Photo

Michael Schumacher (merged)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20789 replies to this topic

#7451 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 6,915 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 13:11

That is assuming he had the answer immediately to hand. If it needed a bit of consideration, that kind of communication may have come in a later radio message. Pit to driver radio is interesting, but you can read too much into it sometimes.

You're right the problem with the radio transmissions, as revealing as they are and a good addition to the coverage, they are only selective and can never give a whole picture of what the dialogue between pits and car is.

Advertisement

#7452 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 3,218 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 13:16

I nominate this for the Autosport Schumacher Bashers Club 'Disastrous post of the season' award for both its lack of useful content and for its poor spelling and sentence structure.

I mean really.. Are you even serious with this?

Johnrambo, Man and other Schumacher bashers are clearly on the wind up when it comes to these sorts of comments.

They don't take themselves seriously (God help us if they do!) so we shouldn't either. They are looking for a reaction and some people fall into their hands.

#7453 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 16:44

Rainmaster is back :love: lets hope he can do a really good Q3 time aswell

#7454 vovelo

vovelo

• 87 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 16:48

Poor old Michael :rotfl: :rotfl:

#7455 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 17:03

Bad strategy in Q3. They need to run and not to wait in the pit. More laps was key for success in Q3.

Edited by ivand911, 06 November 2010 - 17:03.

#7456 Nuvol

Nuvol

• 654 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 17:05

they've ****ed possible top3. tomorrow should be fun anyway as it seems he has the pace

#7457 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 17:06

Bad strategy in Q3. They need to run and not to wait in the pit. More laps was key for success in Q3.

yea apart from his first quick lap in q3 he was nowhere near the pace :S

alot of the time his sectors looked like he was on a cooling down lap maybe bad traffic?

#7458 Cheap Wine Alesi

Cheap Wine Alesi

• 2,723 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 17:06

The other guys were fast from lap 1 on drys, MS was not fast even on his second lap.
MS failed in Q3.

of course, Nico failed in Q2, eventhough he was going quicker than MS. :down:

#7459 Spa95

Spa95

• 861 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 17:08

Only 3 tenths faster on slicks than his time with intermediate tyres...

Good effort though :up:

Advertisement

#7460 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,563 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 17:08

I think he had no temp in the tires. Thay probably should have done more laps.

#7461 Spa95

Spa95

• 861 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 17:09

The other guys were fast from lap 1 on drys, MS was not fast even on his second lap.
MS failed in Q3.

aww...are you mad now? :)

:clap: :rotfl:

Edited by Spa95, 06 November 2010 - 17:09.

#7462 RedBaron

RedBaron

• 2,841 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 17:10

I didn't see anything from Schumacher once he put the slicks on, did he make errors or did he just not get on top of it with his final lap(s)? Still he's in a good position for a dry race, I'm not sure those Williams will keep that position come the chequered flag, so hopefully Schumacher can be in battle with those guys for 6th.

#7463 MCh000

MCh000

• 181 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 17:10

alot of the time his sectors looked like he was on a cooling down lap maybe bad traffic?

I thing it is more a potential of Mercedes on dry track. And maybe, though I doubt it, he run more dry setup than others.

#7464 RedBaron

RedBaron

• 2,841 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 17:11

I think he had no temp in the tires. Thay probably should have done more laps.

Good point, no-one was "fast" on their first dry tyre run, missed opportunity and I think it showed by Schumacher's face once he got out of the car.

#7465 GoRacing

GoRacing

• 291 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 17:11

Combination of poor strategy and a bad lap from MS. They needed to run a lot on slick tyres, every lap was quicker, but again MGP screwed up, making MS wait in the pits for what looked like an eternity.

#7466 vovelo

vovelo

• 87 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 17:12

wow, even Rosberg was slower that MS in Q2 anyway he was better(quicker) than MS.
"nice" logic :drunk:

#7467 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,563 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 17:12

Combination of poor strategy and a bad lap from MS.

Both his last laps were on similar time so it doesn't look like it was his fault. That's why i'm saying it's probably more due to no temp.

Edited by Diablobb81, 06 November 2010 - 17:13.

#7468 Spa95

Spa95

• 861 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 17:15

Both his last laps were on similar time so it doesn't look like it was his fault. That's why i'm saying it's probably more due to no temp.

MS was fastest in the final sector (along with LH and faster than NH). Looks like the temperature just kicked in then - unfortunately too late.

#7469 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,563 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 17:17

MS was fastest in the final sector (along with LH and faster than NH). Looks like the temperature just kicked in then - unfortunately too late.

