Photo

Michael Schumacher (merged)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20789 replies to this topic

#7151 fetel

fetel

• 26 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 19:05

"However Mercedes disputed that and team principal Ross Brawn suggested the Williams veteran had exaggerated the incident to try and gain an advantage.
"I think the stewards took the correct view that Rubens wasn't on a fast lap," he told reporters after hearing that Schumacher had kept his ninth place grid position for Sunday's race, with Barrichello 10th.

"I think it's disappointing if a driver claims he's on his best lap of the session when clearly it wasn't true.

"I think we need to get a balance on what goes on in qualifying because if the drivers try to gain positions by getting their competitors penalised, it's not correct," added the Briton."

http://eurosport.yah...d-stewards.html

Advertisement

#7152 rog

rog

• 907 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 19:06

But in Japan , Schumacher was alot faster than Rosberg during the race , while slower in the quals ...

Due to fresh tyres. Not really a surprise to drive faster with better tyres.

#7153 7timesbetterthantherest

7timesbetterthantherest

• 192 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 19:07

since when has he moaned on about the team beeing to small

In any case - me being a DIE-HARD Michael fan , his explanations( excuses for some) are only going to hurt him even more in 2011 if he can't bring himself up to speed .... I'm not saying he's lying or anything , BUT if he honestly believes that he is not capable of racing at a HIGH level in F1 he should just be honest about it ... It could only backfire next season in the worst possible way ...

What will he say NEXT YEAR if Rosberg is still quicker than him ? Tires, 3 years off etc won't be valid anymore ....

Prost was a bit right ... Michael should have said he was coming back to help Ross Brawn instead of proclaiming he wanted to win an 8th drivers title ... :well: Better being on the safe-side with a low expectations attitude than a reach for the glory attitude, especially being out of the sport for 3 years !

It's entirely possible Schumacher is being truthful about the tires , but I believe also his friends like Jean Todt when they say that ALL IS NOT WELL with Michael Schumacher's relax attitude .... It's only a matter of time that his ''reasons'' for not being competetive will run out ....

But I hope Michael will be strong next year and win races, and better yet achieve his mission to get an 8th drivers title !! :up:

AGE is a b*tch .... :(

Edited by 7timesbetterthantherest, 23 October 2010 - 19:21.

#7154 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 19:19

Due to fresh tyres. Not really a surprise to drive faster with better tyres.

he was faster for almost every lap...

#7155 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 3,305 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 19:20

In any case - me being a DIE-HARD Michael fan , his explanations( excuses for some) are only going to hurt him even more in 2011 if he can't bring himself up to speed .... I'm not saying he's lying or anything , BUT if he honestly believes that he is not capable of racing at a HIGH level in F1 he should just be honest about it ... It could only backfire next season in the worst possible way ...

What will he say NEXT YEAR if Rosberg is still quicker than him ? Tires, 3 years off etc won't be valid anymore ....

Prost was a bit right ... Michael should have said he was coming back to help Ross Brawn instead of proclaiming he wanted to win an 8th drivers title ... :well: Better being on the safe-side with a low expectations attitude than a reach for the glory attitude, especially being out of the sport for 3 years !

Maybe Schumacher is being truthful about the tires , but I believe also his friends like Jean Todt when they say that ALL IS NOT WELL with Michael Schumacher's relax attitude .... It's only a matter of time that his ''reasons'' for not being competetive will run out ....

But I hope Michael will be strong next year and win races !! :up:

AGE is a b*tch .... :(

I am a die hard Micheal fan as well i have have almost all his minichamp collections as well as caps and have followed him since 96 and used to be in the british fan club and i to am hoping that Schumacher is being truthful about the tyres. Part of me thinks he is on the evidence of Japan. I am sure he believes 100% he can be good next year cause i doubt he would hang around if not and be hassled and judged at every race by arm chair experts and critics just to come 12th is not his style.

#7156 7timesbetterthantherest

7timesbetterthantherest

• 192 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 19:32

I am a die hard Micheal fan as well i have have almost all his minichamp collections as well as caps and have followed him since 96 and used to be in the british fan club and i to am hoping that Schumacher is being truthful about the tyres. Part of me thinks he is on the evidence of Japan. I am sure he believes 100% he can be good next year cause i doubt he would hang around if not and be hassled and judged at every race by arm chair experts and critics just to come 12th is not his style.

there are a couple around here, lurking in the Schumacher threads don't you think ? They must have gone absolutely mad from 94 to 2006 ! and I bet some of them wanted to jump off the nearest bridge between 2000 to 2004 !

