Photo

Michael Schumacher (merged)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20770 replies to this topic

#7601 Jazza

Jazza

• 1,054 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 22:58

I mean inside for next left corner(3rd). For the right corner Michael was out side, but he left space for Kubica. For next left corner Kubica didn't leave any space for Michael.

Ok, i see what you mean now. But that corner is still 50 meters away. If you look on the picture you can see Sebastian is on the long apex of turn 3. They still had a bit of a micro straight to go before they were at that corner, and where MS went off was the exit of turn 2. MS was certainly not in a position to have any claim to that oncoming corner, as he was already falling behind on the exit of turn turn 2 (compare the front wings on the cars. In the entry of the corner MS front wing was slightly ahead, but by the middle he was slightly behind. As they go to the exit it was now behind RK front wheels, and by time he got to the ripple strip it was along Side RK rear wheels. He was loosing ground, as he was off the racing line and traveling the longer path.)

Advertisement

#7602 Racing Dutchman

Racing Dutchman

• 542 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 00:04

Q: What was the first CD that you bought?
MS: It was an LP - I think some hard rock, metal stuff.

Lol, it is on the official F1 website. Just shows how old Michael is, even the questions in 1 to 1 interviews are not in his generation anymore :D

And i shit my pants with this one

Q: What was your worst-ever buy?
MS: That changes with every fashion change.
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Edited by Racing Dutchman, 10 November 2010 - 00:05.

#7603 baddog

baddog

• 24,024 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 00:34

In the entry of the corner MS front wing was slightly ahead, but by the middle he was slightly behind. As they go to the exit it was now behind RK front wheels

Well you started out as 'Michaels front wheel was by Kubicas rear wing' so you are getting there.

I would ask you to look again though, and see that when Kubica lost the rear end and the cars touched, the impact was wheel to wheel both front and rear, which means noone was ahead..

Kubica was fully in his rights to defend the next corner, thats what we want to see, and if you had been right about him being quicker there he would have come out in front.. but in fact he would have come out still alongside and it was 50/50 on who would get the place. He pretty much just ran Michael off the track though.

I dont think anything should be done, I am sure Michael isnt complaining.. I wouldnt even be mentioning it except that you really misrepresented the situation and needed correcting.

#7604 zawisza

zawisza

• 565 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 01:10

Well you started out as 'Michaels front wheel was by Kubicas rear wing' so you are getting there.

I would ask you to look again though, and see that when Kubica lost the rear end and the cars touched, the impact was wheel to wheel both front and rear, which means noone was ahead..

Kubica was fully in his rights to defend the next corner, thats what we want to see, and if you had been right about him being quicker there he would have come out in front.. but in fact he would have come out still alongside and it was 50/50 on who would get the place. He pretty much just ran Michael off the track though.

I dont think anything should be done, I am sure Michael isnt complaining.. I wouldnt even be mentioning it except that you really misrepresented the situation and needed correcting.

Actually I don't know who was quicker. All I know is that the one exiting the corner on the inside has the shorter path to run. Generally :cool: The fight with Robert put me on the grassthat was all Michael said about the incident.

Edited by zawisza, 10 November 2010 - 01:33.

#7605 baddog

baddog

• 24,024 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 01:46

Actually I don't know who was quicker. All I know is that the one exiting the corner on the inside has the shorter path to run. Generally :cool: The fight with Robert put me on the grassthat was all Michael said about the incident.

Well Michael would have come into the left hander on the inside, so you presumably think the corner was his?

#7606 Jazza

Jazza

• 1,054 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 03:09

Actually it was I who was correcting the few who were misrepresenting the situation. They were basically saying kubica should be banned for pushing MS off the track for what was nothing more than two cars fighting for position.

I also think there is a misunderstanding about me saying that MS front wing was level with kubica rear wing. I never claimed that to be the case in the entry or the middle of the corner. I said that by time MS was on the ripple strip his front wing was level with RK rear wing. In other words RK could not have pushed him off since they were not alongside at the point that MS went off the road. If the argument is that they hit midcorner when alongside... Well I never claimed otherwise. I fail to see how any of that is misrepresenting the situation that needs correcting.

