Photo

Michael Schumacher (merged)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20789 replies to this topic

#7701 rog

rog

• 906 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 16:34

That was his own fault and he admitted it after the race. The Rosberg bashing speaks for itself.

Advertisement

#7702 Tarzaan

Tarzaan

• 1,203 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 18:40

Posted Image

#7703 Konsta

Konsta

• 1,739 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 19:32

That was his own fault and he admitted it after the race. The Rosberg bashing speaks for itself.

Quite so. Some ardent MS fans tarnish his image very much more than his on-track antics ever could.

#7704 RedBaron

RedBaron

• 2,765 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 19:34

Quite so. Some ardent MS fans tarnish his image very much more than his on-track antics ever could.

How does what some fans say about him have any relevance or baring on him as a person? Quite odd... In thre history books you'll see 7 Championships... a few on track scraps... but no quotes or notable mentions of members on this forum and their views.

#7705 Urawa

Urawa

• 1,135 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 19:37

"Some" is the right word. Every driver has such fans.
I don´t know why you feel the necessity to react to those comments.

#7706 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 19:48

http://www.imagebam....95bd42106550969
http://www.imagebam....90b3da106550973
http://www.motorspor...z1289750418.jpg
http://www.motorspor...z1289748846.jpg
Can we just focus on Michael here? Find thread for Nico. His fans to make him thread finally, when he is so great ,I guess he deserve one? Go there.

Edited by ivand911, 14 November 2010 - 19:55.

#7707 Konsta

Konsta

• 1,739 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 19:59

"Some" is the right word. Every driver has such fans.
I don´t know why you feel the necessity to react to those comments.

Because Nico did absolutely nothing wrong and look what kind of verbal trash he gets thrown at him. I know itś kinda silly to defend someone over the interweb but still :)

#7708 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,433 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 20:23

Because Nico did absolutely nothing wrong and look what kind of verbal trash he gets thrown at him. I know itś kinda silly to defend someone over the interweb but still :)

Wrong thread for discussion about Nico.

#7709 exmayol

exmayol

• 551 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 21:51

Woah that accident scared the hell out of me. Michael was very lucky to move his car a bit before FI crashed into him. I don't think Nico is to be blamed here but he certainly was a bit harder that it was necessary in that particular corner. Whatever. We'll be interesting to see how he copes with Michael racing him hard in return.

#7710 Disgrace

Disgrace
  • RC Forum Host

• 9,470 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 22:02

:up: More reasons for Schumacher to retire. Making a fool of himself is nearly going to kill him.

#7711 Raelene

Raelene

• 5,287 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 22:03

how did he make a fool of himself?

#7712 razno

razno

• 82 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 22:37

maybe because he laugh afterward - obvious he is senile :)

#7713 Disgrace

Disgrace
  • RC Forum Host

• 9,470 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 22:44

All year long?

#7714 MikeTekRacing

MikeTekRacing

• 5,716 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 23:08

you're trying to live up to your nickname? if so, you're doing a fantastic job

#7715 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 2,893 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 23:16

All year long?

All year long? Does that include the bits when Nico recieved preferential pit stop treatment too?

#7716 Disgrace

Disgrace
  • RC Forum Host

• 9,470 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 23:27

All year long?

You have to consider the precedent set by Schumacher: this is the first time he's been beaten by a team-mate. Ever. His comeback year has been nothing but a disaster. The standards shouldn't change.

But I'm not trying to troll on this thread by vomiting that all back up: Schumachers mistake today was elementary: he applied too much throttle off-line, with cold tyres and full fuel loads, when Rosberg poked his nose him. Which is why he crashed. Which is why it is related to making a fool of himself. Which is why he should retire, which was my opinion the moment I saw him nearly kill Barrichello in Hungary and it won't change unless he pulls something seriously spectacular out for 2011.

Does that include the bits when Nico recieved preferential pit stop treatment too?

Must be said, some of the strategy has been bizarre. Brazil and Japan come to mind instantly.

maybe because he laugh afterward - obvious he is senile :)

:lol:

Edited by Disgrace, 14 November 2010 - 23:28.

#7717 baddog

baddog

• 23,235 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 01:35

Schumachers mistake today was elementary: he applied too much throttle off-line, with cold tyres and full fuel loads, when Rosberg poked his nose him. Which is why he crashed. Which is why it is related to making a fool of himself. Which is why he should retire,

So who is going to drive the cars next year when the entire grid retires.. every single driver having made a mistake at least as 'elementary' as this one? I mean seriously, name ONE driver who has not stuffed it up in such a way?

Oh and what about Rubens frankly bizarre driving in the lead-up to this accident? I mean I guess he is allowed to slow down far more than normal for no apparent reason, causing the two cars behind to bunch up and triggering (though not being to blame for) a major accident?

