Photo

Michael Schumacher (merged)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20770 replies to this topic

#7551 Wilgot

Wilgot

• 121 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 16:13

- First corners of the race. (watch from about 1:05) ... I definitely think Kubica could have given him a little bit more room! :)

- Schumacher overtakes Button. (very short clip)

Advertisement

#7552 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 16:44

- First corners of the race. (watch from about 1:05) ... I definitely think Kubica could have given him a little bit more room! :)

- Schumacher overtakes Button. (very short clip)

kubica needs to be told to stop doing that crap he did it to schumacher in canada.

he did it to alonso at silverstone

how many others has he done it to?

#7553 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • RC Forum Admin

• 17,621 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 17:09

As it's becoming more general, please take the Kubica discussion to another thread.

#7554 SchumiP1

SchumiP1

• 92 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 17:16

So, now that Brazil is behind us and Schumacher for some reason didn't get to the podium, what needs to be done to achieve it in Abu Dhabi? They better not force Schumacher to play the team game this time, let the old man drive for himself for once, for crying out loud! Rosberg has had enough positions handed to him by Schumacher just for 7th place in the WDC?!
Hopefully Michael can just go all the way in Abu Dhabi.

#7555 MikeTekRacing

MikeTekRacing

• 5,820 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 17:28

oh come on...there is no point in feeding the schumi bashers like this

he's had a bad season and he plays the team game.
that's all there is to it

#7556 Muz Bee

Muz Bee

• 2,531 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 19:33

A suggestion - why don't Michael's more blinkered fans just admit that they believe that like Ferrari, MS should have his own set of rules, like Hungary disgrace. Didn't see a lot of the rabid fans baying for Michael to be suspended like Derek Warwick and most of the past WDCs.

Really amusing how Kubica is such a bad guy - my folks had a saying "sauce for the gander". Nobody is afraid to serve it BACK to Michael any more.

#7557 exmayol

exmayol

• 556 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 20:45

Nobody is afraid to serve it BACK to Michael any more.

Good for them. Yet only Michel is declared evil for racing hard. Episodes with other drivers doing it hard get no attention whatsoever..

#7558 Tarzaan

Tarzaan

• 1,322 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 21:08

Translates as : I know what team want , then I will play for the team, like in Germany, Spa, Japan.

true

#7559 Jazza

Jazza

• 1,054 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 04:21

How the hell can anyone blame Kubica in Brazil for MS going off? MS tried to drive around the outside of Kubica, and when MS went off the road onto the ripple strip his front wing was only level with Kubica's rear wheel. By time he even hit the grass Kubica was long gone.

Advertisement

#7560 Tarzaan

Tarzaan

• 1,322 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 06:01

How the hell can anyone blame Kubica in Brazil for MS going off? MS tried to drive around the outside of Kubica, and when MS went off the road onto the ripple strip his front wing was only level with Kubica's rear wheel. By time he even hit the grass Kubica was long gone.

wrong

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#7561 baddog

baddog

• 24,022 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 06:37

I would be hesistant to lie like that in a thunderstorm if I were you..

Honestly.. Kubica is BEHIND coming into the first apex of the corner, runs very badly wide coming across to the second part, loses his back end slightly, hits Michael
rear wheel to rear wheel forcing him to go off track and slow to avoid being taken out, cuts completely from one kerb to the other.. The exact opposite of what you said in fact.

#7562 baddog

baddog

• 24,022 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 06:53

Posted Image

Contract Kubicas wild lunge left to Alonso right in front of him.. he basically just drives Michael off the track.

#7563 Jazza

Jazza

• 1,054 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 07:45

I would be hesistant to lie like that in a thunderstorm if I were you..

Honestly.. Kubica is BEHIND coming into the first apex of the corner, runs very badly wide coming across to the second part, loses his back end slightly, hits Michael
rear wheel to rear wheel forcing him to go off track and slow to avoid being taken out, cuts completely from one kerb to the other.. The exact opposite of what you said in fact.

How is it a lie? MS is trying to go around the outside in the corner. Watch your own video. It is clear as day that the yellow car is on the inside, and the silver car the outside. I would also like to know what your idea of the apex is if you think that the yellow car is behind in any noticeable way. Alongside at worse, but behind at the apex?