#7607 baddog

baddog

• 24,024 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 03:59

Actually it was I who was correcting the few who were misrepresenting the situation. They were basically saying kubica should be banned for pushing MS off the track for what was nothing more than two cars fighting for position.

I also think there is a misunderstanding about me saying that MS front wing was level with kubica rear wing. I never claimed that to be the case in the entry or the middle of the corner. I said that by time MS was on the ripple strip his front wing was level with RK rear wing. In other words RK could not have pushed him off since they were not alongside at the point that MS went off the road. If the argument is that they hit midcorner when alongside... Well I never claimed otherwise. I fail to see how any of that is misrepresenting the situation that needs correcting.

The only reason he ever fell behind at all was that he had to back off to avoid being hit, and also he ran off the track for the same reason.. he had to back off AND run off track or get hit. watch the video, its not subtle.

#7608 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:14

No what is implied is that if it was MS doing the shoving then all the "cheat, unfair etc" history and accusations would be bought up....... AGAIN .

But when it's someone else who shoves MS then it's a non incident apparently.

#7609 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:17

Q: What was the first CD that you bought?
MS: It was an LP - I think some hard rock, metal stuff.

Lol, it is on the official F1 website. Just shows how old Michael is, even the questions in 1 to 1 interviews are not in his generation anymore :D

And i shit my pants with this one

Q: What was your worst-ever buy?
MS: That changes with every fashion change.
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

im only 29 and i still remember cassete tapes and lps.... as will alot ot the current drivers

#7610 Jazza

Jazza

• 1,054 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:45

No what is implied is that if it was MS doing the shoving then all the "cheat, unfair etc" history and accusations would be bought up....... AGAIN .

But when it's someone else who shoves MS then it's a non incident apparently.

Because it was a non incident. And if the cars were reversed it would still be a non incident. We see this stuff at the start of every race.

If a few MS hating douchebags want to say that an incident like this is cheating, unfair, etc (if MS was kubica), then let them make an arse of themselves. It is a serious victim mentality to think that because MS may be attacked in a situation like this, that his fans now have to attack any driver that has an incident with MS. 'I don't think that kubica did anything wrong, but if MS did this he would be called a cheat. So I better call kubica a cheat to make things even'. It causes nothing but escalating childishness.

#7611 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:51

Because it was a non incident. And if the cars were reversed it would still be a non incident. We see this stuff at the start of every race.

If a few MS hating douchebags want to say that an incident like this is cheating, unfair, etc (if MS was kubica), then let them make an arse of themselves. It is a serious victim mentality to think that because MS may be attacked in a situation like this, that his fans now have to attack any driver that has an incident with MS. 'I don't think that kubica did anything wrong, but if MS did this he would be called a cheat. So I better call kubica a cheat to make things even'. It causes nothing but escalating childishness.

Not me Mate, I'm a MS fan but more so I'm an aggressive driver fan - the very reason I like MS and Kubica recently.

#7612 Muz Bee

Muz Bee

• 2,531 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 08:49

be fun next year when schumacher is fighhting for the championship ill laugh if he cuts hamilton up alot and drives him into a wall

You've obviously never raced an open wheeler or motorcycle where your balls are on the line in such a situation else you wouldn't make such a crass remark. Cynical like Michael. Ignore.

#7613 MikeTekRacing

MikeTekRacing

• 5,820 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 09:19

if everybody would think like this we could have a better forum :up:

great to see that we can debate in a reasonable matter

for me I expect them to race hard, as hard as possible. ms would do the same to kubica without wasting a breath on it.
there are some guys that whine at every chance they get about the other drivers, but it's not the case with ms

#7614 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 09:27

You've obviously never raced an open wheeler or motorcycle where your balls are on the line in such a situation else you wouldn't make such a crass remark. Cynical like Michael. Ignore.

its hard racing, everyone says its fair when it happens to schumacher because he went over the line a few times...

beeing run out of road all well and fair when its kubica

#7615 Muz Bee

Muz Bee

• 2,531 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 09:40

its hard racing, everyone says its fair when it happens to schumacher because he went over the line a few times...

beeing run out of road all well and fair when its kubica

Live by the sword, die by the sword. Michael is finding this out as a new generation who lave inherited the rules of (barely) fair play he and Senna made fashionable aren't afraid of the big bad wolf.

