Michael Schumacher (merged)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20789 replies to this topic

#7201 fatfreddie

fatfreddie

• 52 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 09:58

Well done Michael. :up:
I was so hoping he´d make the podium. Maybe next time.

Advertisement

#7202 DarthRonzo

DarthRonzo

• 804 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 09:59

Nico could have won the race. :well:

NR overtook Lewis just before crashing, which was ahead od Alonso in the restart after the tire change for inters round.

Edited by DarthRonzo, 24 October 2010 - 10:01.

#7203 Konsta

Konsta

• 1,747 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 10:04

I know this is MS thread but it seems silly how some people conveniently forget that a part of Michael´s good result were due to Webber´s ability to control a racing car. Yes, Michael collected but...

#7204 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,519 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 10:05

I know this is MS thread but it seems silly how some people conveniently forget that a part of Michael´s good result were due to Webber´s ability to control a racing car. Yes, Michael collected but...

But he overtook two cars and made no mistakes...

#7205 RedBaron

RedBaron

• 2,782 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 10:06

NR overtook Lewis just before crashing, which was ahead od Alonso in the restart after the tire change for inters round.

Hmmm, he couldn't have... both Mercedes made BIG setup changes on the grid for a wet track, which is why once the track dried more Schumacher wasn't really making up ground on the big teams up ahead.

#7206 MaxisOne

MaxisOne

• 1,212 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 10:07

Your point is ?? Your acting like its not normal for people to move up a place when the person in front has an issue ... Dont come in here trying to troll.. Alonso Hamilton and Massa also benefitted from others misfortune today .. Do you want to take a bash over at their threads ?
:down:

#7207 merschu

merschu

• 520 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 10:07

This complete statement is irrelevant to this thread which loudly calls itself "Michael Schumacher" thread. You should go and post this on N.R thread.

Edited by merschu, 24 October 2010 - 10:15.

#7208 RedBaron

RedBaron

• 2,782 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 10:09

Schumacher didn't make a mistake, Webber did... (Forget Rosberg was taken out, we can meet in the middle there)

Are you going to go into every driver thread and moan about every single driver who performed well and point out how they gain a place because Webber made an error all on his own and crashed out?

#7209 Spa95

Spa95

• 861 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 10:12

I refuse to believe that MGP did any huge setup changes for wet conditions (certainly not any more than any other team). MS pace actually got better towards the end of the race and it looked more like he saved his intermediates right after his stop to have an advantage towards the end of the race. Most cars around him got slower in the last few laps - only FA and LH were faster.

#7210 JPW

JPW

• 3,335 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 10:57

Not bad today from the old boy.

Yes he did very well, the car is improving Michael is finding his form again so with the Pirellis and the MGP car a bit more to his liking 2011 could prove to an awesome year. :up:

#7211 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 15:12

I can't quite work out this idiototic post ... So it's Webber's fault that Schumacher displayed superior skill over Webber and didn't make a mistake like he did or something??? :confused:

I am also willing to share on the rape of the alternate Earth's goodies if you let me in on the secret of how to get there being as you have access and all to alternate dimensions viewing the way events turn out there ......

#7212 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 15:24

Nice moves by Schumi and Rosberg - do the Merc have rain set-up? Probably their understeery nature helps them

aditya now?? Someone call Mulder, aditya now has been kidnapped by aliens!!

I can tell because this is a really good 'well sounded in logic' post of the highest order.

#7213 F1 Tor.

F1 Tor.

• 2,832 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 15:28

yes, just Michael collected. No one else. :rolleyes: It's the usual crap from people. If he does poorly, he's crap, if he does well it's either the car or he 'collected' due to the faults of others. How about he's had a very disappointing season but drove a great race today. Is that so hard to type???

#7214 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 15:43

Can somebody imagine what would happen if Michael hit today somebody like Webber hit Nico? Preferably Rubens. Such thing could be epic, Michael will be Public Enemy number 1 again. But, when it is Webber there is not problem? Double standards?

