, yet let me say that there is no hate on my part. Just a realistic assessment of what Schumi is doing. You can´t hide the facts.

Yeah, Button (7 tenths off Hamilton) and Massa (8 tenths off Alonso) are surely in trouble as well, but then, I never considered the Mercedes #1 driver Rosberg to be in the same league as Hamilton and Alonso. So the 4 tenths Michael lost on Nico are still worlds....

#7109 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 07:54

The problem is we don't know facts, we know only results. Michael getting in Q3 for some races now is the important result. Taking points in the race is important result too. This is what team want from him now.

Edited by ivand911, 23 October 2010 - 07:57.

#7110 Muz Bee

Muz Bee

• 2,531 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 09:11

This whole 'I don't want to make it personal' thing is rubbish. Schumacher and Ferrari did a total demolition job on this guy mentally and he'll be haunted for the rest of his life by it. Classic whingy Rubens. Well done mate, you did yourself no favours today :up:

Classic Schumie fan sentiment - like George W Bush "you're either with us or you're against us". Still living in another era, down south, chickin lickin', hate strangers, suspicious of everyone.

I actually like Michael a whole lot more than most of you blinkered dudes, you actually turn me off the man's great achievements if anything.

If Michael did the block he should do the penalty like every other guy, no favours, no recriminations.

#7111 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 09:28

Good news:Schumacher reprimanded for impeding
http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/87672

#7112 fatfreddie

fatfreddie

• 52 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 09:42

Oh come on, Schumi apologised. Really, can´t Barrichello get over the fact that he was once MS´s bitch? Does he have to make a point of complaining every time he meets Michael on track.
Grow a pair Rubens. :down:

#7113 smitten

smitten

• 1,441 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 09:46

Does he have to make a point of complaining every time he meets Michael on track.

If I was impeded by someone who should know better, I'd complain too.

#7114 Lifew12

Lifew12

• 4,551 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 09:47

Michael was great today, wasn't he? I can't wait for next years Mercedes, it will be interesting to see how much quicker than him Nico is in a better car.

#7115 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 09:53

Michael was great today, wasn't he? I can't wait for next years Mercedes, it will be interesting to see how much quicker than him Nico is in a better car.

If this is what interest you most. For me it is important for which places they can fight with this car. If it is for 5th-6th-7th-8th it is not much important that Nico is faster than him?

#7116 SpeedyS

SpeedyS

• 236 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 10:02

I bet you $.05 that Nico will probably outqualify Schu by .2 :cat: The two of them have been pretty close, though I expect a strong showing by both of them on Sat and Sun.

I owe you....... Maybe double up next time. Better to live with hope than none at all

#7117 Lifew12

Lifew12

• 4,551 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 10:24

If this is what interest you most. For me it is important for which places they can fight with this car. If it is for 5th-6th-7th-8th it is not much important that Nico is faster than him?

What interests me most, Ivan, is the consistent manner in which Rosberg is quicker than Michael.

The thing is, it is important that Nico is faster than him, and I am willing to bet heavily tht it is more important to Michael than it is to you and I! Do you really think he came back to play second fiddle to a driver who, up to now, has been regarded as pretty good but that's about it? If he did, what was the point and, more to the point, what good is that to Mercedes? I know you're a major fan - and that there are others on here who are - but I can't help thinking the time has long gone where anybody could reasonably say 'well, he needs four races/half a season/a season/ he'll be much better with next years car' because, quite simply, if next years car is better than it's going to be better for both of them.

I was pleased to see him come back - he's a great champion, after all, one with a list of achievments that will take a few years to beat - and the interest his return with mercedes produced was exciting and great for the sport, but the season's almost over and he's still not matching his team mate; doesn't that - in all honesty, blinkers aside - say something to you? I wish him well, but can't see any reason why Mercedes will continue to pay him millions to perform like this.

#7118 man

man

• 1,301 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 10:25

Rubens whining like a woman per usual...

By the same token M Schumacher driving liking a woman per usual. ;-)

#7119 Konsta

Konsta

• 1,747 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 10:31

Schumacher said he was pleased with his performance and confident of a stronger race.

