Photo

Michael Schumacher (merged)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20789 replies to this topic

#7501 RedBaron

RedBaron

• 2,799 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 13:01

I can't wait for the race to get under way today, it's 1pm in London... normally we'd have a race by now!

Advertisement

#7502 Wilgot

Wilgot

• 121 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 14:16

Because it wasn't up to him. It was a bad release.

On thr intermediates he was 3rd with an equal time to Webber.

Actually, I believe he was 2nd, something like .04 behind Hamilton?

#7503 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • RC Forum Admin

• 16,822 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 17:09

Race discussion is here, please;

http://forums.autosp...howtopic=138205

#7504 Tarzaan

Tarzaan

• 1,217 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 17:38

Superb Merc tactic for Schumi again :down: :down: :down:

Edited by Tarzaan, 07 November 2010 - 17:38.

#7505 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,556 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 17:39

The conclusion is : there isn't much to say after what happened today.

#7506 PoliFanAthic

PoliFanAthic

• 642 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 17:40

Can someone explain what happened at the second stop? Did both drivers stop?

I could see Rosberg stopped twice and one stop was a disaster. So how could he be in front of Michael?

#7507 vovelo

vovelo

• 87 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 17:41

Good race for Michael anyway .

No words about team's pit-strategy for Michael and Kubica's action in turn 1 :down:

Edited by vovelo, 07 November 2010 - 17:49.

#7508 Wilgot

Wilgot

• 121 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 17:41

Great start as usual, I think he had passed at least two cars into the first corner? Went wide in the second corner (pushed?) and dropped back a lot. Nice overtake on Button. Horrible pit stop strategy (as usual? :/)

#7509 vovelo

vovelo

• 87 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 17:43

I could see Rosberg stopped twice and one stop was a disaster. So how could he be in front of Michael?

I guess Nico overtook Michael at the restart.

#7510 dav115

dav115

• 718 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 17:43

Great start as usual, I think he had passed at least two cars into the first corner? Went wide in the second corner (pushed?) and dropped back a lot. Nice overtake on Button. Horrible pit stop strategy (as usual? :/)

He got shunted off the track in turn 2 by Kubica.

#7511 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,556 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 17:44

At least the race pace was really good. Start was good, too bad the way the fight with Kubica ended.

Edited by Diablobb81, 07 November 2010 - 17:45.

#7512 carbonfibre

carbonfibre

• 6,292 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 17:44

He got pushed very far onto the curbs/grass (high curbs) by Kubica so he did fall back two cars there, a shame. And ofcourse after the great first pitstop tactic by his team there is no much to say.

Mercedes really need to look at their team and get some good folks in there for next year, this is just becoming ridiculous.

Edited by carbonfibre, 07 November 2010 - 17:44.

#7513 Dan333SP

Dan333SP

• 602 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 17:45

SPEED's guys are saying MSC let him by as a repayment for Rosberg's bad luck with the botched stop? That'd be oddly gentlemanly of him...

#7514 Tarzaan

Tarzaan

• 1,217 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 17:46

Good race for Michael anyway .

No words about team's pit-strategy for Michael and Kubica's action in turn 1 :down:

I dont't see Kubica's move. Could somebody link a video about this please?

#7515 Wilgot

Wilgot

• 121 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 17:47

SPEED's guys are saying MSC let him by as a repayment for Rosberg's bad luck with the botched stop? That'd be oddly gentlemanly of him...

Odd indeed, did it even cost him anything? Or would he have been ahead of Schumacher otherwise?

#7516 mani1

mani1

• 82 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 17:49

At the start of the year I was thinking that whoever is responsible for Mercedes Strategy should be publicly hanged but now my reaction is that if you hate Schumacher so much, why not shoot him and kill him instantly instead of ruining his race, each race at a time. We saw strategy fuckups once again.