#7215 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 3,024 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 15:50

Nico could have won the race? So could Yamamoto if everybody else crashed out.

Besides, it is Nico's fault that Mark Webber's race finished, if he wasn't there then Mark wouldn't have hit him. So there, Nico's fault that both are out of the race(!)

#7216 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 15:51

Can somebody imagine what would happen if Michael hit today somebody like Webber hit Nico? Preferably Rubens. Such thing could be epic, Michael will be Public Enemy number 1 again. But, when it is Webber there is not problem? Double standards?

people just accept webber is likely to take someone out these days

#7217 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 16:10

How about he's had a very disappointing season but drove a great race today. Is that so hard to type???

But they would have to buy new keyboards .... :lol:

Posted Image

Edited by cheapracer, 24 October 2010 - 16:13.

#7218 r4mses

r4mses

• 1,100 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 16:26

Nico could have won the race? So could Yamamoto if everybody else crashed out.

Besides, it is Nico's fault that Mark Webber's race finished, if he wasn't there then Mark wouldn't have hit him. So there, Nico's fault that both are out of the race(!)

lol. a) totally off-topic b) totally nonsense.

back on topic: gj by MSC today. would've loved to see him end up on the podium as 3rd.

#7219 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 16:35

This is great keyboard.

Advertisement

#7220 Konsta

Konsta

• 1,747 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 16:38

yes, just Michael collected. No one else. :rolleyes: It's the usual crap from people. If he does poorly, he's crap, if he does well it's either the car or he 'collected' due to the faults of others. How about he's had a very disappointing season but drove a great race today. Is that so hard to type???

No problemo. Michael did well today. I´d say that if Webbo could´ve driven like all the other big guns, Michael would´ve ended up in P6 tops. There are more than a few posters who are so blindly in love with all things MS that hey are already blaming Nico for the incident and thus hoping that this will somehow glorify their beloved race driver :confused:

Well, IMHO Michael has at best been quite alright this season and at worst embarrassing - his younger teammate has probably against expectations beaten him fair and square. I personally found Norby´s comments about the machinery not having been equal downright obnoxious.

Edited by Konsta, 24 October 2010 - 16:39.

#7221 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 3,328 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 16:56

Id go more down the road of what if Micheal had put in a performance like Button. He would of been slated and told to retire for the millionth time this year.

#7222 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 16:58

I´d say that if Webbo could´ve driven like all the other big guns,

Whats your problem? Can you actually move to a world of reality?

The race is finished, Webber crashed, Rosberg crashed, Vettle blew up - it's the same story there and about for every single GP thats been run in the entire history of the sport - get over it.

Did you see the "Is Kubica is the best driver" thread? Thats the Guy who Schumacher breezed past today and then the current WDC, I guess that was all luck as well you troll.

By the way, I got some keyboards on sale ..... :lol:

#7223 DarthRonzo

DarthRonzo

• 804 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 17:00

This complete statement is irrelevant to this thread which loudly calls itself "Michael Schumacher" thread. You should go and post this on N.R thread.

The quote means MS got a good result as a survivor, but his Mercedes could have achieved higher grounds, like Nico proved.

#7224 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 3,024 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 17:01

lol. a) totally off-topic b) totally nonsense.

back on topic: gj by MSC today. would've loved to see him end up on the podium as 3rd.

I was of course jesting.

#7225 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 17:03

The quote means MS got a good result as a survivor, but his Mercedes could have achieved higher grounds, like Nico proved.

Whats your problem? Can you actually move to a world of reality?

The race is finished, Webber crashed, Rosberg crashed, Vettle blew up - it's the same story there and about for every single GP thats been run in the entire history of the sport - get over it.

Did you see the "Is Kubica is the best driver" thread? Thats the Guy who Schumacher breezed past today and then the current WDC, I guess that was all luck as well you troll.

By the way, I got some keyboards on sale .....