"I had a busy qualifying getting everything together with some changes we made but I'm quite happy with my position," he said. "There was no room for much more today. The team did a great job getting both cars into Q3 and we will be starting from the better side of the track in my opinion.

"I'm quite optimistic for tomorrow and we should score some points, especially as our set-up is focused on the race. We had a good race pace in practice yesterday and I'm looking forward to the first Korean Grand Prix."
http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/87659
Difference in results can be very easily explain with Michael setup more for the race than Nico's(Not that there is any need for explanation). Will see. And it is not like the team will die from joy if he take points from Nico.

Lovely how you can throw in a jab in every post. It is not like the team was out there to sabotage Michael´s car or race. You most definitely are not doing any favors for MS´s fandom. In fact the majority of your posts remind me of Dan2k´s :)

Fly with the wings of destiny and flames of Senna´s breath :wave:

Advertisement

#7120 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 3,024 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 10:38

Classic Schumie fan sentiment - like George W Bush "you're either with us or you're against us". Still living in another era, down south, chickin lickin', hate strangers, suspicious of everyone.

I actually like Michael a whole lot more than most of you blinkered dudes, you actually turn me off the man's great achievements if anything.

If Michael did the block he should do the penalty like every other guy, no favours, no recriminations.

No, not classic Schumi-fan sentiments. Rather an observation of the typical behaviour Rubens exhibits towards Schumacher; has a whinge in front of million on TV even though Schumacher just made a personal apology to him.

As I said before, Schumacher and his Ferrari tenure mentally demolished the guy.

#7121 Augurk

Augurk

• 1,932 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 10:42

Ah, we're back to 2010 :)

Let's hope that after the race this thread is all about 1994 again! And I expect it to :smoking:

#7122 as65p

as65p

• 17,276 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 10:51

:D :up:

#7123 Frans

Frans

• 7,701 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 10:52

Great performance this qualifying indeed .... :up:

Let's see if he can keep that position during the race, or if he will drop 2 or 3 places during the race ... :smoking:

#7124 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 11:04

Great performance this qualifying indeed .... :up:

Let's see if he can keep that position during the race, or if he will drop 2 or 3 places during the race ... :smoking:

My prognosis is that he will gain two positions on the start. Kubica is on dirty side, Button some times doesn't start well.

From twitter: F1Gossip Schumi "Sorry I blocked you" Barrichello "You're a massive German wanker" -that conversation in full @grandprixdiary :rotfl:

#7125 britishtrident

britishtrident

• 1,954 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 12:07

Schumacher drove past at least two flashing blue lights & his excuse was the team did not tell him.....can he not use his mirrors ?

It was poor driving simple as that how can you say he planned not to be there ?

:down:

It must be an unusual form of blue colour blindness as we know he had no problem seeing Green Flags/Lights at Monaco.

#7126 Lifew12

Lifew12

• 4,551 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 12:08

It must be an unusual form of blue colour blindness as we know he had no problem seeing Green Flags/Lights at Monaco.

He has a problem with black, too.

#7127 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 12:32

He has a problem with black, too.

maybe hes just used to seeing red when it comes to rubens :rotfl:

disapointing showing from MSC today though imo hopefully in the race he can show a bit more pace, i think i heard he comrpimised his Q to go for a race setup, it would be nice if he had a decent pit stratergy for once

#7128 Tsarwash

Tsarwash

• 3,490 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 12:41

I can't see how anyone could say that Michael was great today. He qualified ninth, over four tenths behind his teammate and made a stupid mistake that could possibly have unfairly kept a driver out of the top ten shootout, and could easily have resulted in him being dropped five grid positions. If this is one of his good days then we need to ask questions.

That was a awful block. I can give him the benefit of the doubt and say that it probably wasn't deliberate, but in a way that kind of makes it worse. A driver of his experience should NOT make that kind of mistake. If Ruebens had not made it through to Q3, I am certain that Michael would have received a 5 grid drop. I think there is a long line of drivers who could have put a Mercedes into 14th position yesterday.

#7129 topical

topical

• 2,094 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 12:43

MS has said he got 'the maximum' from the car. So does that mean he is now officially several tenths slower than Rosberg and even himself doesn't expect that to change?

#7130 dav115

dav115

• 716 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 12:52

MS has said he got 'the maximum' from the car. So does that mean he is now officially several tenths slower than Rosberg and even himself doesn't expect that to change?