Good info. I gave up when i saw sector 1 time on his last lap. half a second faster than his last but still half a second slower than the best.

#7470 vovelo

vovelo

• 87 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 17:19

Look forward to Qual from Mercedes Onboard channel .
I hope I will able to watch all MS laps in Q3 .

#7471 SchumiP1

SchumiP1

• 92 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 17:22

Schumacher destroyed Rosberg today, but I can't help but too feel a bit disappointed.
How on earth did that 3rd place slip away in the end! Absolutely can't believe how the dying moments punished the Mercedes car so badly!

#7472 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 17:23

He just needed more laps. He have 1-2 fast laps, when others have 5-6 fast laps. Hulk use his laps best. Bad judgement of situation.

Edited by ivand911, 06 November 2010 - 17:24.

#7473 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 3,218 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 17:26

Looks like Schunacher and Rosberg have the fastest car in sector three so looking forward to some overtaking from the Mercedes guys.

Also good to see Schumacher hasn't lost his wet weather skills and he is still improving with the 2010 car. Good effort.

#7474 iakhtar

iakhtar

• 184 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 17:28

Disapointing as MS has been this year I have a feeling alot of people are going to eat crow next season once he gets out of that Jenson Button abomination. Wishful thinking perhaps but being an aggressive driver that car was never going to do him any favours at all. Watching Button struggle in a McLaren really shows how differently it must be designed.

#7475 Urawa

Urawa

• 1,135 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 17:29

He said he´s disappointed and believes that there was much more possible today. He had to let Webber and Vettel through on his warm-up lap, leaving the dry line, which might have had an influence on tyre temperature.

Edited by Urawa, 06 November 2010 - 17:30.

#7476 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 3,218 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 17:35

What is the weather prediction for tomorrow? Michael looked superb out there in the tricky conditions today

#7477 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 18:53

Pirelli urges support for aggressive tyres
http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/87984
Christmas come early for Michael. :)

#7478 Scotracer

Scotracer

• 2,722 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 18:55

Hello Michael :wave:

#7479 7timesbetterthantherest

7timesbetterthantherest

• 192 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 20:04

I was hoping for a BIG surprise and wished Michael to be in the TOP 3 today but then I saw he was 2 sec+ behind at the end . so who knows what happenned .... :confused:

Im both happy and somewhat dissapointed .... :down:

Schumacher might end up on the podium if weather conditions come into play for the race ...

Michael Schumacher is still the best driver in F1 - always has and always will be , even at 41 ! :wave:

Advertisement

#7480 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 20:19

I was hoping for a BIG surprise and wished Michael to be in the TOP 3 today but then I saw he was 2 sec+ behind at the end . so who knows what happenned .... :confused:

Im both happy and somewhat dissapointed .... :down:

Schumacher might end up on the podium if weather conditions come into play for the race ...

Michael Schumacher is still the best driver in F1 - always has and always will be , even at 41 ! :wave:

it seemed mercedes messed up and sent him out to late his tyres apeared to finally get up to temprature in sector 3 on his last lap.

on his warm up lap he had to move off the dry line onto the wet track to allow the red bulls passed aswell which cant have helped.

everyone else stayed out on track doing laps keeping the tyres warm while mercedes opted to have michael sit in the garage.

#7481 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,563 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 21:00

Another missed opportunity for a great result. Bah

#7482 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,203 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 21:43

Another missed opportunity for a great result. Bah

Yes, eighth on the grid is deplorable considering Hülkenberg, of all people, in a Williams (!) scored the pole.
Germany has a new Regenmeister, his name is Hülkenberg.

And Rubens again ahead of Michael...

#7483 NZX_Lorne

NZX_Lorne

• 202 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 22:23

It was a pretty good job from Michael today, lately he does seem to be getting more of a handle on things. However, before claims of; best driver in F1 can be made, he'll first have to beat Nico over the course of a season. And as for; always will be the best... that may be difficult for him to achieve, considering that before this season started, most polls (and expert opinions) didn't rate him as the best. :wave:

Edited by NZX_Lorne, 06 November 2010 - 22:24.

#7484 MikeTekRacing

MikeTekRacing

• 5,786 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 22:27

hat may be difficult for him to achieve, considering that before this season started, most polls (and expert opinions) didn't rate him as the best. :wave:

surely he can't sleep over those expert poles...