This quote today from the poster known only as BEYOND who apparently has a keyboard with no caps or shift provision...

rosberg retired after only 1 lap and a half. how can anyone say he was "on fire", he was challenging for the win etc. he did the very same schumi did that lap, drive fast and overtake one driver. other speculations about what he could have done, based on vague hypotesis with no support, are pointless. both mercs did very good at the start and were clearly very fast in the early stages, then schumi lost ground with the track drying so i think similar would happen to rosberg. but at the time they were on track, a very short time anyway, they were both excellent, so saying that rosberg was on another level today and stuff like that, are not proved neither based on anything valueble

Edited by cheapracer, 24 October 2010 - 17:07.

#7226 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 3,024 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 17:03

Such as? Mercedes' podiums came in the first half of the season; since then they've gone backward compared to the top 3.

How would anything higher than a 4th position been possible today? Let me guess though, according to your logic, Rosberg would have lapped the entire field 3 times over, gone for a toilet break and still won the race?

#7227 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 17:05

They could get better result in Australia too if Alonso/Button didn't hit Michael. Michael was 4 places infront of Nico in the first corner. In Valencia the same thing Michael 3rd before team made their biggest mistake in 2010. And other races the same picture. Monaco. Canada(problem with Kubica when he was 5th, Nico out of top 10)

Edited by ivand911, 24 October 2010 - 17:07.

#7228 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 17:09

They could get better result in Australia too if Alonso/Button didn't hit Michael. Michael was 4 places infront of Nico in the first corner. In Valencia the same thing Michael 3rd before team made their biggest mistake in 2010. And other races the same picture. Monaco. Canada(problem with Kubica when he was 5th, Nico out of top 10)

He is refering to today not the whole season which makes his comment even more daft that what you saw into it.

#7229 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 16,933 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 17:13

It seems MS is well known in North Korea, good to see him being a major player in the race for some entertainment.

Good to see some back to back consistency on 2 very challenging weekends, Suzuka challenge and North Korea. North Korea will go down as a epic gp, he can be proud of his part in it.

Now we have Brazil next, a track MS has driven and done very well in from the past. Qualifying eludes him this year, be it car set up comprimises, or concentrating on race knowing the car characteristics with its tyre is not going to bring out the best of him this year so he's making comprimises in set up to maximise other areas he may feel comfortable at. Fast corners are not the problem, the slow corners are, that's what Brawn said earlier in the year, it's odd to lose time in slow corners, but that's been his story this year.

Brazil is quite a landmark for MS, scene of his epic last ferrari drive in 2006, never thought he would return here. We are having a great end to this season.

#7230 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 17:21

It seems MS is well known in North Korea, good to see him being a major player in the race for some entertainment.

Good to see some back to back consistency on 2 very challenging weekends, Suzuka challenge and North Korea. North Korea will go down as a epic gp, he can be proud of his part in it.

Now we have Brazil next, a track MS has driven and done very well in from the past. Qualifying eludes him this year, be it car set up comprimises, or concentrating on race knowing the car characteristics with its tyre is not going to bring out the best of him this year so he's making comprimises in set up to maximise other areas he may feel comfortable at. Fast corners are not the problem, the slow corners are, that's what Brawn said earlier in the year, it's odd to lose time in slow corners, but that's been his story this year.

Brazil is quite a landmark for MS, scene of his epic last ferrari drive in 2006, never thought he would return here. We are having a great end to this season.

South Korea? or just Korea.

#7231 SparkPlug

SparkPlug

• 491 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 17:26

Posted Image

Golden ! :lol:
One of the funniest posts I've ever read !

#7232 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 16,933 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 17:27

South Korea? or just Korea.

Just say Korea.

I think it' a bit true that some of them may still think Schumacher is at Ferrari. Schumacher's stint with ferrar reached alot of people around the world who didn't follow f1 normally, or just being aware of it, his name is big enough in some parts to be connected with f1 for them, if you saw the bbc korea previews, the koreans were menstioning schumacher even when shown faces of other drivers in the title hunt, Schuey's name they know.

Posted Image

This is amazing, I saw the picture at first without looking at it in detail, it passed me by, looked again and I have to wait, if you made it, it's the best work of art for forumers of f1 in relation to Schumacher that's ever been posted on these forums in the last 10 years since I've been here.