Either that, or he's running a totally different setup than Nico.

#7131 Lifew12

Lifew12

• 4,551 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 12:54

Either that, or he's running a totally different setup than Nico.

Possibly, but why? Nico has a handle on the car better than Michael - after sixteen races or whatever you thinki he'd realise that.

#7132 Jomyboy

Jomyboy

• 179 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 13:52

Schumacher himself has said that the cars are not neccessarily the same. I think Schumacher dont want to waste with this years car. He is already working for getting things right next year.

#7133 Seanspeed

Seanspeed

• 14,461 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 13:58

Schumacher himself has said that the cars are not neccessarily the same. I think Schumacher dont want to waste with this years car. He is already working for getting things right next year.

Lousy excuse. He just sucks this year, guys. He did NOT get the maximum from the machinery as Rosberg showed. He got the maximum from his ability.

#7134 Disgrace

Disgrace
  • RC Forum Host

• 9,873 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 14:00

He did NOT get the maximum from the machinery as Rosberg showed. He got the maximum from his ability.

This has been the case all year. Why are we debating this? Schumachers performance was better than usual, the usual being he drops out in Q2.

#7135 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 14:18

Will be long interesting race tomorrow. Maybe we will see two stops strategy. Michael today lost today from Nico(because this is for you the biggest problem of the day) in one single fast lap in Q3. And they both improved their times from Q2. We know qualy is biggest weakness of him. But he work on it, he improve , he get in Q3. In first sector he lost 0,181 and was behind Webber there in S1 results. In S2 he lost 0,141. In S3 they were equal. So were is the big problem? As we see in this Qualy there is bigger difference between team mates. You were not happy when he didn't get in Q3, now you are not happy again. Can you just lower your expectations and stop be hypocrites. 9th here is better than 8th. It was easy to see from the track that he will have some problems with slow corners, it was even said before they get there. But, he did well, solid Qualy.
http://www.fia.com/e...ing-sectors.pdf

#7136 Fortymark

Fortymark

• 5,795 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 14:19

I dunno if I can post this though but:
Todt doesn´t think MS is so relaxed:
http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/87680

#7137 Seanspeed

Seanspeed

• 14,461 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 14:23

But, he did well, solid Qualy.

4 tenths down on your good(but not great) teammate isn't 'solid' at all. I'd say it'd be quite disappointing for most F1 drivers to acheive that, let alone a 7-time World Champion.

#7138 DarthRonzo

DarthRonzo

• 804 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 14:39

And Rubens is on the BBC making it personal as always... despite claiming he doesn't want to. Bringing up Hungary and *other* moments in history. There's absolutely no need for that, Schumacher did block Rubens but there is no way he planned to be there to block him so making it so personal and dragging up events in history is just classic cry baby Barrichello.

That's not true.
When RB was summoned, the marshals told him there were FOUR complains against Schumy.

And at that moment, Rubens wasn't secure in Q3, bcs Hulk was comming on a hot lap that would put him into Q3 - and bump rubens out - but he lost the back of his car [as broadcasted] and gave up.

Edited by DarthRonzo, 23 October 2010 - 14:44.

#7139 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 15:41

4 tenths down on your good(but not great) teammate isn't 'solid' at all. I'd say it'd be quite disappointing for most F1 drivers to acheive that, let alone a 7-time World Champion.

Good(but not great) is your opinion only.

Advertisement

#7140 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 15:44

That's not true.
When RB was summoned, the marshals told him there were FOUR complains against Schumy.

And at that moment, Rubens wasn't secure in Q3, bcs Hulk was comming on a hot lap that would put him into Q3 - and bump rubens out - but he lost the back of his car [as broadcasted] and gave up.

Source for Four complains? If you know so much can you tell me for which lap we talk about. You can tell from this data:
http://www.fia.com/e...fying-times.pdf
After we know the lap then we can discuss. I don't see anything wrong with Rubens laps?

Edited by ivand911, 23 October 2010 - 15:45.

#7141 Seanspeed

Seanspeed

• 14,461 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 15:44

Good(but not great) is your opinion only.