Hungary was a shocker and to lay it down as "whinging" as some here like to do in echo of their hero, shows a lack of contextual understanding of the sport of motor racing. It is NEVER all right to seriously endanger another driver through intimidation. Seriously is the key word here as motor racing has always been dangerous. If you have any doubts about how great the peril in Michael's "block" was try picking up a copy of Motorsport magazine October and looking at the photo, the gap between Rubens' Williams and the wall. Then read the sober argument about why the move and it's almost complete lack of punishment degrades the ENTIRE motorsport ethic.

I for one don't want to see Michael badly injured (yes F1 is still dangerous) but I think it would be sweet irony if he were to be on the receiving end of some of the "blocks" that have been his trademark in both segments off his career. I have the highest regard for Kubica as a "hard but fair" player and haven't seen cause to rate the latest outbreak of Michael defending as anything but clutching at straws.

#7616 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 3,420 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 11:10

im only 29 and i still remember cassete tapes and lps.... as will alot ot the current drivers

Indeed. Some memories are like yesterday and some are like a million years ago.

When Schumacher last won a WDC, I was in college, 18 years old in my final year. College feels like a million years ago. Schumacher racing in 2004 feels like yesterday.

Now, I'm 24, married, with child and with my own business.

Time flies.

#7617 kar

kar

• 10,320 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 11:52

Live by the sword, die by the sword. Michael is finding this out as a new generation who lave inherited the rules of (barely) fair play he and Senna made fashionable aren't afraid of the big bad wolf.

True. But unlike it seems most, when Michael's on the receiving end, he doesn't piss and moan like a girl.

#7618 zawisza

zawisza

• 565 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 13:34

True. But unlike it seems most, when Michael's on the receiving end, he doesn't piss and moan like a girl.

I agree. He's grown on me this season due to the fact that.

baddog: Well Michael would have come into the left hander on the inside, so you presumably think the corner was his?

Sorry, my bad. I failed to see we weren't talking about reality. In reality you must finish exiting the first corner before you enter the second one but you're right. Michael would've come into the left hander on the inside. Why not? It would have been the fastest racing line for him on the inside...just behind Kubica. :p

#7619 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 13:42

Michael show maturity there in the fight with Kubica and in the end finish the race ahead of him. In the first corner you can only finish your race.

Advertisement

#7620 zawisza

zawisza

• 565 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 14:47

Michael show maturity there in the fight with Kubica and in the end finish the race ahead of him. In the first corner you can only finish your race.

Indeed. :)

#7621 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 15:42

Yeah, no. I am fortunate to have a bit of time this year and instant access to any year race in F1 modern times and I have watched a bunch of 80's to mid 90's races recently and MS took a lot of crap himself off a lot of other drivers - they all drove a lot harder on each other back then without a doubt. Of course that came about by having about 11 millionty times more passing/passing attempts back then too.

And he rarely said "boo" back then either about "this driver or that driver".

Edited by cheapracer, 10 November 2010 - 15:44.

#7622 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,755 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 16:43

Nice interview :http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/formel-1/michael-schumacher-rosberg-nicht-wie-britney-spears-3064976.html

"Rosberg not like Britney Spears" :rotfl:

#7623 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 10:41

Good FP1 for Michael on new track for him. I clearly see something changed in last 4-5 races with Michael. His trainings are very solid, not like before having problems to get in Top10 and staying at 13-14 places. I guess he was testing a lot before , which result in bad results. He didn't have time to focus in car set up, and was working on updates mainly.