#7485 marcg

marcg

• 27 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 22:46

I was watching Q3 with Schumacher's onboard view only (there's a service for that in Germany). I think his outlap on the slicks was quite significant for him struggling to manage a good laptime with the slicks.
He had to let several cars past that were on their hotlaps, which meant that he not only had to slow down but also drive through several wet areas. So I suppose it's no wonder his tyre temps and pressures weren't really good for the hotlaps.
Especially on his first flying lap with the slicks he was sliding all over the place, litereally no grip at all. It was better on his second lap, but far from optimal I guess.
I guess that's some explanation for his rather bad performance in the end, compared to what could have been possible.

#7486 NZX_Lorne

NZX_Lorne

• 202 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 23:02

surely he can't sleep over those expert poles...

Expert poles? Senna already owns the record for expert poles and I'm sure Michael accepted that fact a long time ago. As for the polls I was talking about, none of us can really say how much (if any) sleep Michael loses over them. My guess is that Michael (currently) spends more time tossing and turning worrying about whether next years tyres will provide enough grip to allow him and his buddy (Felipe) to get closer to their respective teammates.

#7487 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 05:24

Expert poles? Senna already owns the record for expert poles

And as for; always will be the best... that may be difficult for him to achieve, considering that before this season started, most polls (and expert opinions) didn't rate him as the best.

As Senna holds no pole records I have to ask what does "expert pole" mean by your definition?

You are mistaken, most English based polls do not, however most European ones do and surprise, surprise most South American polls give it to Senna or Fangio - hell, I've even seen a French poll give it to Prost, who would have figured that .... :lol:

Just to help with your education this is the dictionary's meaning of the word "best"

best (bst)
adj.
Superlative of good.
1. Surpassing all others in excellence, achievement, or quality; most excellent: the best performer;

n.
1. One that surpasses all others.

tr.v.
best·ed, best·ing, bests
To get the better of; beat:

Schumacher's 7xWDC and 91 GP's is the best, therefore he is the best by definition.

#7488 baddog

baddog

• 23,624 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 06:20

Yes, eighth on the grid is deplorable considering Hülkenberg, of all people, in a Williams (!) scored the pole.

Now I KNOW that you know why Michael didnt get a really good time in Q3.. I KNOW you read everything that comes out and know that his team screwed up by releasing him into the path of cars on their fast lap, causing him to go off line and slow on his outlap losing the temp in his tyres, which once gone will not come back. I know that you know he made no errors on his laps and that his actual speed here was as good as anyones (as we saw on the inters). I also know you know that the secret to Hulks fantastic performance was that he had a very aggressive and uninterrupted out lap and therefore got a better tyre temp going than everyone else. Combined with a mistake free 2 laps that gave him a pole which is huge credit to him and the team.

Knowing you know this (you being an informed and smart fan), I am bemused by your posting.

#7489 Spa95

Spa95

• 861 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 06:55

Good info. I gave up when i saw sector 1 time on his last lap. half a second faster than his last but still half a second slower than the best.

Sorry, I just realised that his fastest third sector (18.2) must have been from the intermediate tyre running and not from the time he was out on slicks.

#7490 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,563 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 07:07

You can do much better than that. I think you are a little bit sad that Michael didn't get a great result and decided to show your frustration with a post that makes no sense. :wave:

#7491 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 07:13

Now I KNOW that you know why Michael didnt get a really good time in Q3.. I KNOW you read everything that comes out and know that his team screwed up by releasing him into the path of cars on their fast lap, causing him to go off line and slow on his outlap losing the temp in his tyres, which once gone will not come back. I know that you know he made no errors on his laps and that his actual speed here was as good as anyones (as we saw on the inters). I also know you know that the secret to Hulks fantastic performance was that he had a very aggressive and uninterrupted out lap and therefore got a better tyre temp going than everyone else. Combined with a mistake free 2 laps that gave him a pole which is huge credit to him and the team.

Knowing you know this (you being an informed and smart fan), I am bemused by your posting.

.... and not a word of the decency of Schumacher totally giving up his chance at a better grid position to let the WDC contenders do their thing. :up:

Shame Rosberg couldn't get a decent session together to give a fairer comparison to see if MS is still improving or not but every driver has "those weekends" hope for better luck for Rosberg in the race.

Grats to Hulkenberg he also had one of "those weekends" (so far) but for the right reasons, hopefully a taste of success even in the form of a pole will inspire his driving further as often has happened to drivers in GP history.

#7492 carbonfibre

carbonfibre

• 6,295 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 10:07

O what a great job by Rubens, all he has to do is be in front of michael and his year is perfect. To bad though his rookie teammate is a "bit" further up the grid he.;)

Michael had again a bit of bad luck in the 3rd part of quali. I believe he could have been up the order a bit but still he did a good job yesterday. Now let's see what today's race will bring. :)

Edited by carbonfibre, 07 November 2010 - 10:08.