I guess as a Schumi fan, you'd want to rate Rosberg as high as you can cuz it makes Schumi look less worse, but I think most people realize Rosberg isn't that good.

#7142 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 15:48

I guess as a Schumi fan, you'd want to rate Rosberg as high as you can cuz it makes Schumi look less worse, but I think most people realize Rosberg isn't that good.

And some people say that I hate Nico and I want to diminish his results. Go figure. :) And I didn't really believe that Alan Jones will punish Michael for blocking. He is Australian after all. They are strong men.

Edited by ivand911, 23 October 2010 - 16:36.

#7143 Szoelloe

Szoelloe

• 5,677 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 16:00

no most people don't. But ur always proven wrong aren't u?

#7144 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 3,024 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 16:48

There was a similar gap in Suzuka and Schumacher had the better car all weekend.

Who knows, but its nice to see all the snakes crawl out of the woodwork again. I've missed them the last 2 weeks.

#7145 Tsarwash

Tsarwash

• 3,490 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 17:04

And some people say that I hate Nico and I want to diminish his results. Go figure. :) And I didn't really believe that Alan Jones will punish Michael for blocking. He is Australian after all. They are strong men.

What do you mean by that, It was a clear case of blocking someone on a hot lap ? A strong person would recognise the infringement and punish it. Are you saying that MSC didn't ruin Ruebens' lap ? If Ruebens didn't make it to Q3 and MSC wasn't punished, there would have been an outcry.

#7146 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 17:35

1 14:03:32
2 1:45.456
3 1:43.462
4 1:39.207
5 P 1:52.367
6 4:06.861
7 1:41.805
8 1:45.446
9 1:38.257
10 P 1:50.929
11 8:10.929
12 1:42.103
13 1:37.568
14 P 1:54.718
15 4:52.087
16 1:48.641
17 1:37.511
18 P 1:56.041
19 6:46.353
20 1:38.148
21 P 1:50.720
22 2:20.809
23 1:46.969
24 1:36.998
25 P 2:03.413
Which lap you have in mind? I see Rubens laps from Q2 from 11th to 18th. 11th is with the time in the pit, 12th is slow lap, 13th is fast lap, 14th going into the pit, 15 plus pit time, 16th slow lap, 17 is fast lap, 18th going into the pit. Everything seems normal? All drivers did slow laps to heat the tyres. Slow lap is not lap for setting time usually, I guess Michael block him in 16th lap. That was not fast lap. Rubens both fastest lap were good for Q3?

Edited by ivand911, 23 October 2010 - 17:35.

#7147 ZZMS

ZZMS

• 1,645 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 17:57

What do you mean by that, It was a clear case of blocking someone on a hot lap ? A strong person would recognise the infringement and punish it. Are you saying that MSC didn't ruin Ruebens' lap ? If Ruebens didn't make it to Q3 and MSC wasn't punished, there would have been an outcry.

with Rubens there's always outcry.

Ivan, I suppose Rubens complained at least twice before qualifying, just in case.

#7148 7timesbetterthantherest

7timesbetterthantherest

• 192 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 18:08

I don't believe qualifying sessions represents Schumacher's true SPEED ... YES it's again super dissapointing seeing Michael not being able to put that Merc car more up front on saturdays .... I don't have any explanations to this :confused:

But in Japan , Schumacher was alot faster than Rosberg during the race , while slower in the quals ...

Hopefully, Schumacher will be good and FAST in the Korean race ....

C'MON MICHAEL ! Get on with it :up:

How can he be so BEHIND in quals ??

#7149 DarthRonzo

DarthRonzo

• 804 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 18:12

Outcry ?

Schumacher, the father of all excuses: :rolleyes:

> The front tires doesn't suit me.
> Mercedes is a small team.
> My teammate car is better.
> Finally a track that is new to everybody.
> We know what is wrong w/ the car and we are working on it to solve our problems, so... next year is mine.

#7150 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 3,328 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 18:57

Outcry ?

Schumacher, the father of all excuses: :rolleyes:

> The front tires doesn't suit me.
> Mercedes is a small team.
> My teammate car is better.
> Finally a track that is new to everybody.
> We know what is wrong w/ the car and we are working on it to solve our problems, so... next year is mine.

since when has he moaned on about the team beeing to small