Photo

Michael Schumacher (merged)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20789 replies to this topic

#7301 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 13:23

OMG! 24 hours have passed and not a post, ok based on that I now have Korea as MS's race of the year! :lol:

I was watching MS today drive Monaco 1997 and he really was special that day

http://v.youku.com/v...I3MzMyNjg=.html

Advertisement

#7302 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,038 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 14:15

OMG! 24 hours have passed and not a post, ok based on that I now have Korea as MS's race of the year! :lol:

I was watching MS today drive Monaco 1997 and he really was special that day

http://v.youku.com/v...I3MzMyNjg=.html

You are waiting for people to dwell forever and celebrate Michael for his fourth place in Korea, which he gained thanks to the misfortunes of Rosberg and Vettel and the mistake of Webber?
Wow, in the old days Michael was winning one race after the other - if he were doing that we would see much more traffic in this thread.

An average showing like becoming 4th the third time this season (and this being his season´s best results) does not warrant commenting on it for five days in a row, it is too unspectacular.
Come on, cheapracer, get real!

Concerning Monaco 1997: yes, he was really special that day.

Edited by aditya-now, 29 October 2010 - 14:16.

#7303 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 14:52

You are waiting for people to dwell forever and celebrate Michael for his fourth place in Korea, which he gained thanks to the misfortunes of Rosberg and Vettel and the mistake of Webber?
Wow, in the old days Michael was winning one race after the other - if he were doing that we would see much more traffic in this thread.

An average showing like becoming 4th the third time this season (and this being his season´s best results) does not warrant commenting on it for five days in a row, it is too unspectacular.
Come on, cheapracer, get real!

Concerning Monaco 1997: yes, he was really special that day.

no we are celebrating him finishing 10seconds or so behind a much faster ferrari , overtaking kubica at the first corner of a restart and showing button whos boss

#7304 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,038 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 15:05

no we are celebrating him finishing 10seconds or so behind a much faster ferrari , overtaking kubica at the first corner of a restart and showing button whos boss

that is indeed worthwhile to celebrate, albeit there were numerous Safety Car periods and the "much faster" Ferrari was driven by Felipe Massa, who is a shadow of his former self.

Nonetheless, the celebrations seem a bit muted on this thread, don´t you think? :p

#7305 SchumiP1

SchumiP1

• 92 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 15:14

To win, you first have to finish. Same goes for 4th place.
Anyway, nothing wrong with Schumacher making up a few places by others retiring from the race. Rosberg has "lucked" into quite a few podiums that way.

#7306 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 15:54

Comparing Ferrari and MGP cars is not very useful occupation. I am sure Michael would prefer to drive red car this year. And I think his results could be better that Massa's. Because I think he can find red car easy to drive and better suited to his style.

Edited by ivand911, 29 October 2010 - 16:03.

#7307 cindy4ever33

cindy4ever33

• 47 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 16:06

Posted Image

Nice banner in Korea. Is it also from you, Ivan? :)

#7308 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 16:09

It is from the same group Russian fans(Banner Maniacs). This was their banner for Korea. This banner have history. They found guy from city Khabarovsk who planned to visit Korean GP. They send him file(and money) and he made it in banner company there(they didn't have time to made the banner and send it in Khabarovsk). Then he visit GP and put banner there in good location. And this guy was McLaren fan. He is in the picture behind the banner in white. Ivanoff poster here have connection with the banner.

Edited by ivand911, 29 October 2010 - 16:43.

#7309 rog

rog

• 907 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 16:10

To win, you first have to finish. Same goes for 4th place.
Anyway, nothing wrong with Schumacher making up a few places by others retiring from the race. Rosberg has "lucked" into quite a few podiums that way.

No not really. Rosbergs rain pace was just too good. Only Silverstone was a bit of luck. Same for MS in Korea.