Gawd, those were the days :up: But I guess now is there best time to come out of the woodwork and tells us how ''crap'' he was all those years .... they could'nt of do it while Schumacher was demolishing the F1 record books in his PRIME, they had no explanations. So now they jump on the oppertunity to attack a 41 year old living-legend out of the sport for 36+ months ...Hey , whatever makes them sleep better at night :lol:

I hope MS proves them wrong ( for the 92nd time and up + ) in 2011 - Go Michael :up:

Edited by 7timesbetterthantherest, 23 October 2010 - 19:56.

#7157 Muz Bee

Muz Bee

• 2,531 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 20:34

there are a couple around here, lurking in the Schumacher threads don't you think ? They must have gone absolutely mad from 94 to 2006 ! and I bet some of them wanted to jump off the nearest bridge between 2000 to 2004 !

Gawd, those were the days :up: But I guess now is there best time to come out of the woodwork and tells us how ''crap'' he was all those years .... they could'nt of do it while Schumacher was demolishing the F1 record books in his PRIME, they had no explanations. So now they jump on the oppertunity to attack a 41 year old living-legend out of the sport for 36+ months ...Hey , whatever makes them sleep better at night :lol:

I hope MS proves them wrong ( for the 92nd time and up + ) in 2011 - Go Michael :up:

Yes there probably are a few who would be in that category but for most people who are saying Michael's return has been disappointing it's just facing the facts. He is getting thrashed by his teammate in qualifying and in results. Now it may be that a new car will suit him better in 2011 but that scenario has to factor in Nico. Nico is the yardstick by which Michael is judged, it's the only thing we have to judge him. As I said several times last year Nico's ability is hard to rate as apart from his rookie year he hasn't had a rateable teammate. We still don't know how good Nico is but it's no surprise that his stocks have risen in 2010 by the job he has done in an obviously poor car. However even if Nico is performing better than Lewis and Fernando it doesn't greatly affect the way we have to look at Michael. Somehow Michael's Suzuka drive has given some here the idea that Michael now has the upper hand, that's very flimsy thinking and Korea has already demolished that. 0.4 seconds is a huge amount in F1 between teammates when it occurs week in week out.

#7158 rog

rog

• 907 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 21:01

he was faster for almost every lap...

Because his tyres were better and he had clean air.

#7159 iakhtar

iakhtar

• 182 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 22:05

Aint those just excuses? :)

Advertisement

#7160 marchi-91

marchi-91

• 440 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 22:07

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: are you an idiot???

He was stuck up Rosbergs diffuser for 30+ laps before Rosbergs car shat itself.

#7161 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 22:29

rosberg never had clean air the whole race?

#7162 DarthRonzo

DarthRonzo

• 804 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 23:51

Todt: Schumacher not so relaxed
http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/87680

"He [MS] is protecting himself, which I can understand, but he is a very human, very fragile person, and he's not at all this strong kind of a robot as he was portrayed very often in his career."

Posted Image

#7163 Callisto

Callisto

• 2,601 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 00:58

[quote name='DarthRonzo' date='Oct 24 2010, 00:51' post='4661118']

"He [MS] is protecting himself, which I can understand, but he is a very human, very fragile person, and he's not at all this strong kind of a robot as he was portrayed very often in his career."

Posted Image
schumi looks like arnie in that pic
"ill be back"...maybe...lol

Edited by Callisto, 24 October 2010 - 01:01.

#7164 Jazza

Jazza

• 998 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 01:04

Posted Image

Todt must be an antishumi. We all know MS is strong, and rosberg is the weak fragile one :rolleyes:

In all seriousness, MS is showing this year that 90% of the game really is confidence. He isn't the first driver to get shaken by a teammate and loose the edge. I'm sure drivers like GF and RB could have had more success if it wasn't for their team mates getting the upper hand on them early in the partnership. Those drivers smashed their team mates for years until they themselves got beaten and they never looked the same again. It must be a massive mindtwist to feel invincible for years until you have to face someones faster.