#7493 Cheap Wine Alesi

Cheap Wine Alesi

• 2,723 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 11:09

He just needed more laps. He have 1-2 fast laps, when others have 5-6 fast laps. Hulk use his laps best. Bad judgement of situation.

on drys? Michael did 2 fast laps on dry tyres, others did 3. What a huge difference.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

#7494 vovelo

vovelo

• 87 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 11:23

http://www.mediafire...f0o02x3g0izdto4
Michael's laps on dry tyres in Q3 (include complete out lap and two flying laps). 138 Mb
Footage has been taken from Mercedes Onboard channel (so footage came from Onboard cam on Schumi car ).
Big Thanks to McR for sharing it :up:

Edited by vovelo, 07 November 2010 - 11:25.

#7495 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 12:08

:wave:

on drys? Michael did 2 fast laps on dry tyres, others did 3. What a huge difference.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

He did one fast lap on dry tyres, what is the problem with you that it's reported here, on TV and all over the internet but you can't keep up?

For your attention, each lap on dry tyres Hulkenburg gained an extra second aprox over the previous lap.

The extra lap Hulk got in (by just 4 seconds) was over one second faster than the lap before that.

Hulk

Most of the others also went around 1 second quicker after their proper warm up lap, Schumacher's time was his warm up lap. Had Schumacher not done the right thing and moved over for Red Bull cars he had a realistic chance of the 2nd row let alone the teams mistake overall.

Up until that point Schumacher was 0.04 behind Hamilton in second place in the rain, Hulkenberg was a further half second back with the others - yeah, the new rainmaster .... :well:

#7496 Boing 2

Boing 2

• 2,537 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 12:28

Quick theory time.

Interlagos has a lot of elevational changes and because of this a lot of downhill corner entries, presumeably when the cars are pointing down a steep hill it affects weight distribution and places more weight over the front wheels. If this is true maybe this is neutralising some of the cars inherint understeer which is why Schumacher is finding more speed at this track?

#7497 Urawa

Urawa

• 1,135 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 12:38

http://www.motorspor...n_10110714.html

The Pirelli sporting director confirmed that they´ll deliver a stronger front tyre next year

"Uns war klar, dass einige Teams mit den schmaleren Vorderreifen dieser Saison etwas Probleme hatten. Wir mussten den vorderen Pneu also etwas robuster gestalten. Die Frage ist allerdings immer noch, wie sich die nächstjährigen Fahrzeuge verhalten werden. Es gibt einige ungewisse Faktoren, aber wir probieren es in Abu Dhabi an den diesjährigen Autos mal aus."

#7498 Cheap Wine Alesi

Cheap Wine Alesi

• 2,723 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 12:42

He did one fast lap on dry tyres, what is the problem with you that it's reported here, on TV and all over the internet but you can't keep up?

For your attention, each lap on dry tyres Hulkenburg gained an extra second aprox over the previous lap.

The extra lap Hulk got in (by just 4 seconds) was over one second faster than the lap before that.

Hulk

Most of the others also went around 1 second quicker after their proper warm up lap, Schumacher's time was his warm up lap. Had Schumacher not done the right thing and moved over for Red Bull cars he had a realistic chance of the 2nd row let alone the teams mistake overall.

Up until that point Schumacher was 0.04 behind Hamilton in second place in the rain, Hulkenberg was a further half second back with the others - yeah, the new rainmaster .... :well:

Schumacher had 2 fast laps on dry tyres, well, at least he had 2 attempts. Quite enough IMO. Hamilton had 3, so did Alonso and Red Bull guys. Hamilton purpled on his first fast lap on dry tyres. Schumacher was unable to do anything special. Just accept it.

#7499 RedBaron

RedBaron

• 2,841 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 12:58

Schumacher had 2 fast laps on dry tyres, well, at least he had 2 attempts. Quite enough IMO. Hamilton had 3, so did Alonso and Red Bull guys. Hamilton purpled on his first fast lap on dry tyres. Schumacher was unable to do anything special. Just accept it.

Maybe that's the best the car could do, Schumacher was the fastest of the two Mercedes drivers and the only one who managed to get into Q3, so we can only presume Schumacher got the maximum out of the car as the fastest driver on the day.

Or is that statement as absurd as yours?

Advertisement

#7500 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,563 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 12:58

Schumacher was unable to do anything special. Just accept it.

Because it wasn't up to him. It was a bad release.

On thr intermediates he was 3rd with an equal time to Webber.