#7310 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 16:17

No not really. Rosbergs rain pace was just too good. Only Silverstone was a bit of luck. Same for MS in Korea.

i like how people can tell rosbergs rain pace in korea from one flying lap where everyone was getting there brakes and tyres back up to temprature.

did you notice hamilton almost immediately shaved 2 seconds of his laptime following rosberg going out yet people use hamiltons slower lap as evidence rosberg would have pulled away from him

#7311 DarthRonzo

DarthRonzo

• 804 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 16:20

Comparing Ferrari and MGP cars is not very useful occupation. I am sure Michael would prefer to drive red car this year. And I think his results could be better that Massa's. Because I think he can find red car easy to drive and better suited to his style.

Yup... Red is the color.

When he was driving that silver Sauber Mercedes at LeMans, Schumy wasn't the fastest either.

Maybe MGP biggest upgrade for 2011 will be the red paint. :p

#7312 rog

rog

• 907 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 16:23

i like how people can tell rosbergs rain pace in korea from one flying lap where everyone was getting there brakes and tyres back up to temprature.

did you notice hamilton almost immediately shaved 2 seconds of his laptime following rosberg going out yet people use hamiltons slower lap as evidence rosberg would have pulled away from him

You posting has nothing to do with my quote. Read properly.

#7313 man

man

• 1,301 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 17:22

Posted Image

Nice banner in Korea. Is it also from you, Ivan? :)

If I was M Schumacher, I would be a bit alarmed by this.

#7314 man

man

• 1,301 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 17:26

Perhaps. ;-) Though I dont think you or M Schumacher would take the roasting he would get from Alonso particularly well.

Still, who am I to step in the way of a good fantasy. ;-)

#7315 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 17:38

Perhaps. ;-) Though I dont think you or M Schumacher would take the roasting he would get from Alonso particularly well.

Still, who am I to step in the way of a good fantasy. ;-)

i seem to remember a thread about how much on avg schumacher beat massa in qualifying compared to alonso

#7316 man

man

• 1,301 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 17:42

i seem to remember a thread about how much on avg schumacher beat massa in qualifying compared to alonso

Hehe. Massa walking into a team that was moulded around M Schumacher for 10 years. Alonso walking into a team that Massa has been at since 2006. Apples...pears anybody? ;-)

#7317 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 17:47

Hehe. Massa walking into a team that was moulded around M Schumacher for 10 years. Alonso walking into a team that Massa has been at since 2006. Apples...pears anybody? ;-)

but alonso brought 3 tenths to the team :confused:

#7318 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 19:09

Will be not worst situation than this year.

#7319 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,038 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 00:40

Ah, crying after the red car?

Well, whose decision was it not to go to the Reds? Who wanted to join Mercedes and not Ferrari? Who did Michael disappoint so much by chosing "the enemy" that LdM called him "his own twin brother"?
So, maybe Schumi made the wrong decision joining the Greys?

Advertisement

#7320 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,038 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 00:42

:lol: :lol: :lol:

#7321 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,038 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 00:43

If I was M Schumacher, I would be a bit alarmed by this.

Yes, these "fans" show a dangerous level of addiction to their idol. What´s next?

Seems like teenager fandom, sometimes followed by tragedy.

#7322 baddog

baddog

• 23,445 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 01:55

We have been through this process of you guys showing your lack of class towards the EXACT same fans before.. in this thread.. are your memories so short?

#7323 Muz Bee

Muz Bee

• 2,531 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 05:04

(to nobody in particular) The Schumie fans have been rather feeling the absence of "the love" for a while so FWIW I would say that was Michael's best drive of 2010. We all know the car isn't outstanding so his result was pretty good. He looked pretty good through practice but qualifying pace still seems to elude him.

The car seemed to work better than in recent times so maybe the Schumie factor is happening within the MB engineering division. Rosberg continues to shime and has caught up to and passed his teammate in the one area he lagged - bad luck.

#7324 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 06:46

Ah, crying after the red car?

Well, whose decision was it not to go to the Reds? Who wanted to join Mercedes and not Ferrari? Who did Michael disappoint so much by chosing "the enemy" that LdM called him "his own twin brother"?
So, maybe Schumi made the wrong decision joining the Greys?