#7165 Jazza

Jazza

• 998 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 01:06

schumi looks like arnie in that pic
"ill be back"...maybe...lol

Haha I thought the same thing. After the article talks about him not being a robot, there is a picture of him looking like the terminator.

#7166 Callisto

Callisto

• 2,601 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 01:11

Haha I thought the same thing. After the article talks about him not being a robot, there is a picture of him looking like the terminator.

:p :up:

I was laughing as i was posting

#7167 7timesbetterthantherest

7timesbetterthantherest

• 192 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 01:38

Todt must be an antishumi. We all know MS is strong, and rosberg is the weak fragile one :rolleyes:

In all seriousness, MS is showing this year that 90% of the game really is confidence. He isn't the first driver to get shaken by a teammate and loose the edge. I'm sure drivers like GF and RB could have had more success if it wasn't for their team mates getting the upper hand on them early in the partnership. Those drivers smashed their team mates for years until they themselves got beaten and they never looked the same again. It must be a massive mindtwist to feel invincible for years until you have to face someones faster.

who Schumacher ? .... He felt ? he WAS invincible ..lol

You must mean Alonso , sorry .. Yep after him winning the titles in 05-06 , back to back , he must of felt invicible until he faced someone faster than him , Hamilton :wave:

Edited by 7timesbetterthantherest, 24 October 2010 - 01:56.

#7168 MikeTekRacing

MikeTekRacing

• 5,717 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 02:24

Todt must be an antishumi.

"What is certain is that he is a seven-time world champion with 91 wins, and nobody will take that away," Todt said.

#7169 Jazza

Jazza

• 998 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 02:30

"What is certain is that he is a seven-time world champion with 91 wins, and nobody will take that away," Todt said.

Point was if others said what todt did they would be blasted as a hater.

It should be obvious that I was not seriously calling todt an anitshumi :rolleyes: .

#7170 MikeTekRacing

MikeTekRacing

• 5,717 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 03:00

point is, you're taking it out of context and only quote what you like from todt

#7171 Jazza

Jazza

• 998 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 03:12

point is, you're taking it out of context and only quote what you like from todt

Bullcrap. Its not out of context at all. Todt did say it, and if someone who was not a Schumacher fan said that they would get blasted for doing so.

If I quoted todt and then twisted it to say "look todt doesn't like MS either" (or something along those lines), then it would be out of context if I was using that quote as proof of the position I ascribed to him. However, using it in sarcasm as an example of how someone who does not hate Schumacher is saying something similar to what the so called "haters" are saying is not out of context. I have not ascribed a position to him and used a quote to support it.

Edited by Jazza, 24 October 2010 - 03:15.

#7172 rog

rog

• 907 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 06:27

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: are you an idiot???

He was stuck up Rosbergs diffuser for 30+ laps before Rosbergs car shat itself.

Are you stupid as usual? The first laps Rosberg had fresh tyres but was stuck behind other cars while MS had clean air until he was stuck behind Rosberg and had the softer compound, probably faster the first laps. In all circumstances Rosberg had no chance to drive as fast as MS due to his fresh tyres on lap 20-25 + clean air until his stop. Think about it.

rosberg never had clean air the whole race?

Later in the race yes, but he had the older tyres when he had clean air as I said.

Edited by rog, 24 October 2010 - 06:29.

#7173 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 06:29

Are you stupid? The first laps Rosberg had fresh tyres but was stuck behind other cars while MS had clean air until he was stuck behind Rosberg and had the softer compound, probably faster the first laps. In all circumstances Rosberg had no chance to drive as fast as MS due to his fresh tyres on lap 20-25 + clean air until his stop.

Later in the race yes, but he had the older tyres when he had clean air as I said.

Excuses only. You were not saying this when Michael was behind.

Edited by ivand911, 24 October 2010 - 06:31.

#7174 rog

rog

• 907 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 06:31

Excuses only. You were saying the same when Michael was behind.

No excuse. It's the truth mister excuse fanboy.

#7175 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 06:34

No excuse. It's the truth mister excuse fanboy.

Then the same apply for all other races when Michael was behind and stuck behind other cars and Nico have clear air. And Nico were fast then, like Michal in Suzuka. Thanks.

#7176 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 6,900 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 07:19

Just looking in before my seminars - Schumacher, the rain master going off behind the safety car?

#7177 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 07:22

Just looking in before my seminars - Schumacher, the rain master going off behind the safety car?