Strategy Fuckups

1)MSC was going faster than ROS, HULK, KUB & SUT but still they pit him for the first pitstop which makes him stuck behind SUT. There was no need for the pitstop as MSC was much faster than all of them. Even an idiot with Live Timing could tell, MSC should have pitted 3/4 laps later so that he came out ahead of SUT

1)During SC, MSC could have pitted with supersofts and not lose a single second/race position yet Mercedes chose their favourite ROS who pitted twice and still did not lose a second and was still 0.5 sec behind MSC. I ask, why did Mercedes did not pit MSC who was on Old mediums? If they had, atleast we would have seen a fight between ROS and MSC for position. But no Mercedes had to give new tyres to ROS so that he could easily pass MSC.

I believe this is too much. A word or two from MSC is in order

#7517 dav115

dav115

• 718 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 17:51

Odd indeed, did it even cost him anything? Or would he have been ahead of Schumacher otherwise?

Rosberg was on brand new softs behind Michael on worn primes, so it would have been pointless Michael trying to keep him behind anyway. Michael probably hoped to follow Nico through the traffic.

#7518 SparkPlug

SparkPlug

• 491 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 18:00

At the start of the year I was thinking that whoever is responsible for Mercedes Strategy should be publicly hanged but now my reaction is that if you hate Schumacher so much, why not shoot him and kill him instantly instead of ruining his race, each race at a time. We saw strategy fuckups once again.

Strategy Fuckups

1)MSC was going faster than ROS, HULK, KUB & SUT but still they pit him for the first pitstop which makes him stuck behind SUT. There was no need for the pitstop as MSC was much faster than all of them. Even an idiot with Live Timing could tell, MSC should have pitted 3/4 laps later so that he came out ahead of SUT

1)During SC, MSC could have pitted with supersofts and not lose a single second/race position yet Mercedes chose their favourite ROS who pitted twice and still did not lose a second and was still 0.5 sec behind MSC. I ask, why did Mercedes did not pit MSC who was on Old mediums? If they had, atleast we would have seen a fight between ROS and MSC for position. But no Mercedes had to give new tyres to ROS so that he could easily pass MSC.

I believe this is too much. A word or two from MSC is in order

Actually, there is an explanation for both
1. Mercedes were simply reacting to Button's pitstop, thats why they pitted MS with Hamilton. As it turned out, Button ended up jumping MS in the pits. Perhaps they reacted too late, and not too early as you are suggesting.

2. Team orders at this stage makes perfect sense to me. Rosberg has been faster for most of the year, and he has a chance at catching Massa in the WDC and stretching his lead over Kubica. So, why not ?

Check out the standings :
Massa 143
Rosberg 130
Kubica 126

Its quite close I would say, and Schumacher fans of all people shouldnt be complaining of team orders ?  ;)

#7519 Massa

Massa

• 4,354 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 18:07

Team order for a 6th place ? It's stupid. Mercedes said that they not fight with Renault for the 4th place in WDC, and they want the 6th place for Rosberg ?

Edited by Massa, 07 November 2010 - 18:08.

Advertisement

#7520 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 18:09

Michael was last in the same lap with leaders, he was last of all cars on the track(7th in classification). When Nico pit he get behind Michael ,so he was last on the track. So he didn't lose anything when he pit one more time. Why they didn't pit Michael too, he was also last, if they pit him second time before Nico 3rd time he could stay ahead of him. But ,this was not the plan. They both can change their tyres without loosing place. MGP just decided to save one set of tyres , to save some money.

#7521 Tarzaan

Tarzaan

• 1,217 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 18:09

1. Mercedes were simply reacting to Button's pitstop, thats why they pitted MS with Hamilton. As it turned out, Button ended up jumping MS in the pits. Perhaps they reacted too late, and not too early as you are suggesting.

2. Team orders at this stage makes perfect sense to me. Rosberg has been faster for most of the year, and he has a chance at catching Massa in the WDC and stretching his lead over Kubica. So, why not ?

Massa 143
Rosberg 130
Kubica 126

Its quite close I would say, and Schumacher fans of all people shouldnt be complaining of team orders ? ;)

Not for a P6...

#7522 Spa95

Spa95

• 861 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 18:10

Schumacher confirming that he let Rosberg past at the restart because he was much faster (If only Rosberg would have done the same at Suzuka).