I didn't know that Ferrari offered Michael drive for 2010? Because they didn't. MGP need time to get to the level where Ferrari is. Last year was just luck and smart thinking.

#7325 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,038 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 07:35

I didn't know that Ferrari offered Michael drive for 2010? Because they didn't. MGP need time to get to the level where Ferrari is. Last year was just luck and smart thinking.

No smart thinking on Schumi´s part. He aborted his come-back because of that "neck-injury". So he missed out on that Ferrari seat. Well, maybe he would have missed it anyway, if he would have been as fast as Fisichella he would surely not have qualified himself for 2010 in the red cockpit...

Luckily for Schumi he did not drive as Massa´s stand-in in the second half of 2009, so at least he secured the Mercedes seat in that way.

I am sure that LdM would have taken Schumacher only as a third driver after Alonso and Massa. Of course, he should have taken Alonso/Schumacher, but then Michael would have received a sound beating at the hands of Alonso :lol: and what Rosberg did to him now at Merc would have been a joke by comparison.

So all in all Michael is lucky to be where he is - he has a chance for 2011, and no other top cockpit was available to him anyway, if we trust Ivan´s intelligence.

#7326 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,038 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 07:38

We have been through this process of you guys showing your lack of class towards the EXACT same fans before.. in this thread.. are your memories so short?

No short memories, baddog, I still think that this kind of addictive fandom on the part of the Russian fans ("Michael - we can´t live without you" and "Michael - we follow you everywhere") is a touch too much for grown-ups, and smells like teen spirit. Of course, sometimes teens do themselves harm in the process when their fandom carries them to such "heights" of admiration.

#7327 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 11:33

Let's not discuss other people banners. I don't see here anyone with such dedication and passion to do something like this. If you can't do something is better not to discuss other people work. Because this involve to much and you can't handle it. Humanly, financially, internationally. You need people with big soul to do it. And you just don't have it.

Edited by ivand911, 30 October 2010 - 11:34.

#7328 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 3,026 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 11:48

but alonso brought 3 tenths to the team :confused:

I thought it was sixth tenths?

I agree, I don't think Schumacher would have the energy to be competitive against Alonso over a full season. However, I do think that Fred vs Michael would be a lot lot closer than Fred vs Massa.

I don't see Fred demolishing Michael in the same way he has done Massa.

#7329 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 15:19

"GQ Männer des Jahres 2010" - "GQ Men of the Year 2010" - Sport
http://photofile.ru/...6/164009399.jpg
http://photofile.ru/...6/164009401.jpg
http://photofile.ru/...6/164009396.jpg
http://i4.fastpic.ru...9cf928f33a0.jpg
http://i4.fastpic.ru...718ff227bef.jpg
http://i4.fastpic.ru...85919810879.jpg
http://i4.fastpic.ru...0ae78a5c221.jpg
http://i4.fastpic.ru...45bafdba9fa.jpg
http://i4.fastpic.ru...7669f97195e.jpg
http://i4.fastpic.ru...0192b9e34de.jpg
http://i4.fastpic.ru...6ea0edb896b.jpg
http://i4.fastpic.ru...a4dd3a9537a.jpg
http://i4.fastpic.ru...5dc08a15a51.jpg
http://i4.fastpic.ru...ec5a6d9aa46.jpg

#7330 F. Scaramanga

F. Scaramanga

• 168 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 15:34

I feel queasy when i see the idiots!

#7331 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 17:32

What are the predictions for Interlagos? I think the Merc will perform well there though I expect Rosberg to outpace him comfortably once again.[/b]

maybe you should get back on topic in rhe rosberg vs schumacher thread

#7332 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,038 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 22:41

maybe you should get back on topic in rhe rosberg vs schumacher thread

A fifth place is on the cards for Michael in Brazil - it seems they are getting their act together and Interlagos always suited Michael - who would ever forget his "last race" in Interlagos 2006. Back then he went out in style - I hope we will see a similar good outcome for Michael in his second career.