#7718 George Costanza

George Costanza

• 2,007 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 02:39

The only way Schu will win everyone back is by winning the 2011 Championship at his age.

But that's a heck of a dream. Even I don't think he will do it, but he has prove me wrong in the past.

Edited by George Costanza, 15 November 2010 - 02:40.

#7719 exmayol

exmayol

• 551 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 03:09

So who is going to drive the cars next year when the entire grid retires.. every single driver having made a mistake at least as 'elementary' as this one? I mean seriously, name ONE driver who has not stuffed it up in such a way?

Oh and what about Rubens frankly bizarre driving in the lead-up to this accident? I mean I guess he is allowed to slow down far more than normal for no apparent reason, causing the two cars behind to bunch up and triggering (though not being to blame for) a major accident?

I think you know the answers. Haters will hate regardless.

But yeah no one cares about Rubens hence his moves [good or bad] dont get any attention. Even when they are great he still manages to screw the positive impression with his whining. I would think majority of fans don't take him seriously.

MS on the other hand made so many people unhappy [you were replying to one of them] during his domination period so that his every single move is being investigated with a microscope. A special type of microscope too, with double standard lense.

Advertisement

#7720 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 03:14

Schumacher's mistake, off line on the marbles and probably being more polite to Rosberg than he would be to others. Feel sorry for Liuzzi and I'm sure MS was quick to apologise.

Funny in todays F1 and the modern tyres how this isn't so common but 20+ years ago you would have a simple spin like this on the first lap of almost every F1 race from either end of the field.

#7721 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 03:17

The only way Schu will win everyone back is by winning the 2011 Championship at his age.

Won't change a thing, those who can't see what he is doing now or in the past will be blind to anything that comes in the future.

#7722 exmayol

exmayol

• 551 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 03:20

I don't think he needs to win anyone back; I don't recall him losing anyone really. Building proper MGP car and being up there in the leading pack should be more than sufficient to prove bashers wrong.

For an adequate fan it's not the statistics that define MS but his consistency, dedication and hard work which allowed him being among the best men in a such competitive sport for so long. I hope next year will bring more of that. After all we've seen the solid the trend of things going the right way.

#7723 stevewf1

stevewf1

• 3,254 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 04:47

If Schumacher hadn't goosed his car forward a couple of feet after his spin, Liuzzi could have ended up right on top of his head instead of just behind it...

#7724 Polle

Polle

• 292 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 07:23

The crashed scared the **** out of me after I saw the FI got hideously close to his head. For a moment I thought he was knocked unconscious when his head bobbled in every direction. Glad he was ok, Not really Nico's fault, it was the slightest of touches, Rubens braked real early for some reason.

#7725 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 07:30

i remember alot of people claiming schumacher didnt want to over take the FI in brazil, im guessing its different now its alonso and hamilton following a much slower renault for a race.

the same as it was different when schumacher was following a torro rosso in aus

#7726 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 07:32

I don't know if Rubens was brake testing his old friend. But, after this incident made Vettel Champion I will not complain. But, it was dangerous and this is problem.
Michael overtake TR(Jaime) twice in Australia.

Edited by ivand911, 15 November 2010 - 07:33.

#7727 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 07:47

I don't know if Rubens was brake testing his old friend. But, after this incident made Vettel Champion I will not complain. But, it was dangerous and this is problem.
Michael overtake TR(Jaime) twice in Australia.

after following for ages though and the "twice" part showed even back then he was getting stupid stratergies and they never learned

#7728 topical

topical

• 2,048 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 07:51

The crash was a sadly fitting end to an utterly disastrous and shambolic comeback season. In 2011 things can, as they say, only get better.

#7729 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 07:52

The crashed scared the **** out of me after I saw the FI got hideously close to his head. For a moment I thought he was knocked unconscious when his head bobbled in every direction. Glad he was ok, Not really Nico's fault, it was the slightest of touches, Rubens braked real early for some reason.

Nope, it really was all MS's fault, Rosberg didn't touch him although it may be Rosberg's fault only from the sense that MS didn't want any contact with his teammate and was holding wider than he may of with another competitor (and on the marbles).

The only other first lap own-spin from MS I can remember was at Monaco when he hit white line in the rain ('96?).

I'm still sniggering a little from all the crap MS fan's have taken from nasty Alonso fan's over the years and MS's spin was part of the reason Alonso lost the WDC :lol:

#7730 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 07:57

The crash was a sadly fitting end to an utterly disastrous and shambolic comeback season. In 2011 things can, as they say, only get better.

Oh it's you again :lol:

It was a pretty good comeback year from a point of view of those who actually understand motor racing.

Do you know what "shambolic" actually means? RBR and Ferrari had a "shambolic" year, Benz did not.

