• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20789 replies to this topic

#7601 Jazza

Jazza

• 1,012 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 11:38

wow, the car slid towards the inside of the turn
really, wow

I assume that post was in response to mine, so what exactly does it mean? (sorry if it was for someone else)

Advertisement

#7602 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 11:44

be fun next year when schumacher is fighhting for the championship ill laugh if he cuts hamilton up alot and drives him into a wall

#7603 MikeTekRacing

MikeTekRacing

• 5,775 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 11:47

he races hard and he is ok if he is raced hard
I don't see any problem in this

#7604 SpeedyS

SpeedyS

• 236 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 11:48

Hit the brakes? Go onto the grass? He tried to go along the curb and slid a bit resulting in him putting two wheels on the grass and loosing a bit of speed. It wasn't like he had to do an emergency move and jump off the track.

Hit the brakes, easied of the gas, downshifted does not matter! he slowed due to KR giving him no room even tho he was longside. ISo where was he going to go if he had not jumped of the track??

Edited by SpeedyS, 09 November 2010 - 11:51.

#7605 SpeedyS

SpeedyS

• 236 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 11:52

I read the piece on autosport news. He let Nico pass during the Brazil GP.

When is his retirement?

End of 2012 after 1 more championship in the bag :clap:

#7606 Jazza

Jazza

• 1,012 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 11:53

Hit the brakes, easied of the gas, downshifted does not matter! he slowed due to KR giving him no room even tho he was longside

But they were only alongside as they entered the corner. Kubica had the racing line and as they exited the corner he started to pull ahead. In this situation it is always the responsibility of the driver on the outside to concede.

#7607 SpeedyS

SpeedyS

• 236 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 12:00

But they were only alongside as they entered the corner. Kubica had the racing line and as they exited the corner he started to pull ahead. In this situation it is always the responsibility of the driver on the outside to concede.

From where I am looking he was on the inside of he corner he went off track and outside of the corner before where they where along side.

As someone said it was hard racing, and MS does gives it that way so prehaps he cannot complain about taking it that way (and does not) but in my opinion a little strong from KR

#7608 One

One

• 6,527 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 12:23

End of 2012 after 1 more championship in the bag :clap:

It will not happen. :smoking:

Schumi is better off if he hung up his helm now. He will have no excuse the next year. your enthusiasm is killing him. Be a good fan of his, please. Give him a chance to leave in style.

#7609 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 12:25

Schumi is better off if he hung up his helm now. He will have no excuse the next year. your enthusiasm is killing him. Be a good fan of his, please. Give him a chance to leave in style.

pfft he already beat rosberg the last few races if it werent for the crappy stratergist...

msc easily had better pace than rosberg before the pitstop or maybe rosberg just let msc pull away at 0.2 + seconds a lap, or maybe it was that invisible car between the 2 slowing rosberg down :)

#7610 SpeedyS

SpeedyS

• 236 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 12:54

You cannot say "it will not happen" it is possible if Mercedes produce a Redbull of 2011. Yeah NR over the season has been stronger than MS, recently more equal but even at that look at MW and SV of Redbull 2009 compared to 2010, no one would have give MW a hope of leading SV going into the last race. Things do change and I believe MS has shown enough to at least say it is possible.

#7611 thrillercd

thrillercd

• 85 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 13:28

hey guys here is Schumacher's new movie and poster
Posted Image

#7612 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 15:54

Give him a chance to leave in style.

And you will of course .... :rolleyes:

#7613 salamin

salamin

• 1,692 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 16:13

Schumi is better off if he hung up his helm now. He will have no excuse the next year. your enthusiasm ...

is just like yours the other way

#7614 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 19:39

Like Kubica in Canada. I guess you mean inside(in the corner), Michael was inside in Brasil, as Kubica in Canada? But, he didn't concede there. So racing incident. But, at least Michael didn't send Kubica of the track. Like what Kubica did in Canada. But, I guess this time Michael just wanted to finish and to get points.

Edited by ivand911, 09 November 2010 - 19:44.