#7523 mani1

mani1

• 82 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 18:11

Massa 143
Rosberg 130
Kubica 126

Its quite close I would say, and Schumacher fans of all people shouldnt be complaining of team orders ? ;)

1)BUT was lapping faster than MSC and he had pitted long time ago. There was no way MSC could have pitted and started challenging BUT again. Then, even if the geniuses at Mercedes thought MSC could challenge BUT, they couldn't have waited for two laps so that he could jump SUT? No, the geniuses thought SUT would somehow magically disappear

#7524 iakhtar

iakhtar

• 183 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 18:12

It's just frustrating to see consistantly bad strategy calls for MS, some of them have been beyond belief, you don't even need live timing to figure it out. I just hope there's nothing dodgy going on behind the scenes.

#7525 Beyond

Beyond

• 375 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 18:13

mercedes is fuxxing up too many races for michael. you must be dumb to make him pit when there's sutil coming... then no new set like rosberg at the end.

#7526 Urawa

Urawa

• 1,135 posts

I would not complain if they just admit they´re using MS as a testing donkey or strategy whatever thing.
A simple "yes the 6th place in the WDC is important for us and we do everything we can to achieve it"midseason would have been enough to say where the preference is

#7527 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

TEAM ORDER twice in one race. New record.

#7528 Spa95

Spa95

• 861 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 18:15

I would not complain if they just admit they´re using MS as a testing donkey or strategy whatever thing.
A simple "yes the 6th place in the WDC is important for us and we do everything we can to achieve it"midseason would have been enough to say where the preference is

Hear! Hear! :up:

Edited by Spa95, 07 November 2010 - 18:15.

#7529 GoRacing

GoRacing

• 291 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 18:16

That Kubica moron is just pushing too many drivers off the track and doesnt even get reprimanded. MS would have been 6th and well clear of Nico and had a real shot at beating Hamilton into 4th place if Kubica had not pushed him wide.

Edited by GoRacing, 07 November 2010 - 18:23.

#7530 Tarzaan

Tarzaan

• 1,217 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 18:17

Schumacher confirming that he let Rosberg past at the restart because he was much faster (If only Rosberg would have done the same at Suzuka).

It was a very stupid decision from Schumi. I much like his Hungaroring 2010/Monaco 2010 form.

TEAM ORDER twice in one race. New record.

Agreed.

Very sad thatSchumi loose a lot of points because of Mercs tactics.

Melbourne(after his second pit stop)
Monaco
Montreal
Valencia
Hockenheim
Suzuka
Interlagos

Edited by Tarzaan, 07 November 2010 - 18:21.

#7531 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 3,116 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 18:25

I don't mind Schumacher letting Rosberg through as long as Rosberg and Mercedes publicly acknowledge this.

It would also certainly put to rest the 'Schumi does not deserve a place in F1' bandwagon.

#7532 george1981

george1981

• 784 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 18:32

I think Schumacher and Rosberg were 7th and 6th respectively when the safety car came out and the last two of the unlapped cars. Rosberg came in got new tyres which allowed him to rejoin in 7th because of where the pack was behind the safety car. The team made an error with the tyres but had the option to correct it and Rosberg could still get out in 7th and catch up on the back of the Schumacher in 6th. Whether Schumacher gave him the place or not doesn't matter because Rosberg with his fresh tyres would have got past him.

What I think is more unusual is why didn't Mercedes bring Schumacher in for new tyres? When the 3 other cars around him did. At worst he would have been 7th but would have been on the same tyres as the rest.

#7533 Urawa

Urawa

• 1,135 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 18:35

:rotfl:

Just saw the interview with Michael. "We pitted a bit too early again this race" and he was raising his eyebrow and smiled

It was like a "wtf were they thinking again" moment

Edited by Urawa, 07 November 2010 - 18:37.