Ill also stand by the comment that when MS goes on the ripple strip his front end is only alongside RK rear end, and when MS hits the grass RK is long gone. How about you add a few more frames to your little video. Lets see it show the complete opposite of what I said.

#7564 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 07:53

Ill also stand by the comment that when MS goes on the ripple strip his front end is only alongside RK rear end, and when MS hits the grass RK is long gone. How about you add a few more frames to your little video. Lets see it show the complete opposite of what I said.

are you blind? msc is completely along side him before he has to back off, kubica shouldnt be running people out of road like that the chance to block had long passed and its not the first time hes done it this season it seems to be a regular occurence with just about anyone who tries to over take him.
Posted Image
looks like he is about even going in to the corner to me, schumacher is also on the line people would usually take , ikubica wouldnt have ran schumacher out of road schumacher would have been the one on the inside even he pretty much is on this picture anyway

Edited by arknor, 09 November 2010 - 08:00.

#7565 Jazza

Jazza

• 1,054 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 08:15

are you blind? msc is completely along side him before he has to back off, kubica shouldnt be running people out of road like that the chance to block had long passed and its not the first time hes done it this season it seems to be a regular occurence with just about anyone who tries to over take him.

After defending Hungary this year, this is laughable.

Posted Image
looks like he is about even going in to the corner to me, schumacher is also on the line people would usually take , ikubica wouldnt have ran schumacher out of road schumacher would have been the one on the inside even he pretty much is on this picture anyway

Even more laughable. You drew a diagonal line across the track.

I'm not debating that they were along side at one point. However, anyone who wants to dispute that MS is the one on the outside is nuts. It is clear in all these picture that the corner turns right and RK is on the right hand side. MS is on the outside of the corner and is trying to go around the outside. By time they start to straighten up to head into the left hand corner MS is starting to drop back. By time MS goes off track he is no longer alongside.

#7566 PoliFanAthic

PoliFanAthic

• 647 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 08:22

Kubica was aggressive, as usual.

#7567 MCh000

MCh000

• 181 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 08:37

Contract Kubicas wild lunge left to Alonso right in front of him.. he basically just drives Michael off the track.

Hard to argue. The only question is whether Kubica did it on purpose or was driving too fast into the corner with attitude "it's all or nothing".

#7568 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 08:47

yes to show the front wing on the cars is on the same line you were attempting to argue schumacher wasnt even alongside him, when clearly he is as aslongside as you can get without beeing infront....

if kubica would have turned when you normally would schumacher would have been the one on the inside and he would have shot past kubica.

you can see from the imahes schumacher is going much faster until kubica forces him to back off.

if it happened to anyone other than schumacher it would be an entirely different story

Edited by arknor, 09 November 2010 - 08:48.

#7569 MikeTekRacing

MikeTekRacing

• 5,820 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 08:49

montoya wasn't kubica

#7570 Jazza

Jazza

• 1,054 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 08:54

Hard to argue. The only question is whether Kubica did it on purpose or was driving too fast into the corner with attitude "it's all or nothing".

Easy to argue. RK takes the same exit line as SV, NH, MW, and LH in front. Alnoso is the only one who took a tight exit. In other words RK line was perfectly normal, and not a result of driving too fast or tyring to have MS off.

If we want to comapre anyone to Alonso, how about MS. Why did he feel a need to take such a tight line into the corner forcing RK to go right up to the ripple strip? Notice how Alonso stayed to the left of the track going into the right hander, and MS went to the right? Now why would he do that? It wasn't to force RK to take a tighter line making him sacrifice corner speed was it? (which is perfectly acceptable hard and smart racing, but no harder than RK who was just taking the line for the corner.)

#7571 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 09:02

if it happened to anyone other than Schumacher it would be an entirely different story

Meh nothing - Shumacher never complains when drivers do something hard to him, he leaves it ontrack and always has and thats one of the things I like about him. I'm certain thats why not a lot is made about these incidents from his fans because they know he can take it. He even praised Rosberg after Spa and Suzuka for hard driving.

Edited by cheapracer, 09 November 2010 - 09:04.

#7572 Jazza

Jazza

• 1,054 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 09:03

yes to show the front wing on the cars is on the same line you were attempting to argue schumacher wasnt even alongside him, when clearly he is as aslongside as you can get without beeing infront....