Now fifth only on the strength of the championship battle bringing some DNFs with it - Massa should be up there, Alonso, the Red Bulls, Hamilton and Button as well. One or two of them might not finish - then still Michael will have to beat his first opponent, against whom he did not look convincing this season.

So third to fifth in the most positive case, otherwise 7th to 9th.

#7333 Polle

Polle

• 292 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 05:02

Yeh I expect a strong showing from both Merc drivers in Brazil. How they managed to pull off as the fastest in the speed traps amazes me as the car looks anything but angular. Im guessing 4-6 place. A podium if we see a few retirements on the downhill run.

#7334 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,038 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 15:51

A fifth place is on the cards for Michael in Brazil - it seems they are getting their act together and Interlagos always suited Michael - who would ever forget his "last race" in Interlagos 2006. Back then he went out in style - I hope we will see a similar good outcome for Michael in his second career.

Now fifth only on the strength of the championship battle bringing some DNFs with it - Massa should be up there, Alonso, the Red Bulls, Hamilton and Button as well. One or two of them might not finish - then still Michael will have to beat his first opponent, against whom he did not look convincing this season.

So third to fifth in the most positive case, otherwise 7th to 9th.

Interesting test that post of mine. While it happens to be my sincere opinion, and I stay with it, a whole Sunday passes and you don´t have any reactions from Ivan, cheapracer, baddog, graybearded and all the other usual suspects that invade the thread over other posts of mine within minutes when the post is critical or sometimes even just realistic.

When something positive is said about Michael they don´t have anything to disagree with - thus the thread remains like an orphan child... ;)

#7335 Urawa

Urawa

• 1,135 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 16:41

Yes, I expect him to shine there :p
Last chance for a podium this year I guess as I don´t believe the combination MS/Merc will look good at Abu Dhabi.

Edited by Urawa, 31 October 2010 - 16:43.

#7336 Lotusseven

Lotusseven

• 1,336 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 17:06

I don´t want to do a new topic for one question, so I ask here about Will Webber - Shumi´s manager.

I got a question on my Ricciardo fansite - With all your contacts how difficult do you think it can be to meet Will Webber ?

Why on earth does a private person wanna meet him ? :confused:

#7337 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,038 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 21:39

Why on earth does a private person wanna meet him ? :confused:

Good question, why would anyone meet Willi Webber now with all the things that have come out into the open, his problems with the law - although my opinon of Schumacher is not to highest, I could never figure out why an intelligent person like Schumacher would be so deeply befriended with someone of the calibre of Willi Webber.

Apart from that, the "Deutsche Vermögenswaltung" which is nothing short of a financial "club" to say it in the mildest terms (you could speak to some of their agents which are indebted for life with them and try what they can to get out of it, but to no avail) is another questionable association of Michael Schumacher. Yes, they pay him the money, but it´s a little bit like Tom Cruise...

So thinking about Webber and Deutsche Vermögensverwaltung I have to say that all other aspects of the Schumacher phenomenon are very positive. In German we have a saying: "Sage mir mit wem du umgehst und ich sage dir wer du bist".

#7338 Yorkie

Yorkie

• 2,192 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 00:17

Button was behind too. Kubica race improve a lot on last laps when Rubens and Hulk have problem with tyres. Michael from other side was just trying to conserve his inters since the moment he put them on. And he did good job with that. He didn't push it at any moment. This is F1 now, conserving tyres. But, still with full wet tyres he show something.

But not as much as Rosberg

#7339 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,038 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 00:27

http://en.espnf1.com...tory/32601.html

So will Sutil resist the temptation of replacing Schumacher at Mercedes GP?

"I just want to make sure to do the right thing, but I can't say where I am going to be [next season]. I was planning to make a decision four weeks ago, but it is difficult."

Advertisement

#7340 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 00:40

http://en.espnf1.com...tory/32601.html

So will Sutil resist the temptation of replacing Schumacher at Mercedes GP?