#7624 Hacklerf

Hacklerf

• 2,336 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 10:49

Schumachers back

#7625 David1976

David1976

• 1,069 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 11:14

Good FP1 for Michael on new track for him. I clearly see something changed in last 4-5 races with Michael. His trainings are very solid, not like before having problems to get in Top10 and staying at 13-14 places. I guess he was testing a lot before , which result in bad results. He didn't have time to focus in car set up, and was working on updates mainly.

Agree. He is starting to look a lot more competitive. Bodes well for next year if Mercedes can deliver a car/tyre/engine combination to his liking next year.

#7626 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,447 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 11:43

Hey Ivan, I drove by south of Ruse Wednesday at 1 am on the way from Varna to Sofia!!! Was joyful to be in Bulgaria again.

I agree, something has changed with Michael and the old fire seems to be there again. 2011 might become interesting....

#7627 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 11:53

Hey Ivan, I drove by south of Ruse Wednesday at 1 am on the way from Varna to Sofia!!! Was joyful to be in Bulgaria again.

Maybe we can meet next time, I was in Ruse on Wednesday. It was good weather this week.

#7628 Spa95

Spa95

• 861 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 13:32

I like what I'm seeing thus far - particulary his last run was very good. Early days still, but so far so good. :up:

Edited by Spa95, 12 November 2010 - 13:33.

#7629 salamin

salamin

• 1,692 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 13:34

I like what I'm seeing thus far - particulary his last run was very good. Early days still, but so far so good. :up:

yeah his unfinished lap was worth a p2-p3

#7630 Ivanoff

Ivanoff

• 464 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 16:11

We brought to Abu Dhabi all the banners that we made through this season.
http://motorsport.ne...ov-1/018wri.jpg
Only two just yet were catched by photographers.
And this new one:
http://s012.radikal....077a494336c.jpg
In total there are now 10 banners on the main grandstand. 8 for Schumi, one for Felipe and one for Seb.
I can tell you, guys, that it was a tremendous work :)
The most interesting moment in this story that continued through the season is that even the supporters of the other drivers\teams were wide open for help ! For example, you could see the guy behind the banner in Korea - he's McLaren fan.
Maybe we all here should learn to be tolerant and beneficent to each other :)

Edited by Ivanoff, 12 November 2010 - 16:14.

#7631 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 16:47

We brought to Abu Dhabi all the banners that we made through this season.
http://motorsport.ne...ov-1/018wri.jpg
Only two just yet were catched by photographers.
And this new one:
http://s012.radikal....077a494336c.jpg
In total there are now 10 banners on the main grandstand. 8 for Schumi, one for Felipe and one for Seb.
I can tell you, guys, that it was a tremendous work :)
The most interesting moment in this story that continued through the season is that even the supporters of the other drivers\teams were wide open for help ! For example, you could see the guy behind the banner in Korea - he's McLaren fan.
Maybe we all here should learn to be tolerant and beneficent to each other :)

no offence but the writing on your last banner seems like it was either poorly translated to english or was writting be a primary school child.

should have brought a sarcastic one "BOX BOX BOX , we can get your stuck in traffic"

#7632 Ivanoff

Ivanoff

• 464 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 18:08

no offence but the writing on your last banner seems like it was either poorly translated to english or was writting be a primary school child.

We just used the words from the song http://www.metacafe...._when_you_know/
Maybe such connection, described in the song, between two men is a little bit too romantic, but the fixed phrase "Never let him go" was first in mind then we've decided to make a banner for both Schumi and Ross :)

#7633 Frans

Frans

• 7,701 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 21:34

very romantic, yes. :rotfl:

#7634 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,447 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 09:04

Maybe we can meet next time, I was in Ruse on Wednesday. It was good weather this week.

Can you imagine, I was even at the Black Sea in Varna on Tuesday, warm but pretty windy, and took a bath in the hot springs...