#7534 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 18:38

:rotfl:

Just saw the interview with Michael. "We pitted a bit too early again this race" and he was raising his eyebrow and smiled

yea hes not stupid he said he let rosberg past aswell

he might aswell try and get webbers spot at red bull less team orders :rotfl:

#7535 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,556 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 18:39

There are less team orders even at Ferrari. :rotfl:

#7536 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 18:41

michael rosberg is not faster than you, do you understand :rotfl:

MSC oh guys the tyres are going off i think maybe i have graining on the rears can you make sure there is traffic behind :down:

#7537 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 3,116 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 18:43

yea hes not stupid he said he let rosberg past aswell

he might aswell try and get webbers spot at red bull less team orders :rotfl:

Schumacher knows the score and is playing the team game.

I just wish the rest of the team had the integrity to admit this.

In Singapore it has recently transpired that he had a broken floor or something yet so many in the media just omit such things as well as the inter-team team orders that are so overtly going on.

#7538 baddog

baddog

• 23,522 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 19:00

Kubica is naughty, but Michael of all people is not going to complain about some bump and grind is he?

Bad strategy call dumping him behind an unpassable force india. That was what ruined the race and a possible 4th.

No complaints about the SC period though, and in the end who cares? They got 6th-7th which was all that was available by then and nico needs the points more, let him by.

#7539 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 19:13

This is very true. More team orders for 7th in WDC. I understand it for 1st ,but not for 7th.

Advertisement

#7540 rm111

rm111

• 406 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 19:18

Kubica is naughty, but Michael of all people is not going to complain about some bump and grind is he?

Bad strategy call dumping him behind an unpassable force india. That was what ruined the race and a possible 4th.

No complaints about the SC period though, and in the end who cares? They got 6th-7th which was all that was available by then and nico needs the points more, let him by.

Ross Brawn has made a fair few uncharacteristically poor strategy decisions this year.
Schumis demeanour and position as a real team player has impressed me this year, hes still a great team leader.

#7541 slaveceru

slaveceru

• 180 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 19:28

In last few races Schumacher raised his performance in comparison to Rosberg and his pace in races is in the same level in comparison to Rosberg but he still has problems with qualification. He deserve his place in Mercedes team. He showed that he is a team player and the best second driver on the grid. He is also the test donkey for the strategy calls.

#7542 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 20:47

Why you call team decisions, wrong strategy call?? It is their plan to do it, to achieve result they wanted and they achieved it. Didn't see anything wrong here.

#7543 pRy

pRy

• 10,961 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 20:49

Was that the first time Schumacher has on record allowed a team mate to pass him for position?

#7544 dav115

dav115

• 718 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 20:50

Was that the first time Schumacher has on record allowed a team mate to pass him for position?

Far from it. Off the top of my head, the extra stopping Barrichello in Imola '03 (who was hotlapping to try and jump (Raikkonen?) in the pitstops, Malaysia '99 where he let Irvine pass him twice in the same race in order for Irvine to win.

Edited by dav115, 07 November 2010 - 20:51.

#7545 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,556 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 20:51

He's just mentally preparing Rosberg for next year. :lol: :clap:

Seriously, it's just mind games after what happened at Suzuka.

#7546 FerrariF1Fan

FerrariF1Fan

• 326 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 20:57

Rosberg wouldn't do it, he is happy now being in the position where the team is favoring him in order to try to jump Felipe in the standings (which won't happen anyway) and he is using it in order to build an image for himself while Schumacher being too nice to him right now.

#7547 smitten

smitten

• 1,447 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 21:03

I very clearly remember him letting his brother unlap himself on the final lap. Somebody else DNF'd and Ralf picked up an extra place.

Not for position, obviously, but very wily.

Edited by smitten, 07 November 2010 - 21:03.

#7548 MikeTekRacing

MikeTekRacing

• 5,775 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 21:05

somebody clearly didn't watch malaysia 1999
or barcelona..was it 2001? when with car trouble he helped rubens pass both him and ralf

Edited by MikeTekRacing, 07 November 2010 - 21:05.

#7549 tohru222

tohru222

• 109 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 21:06

so everybody was bashing Ferrari like crazy after Germany but when Mercedes do it, it is ok or what?

#7550 MikeTekRacing

MikeTekRacing

• 5,775 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 21:10

it's not for the win, not midseason and we have no clue it wasn't ms's own decision