Quote from myself:Im not debating that they were along side at one point

if kubica would have turned when you normally would schumacher would have been the one on the inside and he would have shot past kubica.

you can see from the imahes schumacher is going much faster until kubica forces him to back off.

He turned the same as 4 of the 5 cars in front. It is normal!

Also, since MS was alongside at the apex, yet was behind by time they got to the ripple strip on the exit, I fail to see proof that MS was going much faster

if it happened to anyone other than schumacher it would be an entirely different story

Your right. You wouldn't care. Or if MS was in the yellow car, you would be blaming the silver one.

#7573 Jazza

Jazza

• 1,054 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 09:05

Meh nothing - Shumacher never complains when drivers do something hard to him, he leaves it ontrack and always has and thats one of the things I like about him. I'm certain thats why not a lot is made about these incidents from his fans because they know he can take it. He even praised Rosberg after Spa and Suzuka for hard driving.

Only if you don't include him accusing drivers of trying to kill him, or that they should just get a gun :rolleyes:

#7574 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 09:11

Only if you don't include him accusing drivers of trying to kill him, or that they should just get a gun :rolleyes:

What are you lonely today or something, snowing bad outside maybe?

No I don't include that, that was an extreme incident of which MS was quite happy to go one on one right there and then.

#7575 Jazza

Jazza

• 1,054 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 09:17

What are you lonely today or something, snowing bad outside maybe?

No I don't include that, that was an extreme incident of which MS was quite happy to go one on one right there and then.

A bit overcast, a bit cool for an Australian November maybe, but no snow thanks.

One on one? Spa yes, Canada?

#7576 SpeedyS

SpeedyS

• 236 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 11:14

I'm not debating that they were along side at one point. However, anyone who wants to dispute that MS is the one on the outside is nuts. It is clear in all these picture that the corner turns right and RK is on the right hand side. MS is on the outside of the corner and is trying to go around the outside. By time they start to straighten up to head into the left hand corner MS is starting to drop back. By time MS goes off track he is no longer alongside.

Of course he was not, RK was cutting accross him MS had to hit the brakes and go onto the grass if he had not it would have be a DNF..

#7577 SpeedyS

SpeedyS

• 236 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 11:16

Of course he was not, RK was cutting accross him MS had to hit the brakes and go onto the grass if he had not it would have be a DNF..

#7578 SpeedyS

SpeedyS

• 236 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 11:18

montoya wasn't kubica

:up:

#7579 One

One

• 6,527 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 11:22

I read the piece on autosport news. He let Nico pass during the Brazil GP.

When is his retirement?

Advertisement

#7580 Jazza

Jazza

• 1,054 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 11:23

Hit the brakes? Go onto the grass? He tried to go along the curb and slid a bit resulting in him putting two wheels on the grass and loosing a bit of speed. It wasn't like he had to do an emergency move and jump off the track.

#7581 MikeTekRacing

MikeTekRacing

• 5,820 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 11:33

wow, the car slid towards the inside of the turn
really, wow

#7582 Jazza

Jazza

• 1,054 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 11:38

wow, the car slid towards the inside of the turn
really, wow

I assume that post was in response to mine, so what exactly does it mean? (sorry if it was for someone else)

#7583 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 11:44

be fun next year when schumacher is fighhting for the championship ill laugh if he cuts hamilton up alot and drives him into a wall

#7584 MikeTekRacing

MikeTekRacing

• 5,820 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 11:47

he races hard and he is ok if he is raced hard
I don't see any problem in this

#7585 SpeedyS

SpeedyS

• 236 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 11:48

Hit the brakes? Go onto the grass? He tried to go along the curb and slid a bit resulting in him putting two wheels on the grass and loosing a bit of speed. It wasn't like he had to do an emergency move and jump off the track.

Hit the brakes, easied of the gas, downshifted does not matter! he slowed due to KR giving him no room even tho he was longside. ISo where was he going to go if he had not jumped of the track??

Edited by SpeedyS, 09 November 2010 - 11:51.

#7586 SpeedyS

SpeedyS

• 236 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 11:52

I read the piece on autosport news. He let Nico pass during the Brazil GP.

When is his retirement?

End of 2012 after 1 more championship in the bag :clap:

#7587 Jazza

Jazza

• 1,054 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 11:53

Hit the brakes, easied of the gas, downshifted does not matter! he slowed due to KR giving him no room even tho he was longside

But they were only alongside as they entered the corner. Kubica had the racing line and as they exited the corner he started to pull ahead. In this situation it is always the responsibility of the driver on the outside to concede.