#7615 bestower

bestower

• 30 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 19:41

hey guys here is Schumacher's new movie and poster
Posted Image

Hahaha, King without Nuts

#7616 Jazza

Jazza

• 1,012 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 22:27

Like Kubica in Canada. I guess you mean inside(in the corner), Michael was inside in Brasil, as Kubica in Canada? But, he didn't concede there. So racing incident. But, at least Michael didn't send Kubica of the track. Like what Kubica did in Canada. But, I guess this time Michael just wanted to finish and to get points.

He was on the outside. Inside and outside is measured from the apex. How can MS be on the inside and kubica the outside, if they are going through a right hand corner and MS is on the left side of the track and RK the right side? The inside will always be the shorter distance and the outside the longest. MS is clearly taking the longer path, as he is trying to hang on around the outside of kubica.

I honestly can't remember what happened in Canada. I'll have to watch a replay of the race.

#7617 chrisblades85

chrisblades85

• 2,606 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 22:43

:confused:

As for the Robert incident. Not much in it.

#7618 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 22:47

He was on the outside. Inside and outside is measured from the apex. How can MS be on the inside and kubica the outside, if they are going through a right hand corner and MS is on the left side of the track and RK the right side? The inside will always be the shorter distance and the outside the longest. MS is clearly taking the longer path, as he is trying to hang on around the outside of kubica.

I honestly can't remember what happened in Canada. I'll have to watch a replay of the race.

I mean inside for next left corner(3rd). For the right corner Michael was out side, but he left space for Kubica. For next left corner Kubica didn't leave any space for Michael. He just send him off the track between right and left corner.

Edited by ivand911, 09 November 2010 - 22:49.

#7619 MikeTekRacing

MikeTekRacing

• 5,775 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 22:48

michael was out in turn 3 not in turn2

Advertisement

#7620 Jazza

Jazza

• 1,012 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 22:58

I mean inside for next left corner(3rd). For the right corner Michael was out side, but he left space for Kubica. For next left corner Kubica didn't leave any space for Michael.

Ok, i see what you mean now. But that corner is still 50 meters away. If you look on the picture you can see Sebastian is on the long apex of turn 3. They still had a bit of a micro straight to go before they were at that corner, and where MS went off was the exit of turn 2. MS was certainly not in a position to have any claim to that oncoming corner, as he was already falling behind on the exit of turn turn 2 (compare the front wings on the cars. In the entry of the corner MS front wing was slightly ahead, but by the middle he was slightly behind. As they go to the exit it was now behind RK front wheels, and by time he got to the ripple strip it was along Side RK rear wheels. He was loosing ground, as he was off the racing line and traveling the longer path.)

#7621 Racing Dutchman

Racing Dutchman

• 542 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 00:04

Q: What was the first CD that you bought?
MS: It was an LP - I think some hard rock, metal stuff.

Lol, it is on the official F1 website. Just shows how old Michael is, even the questions in 1 to 1 interviews are not in his generation anymore :D

And i shit my pants with this one

Q: What was your worst-ever buy?
MS: That changes with every fashion change.
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Edited by Racing Dutchman, 10 November 2010 - 00:05.

#7622 baddog

baddog

• 23,522 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 00:34

In the entry of the corner MS front wing was slightly ahead, but by the middle he was slightly behind. As they go to the exit it was now behind RK front wheels

Well you started out as 'Michaels front wheel was by Kubicas rear wing' so you are getting there.

I would ask you to look again though, and see that when Kubica lost the rear end and the cars touched, the impact was wheel to wheel both front and rear, which means noone was ahead..

Kubica was fully in his rights to defend the next corner, thats what we want to see, and if you had been right about him being quicker there he would have come out in front.. but in fact he would have come out still alongside and it was 50/50 on who would get the place. He pretty much just ran Michael off the track though.

I dont think anything should be done, I am sure Michael isnt complaining.. I wouldnt even be mentioning it except that you really misrepresented the situation and needed correcting.

#7623 zawisza

zawisza

• 565 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 01:10

Well you started out as 'Michaels front wheel was by Kubicas rear wing' so you are getting there.

I would ask you to look again though, and see that when Kubica lost the rear end and the cars touched, the impact was wheel to wheel both front and rear, which means noone was ahead..