"I just want to make sure to do the right thing, but I can't say where I am going to be [next season]. I was planning to make a decision four weeks ago, but it is difficult."

schumacher isnt going anywhere? :wave:

#7341 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,038 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 00:43

schumacher isnt going anywhere? :wave:

:wave:

Let´s see. At least Adrian Sutil can´t decide now, whereas one month ago he was obviously sure. Well, maybe it all went into Schumi´s direction - before Suzuka his replacement by Sutil was a done deal, but he saved his a.. by two medium successful races in Suzuka and Yeongam.

#7342 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 00:50

:wave:

Let´s see. At least Adrian Sutil can´t decide now, whereas one month ago he was obviously sure. Well, maybe it all went into Schumi´s direction - before Suzuka his replacement by Sutil was a done deal, but he saved his a.. by two medium successful races in Suzuka and Yeongam.

maybe sutil could be replacing rosberg instead seeing as hes done so poor since suzuka

#7343 Yorkie

Yorkie

• 2,192 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 01:28

maybe sutil could be replacing rosberg instead seeing as hes done so poor since suzuka

Doesnt say much for Schumi then

#7344 exmayol

exmayol

• 554 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 02:33

Sounds reasonable! Bye Nico!

#7345 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 03:42

Sutil would be wise to go to Benz if he has the chance as I think there will be a good car and a vacant seat in 2012. I can't see Force India ever being better than strong midfield as they are.

Edited by Buttoneer, 01 November 2010 - 11:03.

#7346 baddog

baddog

• 23,445 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 03:47

In Brazil I expect Michael to be strong as he has been for the last few races. He has always gone well there and clearly things have changed enormously since Monza.

#7347 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 03:58

In Brazil I expect Michael to be strong as he has been for the last few races. He has always gone well there and clearly things have changed enormously since Monza.

I expect status quo at Brazil, I still expect Rosberg to slightly hold his year long advantage. You are right though, like Spa and Suzuka this is a favoured MS track which helps for him to advance the car on known ground.

Anyway, with the team strategies up front theres a real chance for a podium for either MS or Rosberg unless McLaren request Benz to stay away from them or even to assist them.

#7348 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 16,933 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 08:59

I expect status quo at Brazil, I still expect Rosberg to slightly hold his year long advantage. You are right though, like Spa and Suzuka this is a favoured MS track which helps for him to advance the car on known ground.

Anyway, with the team strategies up front theres a real chance for a podium for either MS or Rosberg unless McLaren request Benz to stay away from them or even to assist them.

I'm just thinking, Michael's qualifying sessions at Spain and Turkey had a zest of confidence about them immediately, and I do wonder how his Spa race would of gone had he not got that grid drop penality. Suzuka and Korea not finding qualifying the same. There are so many areas and races where he can improve massively on this year next year. It's like for over half a season Mercedes and MS were in the unkown, getting speed and then losing it without understanding why, now there seems more answers. It's a shame they've improved near the end late, especially with f duct improvements they could of done with at Canada/Turkey-which I'm sure would of landed MS with a podium at Turkey.

Their simulation work seems vastly improved. Infact when they said they were gonna stop working on this years car for next year, I expected quite bad races to fend off renault for constructors, but it's been the otherway round, they are using infrastructure and resources for the new car to experiment and give answers to the current one and were seeing the type of season perhaps Mercedes could of had this year, had they been prepapred for it. Brawn/MS and Nico seem more upbeat lately, good stuff for 2011 which is their real first season together, and I say first season in which they are prepared, 2010 was just a delayed start, everyone seems hungary for 2011 which is good.

#7349 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,038 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 09:58

Coming back from Willi Weber, Deutsche Vermögensberatung and Sutil replacing Schumacher in 2011/2012 - yes, I agree, status quo in Interlagos, Nico Rosberg will have to fight for his money but still hold on to a slight advantage.

It is great to see Michael back in the fold driving-wise, would have been a pity to see him fading, after THAT career. Still, one thing is for sure, we all had to lower our expectations, friend and foe alike....

#7350 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 3,026 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 10:28

If the 2011 car is strong, I don't expect Sutil to be replacing anyone in the Mercedes camp.