#7588 SpeedyS

SpeedyS

• 236 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 12:00

But they were only alongside as they entered the corner. Kubica had the racing line and as they exited the corner he started to pull ahead. In this situation it is always the responsibility of the driver on the outside to concede.

From where I am looking he was on the inside of he corner he went off track and outside of the corner before where they where along side.

As someone said it was hard racing, and MS does gives it that way so prehaps he cannot complain about taking it that way (and does not) but in my opinion a little strong from KR

#7589 One

One

• 6,527 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 12:23

End of 2012 after 1 more championship in the bag :clap:

It will not happen. :smoking:

Schumi is better off if he hung up his helm now. He will have no excuse the next year. your enthusiasm is killing him. Be a good fan of his, please. Give him a chance to leave in style.

#7590 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 12:25

Schumi is better off if he hung up his helm now. He will have no excuse the next year. your enthusiasm is killing him. Be a good fan of his, please. Give him a chance to leave in style.

pfft he already beat rosberg the last few races if it werent for the crappy stratergist...

msc easily had better pace than rosberg before the pitstop or maybe rosberg just let msc pull away at 0.2 + seconds a lap, or maybe it was that invisible car between the 2 slowing rosberg down :)

#7591 SpeedyS

SpeedyS

• 236 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 12:54

You cannot say "it will not happen" it is possible if Mercedes produce a Redbull of 2011. Yeah NR over the season has been stronger than MS, recently more equal but even at that look at MW and SV of Redbull 2009 compared to 2010, no one would have give MW a hope of leading SV going into the last race. Things do change and I believe MS has shown enough to at least say it is possible.

#7592 thrillercd

thrillercd

• 85 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 13:28

hey guys here is Schumacher's new movie and poster
Posted Image

#7593 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 15:54

Give him a chance to leave in style.

And you will of course .... :rolleyes:

#7594 salamin

salamin

• 1,692 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 16:13

Schumi is better off if he hung up his helm now. He will have no excuse the next year. your enthusiasm ...

is just like yours the other way

#7595 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 19:39

Like Kubica in Canada. I guess you mean inside(in the corner), Michael was inside in Brasil, as Kubica in Canada? But, he didn't concede there. So racing incident. But, at least Michael didn't send Kubica of the track. Like what Kubica did in Canada. But, I guess this time Michael just wanted to finish and to get points.

Edited by ivand911, 09 November 2010 - 19:44.

#7596 bestower

bestower

• 30 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 19:41

hey guys here is Schumacher's new movie and poster
Posted Image

Hahaha, King without Nuts

#7597 Jazza

Jazza

• 1,054 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 22:27

Like Kubica in Canada. I guess you mean inside(in the corner), Michael was inside in Brasil, as Kubica in Canada? But, he didn't concede there. So racing incident. But, at least Michael didn't send Kubica of the track. Like what Kubica did in Canada. But, I guess this time Michael just wanted to finish and to get points.

He was on the outside. Inside and outside is measured from the apex. How can MS be on the inside and kubica the outside, if they are going through a right hand corner and MS is on the left side of the track and RK the right side? The inside will always be the shorter distance and the outside the longest. MS is clearly taking the longer path, as he is trying to hang on around the outside of kubica.

I honestly can't remember what happened in Canada. I'll have to watch a replay of the race.

#7598 chrisblades85

chrisblades85

• 2,606 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 22:43

:confused:

As for the Robert incident. Not much in it.

#7599 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 22:47

He was on the outside. Inside and outside is measured from the apex. How can MS be on the inside and kubica the outside, if they are going through a right hand corner and MS is on the left side of the track and RK the right side? The inside will always be the shorter distance and the outside the longest. MS is clearly taking the longer path, as he is trying to hang on around the outside of kubica.

I honestly can't remember what happened in Canada. I'll have to watch a replay of the race.

I mean inside for next left corner(3rd). For the right corner Michael was out side, but he left space for Kubica. For next left corner Kubica didn't leave any space for Michael. He just send him off the track between right and left corner.

Edited by ivand911, 09 November 2010 - 22:49.

Advertisement

#7600 MikeTekRacing

MikeTekRacing

• 5,820 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 22:48

michael was out in turn 3 not in turn2