Concerning the Schu banners: I agree with Frans, the hero worship is very romantic. My eyes are wet already, how beautiful that such a thing still exists in this world... :cry:

#7635 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 09:04

http://www.motorspor...-ad-xp-0268.jpg
http://www.activepic...I_87D2610_v.jpg
http://www.activepic...I_87D2580_v.jpg
http://photofile.ru/...4/164345926.jpg
http://www.motorspor...-ad-xp-0386.jpg
http://www.motorspor...-ad-xp-0270.jpg
Ecclestone angry as Schumacher skips photo op
http://adamcooperf1....skips-photo-op/

#7636 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,447 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 09:05

It would be great if Michael mixes it with the big boys this weekend - what an epic story that would be!

Edited by aditya-now, 13 November 2010 - 09:09.

#7637 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,447 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 09:11

http://adamcooperf1....skips-photo-op/

Thanks for the links, Ivan!

It is quite curious how little Michael seems committed to the F1 fraternity at this time - the end of season photo is a classic, pity not to have Michael on it. Either Michael is in it only for his own fun and shuns other aspects, or he has written 2010 of to the degree of not wanting to appear in the class of 2010 on photograph...

#7638 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 09:33

Thanks for the links, Ivan!

It is quite curious how little Michael seems committed to the F1 fraternity at this time - the end of season photo is a classic, pity not to have Michael on it. Either Michael is in it only for his own fun and shuns other aspects, or he has written 2010 of to the degree of not wanting to appear in the class of 2010 on photograph...

To put it this way: Michael is off limits in F1. :rotfl:

#7639 Urawa

Urawa

• 1,135 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 11:06

He looked seriously good when all had the hard tyre on the car. Not quite the same on the SS but still ok.

Advertisement

#7640 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 11:10

He still miss a lot of good laps with one bad sector. Hope for 6th -7th at the start.

Edited by ivand911, 13 November 2010 - 11:14.

#7641 MCh000

MCh000

• 181 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 11:12

From onboard camera Michael's driving looked more smooth/less nervous than Nico's.

#7642 Frans

Frans

• 7,701 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 11:48

:rolleyes: a sign for things to come?

#7643 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,755 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 11:50

:rolleyes: a sign for things to come?

Yep. Michael will skip more pointless photo shoots.

#7644 Juan Kerr

Juan Kerr

• 2,888 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 12:01

Here we go with all the 'Michael's back!' comments, all of a sudden he's got younger and his reflexes are better. Tut!
Why don't people just listen to the guy himself and not be so synical in the first place. If he's struggling with the tyres and the car then thats what's happening. The fastest in F1 is the driver who has got the package going the quickest over a lap/race, that's how this sport works. Michael may well be still the best or one of the best at doing this. If Schumacher gets the opportunity to dominate a race sometime in the future when circumstances allow him to nothing will have changed in his body or mind.

#7645 Sof1

Sof1

• 611 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 14:26

Who qualified on what tires from the mercedes drivers?

SCH was on softs or Hards?

What was Rosberg on?

#7646 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,755 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 14:28

Both on options.

Edited by Diablobb81, 13 November 2010 - 14:28.

#7647 Urawa

Urawa

• 1,135 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 16:22

http://www.motorspor...n_10111318.html

"There´s a clear trend to see now. Since I´m using the Chassis # 5, which I´ve been waiting a long time for, the situation got much more stable.
Our aero package, our car works consistent. I´m more used to the car now and I can drive it the way it is possbile for me."

#7648 One

One

• 6,527 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 16:26

http://www.motorspor...n_10111318.html

"There´s a clear trend to see now. Since I´m using the Chassis # 5, which I´ve been waiting a long time for, the situation got much more stable.
Our aero package, our car works consistent. I´m more used to the car now and I can drive it the way it is possbile for me."

And then Schumacher qualify behind Roberg.

What was the reason as to why he went out on track at the Q3 that exact moment between the two Ferraris?? Did he thought that he can beat Alonso?

#7649 Spa95

Spa95

• 861 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 16:30

What was the reason as to why he went out on track at the Q3 that exact moment between the two Ferraris?? Did he thought that he can beat Alonso?

That was Rosberg :rolleyes:

#7650 Beyond

Beyond

• 386 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 16:45

when did he use chassis n5 first?

Edited by Beyond, 13 November 2010 - 16:45.