Kubica was fully in his rights to defend the next corner, thats what we want to see, and if you had been right about him being quicker there he would have come out in front.. but in fact he would have come out still alongside and it was 50/50 on who would get the place. He pretty much just ran Michael off the track though.

I dont think anything should be done, I am sure Michael isnt complaining.. I wouldnt even be mentioning it except that you really misrepresented the situation and needed correcting.

Actually I don't know who was quicker. All I know is that the one exiting the corner on the inside has the shorter path to run. Generally :cool: The fight with Robert put me on the grassthat was all Michael said about the incident.

Edited by zawisza, 10 November 2010 - 01:33.

#7624 baddog

baddog

• 23,522 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 01:46

Actually I don't know who was quicker. All I know is that the one exiting the corner on the inside has the shorter path to run. Generally :cool: The fight with Robert put me on the grassthat was all Michael said about the incident.

Well Michael would have come into the left hander on the inside, so you presumably think the corner was his?

#7625 Jazza

Jazza

• 1,012 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 03:09

Actually it was I who was correcting the few who were misrepresenting the situation. They were basically saying kubica should be banned for pushing MS off the track for what was nothing more than two cars fighting for position.

I also think there is a misunderstanding about me saying that MS front wing was level with kubica rear wing. I never claimed that to be the case in the entry or the middle of the corner. I said that by time MS was on the ripple strip his front wing was level with RK rear wing. In other words RK could not have pushed him off since they were not alongside at the point that MS went off the road. If the argument is that they hit midcorner when alongside... Well I never claimed otherwise. I fail to see how any of that is misrepresenting the situation that needs correcting.

#7626 baddog

baddog

• 23,522 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 03:59

Actually it was I who was correcting the few who were misrepresenting the situation. They were basically saying kubica should be banned for pushing MS off the track for what was nothing more than two cars fighting for position.

I also think there is a misunderstanding about me saying that MS front wing was level with kubica rear wing. I never claimed that to be the case in the entry or the middle of the corner. I said that by time MS was on the ripple strip his front wing was level with RK rear wing. In other words RK could not have pushed him off since they were not alongside at the point that MS went off the road. If the argument is that they hit midcorner when alongside... Well I never claimed otherwise. I fail to see how any of that is misrepresenting the situation that needs correcting.

The only reason he ever fell behind at all was that he had to back off to avoid being hit, and also he ran off the track for the same reason.. he had to back off AND run off track or get hit. watch the video, its not subtle.

#7627 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:14

No what is implied is that if it was MS doing the shoving then all the "cheat, unfair etc" history and accusations would be bought up....... AGAIN .

But when it's someone else who shoves MS then it's a non incident apparently.

#7628 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:17

Q: What was the first CD that you bought?
MS: It was an LP - I think some hard rock, metal stuff.

Lol, it is on the official F1 website. Just shows how old Michael is, even the questions in 1 to 1 interviews are not in his generation anymore :D

And i shit my pants with this one

Q: What was your worst-ever buy?
MS: That changes with every fashion change.
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

im only 29 and i still remember cassete tapes and lps.... as will alot ot the current drivers

#7629 Jazza

Jazza

• 1,012 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:45

No what is implied is that if it was MS doing the shoving then all the "cheat, unfair etc" history and accusations would be bought up....... AGAIN .

But when it's someone else who shoves MS then it's a non incident apparently.

Because it was a non incident. And if the cars were reversed it would still be a non incident. We see this stuff at the start of every race.

If a few MS hating douchebags want to say that an incident like this is cheating, unfair, etc (if MS was kubica), then let them make an arse of themselves. It is a serious victim mentality to think that because MS may be attacked in a situation like this, that his fans now have to attack any driver that has an incident with MS. 'I don't think that kubica did anything wrong, but if MS did this he would be called a cheat. So I better call kubica a cheat to make things even'. It causes nothing but escalating childishness.

#7630 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:51

Because it was a non incident. And if the cars were reversed it would still be a non incident. We see this stuff at the start of every race.

If a few MS hating douchebags want to say that an incident like this is cheating, unfair, etc (if MS was kubica), then let them make an arse of themselves. It is a serious victim mentality to think that because MS may be attacked in a situation like this, that his fans now have to attack any driver that has an incident with MS. 'I don't think that kubica did anything wrong, but if MS did this he would be called a cheat. So I better call kubica a cheat to make things even'. It causes nothing but escalating childishness.