#7731 topical

topical

• 2,048 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 08:09

Do you know what "shambolic" actually means? RBR and Ferrari had a "shambolic" year, Benz did not.

He said at the start of the year that his goal in coming back was to win the championship. Instead he didn't even get a podium, was thrashed by his teammate, was involved in numerous crashes and errors, and even his boss and great friend Brawn said that if he was anyone other than Schumacher he probably wouldn't be retained for next year. If that's what you call a successful comeback then please, pass me some of what you're smoking... :lol:

Edited by topical, 15 November 2010 - 08:09.

#7732 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 08:12

He said at the start of the year that his goal in coming back was to win the championship. Instead he didn't even get a podium, was thrashed by his teammate, was involved in numerous crashes and errors, and even his boss and great friend Brawn said that if he was anyone other than Schumacher he probably wouldn't be retained for next year. If that's what you call a successful comeback then please, pass me some of what you're smoking... :lol:

Your post had credibility back in July Mate.

#7733 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 08:31

atleast schumacher has a reason for the mistakes.

what about alonso? monaco ? spa?
what about hamilton?
and if button can win a WDC and webber almost win a WDC im sure anyone can.

winning several doesnt come from just getting in one of the top teams as massa will tell you

#7734 topical

topical

• 2,048 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 08:47

Your post had credibility back in July Mate.

So you think Schumacher made a big improvement in the latter part of the season? Well let's see what happens next year then. Frankly I'd be quite happy for him to get in the mix a bit, as he's certainly mellowed and become more likeable as a person (notice his relaxed humour after the crash yesterday), even if his driving ethics are as questionable as ever...

#7735 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 09:13

So you think Schumacher made a big improvement in the latter part of the season? Well let's see what happens next year then. Frankly I'd be quite happy for him to get in the mix a bit, as he's certainly mellowed and become more likeable as a person (notice his relaxed humour after the crash yesterday), even if his driving ethics are as questionable as ever...

I don't think Michael improve, they finally give him latest chassis 5 and he stop doing most of the testing. So with better car(equal to his team mate) he finally have time to focus on competing. Also he learn tyres.

#7736 Augurk

Augurk

• 1,932 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 09:17

How are his driving ethics questionable?

#7737 Paco

Paco

• 1,145 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 09:31

Yes he said his comeback goal is to win a championship.... within 3 years (or more). He never said he was coming back and expecting to win it in the 1st year back. He knew exactly were Merc stood even before he signed on. He knew exactly where they were (as opposed to his teammate) after the initial test sessions. He hadn[t expected to be behind his team mate as much as he was but by end of year he had made up most of that ground if not all of it. So all in...

Merc was a solid car. just not top 3. but a constant top 10 showing which is by f1 standards.. very good.
Struggled with the tires but by end of year started to get to grips with the car.
So solid first year.

Only neg. - took much longer to get up to speed and ended up finishing behind his teammate.

Now that Brawn is fully over, the lack of 2009 budget setting back the 2010 car is over, both drivers capable and upto speed, new tires for the entire grid so no advantage to anyone there..

Let's see what Michael and Co. can do next season. By end of next year, we'll know if he's on it or not and capable of bring home a championship to Merc within the next few years.

Edited by Paco, 15 November 2010 - 09:33.

#7738 topical

topical

• 2,048 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 10:37

How are his driving ethics questionable?

Hungary 2010

#7739 topical

topical

• 2,048 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 10:40

Yes he said his comeback goal is to win a championship.... within 3 years (or more). He never said he was coming back and expecting to win it in the 1st year back. He knew exactly were Merc stood even before he signed on.

This is what he said in January at the Merc launch:

"We have a world champion team in every sense of the word and I cannot wait to get into the car for the first time in Valencia," Schumacher said. "I am convinced that (Mercedes) will be in a very good position to fight for the championships this season and I will definitely give it a go."

Advertisement

#7740 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 2,893 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 10:44

He said at the start of the year that his goal in coming back was to win the championship. Instead he didn't even get a podium

He said that in January before even testing the car......
In February he said the car was a dog and the championships would be a long shot.
Rosberg lucked into a podium TWICE (both races when Schumacher had a damaged chassis from Melbourne...remember....?) but Silverstone was on merit.

was thrashed by his teammate,

As said in earlier posts, the difference between the two is exacerbated by the fact that Schumacher was doing dummy runs and Nico was the beneficiary. Team orders were used as early as Hockenheim (Brazil and Suzuka also spring to mind too). This is something you can't deny.

was involved in numerous crashes and errors, and even his boss and great friend Brawn said that if he was anyone other than Schumacher he probably wouldn't be retained for next year. If that's what you call a successful comeback then please, pass me some of what you're smoking... :lol:

The last races, I and others thought he redeemed himself and more than deserves his place in F1. Haters will carry on hating. See you in March friend :up:

#7741 Augurk

Augurk

• 1,932 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 10:50

Hungary 2010

Oh come on. He fights hard on track and he never complains when he is fought back hard. He didn't complain in Canada when it ruined his race, he didn't complain when in Spa when his teammate pushed him off track and he didn't complain after Abu Dhabi, even with Rubens' obvious brake test and Rosberg's aggressive move pushing him to the dirty side.