Great work, very funny and talent well applied in Schumacher like fashion.

:up: :up: :up: :smoking:

Golden ! :lol:
One of the funniest posts I've ever read !

:up: SparkPlug Legend :smoking:

Edited by SeanValen, 24 October 2010 - 17:32.

#7233 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 17:34

do north korea even get to see the race ? i'd assume they dont allow south korea stuff on TV?

but anyway Kim Jong-il has privately stated his admiration of rubens barrichello

#7234 Lifew12

Lifew12

• 4,551 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 17:42

But, when it is Webber there is not problem? Double standards?

Not really. Webber couldn't really do much about it.

Great drive from Michael. More the old Schumacher.

#7235 Lifew12

Lifew12

• 4,551 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 17:43

Besides, it is Nico's fault that Mark Webber's race finished, if he wasn't there then Mark wouldn't have hit him.

I think he'd already she half the car when he hit the first fence, to be fair.

#7236 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 17:44

Not really. Webber couldn't really do much about it.

Great drive from Michael. More the old Schumacher.

He can brake. There was no need to cross the track this way.

#7237 Lifew12

Lifew12

• 4,551 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 17:45

I really hope you're not being serious Ivan, so I'm not going to bother to pass any further comment.

#7238 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 17:47

Check this, his car was not so much damaged ,and he even can continue racing if he just turn around car better.

Edited by ivand911, 24 October 2010 - 17:48.

#7239 Scotracer

Scotracer

• 2,696 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 17:58

Check this, his car was not so much damaged ,and he even can continue racing if he just turn around car better.

Don't be silly. If you saw the crash from the opposite angle you would have seen the right front wheel dangling in the air before Nico hit him - that means his left-rear suspension had collapsed.

Advertisement

#7240 Ruf

Ruf

• 1,279 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 18:06

One can argue that Rosberg could have done the same thing, in adition to making good use of his steering wheel. His car was not pointing in the wrong direction afterall.

#7241 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 18:11

Don't be silly. If you saw the crash from the opposite angle you would have seen the right front wheel dangling in the air before Nico hit him - that means his left-rear suspension had collapsed.

OK , but he still can brake and stay there? I think.

#7242 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 18:17

One can argue that Rosberg could have done the same thing, in adition to making good use of his steering wheel. His car was not pointing in the wrong direction afterall.

I think like that too, we discussed it in the other thread(NvsM). Nico could try to avoid him with slowing or even stopping. He have time to react(4sec from Webber hitting the wall to Nico hitting him).

Edited by ivand911, 24 October 2010 - 18:27.

#7243 RedBaron

RedBaron

• 2,782 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 18:20

Posted Image

haha Superb!

#7244 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 18:31

cheapracer will sell a lot of keyboards.

#7245 Muz Bee

Muz Bee

• 2,531 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 19:01

I really hope you're not being serious Ivan, so I'm not going to bother to pass any further comment.

:up: My thoughts indeed. A real armchair that boy....

#7246 DarthRonzo

DarthRonzo

• 804 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 19:04

Don't get me wrong guys.

Lazarus... I mean Schumy... did well today, but Rosberg has done better.

#7247 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 19:13

http://photofile.ru/...0/163876296.jpg
http://www.gpupdate..../165399/#165399
http://motorsport.ne...d61e6c55529f7ec

Edited by ivand911, 24 October 2010 - 19:43.

#7248 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 19:27

Don't get me wrong guys.

Lazarus... I mean Schumy... did well today, but Rosberg has done better.

today? dont think so rest is history.

track was drying and both had wet setups so its unlikely either would have had the speed for higher than 4th

#7249 Wade

Wade

• 426 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 00:34

Any video of Schumi's overtake on Kubica/Button?

#7250 exmayol

exmayol

• 554 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 02:13

Solid race for Michael. Looking forward to Brazil! Couple more top 6 finishes will definitely serve as a good message to the stubborn people living in denial claiming he has no place in F1.