Not me Mate, I'm a MS fan but more so I'm an aggressive driver fan - the very reason I like MS and Kubica recently.

#7631 Muz Bee

Muz Bee

• 2,531 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 08:49

be fun next year when schumacher is fighhting for the championship ill laugh if he cuts hamilton up alot and drives him into a wall

You've obviously never raced an open wheeler or motorcycle where your balls are on the line in such a situation else you wouldn't make such a crass remark. Cynical like Michael. Ignore.

#7632 MikeTekRacing

MikeTekRacing

• 5,775 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 09:19

if everybody would think like this we could have a better forum :up:

great to see that we can debate in a reasonable matter

for me I expect them to race hard, as hard as possible. ms would do the same to kubica without wasting a breath on it.
there are some guys that whine at every chance they get about the other drivers, but it's not the case with ms

#7633 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 09:27

You've obviously never raced an open wheeler or motorcycle where your balls are on the line in such a situation else you wouldn't make such a crass remark. Cynical like Michael. Ignore.

its hard racing, everyone says its fair when it happens to schumacher because he went over the line a few times...

beeing run out of road all well and fair when its kubica

#7634 Muz Bee

Muz Bee

• 2,531 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 09:40

its hard racing, everyone says its fair when it happens to schumacher because he went over the line a few times...

beeing run out of road all well and fair when its kubica

Live by the sword, die by the sword. Michael is finding this out as a new generation who lave inherited the rules of (barely) fair play he and Senna made fashionable aren't afraid of the big bad wolf.

Hungary was a shocker and to lay it down as "whinging" as some here like to do in echo of their hero, shows a lack of contextual understanding of the sport of motor racing. It is NEVER all right to seriously endanger another driver through intimidation. Seriously is the key word here as motor racing has always been dangerous. If you have any doubts about how great the peril in Michael's "block" was try picking up a copy of Motorsport magazine October and looking at the photo, the gap between Rubens' Williams and the wall. Then read the sober argument about why the move and it's almost complete lack of punishment degrades the ENTIRE motorsport ethic.

I for one don't want to see Michael badly injured (yes F1 is still dangerous) but I think it would be sweet irony if he were to be on the receiving end of some of the "blocks" that have been his trademark in both segments off his career. I have the highest regard for Kubica as a "hard but fair" player and haven't seen cause to rate the latest outbreak of Michael defending as anything but clutching at straws.

#7635 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 3,116 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 11:10

im only 29 and i still remember cassete tapes and lps.... as will alot ot the current drivers

Indeed. Some memories are like yesterday and some are like a million years ago.

When Schumacher last won a WDC, I was in college, 18 years old in my final year. College feels like a million years ago. Schumacher racing in 2004 feels like yesterday.

Now, I'm 24, married, with child and with my own business.

Time flies.

#7636 kar

kar

• 10,308 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 11:52

Live by the sword, die by the sword. Michael is finding this out as a new generation who lave inherited the rules of (barely) fair play he and Senna made fashionable aren't afraid of the big bad wolf.

True. But unlike it seems most, when Michael's on the receiving end, he doesn't piss and moan like a girl.

#7637 zawisza

zawisza

• 565 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 13:34

True. But unlike it seems most, when Michael's on the receiving end, he doesn't piss and moan like a girl.

I agree. He's grown on me this season due to the fact that.

baddog: Well Michael would have come into the left hander on the inside, so you presumably think the corner was his?

Sorry, my bad. I failed to see we weren't talking about reality. In reality you must finish exiting the first corner before you enter the second one but you're right. Michael would've come into the left hander on the inside. Why not? It would have been the fastest racing line for him on the inside...just behind Kubica. :p

#7638 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 13:42

Michael show maturity there in the fight with Kubica and in the end finish the race ahead of him. In the first corner you can only finish your race.

#7639 zawisza

zawisza

• 565 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 14:47

Michael show maturity there in the fight with Kubica and in the end finish the race ahead of him. In the first corner you can only finish your race.