Rubens is a crybaby, especially when it comes to Schumacher.

Also I don't get that Hamilton, Kobayashi and Kubica are praised for their aggressive driving, yet if Schumacher does it the whole world is on fire.

#7742 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 10:51

"We have a world champion team in every sense of the word and I cannot wait to get into the car for the first time in Valencia," Schumacher said. "I am convinced that (Mercedes) will be in a very good position to fight for the championships this season and I will definitely give it a go."

So, the guy just forgot his crystal ball home. And he is guilty for that?

#7743 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 2,893 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 10:53

and this is what he said in February 27th, 2010

http://www.formula1....10/2/10474.html

Q: Michael, after this test the next stop is Bahrain. Are you satisfied with the car?

Michael Schumacher: Only the future will show if it’s a winner. We are working very hard and there is still a lot of work to do. I would not say that at the moment it is all going according to plan, but on the other hand I know that the car here in Barcelona is not the car that I will drive in Bahrain. There are still upgrades that are missing, so it is quite difficult to make a valid judgment of where we are. But in general, I would say that I don’t see any reason why we should not have a say on the championship.

Q: Do you think the car will be able to challenge for victory in Bahrain?

Still.....don't let that get in the way of your selective quoting :up:
MS: Maybe not.

#7744 topical

topical

• 2,048 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 11:15

Oh come on. He fights hard on track and he never complains when he is fought back hard. He didn't complain in Canada when it ruined his race, he didn't complain when in Spa when his teammate pushed him off track and he didn't complain after Abu Dhabi, even with Rubens' obvious brake test and Rosberg's aggressive move pushing him to the dirty side.

Rubens is a crybaby, especially when it comes to Schumacher.

Also I don't get that Hamilton, Kobayashi and Kubica are praised for their aggressive driving, yet if Schumacher does it the whole world is on fire.

Schumacher was punished for that move and apologised for it afterwards. You can't deny it was over the top. Though I agree Rubens is a cry baby, but that's another story...

#7745 Mr2s

Mr2s

• 794 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 12:24

atleast schumacher has a reason for the mistakes.

what about alonso? monaco ? spa?
what about hamilton?
and if button can win a WDC and webber almost win a WDC im sure anyone can.

winning several doesnt come from just getting in one of the top teams as massa will tell you

Just a quick point.

Alonso has a long long way to go to beat Schumacher's practice crash record. The rules were unlucky for Alonso at monaco with a non spectacular shunt to boot.. Schumacher befitted from new chassis. Ive seen 2 Oz GPs schumacher made a mess of his car and was lucky to go on to win. In 2001 He was upside down.

Edited by Mr2s, 15 November 2010 - 12:25.

#7746 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 12:27

Just a quick point.
Alonso has a long long way to go to beat Schumacher's practice crash record.

You are right, Alonso is long long way from any of Michael records. And honestly they all are.

Edited by ivand911, 15 November 2010 - 12:29.

#7747 MikeTekRacing

MikeTekRacing

• 5,716 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 13:20

Just a quick point.

Alonso has a long long way to go to beat Schumacher's practice crash record. The rules were unlucky for Alonso at monaco with a non spectacular shunt to boot.. Schumacher befitted from new chassis. Ive seen 2 Oz GPs schumacher made a mess of his car and was lucky to go on to win. In 2001 He was upside down.

how many crashes has michael had when this no spare, no engine etc were brought in?
maybe some drivers know when it is possible to risk and when not

#7748 Mr2s

Mr2s

• 794 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 13:44

how many crashes has michael had when this no spare, no engine etc were brought in?
maybe some drivers know when it is possible to risk and when not

yes thats very true and some people thought it was good schumacher was always on and over the limit.
But to crucify Alonso over Monaco is a bit much. It wasn't even a bad shunt.
Schumacher made a lot of errors and cracked under pressure more than Alonso has so far.

#7749 MikeTekRacing

MikeTekRacing

• 5,716 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 13:54

he's also delivered under pressure more than all the others, over 2 completely different decades of racing and regulations

nobody crucifies alonso for that. an error is still an error and it costs you, but that's part of the game.

#7750 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 6,849 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 16:36

How different today could have been.. F1 really does ride on a wave of luck when it comes to these kinds of incidents. Long may that luck continue.

Very very lucky escape. I am still in a kind of shock about the incident - just as Martin Brundle said, "That one will catch Michael´s attention!"