Brundle:" schumacher seems to be the only one with his brain engaged testing the track and finding the grip levels"

#7178 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,469 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 07:30

So you haven't actually watched him behind the SC and have no clue what he was doing?

#7179 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 6,900 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 07:30

Brundle:" schumacher seems to be the only one with his brain engaged testing the track and finding the grip levels"

Martin being cynical... :lol:

Advertisement

#7180 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 07:36

doubt it were used to hearing how schumacher is usually the one going over the limit in practice sessions on purpose and he stuck one down the inside of trulli after that off obviously testing the grip off the racing line

#7181 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 6,900 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 07:47

Nice moves by Schumi and Rosberg - do the Merc have rain set-up? Probably their understeery nature helps them

#7182 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 09:00

Not 1994 again please. Can we change the year. 1995 perhaps?

Edited by ivand911, 24 October 2010 - 09:01.

#7183 Wade

Wade

• 426 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 09:02

1 place off a podium...not bad. Job well done Schumi!

#7184 Urawa

Urawa

• 1,135 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 09:03

Got the maximum out of it again today. The top cars were too fast sadly.

Edited by Urawa, 24 October 2010 - 09:04.

#7185 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,469 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 09:04

Not 1994 again please. Can we change the year. 1995 perhaps?

No, now we talk about 1997. After the next good race we talk about Monaco 2006. After that we start over again.

#7186 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 09:07

Got the maximum out of it again today. The top cars were too fast sadly.

After he put inters he was loosing 1 sec in middle sector. I think he just conserve his tyres, because we see how other started to drop. Maybe he secure his 9th place in WDC today.

Edited by ivand911, 24 October 2010 - 09:08.

#7187 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 3,305 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 09:07

After small doubts i have to say i think Michael still has it he simply needs a better car and am sure he can battle for race wins.

#7188 7timesbetterthantherest

7timesbetterthantherest

• 192 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 09:08

Nice drive by Michael :up:

Put on some nice moves over Kubica and Button ... not bad for a 41 year old .....

GO Michael ! :up:

#7189 RedBaron

RedBaron

• 2,766 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 09:10

Schumacher was great, second race in a row he's done very well and made progress with overtakes instead of dropping back. He's getting on top of things now, finally. Really good moves today in very dodgy conditions on some top drivers who are meant to be most feared in those conditions!

#7190 salamin

salamin

• 1,692 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 09:10

2 great overtakes, and yeah a lot of luck, but it was about time with the merc strategie **** ups this year

#7191 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 09:13

you of little faith ! :up:

#7192 Sof1

Sof1

• 596 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 09:15

Great race from MSC. His wet race skills are still intact even with an inferior car.

#7193 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 2,929 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 09:19

I think this performance (as well as Suzuka) has demonstrated that he has more than justified his place in F1. He's still a very competent F1 driver - maybe not as good as he once was - and better than a lot of other drivers on the grid.

Bravo Michael :up:

Bravo Felipe :up:

Bravo Fernando :up:

Bravo Lewis :up:

#7194 PoliFanAthic

PoliFanAthic

• 641 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 09:24

As at the beginning of the season, the most significant difference which would've impeded him in beating Rosberg under normal conditions was established in the problematic qualifying sessions.

MGP said they had rain setup, so that has to be why the performance dropped after the switch to inters.

#7195 SchumiP1

SchumiP1

• 92 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 09:25

Strong moves he pulled on Kubica and Button. Got the absolute maximum out of it, and podium wasn't impossible in the end.
Keep it up!

#7196 Spa95

Spa95

• 861 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 09:27

MGP said they had rain setup, so that has to be why the performance dropped after the switch to inters.

Where did they say that?

#7197 Wilgot

Wilgot

• 121 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 09:30

Solid race by Michael, very entertaining in the beginning when the track was at its wettest. You could see him starting to fall back as soon as it started to dry up. Let's hope for rain in Brazil too!

#7198 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 09:34

Where did they say that?

On RTL they say when race was stopped that they make some changes(on brakes mainly) to the setup for more wet track. But, I can't say it was generally wet setup.

#7199 Urawa

Urawa

• 1,135 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 09:36

Looking at the layout of Brazil he should be a little stronger again, more like Suzuka

Advertisement

#7200 teejay

teejay

• 3,601 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 09:38

Not bad today from the old boy.