Indeed. :)

Advertisement

#7640 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 15:42

Yeah, no. I am fortunate to have a bit of time this year and instant access to any year race in F1 modern times and I have watched a bunch of 80's to mid 90's races recently and MS took a lot of crap himself off a lot of other drivers - they all drove a lot harder on each other back then without a doubt. Of course that came about by having about 11 millionty times more passing/passing attempts back then too.

And he rarely said "boo" back then either about "this driver or that driver".

Edited by cheapracer, 10 November 2010 - 15:44.

#7641 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,556 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 16:43

Nice interview :http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/formel-1/michael-schumacher-rosberg-nicht-wie-britney-spears-3064976.html

"Rosberg not like Britney Spears" :rotfl:

#7642 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 10:41

Good FP1 for Michael on new track for him. I clearly see something changed in last 4-5 races with Michael. His trainings are very solid, not like before having problems to get in Top10 and staying at 13-14 places. I guess he was testing a lot before , which result in bad results. He didn't have time to focus in car set up, and was working on updates mainly.

#7643 Hacklerf

Hacklerf

• 2,333 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 10:49

Schumachers back

#7644 David1976

David1976

• 876 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 11:14

Good FP1 for Michael on new track for him. I clearly see something changed in last 4-5 races with Michael. His trainings are very solid, not like before having problems to get in Top10 and staying at 13-14 places. I guess he was testing a lot before , which result in bad results. He didn't have time to focus in car set up, and was working on updates mainly.

Agree. He is starting to look a lot more competitive. Bodes well for next year if Mercedes can deliver a car/tyre/engine combination to his liking next year.

#7645 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,094 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 11:43

Hey Ivan, I drove by south of Ruse Wednesday at 1 am on the way from Varna to Sofia!!! Was joyful to be in Bulgaria again.

I agree, something has changed with Michael and the old fire seems to be there again. 2011 might become interesting....

#7646 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 11:53

Hey Ivan, I drove by south of Ruse Wednesday at 1 am on the way from Varna to Sofia!!! Was joyful to be in Bulgaria again.

Maybe we can meet next time, I was in Ruse on Wednesday. It was good weather this week.

#7647 Spa95

Spa95

• 861 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 13:32

I like what I'm seeing thus far - particulary his last run was very good. Early days still, but so far so good. :up:

Edited by Spa95, 12 November 2010 - 13:33.

#7648 salamin

salamin

• 1,692 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 13:34

I like what I'm seeing thus far - particulary his last run was very good. Early days still, but so far so good. :up:

yeah his unfinished lap was worth a p2-p3

#7649 Ivanoff

Ivanoff

• 464 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 16:11

We brought to Abu Dhabi all the banners that we made through this season.
http://motorsport.ne...ov-1/018wri.jpg
Only two just yet were catched by photographers.
And this new one:
http://s012.radikal....077a494336c.jpg
In total there are now 10 banners on the main grandstand. 8 for Schumi, one for Felipe and one for Seb.
I can tell you, guys, that it was a tremendous work :)
The most interesting moment in this story that continued through the season is that even the supporters of the other drivers\teams were wide open for help ! For example, you could see the guy behind the banner in Korea - he's McLaren fan.
Maybe we all here should learn to be tolerant and beneficent to each other :)

Edited by Ivanoff, 12 November 2010 - 16:14.

#7650 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 16:47

We brought to Abu Dhabi all the banners that we made through this season.
http://motorsport.ne...ov-1/018wri.jpg
Only two just yet were catched by photographers.
And this new one:
http://s012.radikal....077a494336c.jpg
In total there are now 10 banners on the main grandstand. 8 for Schumi, one for Felipe and one for Seb.
I can tell you, guys, that it was a tremendous work :)
The most interesting moment in this story that continued through the season is that even the supporters of the other drivers\teams were wide open for help ! For example, you could see the guy behind the banner in Korea - he's McLaren fan.
Maybe we all here should learn to be tolerant and beneficent to each other :)

no offence but the writing on your last banner seems like it was either poorly translated to english or was writting be a primary school child.

should have brought a sarcastic one "BOX BOX BOX , we can get your stuck in traffic"